THREAD OF FAITH -

2765 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Mar 19, 2015 - 3:42pm Mr. Fix
Green Lantern

Mr. Fix wrote: Can I

Mr. Fix wrote:

Can I watch?

Nope!! And yes, it could be interesting. It's a one person invitation.

I am proposing a dia-logue. While a dialog can consist of two or more people, our public forums (an open assembly for public discussions) is rarely that. Plus you are needed in DOTS as your contribution and willingness to respond to other posters and provide independent commentary on on going events is unique and part of the dynamic that keeps any forum a live.

Plus I'll assume that others who rarely participate in this forum will suddenly appear and thus destroy the dynamic of an intimate dialog and encroach on the purpose of this forum. I like to acknowledge and address all points made to me and I would hate for anybody to mistake my diligence as repetitive posting for the sake of overtaking a forum.

Thu, Mar 19, 2015 - 4:50pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

GL,

Understood.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Thu, Mar 19, 2015 - 8:59pm
ag1969

IRB

With all due respect, I would like to point something out:

You said, "They mock the Bible, all the while cobbling together some pseudo-religion out of assorted YouTube videos. Woe unto any who question these deep truths found in these random videos."

A quick youtube search of "Christian videos" reveals 14.5 million videos on youtube. In all fairness, one could probably cobble together some views on Christianity with 14.5 million "assorted videos."

I know my information comes from far more varied sources than youtube, including texts that existed many thousands of years before the Bible was edited at the Council of Nicea.

I am just saying, if you are going to pick on someone's beliefs because youtube videos exist on a certain subject, that maybe you should re-examine your own beliefs. I am not calling for you to do so, I don't care what you believe, and maybe you were not including me in that very inclusive summary of what the DOTS people believe, which I point out, seems to be strictly your opinion and based nowhere in fact.

Anyway, since I can't remember ever mocking The Bible, I guess you weren't including me, so I will shut up now.

Thu, Mar 19, 2015 - 9:01pm
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

@ GL

Absolutely loved and respect that response, I only posted that openly, because of your post in Dots.

If you want to keep this in a private PM, no worries, I am all in, agree with much of what you have said.

I have that ability, I support the Turd, I can PM.

I know you are extremely well read based on your posts, again no worries.

So.... where do we start?...... why don't you begin. One issue at a time or even a few.

Can't promise how quick the responses will be, extremely busy at work right now, but they will come.

Sorry Fix...... no peeking in over the fence unless we both agree.

Mon, Mar 23, 2015 - 7:50pm
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

Shall not we speak well of Him who made us anew?

"I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."—Luke 19:40.

UT could the stones cry out? Assuredly they could if He who opens the mouth of the dumb should bid them lift up their voice. Certainly if they were to speak, they would have much to testify in praise of Him who created them by the word of His power; they could extol the wisdom and power of their Maker who called them into being. Shall not we speak well of Him who made us anew, and out of stones raised up children unto Abraham? The old rocks could tell of chaos and order, and the handiwork of God in successive stages of creation's drama; and cannot we talk of God's decrees, of God's great work in ancient times, in all that He did for His church in the days of old? If the stones were to speak, they could tell of their breaker, how he took them from the quarry, and made them fit for the temple, and cannot we tell of our glorious Breaker, who broke our hearts with the hammer of His word, that He might build us into His temple? If the stones should cry out they would magnify their builder, who polished them and fashioned them after the similitude of a palace; and shall not we talk of our Architect and Builder, who has put us in our place in the temple of the living God? If the stones could cry out, they might have a long, long story to tell by way of memorial, for many a time hath a great stone been rolled as a memorial before the Lord; and we too can testify of Ebenezers, stones of help, pillars of remembrance. The broken stones of the law cry out against us, but Christ Himself, who has rolled away the stone from the door of the sepulchre, speaks for us. Stones might well cry out, but we will not let them: we will hush their noise with ours; we will break forth into sacred song, and bless the majesty of the Most High, all our days glorifying Him who is called by Jacob the Shepherd and Stone of Israel.

https://www.spurgeon.org/morn_eve/this_evening.cgi

Sun, Mar 29, 2015 - 2:09pm
south west medicine
-
CA

easter

With the celebration of easter almost here I wonder about all the church activities that come with it-jump houses, chocolate bunnies, decorated eggs. I asked my grandson, (10 years old) what these things have to do with the resurrection.

He gave me an answer something about rabbits, eggs and new life. We talked some more and he said the jump houses are there to attract the kids and then the parents will come with the kids. And the parents have the money so the church needs the money to grow.

Jim posted a very powerful statement on this subject. He said that the easter holiday and its origin is pagan. And that Christians will have to give account of why they are celebrating a pagan holiday (Hebrews 4:13). If you are interested in this document just email Jim.

