THREAD OF FAITH -

2357 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sun, Sep 8, 2019 - 1:51pm
NW VIEW

Did you ever hear Howard Pittman?

I remember Howard and he was a featured speaker in FGBMFI in the conventions and chapter meeting. Yes, he had a message. Take to time to listen to the tape and read his book "Placebo"!

<<<<<<<<<

http://www.divinerevelations.info/dreams_and_visions/placebo_howard_pitt...

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Sun, Sep 8, 2019 - 7:39pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Wow, what a read.

Wow, what a read.

Sun, Sep 8, 2019 - 9:34pm sierra skier
NW VIEW

Yes Sierra Skier, "what a read".

Long ago, Howard traveled the Christian circuit. I remember him well, right here in our local area. I often thought, then, "surly the hearers will repent of their placebo systems of men and demons and come fully to Christ." I was wrong! The assemblies have little knowledge or understanding of the demonic effects around them every day.

Howard would keep you on the edge of your seat when he spoke. It was a great honor to have him come to the meetings. Jim

Mon, Sep 9, 2019 - 11:27pm
Boggs

https://www.perimeter.org

Fri, Sep 13, 2019 - 8:29am
NW VIEW

Menno Simons Quotes:

Fri, Sep 13, 2019 - 8:55am
NW VIEW

A tribute to G.

I met G. in high school, long ago. He was an angry young man, even in those early days. His dad was a state rep. and G. had a rough beginning. I lost track of G. for about 20 years. Then I ran into him and his lifestyle. He was a consumer of drugs and booze, extremely overweight, and living with a witch doctor. (Yes, G. was demon possessed). We began to witness to G. and finally he wanted help. Two men visited him at his witch doctors home and cast the demons out of G. Over time, we grabbed G. and took him along into the missions field in the Philippines. G.'s life was so changed that he returned, on his own, to the Philippines and found a believing wife. They worked full time, adopted several children, and worked in the mission field. That is where he has been over the last 30+ years. I was informed that G. passed onward. Jim
Fri, Sep 13, 2019 - 8:08pm
NW VIEW

Mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven!

Do we actually have ears to hear and eyes to see or are we like the ones who Jesus spoke to long ago?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

17For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous menhave desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seenthem; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heardthem.

18Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

19When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandethit not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

20But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

22He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. Matthew 13

<<<<<<<<<<<<

Yes, they did hear, just like today, and most are not given to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Sat, Sep 14, 2019 - 9:47am
sierra skier
-
ID

https://survivalblog.com/

The Editors’ Quote of the Day:

“I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.” – Psalm 121:1-2 (KJV)

James Wesley Rawles September 14, 2019

Sat, Sep 14, 2019 - 12:22pm
NW VIEW

Let us not forget the early church!

We are accused also of condemning all who are not of our mind and who act not as we do. That we deny. We condemn no man, but we show to men their reprobate life and warn them of condemnation, and this we do in accordance with the Word of God that cannot lie.... No human being can condemn another. Judgment is in the hand of the Lord; but sinful, evil works are what condemn man, when he has not left them in accordance with the Word of God and brought forth honest fruits of repentance....” - Felbinger, Hutterite beheaded for his faith, July 10, 1560 in "The Anabaptists”
― William Roscoe Estep

tags: anabaptist, martyrdom

Sun, Sep 15, 2019 - 8:05am
sierra skier
-
ID

“This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.” – 2 Timothy 3:1-7 (KJV)

James Wesley Rawles September 15, 2019

Sun, Sep 15, 2019 - 12:10pm
NW VIEW

Here, oh blinded S.H. believer, is the Jewish roots you seek:

23 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.

19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?

20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.

21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.

22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. Matthew 23

Mon, Sep 16, 2019 - 7:21pm
NW VIEW

A Word!

Habakkuk 3:6-8 King James Version (KJV)

6 He stood, and measured the earth: he beheld, and drove asunder the nations; and the everlasting mountains were scattered, the perpetual hills did bow: his ways are everlasting.

7 I saw the tents of Cushan in affliction: and the curtains of the land of Midian did tremble.

8 Was the Lord displeased against the rivers? was thine anger against the rivers? was thy wrath against the sea, that thou didst ride upon thine horses and thy chariots of salvation?

