THREAD OF FAITH -

2533 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sun, Oct 20, 2019 - 7:52am
NW VIEW

Most systems have no fear of "open communion":

1 Corinthians 11:20-33 King James Version (KJV)

20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Sun, Oct 20, 2019 - 11:30am
sierra skier
-
ID

The Editors’ Quote of the Day:

Another from JWR

James Wesley Rawles October 20, 2019

“Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself:

I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews:

Especially because I know thee to be expert in all customs and questions which are among the Jews: wherefore I beseech thee to hear me patiently.

My manner of life from my youth, which was at the first among mine own nation at Jerusalem, know all the Jews;

Which knew me from the beginning, if they would testify, that after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee.

And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God, unto our fathers:

Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope’s sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.

And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,

At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.

And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:

But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me.

Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles. – Acts 26: 1:23 (KJV)

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 - 5:52pm
NW VIEW

What will it take?

A review of the last 70 years:

In the beginning, I attended the blinded s.h., with my dad and sister and sometimes with my Polish grandma and uncle. The system did have a man made method of how to deal with sin and I had the usual amount, not being born anew. After a weekly confession, I still knew I was a full time sinner and I hoped to get back to the confessional the next Sunday, with a new batch. I also did not want to die during the week, knowing that I probably would commit a "mortal" sin, land directly in hell and no way out. Those man made thoughts will keep you in fears, day and night, and cemented into the false system. Not one person, in the system, had an Answer.

Twenty years later, after hearing my first real message, at a dinner meeting, my life was changed forever. Jesus came inside and the Holy Spirit began to teach and I even obtained a bible. I did not know a scripture, flopped it open and it fell on Romans 14. (long story)

We began to seek fellowship, in different steeple houses. Oh, the people were wonderful, loving and accepting. I thought how blessed they were to have avoided the blinded systems, knowing the Truth and following Jesus. I soon learned that they read their bibles but do not follow it. Sin seemed to be the culture of the fellowships and the pastors did not want to lose members or tithers, keeping the sinners happy.

Traveling the world, teaching/preaching, doing men's camps and conventions, along with revival tent meeting, nothing had changed. Many of us left the denominational systems, began meeting in homes, about 30+ years ago. I have stated before, now and in the past, to s.h. believers: "What sin will need to manifest, in your s.h. assembly, that will cause you to confront it and deal with it "according to the Word?" They never have an answer. Being barred from the Kingdom of God is a frightful event, as it is written:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If you do a study on "seditions", it may open some eyes. What good is it to sit on a hard pew if you miss the Kingdom? Jim

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 - 8:49pm
Trail Trekker

If it weren't for....

If it weren't for a divine meeting, as I would truly call it, of someone last year I would still be sitting in a steeple house every Sunday morning listening and getting fed by words that were to inspire moral living. I would have continued to keep my Bible closed but on occasion do a Bible study using a book as the main study and the Word as the back up in hopes of understanding the meaning of it all. I would still be blinded thinking that I had true knowledge and understanding of it all after 45 years of being a Christian. Boy, was I wrong! I just want to say it again Boy, was I wrong indeed! My eyes are so open it's as if I drank 1,000 cups of coffee! I am so inspired by those on this website that truly know what seeking God's Kingdom is all about! Please keep writing because your efforts are sinking in and taking hold and do not go unnoticed or by the wayside as far as I am concerned.

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 - 12:12am Trail Trekker
NW VIEW

Great deliverance T. Trekker!

Your witness reminds me of:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2 Timothy 3 King James Version (KJV)

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

V. 7, says much for today and what you have discovered:

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

What is the Truth that they have never discovered? That Jesus did not come to establish a new religion. Did not come to build bible schools nor buildings. Did not come to open up bible book stores to sell anything popular. Did not come to establish a clergy class. Did not come to herd the people into buildings, keeping them there for their entire lives, without ever going into the "field that is white unto harvest". Did not come to gather the fiat funds to build s.h.'s and temples to the glory of men. Did not come to have His Children "join" and be baptized into a divided system of detoured men. (could write much more).

He did come to set the captives free and that you have found T. Trekker. He came to tabernacle in His people, to live within them, to be their God and to send the Holy Spirit within. He gave gifts and callings to men and they have allowed Satan to rob them of these gifts, while they sit and listen to prosperity messages, week after week, while the unsaved die, never having a believer with any witness to them. (Oh well, it is late and you know the rest). Jim

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 - 8:21am
sierra skier
-
ID

Welcome aboard TT.