I would like to hear some input from you about this subject. If easter is a pagan holiday, what are we doing and what does God think?

SWM

Sun, Mar 29, 2015 - 6:08pm
wouldyoubelieve...
-
Pomona, CA

pagan holidays

Roman catholicism brought many pagan feasts into christianity, including sunday sabbath, modern protestant religions simply kept them through "tradition", something else the bible warns against

p

Mon, Mar 30, 2015 - 2:04am south west medicine
foggyroad

Bless You

south west medicine wrote:

With the celebration of easter almost here I wonder about all the church activities that come with it-jump houses, chocolate bunnies, decorated eggs. I asked my grandson, (10 years old) what these things have to do with the resurrection.

He gave me an answer something about rabbits, eggs and new life. We talked some more and he said the jump houses are there to attract the kids and then the parents will come with the kids. And the parents have the money so the church needs the money to grow.

Jim posted a very powerful statement on this subject. He said that the easter holiday and its origin is pagan. And that Christians will have to give account of why they are celebrating a pagan holiday (Hebrews 4:13). If you are interested in this document just email Jim.

I would like to hear some input from you about this subject. If easter is a pagan holiday, what are we doing and what does God think?

SWM

I am so pleased to read from you, SVM, your posts have brought me much joy.

The real problem is the Pew Sitters, (as NWV called them one time if memory serves) do not read their bibles, if they did they would know these worldly practices are not approved of by our heavenly Father.

There is much that goes on in the Church that is contrary to God's Will, and all will meet their Maker, and give account.

My people are lost through ignorance, comes to mind.

Really SVM, if people profess to love God, the least they could do is to read the Book that He gave us.

When you love someone do you not go out of your way to learn everything possible about them?

Why?

So you can make them happy.

God Bless You Carol,

continue to get better,

love your brother in Christ,

foggy

ps. send my love to Jim

Fri, Apr 3, 2015 - 12:47pm
foggyroad

Brothers and Sisters

Have a Blessed Good Friday.

Beauty For Ashes ~ My personal miracle testimony
Sun, Apr 5, 2015 - 11:29am
NW VIEW

A RESURRECTION CELEBRATION @ TABLE!

Isaiah 12:1-3New International Version (NIV)

Songs of Praise

12 In that day you will say:

“I will praise you, Lord.
Although you were angry with me,
your anger has turned away
and you have comforted me.
2 Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense[a];
he has become my salvation.”
3 With joy you will draw water
from the wells of salvation.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I will drop in a quick note for this great day. No it is not Easter for the Church but the celebration of the Lord's resurrection. If He had not been raised from the dead, we would be LOST forever. Yes there are millions at the steeple houses that are seeking Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies and much fiat will land in the offering plates from the one time pew sitters.

When the many finally see that great tribulation has invaded the entire planet and the steeple houses are still filled with those who are left behind, then a remnant will begin to truly seek Him. It is difficult these days to see the multitude who are being killed for their stand for Christ. Tribulation has truly overtaken them as the majority still seek a "quick escape" from reality.

The Blood still cries out from the land, the Finished Work of the Cross is still available for a remnant, and a thief is still coming upon mankind as we continue to sleep upon our pews and eat our placebos. Pray that the Lord will send some as George Fox, Watchman Nee, Polycarp, John Huss, etc. before we see the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords entering the back of the steeple house with a whip. Jim

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Sun, Apr 5, 2015 - 12:33pm
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

@NW & All

Good to see you back Jim, you have been missed.

To all my Brothers and Sisters in Christ here at TFMR and especially ToF, I wish you a blessed, Easter- Passover, or probably better stated as Jim said, a time when we believers collectively celebrate both Christ’s crucifixion, and more so His Resurrection.

Despite those that twist, trample and pervert it, whatever day one celebrates it, or whatever one calls it is irrelevant imo.

The third day after His Cross, the tomb was empty, and He lives, ever living to make intercession for us, and He lives also within the very hearts of all true believers. All those that know Him and embrace Him, understand this Great Truth. The world and the Devil cannot take this from us.

Everything in the Christian Faith hangs on the resurrection of Christ according to Paul…. Everything.

“Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.” I Cor 15:12-19

Rejoice O believer….. The Tomb was empty, and He is Risen and He is coming back again, and right soon.

Maranatha

Sun, Apr 5, 2015 - 12:39pm
Jeremiah Jr
-
Babylon USA

@NW & All

Good to see you back Jim, you have been missed.

To all my Brothers and Sisters in Christ here at TFMR and especially ToF, I wish you a blessed, Easter- Passover, or probably better stated as Jim said, a time when we believers collectively celebrate both Christ’s crucifixion, and more so His Resurrection.

Despite those that twist, trample and pervert it, whatever day one celebrates it, or whatever one calls it is irrelevant imo.