Tue, Sep 17, 2019 - 7:06pm
NW VIEW

Understanding basics:

The Lord did not come to make mankind into Christians. He did not come to start thousands of divided steeple house systems of men and demons. He did not come to start a clergy class of people to overlord the flock of God. He did not come to keep man in bondage's but to see (set) them free. He did not come to keep the old Jewish temple in tact but to see it destroyed which would set the captives free from the old blood covenant. He did not come to rob the assemblies of their tithes, to make clergy wealthy and build steeple house systems to the glory of men.

He came to establish a "new covenant", in His Blood, as it is written:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jeremiah 31:31-34 King James Version (KJV)

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The people need to return to the events of His first coming, understanding the beginning of the Church age at Pentecost, the gifts given to mankind, and the wonderful event of the Holy Spirit entering the body for those who receive Him within. This is where we start and if we never get to this place, sitting on your hard pew for 100 years will only yield death. Jim

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Do we understand that the people began to call them "Christians" long after the finished Work on the Cross, after Pentecost? It is written:

>>>>>>>

Acts 11:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

<<<<<<<<

Jesus came to present the Kingdom of God, the Kingdom of Heaven and to enter into His Children, making them part of His Body, the Church, the House of God who we are "if" we have received Him within.

<<<<<<<<<<<

Consider again, Acts Chapter 2

>>>

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Tue, Sep 17, 2019 - 7:56pm
NW VIEW

The so-called modern clergy, need to hear: Matthew 20

20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedees children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him. 21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom. 22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. 23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. 24 And when the ten heard it, they were moved with indignation against the two brethren. 25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. 26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; 27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: 28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
Tue, Sep 17, 2019 - 10:26pm
Boggs

NW

You reference the new covenant, so logically there has to be a old covenant. Can you explain the two covenants?

Tue, Sep 17, 2019 - 10:39pm Boggs
NW VIEW

Boggs

The old testament is actually the "old blood covenant" and the New Testament is "the New Blood Covenant. The old covenant was not given to those outside of the house of Israel. The New Blood Covenant is in the Blood of Jesus and the old blood covenant is in the blood of sheep/goats/etc. The Passover lamb was in the old and Jesus IS THE LAMB OF GOD THAT TAKES AWAY THE SINS OF THE WORLD". THE JEWS TODAY, HAVING REJECTED CHRIST, MAKING SURE THE ROMANS KILLED HIM UPON THE CROSS, ARE STILL IN THE "OLD BLOOD COVENANT", STUCK THERE, and many Christian believers are stuck with them.

Yes I know, we could write for hours on the differences of the two covenants. For the believer, we are in the Church age, within the New Blood Covenant, not looking back past the Work of the Cross, to a covenant that the Jews could not follow, even today. The believer today, who lives in the old covenant is lost. There is not a covering for sin and enough animals have been slaughtered for all history.

If I did not explain well enough, just comment. jmo

<<<<<<<<<

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/murray_andrew/two/two09.cfm

<<<<<<<<<<<<

https://www.learnreligions.com/old-vs-new-covenant-700361

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It is more than just important to understand the new covenant. Most steeple house systems do not teach this Truth, not understanding its importance.

<<<<

It is written:

Bible Verses About The Blood Covenant

Bible verses related to The Blood Covenant from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance

- Sort By Book Order

Matthew 26:28 - For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Luke 22:20 - Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup [is] the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Leviticus 17:11 - For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it [is] the blood [that] maketh an atonement for the soul.

Hebrews 13:20 - Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Hebrews 9:22 - And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Mark 14:24 - And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

Contribute

Donate Shop

Recent Comments

by ratioarbitrage, 19 min 41 sec ago
by Blackwatersailor, 1 hour 14 min ago
by Clif, 1 hour 31 min ago
by brolgaboy, 2 hours 55 min ago
by Island Teal, 3 hours 2 min ago
by AngryCitizen, 3 hours 26 min ago

Forum Discussion

by NW VIEW, Sep 17, 2019 - 10:39pm