Finding the true house of the lord offers peace with in oneself. It is so sad to see the commercialization of the church having taken over the mass of the people and misled them away from the lord. Forsake the engraven images and idols of sh worship and receive the lord within.

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 - 8:53am
NW VIEW

This is the witness we must face:

John 5:31-40 King James Version (KJV)

31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.

36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Yes, the scriptures are easy to read and understand. Millions of believers have these scriptures, read them often, and do not follow them:

38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

The "word" does not abide in them, whom He hath sent, and they do not believe Him within. The believer is confronted, by the Lord Himself, saying: "search the scriptures, for in them YOU THINK ye have eternal life, and they are they which testify of Me!" This will be part of the reason that the Kingdom of God will be closed off from billions, in that coming day. jmo Jim

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 - 1:06pm
NW VIEW

A Brilliant Divine Plan!

The Living Word, the Divine One, came to earth in the form of a man, paid the full price for our redemption, died and rose from the dead, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He made a pathway, a roadway to His Kingdom for His Children, choosing to live within those who would receive Him, they becoming the House of God on earth. He gave gifts and calling to His Children, sending them out into the world as His Witnesses. He gave His apostles their instructions for the Church on earth, as sojourners, being outcasts from the systems of men and demons, living by Faith and not by sight, and will receive them into His Kingdom. He asked: "Why do you call me Lord Lord and do not do what I say"?

This is still the question of today. jmo Jim

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 - 7:04pm sierra skier
Trail Trekker

@Sierra Skier

Inner peace is definitely something I have acquired in the past year. It's so easy to have Jesus within that you don't even have to think about it. It's so simple I am still astonished I didn't figure this out sooner. I could shout it from the mountain tops but it would fall on deaf ears. I went to breakfast with my mom and sister last Saturday with mom's steeple house attenders and sitting there looking around at the sadness and distress on their faces made me sad. Trying to recruit for a new Bible study class I wanted to scream PUT DOWN THE BOOKS AND CRACK OPEN THE WORD you'd be surprised at how much you can learn without false teachers telling you what they think of how you should live and learn about Jesus. Sheesh it wears me out just thinking about what goes on in their challenged and unhappy minds.

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 - 7:07pm NW VIEW
Trail Trekker

@NW View

I read John 5 this morning and you hit the nail on the head!
Tue, Oct 22, 2019 - 7:41pm Trail Trekker
NW VIEW

T.Trekker, John 5

There is so much within that chapter that we could discuss. I noted again:

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Jesus says that the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice and come forth. >>> I notice all of the death notices and they say "Mr. Jones is now in heaven with Jesus". V, 29 says the ones that have done good, unto a resurrection of Life; and they that have done evil, unto a resurrection of damnation.

So, that time will come, as it is written, that all will have a resurrection. The ones who are Christ's, at that resurrection, have had "Resurrection Life within", before they died and have slept. The others do not have Christ, nor resurrection life but resurrection death, sleeping until damnation.

When Jesus rose from the grave, the graves of the saints were opened and the people in Jerusalem saw them coming forth, as it is written, leading a host out of their abode.

Happy is he who can shut his eyes at bedtime, knowing that the Living Christ has entered into His Temple, which is our body, and whatever happens during the night or day, Christ is present within. Jim

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 - 9:04am
Trail Trekker

No Rapture rub in...

Continuing in John chapter 6 with verses 39 40 44 and 54. Jesus certainly rubs in the fact for me that there is no rapture and that believers will be raised up from the dead AT THE LAST DAY! I know Jesus could say it is zillion times and people still won’t understand it but heck it just jumps out of the pages for me.

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 - 9:52am
NW VIEW

Yes T. Trekker, the people have been taught false doctrine!

I also like John 6

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

We are told that "we" who partake of His flesh and blood, "DWELLETH IN HIM". THIS IS A TRUE COMING TOGETHER OF THE DIVINE AND WE WHO ARE SAVED, SET APART, DESTINED FOR THE KINGDOM. Let us not take of that communion in an unworthy manner, as it is written or we may not like that "raised up on the last day". Jim

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 - 10:24am
NW VIEW

Discernment and Revelation!