The third day after His Cross, the tomb was empty, and He lives, ever living to make intercession for us, and He lives also within the very hearts of all true believers. All those that know Him and embrace Him, understand this Great Truth. The world and the Devil cannot take this from us.

Everything in the Christian Faith hangs on the resurrection of Christ according to Paul…. Everything.

“Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.” I Cor 15:12-19

Rejoice O believer….. The Tomb was empty, and He is Risen and He is coming back again, and right soon.

Watch Israel

Maranatha

Sun, Apr 5, 2015 - 9:31pm
foggyroad

Have You been Tested?

Genuine Christianity (Salvation) or Counterfeit? My Near Death Experience

Love and Blessings, all Glory unto our beloved Lord.

He is Risen,

Halleluja,

Praise the Lord.

God Bless All.

Plenty more Spirit filled videos, done by this lovely Lady.

click link below..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzGslPR5FSJbUqaq8f0PE3Q

Sun, Apr 5, 2015 - 10:19pm
foggyroad

NWV, JJr.

Thank you for your posts, the time to redouble our efforts to spread the truth is now.

Soon, freedom of Religion, the Gospel of Christ, will be illegal to preach openly.

The real Gospel will not be allowed to be preached, only in underground assemblies.

A Gov't approved version will be taught in the major Churches, it will not be the Biblical Truth, but an less conscience convicting version, can't have anyone feeling uncomfortable, might cause membership [and collection plate revenue] to drop.

A lovey dovey, inclusive, non- judgemental, no repentance required version that leads to the broad way, not the Narrow Gate, but keeps the Pews [and the coffers] full.

Kenneth needs another corporate jet to add to his several others.

Time is short to spread the true Gospel of Christ, persecution took 90,000 believers last year, God Bless them, this number will rise exponentially over the next few years media blackout in tact.

The Rick Ws and Joel Ols will get mighty rich, the blind leading the blind into the ditch.

Truth will not become anymore popular than it is now, ear ticklers will grow rich, as our Father's heart grieves.

God Bless you Brothers and Sisters, keep busy in the Lord's work.

Love Foggy.

Jim call me, I'll give you my new email.

Mon, Apr 6, 2015 - 12:26am
south west medicine
-
CA

easter holiday or Resurrection Day

We had an interesting Resurrection Day celebration. Several family members camped out at the State Park. This park is almost on the sand at the beach.

When we got to the campsite the first thing I saw was a 5 foot tall paper mache rabbit. It was a pinata filled with candy. The younger children will have fun wacking it until it breaks open and then they will run for the candy.

I found myself getting angry. I was mad that we had celebrated this holiday so many years with chocolate candy and eggs and didn't know what we were doing.

Soon the conversation got to the paper mache rabbit and how big it was. I asked the group if they knew that easter was a pagan holiday. Two people answered me. One said that he did not know that and the other one said he thought that he had heard of it. And a few minutes later one of the ladies said that we were celebrating the Resurrection Day. Then one of the men asked me what I thought of picture he took that morning on the beach. He showed me a picture of a man dragging a life size cross through the sand and down the beach. I answered saying I believe the man is making a statement. Remember the cross.

There is a German expression I wish I could quote correctly. It says something like "we learn much too much too late."

I enjoy hearing (reading) your comments/post/videos, etc. Thank you for being part of my life! I believe that this is the year to be Grateful....Give thanks with me.

SWM-carol

Mon, Apr 6, 2015 - 1:54am
foggyroad

Nicole Mullin

MY REDEEMER LIVES - NICOLE C MULLEN VIDEO WITH LYRICS HD

God Bless, Carol

I rejoice and give Praise with you, be well.

Thank You Father.

Love foggy

The Old Rugged Cross
Then sings my soul
He Lives! (I Serve A Risen Saviour)
Tell it to Jesus
Mon, Apr 6, 2015 - 8:00pm
south west medicine
-
CA

Music to my ears

Foggy,

I Love the music and your choice of songs.

Tomorrow we will have company for lunch. My husband's sister- Linda and her husband-Spencer.

It was Linda's husband that showed me the photo of the man dragging a cross on the sand at the beach on Resurrection Sunday.

I will bring up the subject of the cross and see what happens.

I might say something like,

Linda do you mind if I ask you a question? Remember 10 years before your dad passed away he became a Christian. He prayed for you always. He wanted to be sure you understood the meaning of the cross. Can we talk about that now?

Or Perhaps God will bring up the subject another way..... I will post tomorrow and let you know.

SWM

Mon, Apr 6, 2015 - 8:00pm
south west medicine
-
CA

Music to my ears

Foggy,

I Love the music and your choice of songs.

Tomorrow we will have company for lunch. My husband's sister- Linda and her husband-Spencer.

It was Linda's husband that showed me the photo of the man dragging a cross on the sand at the beach on Resurrection Sunday.

I will bring up the subject of the cross and see what happens.

