THREAD OF FAITH -

2596 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fri, Oct 4, 2019 - 7:24pm sierra skier
NW VIEW

Yes Sierra Skier!

If you think about it, when we meet another believer, should it not create UNITY? Just the opposite happens, for they have departed from the Word of God, and have became a sect, a division, an altered view of the Message of the Lord. One must ask as some point in time: "What is a Christian"? Did Jesus call His followers Christians? Did Jesus instruct His followers to build buildings, make a clergy class, and go sit on a hard pew on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings? Did He instruct His followers to tithe 10% and buy new cars for pastors, build stained glass steeple houses, and make the t.v. preachers rich? None of this is part of the message of Jesus and the Kingdom of God, which the blinded believers have little revelation. Jim

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Sat, Oct 5, 2019 - 1:04pm
Trail Trekker

Kingdom of God

I very much appreciate your comments regarding the Kingdom of God and the fact that you ALWAYS Back up everything with scripture NW View.

So many people think that seeking the kingdom of God will get them riches on earth and they are so far beyond the truth and their way of thinking that it is almost sad well it is sad when you think about it. The kingdom of God being that which is within you having excepted Christ.

Sat, Oct 5, 2019 - 1:28pm
Trail Trekker

Another upset Believer

I Was talking to a friend that was telling me about their Halloween party and what they were going to dress their kids up like to go trick-or-treating and I gently reminded her that believers don’t participate in Halloween that they’re actually supporting Satan and I said you should boycott that with your life. Didn’t go over so well I told her to brush up on her Bible and let it tell her what that’s all about if she didn’t believe me .

Sat, Oct 5, 2019 - 3:09pm
sierra skier
-
ID

All Hallowed Eve

TT, you are so correct about Halloween. My birthday is just a couple of days from Halloween and during my youngest years several of my parties had the a Halloween theme. Somewhere around the age of 5 or 6 I quelled that. Since then besides trick or treating as a youth I have never supported the Halloween theme at the bars or parties. We did let our son do the Halloween thing though which gives me pause.

Yes NW is spot on and with his support of opinion from scripture as well. Just think, if you were on facebook with your friend they may have unfriended you over that remark. I do my best not to affront and loose friends over religious or political beliefs. It isn't necessary to push my beliefs that hard so as to upset those who are just clueless.

Sat, Oct 5, 2019 - 6:50pm Trail Trekker
NW VIEW

The Happy Club!

We could write for hours over the Halloween issues, however, it is just an outworking of a bigger problem. It is written:

>>>>>>>>

1 Timothy 4:1 King James Version (KJV)

4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Yes this is the 'latter times' and the believers have departed from the Faith, giving heed (suiting up, carving their orange demon houses, and heading out to join with the doctrine of devils, being within their "Happy Club". )

Yep, their pastor even hands out candy that night. She, pervert Right Right Rev. Mary, even dresses up her dogs and cats for the festival. Some within the assembly know that something is wrong but they do not want their kids to be left out of the fun.

When I was in Africa, I was in places where the culture liked to make little houses for the spirits to live in, and they place them in the front yards of their homes. Did you buy an orange demon house for your front porch?

Yes Trail Trekker, the steeple house believers are angry, if you take away their happy club fun night, and their kids will miss out on the demonic. Oh how this sinful world loves to be frightened. Go to Disneyland, a land filled with the demonic. Look at the movies playing and see the witchcraft and the believers love to be frightened. Wait until the Lord allows the full force of the demonic to invade the land. These believers will be in worse shape than the five foolish virgins.

The only warning that I can give is one from myself: Come out from among them, do not enter into the evil deeds of darkness, repent of the sin, turn to Christ fully, for you have not, if you walk in the ways of the fallen world.

They really have not known Him, only known about Him, and have become enemies of the Cross of Christ, and the Kingdom will be closed off. jmo Jim

Sat, Oct 5, 2019 - 9:36pm
NW VIEW

4 Square Steeple House Halloween Party in the NW!

Where are the believers who will walk out of this anti-Christ assembly?

http://nwcfoursquare.org/harvestfest

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know of a man of the Lord, who entered this s.h. system in the NW and stood to tell them the Truth. He was arrested and thrown in jail. I had breakfast with him about 3 weeks ago.

>>>>>>

In their ad they say:

Want to be a part of our one of our biggest outreachs of the year? (I wonder if they ever considered that the preaching of the Cross of Christ and repentance, along with the gospel of the Kingdom of God might be a better way of outreach? However, they first would need to come to repentance)

(I am not picking on the 4 square, as if it was the only one, as the spirit of anti-Christ has long ago invaded the steeple houses.)

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 - 12:14am NW VIEW
Trail Trekker

Harvest Party at the s.h

There are several advertisements on Church buildings for upcoming harvest parties and even the one I used to attend to which thinking of them they still came dressed in costumes and handed out candy. If only they could teach the dangers of participating.

Sierra Skier I understand what you are saying about being careful about religious or political views. I am blessed to have friends that I can speak freely with and vise versa without losing the friendships. It allows them to step back and think about what they are involved in. If I feel strongly I feel I wouldn’t be much of a friend if I didn’t speak up.

