THREAD OF FAITH -

2300 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Aug 14, 2019 - 11:15am
NW VIEW

Daydreaming of past bible studies!

It was over 40 years ago. We were told by the older men to join a steeple house and get involved. They said that was the only way to see any change in the blinded system. So we jumped in with all feet. Oh how wonderful and loving the people were, they were refreshing. We were asked to join the adult bible study class, conducted by one of the pillars of that local system. We did not last long for the Holy Spirit quickly drew us/threw us out of the building.

The teacher said that God did not do any of the miracles today, like the ones in the scriptures. He did not answer prayers for healing or anything else, having stopped after the apostles era. I was shocked. I raised my hand and told them that God is alive and well. That I had seen many healed of many their sickness and the gifts are for the Church today.

The leader went nuts, screaming, and we walked out, headed to the head pastor's office, resigned and walked out the door. Many years later, that pastor came to me and said: "You were correct" and we were wrong.

Yesterday, I was told about a bible study that will be starting up in our area. The woman wanting to teach it while she works toward being a pastor in her blinded assembly. Oh what a mess we have in these days. Run! Jim

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Wed, Aug 14, 2019 - 8:34pm
Boggs

Proverbs

I seek wisdom in how I speak to my wife and children, I seek wisdom in how I interact with those who God brings in my life, and I seek wisdom in my small business. And He responds:

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Wed, Aug 14, 2019 - 10:49pm
Boggs

The shortest Psalm is the truth we need

117 Praise the Lord, all nations;
Laud Him, all peoples!
2 For His lovingkindness is great toward us,
And the truth of the Lord is everlasting.
Praise the Lord!

Notice it starts and ends with the same words “Praise the Lord”, that is my prayer ever day. God is good and his steadfast love endures forever.

Wed, Aug 14, 2019 - 11:19pm
Boggs

Matt 22

Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Whose Son Is the Messiah?

While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?”

“The son of David,” they replied.

He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,

“‘The Lord said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet.”’

If then David calls him ‘Lord,’ how can he be his son?” No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Let us strive to love God, and our neighbors as our self. How do we do that? How do I do that is the question I ask myself, how am I loving God and those around me?I find I fall short.

Fri, Aug 16, 2019 - 4:30pm
Boggs

He delivered His son up for us all

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

God delivered his Son to us, and Jesus was obedient unto death, even death on a cross. God has given Him a name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus ever knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Chris is Lord, to the glory of God the father.

This God is worthy of all our praise, both now and forever more.

Fri, Aug 16, 2019 - 4:46pm
Boggs

"Freely give us all things"

Surely a part of that is the ability to love my neighbors. And I include in neighbors...my wife, my children, my employees, my friends. I find it hard sometimes to love them as much as I love myself.
Fri, Aug 16, 2019 - 6:09pm
Boggs

Nw & Sierra

I went back a few pages and only saw your names, so I ask for your wisdom. I came to learn and to share. And if I over step on this forum please call me out.

Fri, Aug 16, 2019 - 6:29pm Boggs
NW VIEW

@ Boggs

There have been many upon this forum over the many years. There has not been one person who has received all of the revelations, no not one. The day will come when posting anything about Jesus will be illegal and that day is coming quickly.

There are several who read these posts and never write anything. Several in the local home Church, the Church being those with Christ within in a local area, read these posts often and they do not post at all. If you go back a few years, read the many posts, there is a lot of wisdom to discern. If you are new, you could begin a good pathway by reading some solid mater like "The King and His Kingdom by Peter Whyte", or Millers Church History, Andrew Miller, or The Pilgrim Church by Broadbent. One must study the beginning of the Church age and how Satan and blinded men have tried to destroy everything, departing from the Word.

Grab your courage Boggs, step into the Living Waters of Life, knowing that organized religion will try to suck us into their altered blindness. Jim

Fri, Aug 16, 2019 - 6:43pm
NW VIEW

Do we see that signpost toward the Kingdom?

16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

17 And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.(John 2 kjv)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

We often read the Word, missing what was actually happening. We see that the Lord has a "zeal" for His House. Did we actually think that He had a zeal for that old/cold temple in Jerusalem? Nope, He wanted out, the Godhead wanted out.

