2750 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sun, Jun 7, 2020 - 11:07am
sierra skier
-
ID

The Editors’ Quote of the Day

The Editors’ Quote of the Day:

“Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men

But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.” – Titus 3: 1-11(KJV)

James Wesley Rawles June 7, 2020

Sun, Jun 7, 2020 - 11:30pm
Trail Trekker

The Church has left the Building - Thanks NW View

I saw a advertisement for a T-Shirt that said: THE CHURCH HAS LEFT THE BUILDING I automatically thought of NW View, Jim. I imagine he would have a lot to say about the closures of steeple houses during this quarantine. I wanted to give a short eulogy in memory of Jim. My husband had the blessing of meeting him more than 20 years ago through work. When my husband and I got together he would bring up Jim's name occasionally over the course of 10 years. I was so happy when I got to meet him. Our first conversation after they hugged and caught up was about the "Church". Now for years my husband has been telling me that we as Believers are the Church and Jim doesn't go to one. I knew this tidbit before I met him and thought I'd get one over on him when my husband said ask him where he goes to Church, but I said instead where do you worship? Haha he said. And most of you know where he stands on Steeple Houses. The next time I saw him we immediately started talking shop and I said ok where do you stand on the Rapture; pre or post Trib? I thought he said pre but when I came back around to it because I could swear I misheard him, he said nope it's post. At that moment I thought there is no way I can be friends with this person, LOL. He said a few more things on the subject and I was completely silent on the drive home baffled by what I just heard. I've always been one to not waver on my beliefs and I mean concrete, no budging. But for some reason that day on the way home my eyes opened and I have never seen anything really the same way since. I no longer sit in a steeple house on Sunday's. I open and read my Bible for the answers and in doing so am seeing the whole thing like it's the first time I cracked it open (I've read the Bible twice so if that says anything). I only got a little over a year with him but it changed my life forever. He introduced me to this site. Though I have been a believer since a child, Jim introduced me to the real Jesus, the Church and the Kingdom. He loved to talk about Jesus and backed everything up with scripture rarely putting in his two cents but when he did I liked his input. He cared about the eternity of the lives of people and wanted to make sure we are aware of when we have been duped such as the Rapture theory created by John Darby. He wanted everyone to know how mislead we have been by sitting in a pew every Sunday and what we must do to turn it around, all written out in scripture. Shortly before he passed away he told all on this forum about a book called, "The Great Deception of American Christianity without Christ". I have finally read it and it was like a little piece of Jim left behind to answer more questions I had on some of his older posts. If you get the chance to read it please take the opportunity to do so it is a plethora of information Jim was hot on. He was a great explainer of how dangerous it is to celebrate a pagan holiday such as Halloween, Christmas and Easter and again backed it up by scripture. If I had a motto to attach to Jim it would be "Get out of the pew and into your Bible". He was a wonderful teacher in my opinion and a great friend. He and Linda saved my life when I was deathly ill last September by taking me to their Natural Path and I am nearly back to 100%. He cared about the health of people and new ideas in the natural medical realm. On one occasion we were talking about dying and he said that if there was a funeral for him and the Pastor or whoever was speaking said that I was with the Lord I want you to stand up and tell him and everybody else that I'm not. I said I would. I'm not sure if there is/was a funeral so I am saying it here. JIM IS NOT WITH THE LORD He is sleeping until the end. And to back it up, with Jim's earlier instruction, here it is: I Thessalonians 4:15 For this we declare to you by the Lord's word, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord shall in no way precede or have any advantage at all over those who have previously fallen asleep [in him in death]. Jim will always be remembered in the hearts of many and I can't wait to see him again in heaven. I am honored at the chance of having met him and what he brought to my life he will never know even if I did tell him how blessed I was to have him in my life and I could never learn enough and that he better not die on me but sheesh God’s will came along. Rest in peace Jim until we all meet up again!
Mon, Jun 8, 2020 - 8:54am
sierra skier
-
ID

What a wonderful eulogy for Jim

TT you hit home base with your thoughts about NWVIEW. The several times we met the topic was always on the failure of the steeple house and about our body and soul being the true church, something I discovered back in my teens as an altar boy. Our brief relationship was full of religious revelations and health /diet chatter. We struck it off because of our common realization of the church residing within and our exchanges of conversation took off from there. Jim will be sorely missed and you are correct in knowing he is waiting for the final ascension to join the Lord Jesus Christ in Heaven.

Thank you for your sharing your memories of this incredible man and his offerings to those of us who would believe.