Many times, over the years, s.h. believers have said: "There is just something wrong at our church, but I cannot figure out what it actually is"! When a believer finally receives some basic revelations and a bit of discernment, finally knowing what Jesus has done for the Church, their lives will never be the same, forever. When the Holy Spirit within, is finally taken as the Teacher, instead of blinded priestcraft, our place in the Body of Christ has finally became our Life. The scriptures finally make some since, the Teacher within opening our inner eyes to the Truth, and we become outcasts from the systems of men and demons. Yes the Teacher was sent to the Church on Pentecost and will be within the Church, the people who have Him within, and He will raise them up on the last day. Jim
Wed, Oct 23, 2019 - 11:30am
NW VIEW

T. Trekker, ponder this great Truth!

1 John 2:27 King James Version (KJV)

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 - 6:44pm
NW VIEW

Early Church labels!

In the beginning, Jesus stated that He was the Way, the Truth,and the Life. John 14:6. The early Church, the people, were followers of the "Way", for they understood that Jesus was not saying that He knew the Way but He Himself, is the Way. If you have Christ within, what more is needed? You have taken hold of the Eternal Way of Truth and Life, and everywhere you go, the Way is within.

The blinded Jewish believers wanted to destroy anyone following the Way. They called them sects and cults. Later, they gave these followers of the Way, a new name, being Christians:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

25 Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:

26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Acts 11 kjv

We see that they understood that the saved ones were the "Church", and not a building on the corner. Jesus never said that He came to make mankind into something called "Christians". Jesus did say that He would make us "fishers of men"!

Even today, when talking to others, some will ask if I am a Christian. If I say no, they think I am lost. If I say yes, they want to know what s.h. system has trapped me and if it is the one they have joined. If I tell them the real truth and say that I am a follower of the "Way", they think I am in a cult, just like the Jews of old said of the true followers of Christ.

Jesus came to present Himself as the Eternal Answer, for a world lost in sin. He paid the full price, all of it, and He stated, over and over, Who He Is. He said He is the Door, and that Door is the only One into the Kingdom. Jim

Thu, Oct 24, 2019 - 4:21pm NW VIEW
Trail Trekker

1 John 2:27 King James Version (KJV)

Ye need not that any man teach you! AMEN to that!

Thu, Oct 24, 2019 - 4:34pm Trail Trekker
NW VIEW

There is a "Teacher" within,

for those who have received Him within:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

John 6:45

“It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.”

Fri, Oct 25, 2019 - 10:58pm
NW VIEW

Miller's Church History, reminding us !

THE PERSECUTION OF THE CHRISTIANS: It was not until the year 1542 that the court of Rome became seriously alarmed at the progress of the Reformed doctrines. By this time they were widely spread in nearly every province of Italy. Some of the most attractive and brilliant preachers: in that country had embraced the simple gospel and were preaching to large audiences a free salvation through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Among these, Bernardino Ochino, a Capuchin, Peter Martyr, a canon-regular of the order of St. Augustine, and the interesting Aonio Paleatto, a pious and learned professor. Spies were set to watch their movements, listen to their sermons, and even then provoke conversation, with the view of procuring evidence against them. Ochino and Martyr saw their safety in flight, crossed the Alps, found an asylum in Switzerland, and ultimately in England; but the career of Paleario was crowned with martyrdom in his own country. When asked by his accusers, ‘What is the first means of salvation given by God to man?’ he answered, ‘Christ.’ ‘What is the second?’ he replied, ‘Christ.’ ‘And what is the third?’ he again answered, ‘Christ.’ From that moment, having rejected good works as the second means, and the church as the third, he was a doomed man. But that which gave the greatest offense was a most influential treatise which he wrote on the Benefit of the Death of Christ. When the Inquisitor at length arose to crush the Lutherans and collect their heretical books, as many as forty thousand copies of this book fell into his hands. Paleario was at last condemned on four charges: 1, For denying purgatory; 2, For disapproving of the dead being buried in churches; 3, For ridiculing the monastic life; 4, For ascribing justification solely to confidence in the mercy of God forgiving our sins through Jesus Christ. After an imprisonment of three years in the dungeons of the Inquisition, his body was given to the flames in the year 1570, and in the seventieth year of his age. Pages 990-991

Sat, Oct 26, 2019 - 12:58am NW VIEW
Trail Trekker

Ochino and Martyr

Sounds like they were afraid to stand for their faith and belief in Christ.