We could read v. 19 a bit differently. He said "Destroy this House" and that could have been a command. The Judaizers would not, nor the blinded Jewish believers (read Matthew 23), the Romans were used later to do the will of God, destroying a false temple, as the real 3rd. Temple was under construction. Jesus began the building of the 3rd. final temple in just 3 days, Himself being that Temple. Those who are looking for the Jews to build a 3rd. stone temple in Jerusalem are looking for the housing of the anti-Christ. Blind foolish enemies of the Cross are wanting to help rebuild an empty stone temple, to their shame.

Yes, Jesus was speaking of His Body, the Church, Living Stones, built into the final 3rd. temple forever. This is a signpost to the Kingdom. Ye are the Temple of the Holy Ghost and the Spirit of God lives in you. jmo Jim

Fri, Aug 16, 2019 - 7:07pm
Boggs

I am new to this forum.

Jesus has been my all in all for thirty years... who else can I run to? Only He has the words of eternal life.

‘The day will come when posting anything about Jesus will be illegal and that day is coming quickly.”

I agree with this statement but I pray that I will be there proclaiming His love till my final breath.

Fri, Aug 16, 2019 - 7:22pm
Boggs

But I’m not against “organized” religion

I’m pretty much against so called “religious people”. Who have the words of Jesus on their lips but know nothing what they mean. Much like me, they are hearers but not doers of the word.

However, I go to a church that challenges me to not only hear, but to do...and I will only do, when I fall in love with the one who has done it all for me.

Fri, Aug 16, 2019 - 7:46pm
Boggs

A good listen

Sat, Aug 17, 2019 - 8:30am
sierra skier
-
ID

Boggs, You are More than Welcome

Pleas do continue to join us to share and reinforce your beliefs in the Jesus Christ Lord our God. So many are lost to the worship of false profits and idols in the physical 'house of god' not understanding that the true house of ur Lord is within and unrelated to where and what most worship in the organized worship in the steeple houses of our time.

I was fortunate to learn in my teens that the physical house of worship was not the true means of receiving the Lord within but a distraction from the truth of the scriptures. It has been a long time since I realized that my participation in the church was but a distraction before I met another who shared my beliefs and expressed it so well.

Cherish the realization that you have discovered the true manner of having the Temple of God within and not needing a steeple house full of false gods and idols to receive the word of our Lord. You should stay around and share and reinforce your beliefs in Jesus Christ.