I recently took the opportunity to contact Linda to offer my feeling of loss for her wonderful husband and wishing her the best going forward and received a very gracious thank you. We have lost a very good and knowledgeable man who I was able to share much with, and he taught me plenty to fill in the hollows in by understanding. Jim will live in my heart and soul forever, he solidified my beliefs, he was one of the few who truly understand the church of our Lord.

Wed, Jun 10, 2020 - 6:08pm sierra skier

thanks for contacting Mrs NWView

Jim is sorely missed. I hope she's doing as well as possible.

Sat, Jun 13, 2020 - 12:47pm
sierra skier
-
ID

James Wesley Rawles June 13, 2020

“I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.

And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, he is a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and is as death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations, and heapeth unto him all people:

Shall not all these take up a parable against him, and a taunting proverb against him, and say, Woe to him that increaseth that which is not his! how long? and to him that ladeth himself with thick clay!

Shall they not rise up suddenly that shall bite thee, and awake that shall vex thee, and thou shalt be for booties unto them?

Because thou hast spoiled many nations, all the remnant of the people shall spoil thee; because of men’s blood, and for the violence of the land, of the city, and of all that dwell therein.

Woe to him that coveteth an evil covetousness to his house, that he may set his nest on high, that he may be delivered from the power of evil!

Thou hast consulted shame to thy house by cutting off many people, and hast sinned against thy soul.

For the stone shall cry out of the wall, and the beam out of the timber shall answer it.

Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and stablisheth a city by iniquity!” – Habukkuk 2:1-12 (KJV)

Sat, Jun 13, 2020 - 3:50pm
sierra skier
-
ID

This Comment Followed the Above Scripture

1 I will stand at my watch post and station myself on the city wall. I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer he will give to my complaint.[a]

2 Then the Lord answered me. He said:

Record the vision and write it plainly on tablets so that a herald may run with it.

3 Indeed, the vision is waiting for the appointed time. It longs for fulfillment and will not prove false. If it seems slow in coming, wait for it, because it will certainly come and will not be delayed.

4 Look, his soul is puffed up and is not righteous within him[b]—but the righteous one will live by his faith.[c] 5 Indeed, wine[d] betrays that arrogant and restless one, because he is as greedy as the grave, and like death he is never satisfied. He gathers all the nations and collects all the peoples to himself.

6 All these people will make up proverbs and mocking poems against him, won’t they? They will say, “Woe to the one who accumulates what is not his. (How long will this last?) Woe to the one who makes himself rich by foreclosing on collateral.” 7 Won’t your creditors rise up suddenly? Won’t those who cause you to tremble wake up? You will become plunder for them. 8 Because you robbed many countries, all those who are left among the nations will rob you. You have shed human blood and committed violence against the land, the cities, and all the people who live in them.

9 Woe to the person who piles up dishonest income for his household, in order to raise his nest up high, to deliver himself from disaster. 10 By wiping out many nations, you have planned shame for your own house. You have sinned against your own life. 11 So the stones in the walls will cry out, and the wooden rafters will answer, 12 “Woe to the one who builds a town with bloodshed and establishes a town with injustice.” – Habakkuk 2:1-12 (EHV)

Footnotes
[a] Habakkuk 2:1 The translation follows the alternate Hebrew reading known as a correction of the scribes. The standard Hebrew text reads what answer to give when I am rebuked, likely because scribes considered Habakkuk to be impudent by demanding an answer from the Lord. The alternate reading is also supported by the Syriac and the parallelism with the preceding line.
[b] Habakkuk 2:4 The antecedent of his and him is uncertain, and there are other difficulties with the Hebrew. The phrase must refer to an ungodly man—in the immediate context, to the Babylonians.
[c] Habakkuk 2:4 The word can also mean faithfulness, but in Romans 1:17 Paul uses the phrase in reference to faith.
[d] Habakkuk 2:5 Hebrew variant wealth

Sun, Jun 14, 2020 - 8:50am
sierra skier
-
ID

“And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities.

Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,

And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?

Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:

The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind?

But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings’ houses.

But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.

For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come

He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.” – Matt. 11: 1-15(KJV)

James Wesley Rawles June 14, 2020

Sun, Jun 21, 2020 - 8:36am
sierra skier
-
ID

From JWRs blog

“And he arose from thence, and cometh into the coasts of Judaea by the farther side of Jordan: and the people resort unto him again; and, as he was wont, he taught them again.

And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him.

And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you?

And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.

And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.

But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter.

And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.

And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.

But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.” – Mark 10: 1-16 (KJV)

James Wesley Rawles June 21, 2020

Sun, Jun 28, 2020 - 9:17am
sierra skier
-
ID

This one is for Jim.

“Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

And he spake this parable unto them, saying,

What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?

And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.

Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.” – Luke 15 1-10 (KJV)

James Wesley Rawles June 28, 2020