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 - 12:32am
NW VIEW

@ Trail Trekker

Ezekiel 3:18-21 King James Version (KJV)

18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

From the beginning, even in the O.T. era, the ones who warn the assemblies of their sin, become outcasts, the prophets killed and the notable ones thrown in prison to die. "IF" we are loved today, by all of the local believers, we have stood for nothing. Jim

>>>>>

Matthew 23:34

“Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:”

King James Version (KJV)

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 - 7:57am
sierra skier
-
ID

TT you are so correct

I have those who I can speak and share with and not worry, but most I am not close enough with to become involved with serious political or religious discussions. Being new to our neighborhood and state we don't have the developed relationships with nearly as many folks as in the past.

I am not particularly big on caring what people think of me but do try not to chase people off with beliefs that they may have issues with. We are still accumulating meaningful friendships with like minded and not so like minded but compatible folks. I do not try to change people but offer people the information that offers them the opportunity to change if they desire to. Change for people must come from within and from their own desire/want to change.

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 - 8:20am
sierra skier
-
ID

From JWR

The Editors’ Quote of the Day: 0 “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.” – 1 John 2:15-29 (KJV) James Wesley Rawles October 6, 2019
Sun, Oct 6, 2019 - 10:19am
NW VIEW

Samhain in the assembly of ruin!

Why do many churches
oppose Halloween?

Churches frequently disapprove of Halloween because it is really a modern version of ancient, satanic traditions which were originated by the pagan Celtic religion, and their druid priests, long before Christianity. It is assumed that the traditions of Halloween were carried to America by the early European settlers, some who viewed the traditions as mere "folklore," and others who held these rituals as sacred to their cultic beliefs. Halloween was eventually trivialized as intriguing folklore for the amusement of children and young adults. Today, it is highly commercialized, bringing great profits from the sale of candy, pumpkins, costumes, and other "ghoulish" items.

The World Book Encyclopedia says, "Halloween is a festival that takes place on October 31st. In the United States, children wear costumes on Halloween and go trick-or-treating. Many carry jack-o-lanterns carved out of pumpkins. At Halloween parties, people enjoy such activities as fortune-telling, hearing stories about ghosts and witches, and bobbing for apples."¹

However, the Dictionary of the Occult and Paranormal,² states "Halloween was originally a pagan festival of darkness, fire, and death. All Hallows Eve was celebrated by the Celts of northern Europe... Halloween was also an important date for the witches' calendar."

According to witchcraft organizations, witches have eight major festivals throughout the year. Four are the solar festivals: one at both equinoxes, and one at both solstices. The other four occur almost midpoint between the Solar festivals; the most famous of these are Samhain (Halloween to non-witches) and Beltane (May day). Samhain, or Halloween, is the beginning of their new year, and is the time when they claim that they can most effectively communicate with the dead.

Author, Richard Cavendish, in the encyclopedia Man, Myth, and Magic,³ states "All Hallows Eve, or Halloween, was originally a festival of fire, the dead, and the powers of darkness. It's the evening of 31 October, the night before the Christian festival of All Hallows Day. All Hallows Day commemorates the saints and martyrs, and was first introduced in the seventh century. Its date was changed from 13 May to 1 November in the following century, probably to make it coincide with and Christianize a pagan festival of the dead. All Souls Day in the Roman Catholic calendar is 2 November. It is marked by prayers for the souls of the dead. It is only in recent times that Halloween was reduced to a minor jollification for the children."

Cavendish continues, "The Druids were pagan priests of an early Celtic religion. Druids are mentioned by name in thirty references in Greek and Roman writers between the second century B.C. and the fourth century A.D. They were a barbaric order, dreaded for their power and blood-thirstiness. They certainly appear as lawgivers, and as being directly concerned with animal and human sacrifices..."

"They were, of course, the sole interpreters of religion. They determined all disputes by a final and unalterable decision, and had the power of inflicting the punishment of death. And, indeed, their altars streamed with the blood of human victims. Men, women, and children were often given as human sacrifices."

Irene Park, a former witch and authority on the history of Halloween says, "The Druids in Ireland would go through the neighborhoods and countryside on the eve of October 31 to collect offerings for Satan. They would carry lanterns, bags for money, and canes with very sharp points on their ends (known as leprechaun staffs, good luck horns, or fairies' wands). At each house they would demand a specified amount. If the household would not, or could not, give the offering (Penance or treat), the Druid would use his cane to castrate the male human or one of their prize animals."³

Park says, "The guisers went from house to house, singing and dancing. Their blood-curdling masks and grotesque costumes may have been meant to keep evil at bay, or more likely, were a visible representation of the ghosts and goblins that lurked in the night. These masks have now been transferred to the children, who in the United States, visit neighbors for the food offering which once belonged to the dead - or play tricks akin to the legendary destructiveness of witches and imps abroad on the night."

Most of the original folklore of Halloween has been preserved in the modern traditions: the goblins, jack-o-lanterns, Halloween parties, begging for gifts, etc., which all had their origin in the ancient celebration of All Hallows Eve.