I might say something like,

Linda do you mind if I ask you a question? Remember 10 years before your dad passed away he became a Christian. He prayed for you always. He wanted to be sure you understood the meaning of the cross. Can we talk about that now?

Or Perhaps God will bring up the subject another way..... I will post tomorrow and let you know.

SWM

Tue, Apr 7, 2015 - 9:00pm
south west medicine
-
CA

Lunch, Linda, and the cross

We had lunch today with Linda and Spencer. Linda is my husband's sister and Spencer is her husband. Linda and Spencer live in Reno and we don't see them very often. Dan (my husband) and I have tried many times before to talk to Linda about salvation. We intended to bring up the subject again today.

I am pretty strict with our diet and decided today to have several choices so they would have plenty to eat. (Everything was organic) We served turkey sandwiches (two kinds of bread-sour dough and whole wheat) with avocado, purple onion, tomato, lettuce and condiments. We had two kinds of corn chips with a yummy garlic dip, fresh strawberries, rasberries, pineapple slices. For desert we had coconut milk chocolate "ice cream" with chocolate chip vegan cookies, and organic chocolate covered almonds. I wanted to be sure that they left full.

We had other family members here so after the meal I asked Linda if I could talk to her privately. (My husband came in the room with us.) So I told her what I said in my previous post.

"I might say something like,

Linda do you mind if I ask you a question? Remember 10 years before your dad passed away he became a Christian. He prayed for you always. He wanted to be sure you understood the meaning of the cross. Can we talk about that now?"

Imo it went very well. She listened and acknowledge that she understood the reason for the cross. She said she has "done that" and we didn't have to worry about her. My husband talked to her more about committing our lives to Jesus, accountability and the importance of a relationship with the father.

We prayed together, Linda prayed and the day ended with hugs.

I did not bring up the subject of the man dragging the cross at the beach but we did share some nutritional information with Linda's husband. He suffers from some physical issues and he seemed happy to try something besides medicine. I will ask him at another time to email the pic (of the cross- see previous post)to me and perhaps that will start something.

Life is wonderful with Jesus!

SWM

Thu, Apr 9, 2015 - 3:40am
Hayman
-
NE

Wonderful indeed SWM

Reading SWM's post and seeing her doing so well Spiritually is inspiring. John 9 1-5 keeps popping up whereever I go today and it does so again now. As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “BUT THIS HAPPENED SO THAT THE WORKS OF GOD MIGHT BE DISPLAYED IN HIM. As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world." Our sister SWM who was previously at deaths door, was lifted up to God in prayer by those at this table, blessed and annointed by Him our most Gracious Father, and returned to us. I believed in my heart God would grant her reprieve. Her post shows why he has done so... THIS HAS HAPPENED SO THAT THE WORKS OF GOD MIGHT BE DISPLAYED IN HER. And so that HE might be glorified through her. And look: She does the works of him who sent her. In James 4:2,3 it is written: You do not have because you do not ask. When you ask, you do not receive because you ask with the wrong motives. When we ask for something in prayer, do we ask with our motives or the Lord's motives? Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have recieved it and it will be yours. We confess with our mouths, but do we believe with our hearts God will answer? We must for it to happen. The passage below from King Solomon's day should be read with Jeremiah's 31:31-34 new covenant prophecy in mind and with the apostle Paul's aid: Corithians 3:16 "Don't you know that you are God's Temple and that God's spirit lives in you?... In King Solomons time, the temple where God interfaced with Israel was in a building, in SWM's time it is in her... 2nd Chronicles 7:12-22 The Lord appeared to him (Solomon) at night and said: 12“I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place (SWM) for myself as a temple for sacrifices. 13 “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people,14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways (repent), then (She) will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 (ONLY) Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. (Because before the humbling,prayer,seeking and repenting they were not!) I have chosen and consecrated this temple (SWM) so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there. 17“As for you, if you walk before me faithfully as David your father did, and do all I command, and observe my decrees and laws (In your heart), 18I will establish your royal throne, as I covenanted with David your father when I said, ‘You shall never fail to have a successor to rule over Israel.’ 19“But if you turn away and forsake the decrees and commands I have given you and go off to serve other gods (this could be worldly Idols) and worship them, 20 then I will uproot Israel from my land, which I have given them, and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. I will make it a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples. 21 This temple will become a heap of rubble. All who pass by will be appalled and say, ‘Why has the Lord done such a thing to this land and to this temple?’ 22 People will answer, ‘Because they have forsaken the Lord, the God of their ancestors, who brought them out of Egypt, and have embraced other gods, worshiping and serving them—that is why he brought all this disaster on them.’ ” Every day SWM lives brings Glory to our Father, because she glorifies him within her temple. His desires have become her desires, and the Works of God are on display in Her. What Joy you bring to my heart and this table SMW!