Most people and children who participate with modern Halloween festivities, usually do so innocently, without any intention of associating themselves with the occult or other satanic traditions. However, the great tragedy is that it domesticates the occult and the powers of darkness. It creates a "tongue-in-cheek" attitude that the forces of evil are not to be taken seriously — that devils, witches, and goblins are considered merely make-believe, plastic masks, with child-like impotence. It also tends to promote an acceptance and friendliness toward dark traditions and occult beliefs; that Satan is not really so bad, witches are really not evil, demons are not really dangerous.

Members of the occult and devotees to the true satanic traditions of Halloween are ecstatic by the widespread acceptance and participation in their sacred festival. They view society's celebration of Halloween as an enormous public relations victory, and believe it's a time when their dark powers are greatly intensified, due to the unity of the masses which magnify and exalt the forces of evil. With thousands focusing their energies upon traditions of Satan, they feel this strengthens his influence in the affairs of the world.

For these reasons, many churches oppose any participation with Halloween on the basis that its relationship to evil is contrary to our relationship with Christ. The scriptures mention nothing about Halloween, but they do warn that a believer cannot mingle a relationship with God and the Devil (1 Cor. 10:21), and that we should even "Abstain from every form [appearance] of evil" (1 Thes. 5:22).

¹ The World Book Encyclopedia
² Dictionary of the Occult and Paranormal
³ Man, Myth and Magic

This article is from the book, What People Ask About the Church, authored and copyrighted © by Dr. Dale A. Robbins, 1990-2015,

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 - 11:57am
NW VIEW

Light or darkness, your choice:

2 Corinthians 6:14-16 King James Version (KJV)

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Looking for the spirit of Belial in v. 15? Find it in Halloween, right in your s.h. in the state of ruin:

>>>>>>

https://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2009/10/31/halloween-is-a-counterfeit...

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 - 4:02pm
NW VIEW

Derek Prince

Best Teaching on Religious deception EVER! | Derek Prince
Sun, Oct 6, 2019 - 6:04pm sierra skier
Trail Trekker

Sierra Skier

It’s comforting to know we are on the same page. I like your insight!!!

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 - 6:17pm NW VIEW
Trail Trekker

I was looking

Thanks nw view for that breakdown of Halloween. I was looking in the Bible to see where there might be scripture and I couldn’t find any so I’m glad you brought that up. In all the years in my adult life where we went to costume parties I really didn’t know what I was entertaining. As my relationship with God within got stronger I realize I have probably dabbled in a few things that hindered that.

I carve my pumpkins to roast the seeds and maybe this year I’ll try my hand at making a pie. No funny faces will make it to the outer edges anymore.

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 - 6:40pm
Boggs

From my steeple house

I got up early this morning, showered and put on my shorts and shirt, and got to the steeple house 15 minutes early. And I saw and I heard that God is good and his steadfast love endures forever. No stained glasses windows, no women preachers, just peopled gathered in one place to worship the one true God.

And we worshiped Him in spirit and in truth.

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 - 6:41pm Trail Trekker
NW VIEW

Better to "carve" out a pathway to the Kingdom!

I do realize that the huge majority of people, enter into a local divided denomination, thinking that the clergy must know something about God. They think that because the pastor has been to bible college, is a good person, and has a staff that are wonderful, that they must be in the correct place to grow spiritually. The new seeker does not realize that every bible college, system of men, teaches a different view of the scriptures. He can travel from one steeple house to another street and enter a whole new view. Why, they will even teach him that if he does not give 10% of his income that he is robbing God and in big trouble. They make themselves the storehouse of the O.T. and that secures their incomes. (They will need to answer for that lie).

Since the new person is told that he is only a pew setting layman, he is not responsible for anything. (He has been robbed of Eph. 4: 11-12 and much more. )

Halloween? A duck is a duck and a harvest party is just changing the name for an assembly that has been led into error. Great will be their loss in that day. The costume we need is the robe of righteousness. Jim

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 - 7:03pm
Boggs

Further

I am not a deacon or an elder in the steeple house I attend, I’m simply a follower of Jesus. I really can’t comprehend how you can say that hearing Christ preached in my steeple house is a bad thing. There I become aware of my brothers needs and I pray for them, and they for me. There I bare their burdens and they for me. In community we love one another, always focused on Him who first loved us.

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 - 7:20pm
Boggs

Bible college

I went to four years of Bible college and reject most of the teaching I received. They taught me a Pharisee based religion...believe this...do this...act like this...trust us and all will be well. Truth is only found in Jesus. And then we argue about what that truth is. You say it is found outside the steeple house, which is fine. I personally have grown in my faith in my steeple house. But you call my steeple house a tool of satan. I’m just not willing to give my soul to the ‘church of Jim”who says that no church is a good thing.
Sun, Oct 6, 2019 - 7:39pm
Boggs

Beyond anything I’ve said

I would ask that you pray for my daughter and her husband, they are in Africa sharing the good news of the gospel and are under attack, please pray for them.

randomness