Sat, Aug 17, 2019 - 3:29pm
NW VIEW

The King and His Kingdom: Peter Whyte

THE SOUND DOCTRINE OF THE KINGDOM Until we have an adequate concept of the gospel we will only preach an inadequate message. It is hard to find any who are preaching and teaching the full gospel, the gospel of the Kingdom of God, preaching instead a partial gospel, a gospel of salvation only. Because of this, we see men teaching denominational doctrines to those who are saved so as to make disciples to their man-made kingdoms, and not making disciples of Jesus as He commanded. Divisions are constantly created by the teaching of these man-made doctrines according to a denominational viewpoint instead of the Kingdom of God. Despite using the same bible, truth differs from one denomination to another because the Holy Spirit is not upheld as the Teacher. After striving to get people “converted” or “saved”, all concern is to try to make these proselytes become members of man-made churches. Once a person becomes a “church member,” he is then taught all the doctrines that church believes, according to its interpretation of the bible. Every denominational church does that which is right in its own eyes. A part of this religious activity, nominally in the Name of Jesus, may be to encourage members of one sect or denomination to leave that one and join another, where the doctrinal concepts are proclaimed to be ‘right’! All the while new believers are frustrated from being led into all truth by the Holy Spirit. This is the sad reality of not understanding the gospel of the Kingdom. If Jesus is not truly King, the Kingdom of God is not seen or entered, and believers remain as babes in the divided ‘churches’ that men have built. So it is Satan overcomes the true church and makes Christianity irrelevant to the majority of the world’s population. What is portrayed as being of Christ, isn’t! Men reject the man-made Christian religion they see thinking that if this is Jesus they don’t want Him. So what is truth? The bible tells us that all scripture is God-breathed and profitable for doctrine (teaching), for reproof and for correction. The objective of teaching is to EQUIP THE CHILD OF GOD FOR EVERY GOOD WORK through walking in the commandments of Jesus by the Spirit. It is not to fill his head with bible knowledge, but to teach him the WAY OF LIFE. It is not to learn about Jesus but to know Him. An essential part of teaching is BEING TRAINED IN RIGHTEOUSNESS, as Paul says… “ All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17) The epistles to Timothy and Titus are commonly known as the ‘Pastoral Epistles’, but they are really expositions on SOUND DOCTRINE. The Kingdom of God is RIGHTEOUSNESS AND PEACE AND JOY IN THE HOLY SPIRIT… “For the Kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 14:17) In Christ we are made the righteousness of God, but not knowing we are righteous, and not knowing that have a right standing with God, peace or joy may elude us as a constant reality. The basic objective of sound doctrine according to the scriptures, is to bring every area of our lives UNDER THE REIGN OF CHRIST and to teach us who we are in Him. Paul states that he left Timothy at Ephesus in order to instruct certain men not to teach “strange doctrines” which gives rise to mere speculation… “…remain on at Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines, nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith. “BUT THE GOAL OF OUR INSTRUCTION IS LOVE from a pure heart and a good conscious and a sincere faith. For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, wanting to be teachers of the Law, (The Mosaic Law of Judaism that seeks justification by works) even though they don’t understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions. But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realising the fact that LAW IS NOT MADE FOR A RIGHTEOUS MAN, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to SOUND TEACHING, ACCORDING TO THE GLORIOUS GOSPEL.” (1 Timothy 1:3-11) When we become Kingdom-minded, having had our minds renewed, we delight in obeying the King, obeying His Spirit who is in us, and walking in His commands that He has written on our hearts. Jesus gave His church, a new commandment that we are to LOVE ONE ANOTHER IN THE SAME WAY THAT HE DEMONSTRATED HIS LOVE TO HIS DISCIPLES. This commandment seldom requires us to die physically to prove our love, but it does require us to die to our selfish attitudes. It necessitates u “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:34-35) If our lives are to be structured according to the pattern of Christ’s life upon the earth, according to His unselfish loving servant attitude, this can only be achieved if we walk by the Spirit. It cannot be copied by means of works, but only by Christ’s life being outworked through us. For this to happen we have to walk in the newness of Christ’s resurrection life, knowing that our old self was crucified on the cross with Jesus. The declaration that Paul made, we must make… “It is no longer I that lives but Christ who lives in me.” (Galatians 2:20) The whole objective of sound doctrine is to produce people who walk in LOVE. (see 1 Timothy 1:5) The main part of the first letter to Timothy, from 1 Timothy 2:1 to 1 Timothy 6:2, is an exposition of sound doctrine; teaching that is concerned with ATTITUDES, CONDUCT, AND THE WAY WE LIVE AND RELATE TO ONE ANOTHER. Paul then sums up his exhortations… “Teach and preach these principles. If anyone advocates a DIFFERENT DOCTRINE and does not agree with SOUND WORDS, THOSE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND WITH THE DOCTRINE CONFORMING TO GODLINESS, he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions, and constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth. (1 Timothy 6:2b-5) The sound doctrine of the Kingdom is teaching what Jesus taught, and making disciples after Him, disciples who are being conformed to the 32 image of Christ. So it is that every believer needs to be taught by the Holy Spirit… “As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.” (1 John 2:27) It is by the anointing within that the Holy Spirit will witness to our spirits what is truth, and what is error. As Jesus said, the Holy Spirit will lead us into ALL TRUTH. Jesus is the WORD OF GOD and every word He taught is part of the message of the gospel of the Kingdom of God. This is THE WORD OF GOD that we are to HEAR - OBEY - AND THEN TRANSMIT TO OTHERS. Jesus’ words, His teaching and His doctrine, is THE SOUND DOCTRINE OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD. It must abide in us and we must abide in it… “And one who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching (doctrine) of Christ, DOES NOT HAVE GOD; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; for the one who gives him a greeting (i.e. receives him) participates in his evil deeds.” (2 John 9-11) “Refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels. And the Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition; if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will. (2 Timothy 2:23-26) 33 The sound doctrine of the Kingdom are the words of the King which are able to conform us to the image of Christ. If we continue the dogmatic teaching of other debatable doctrines of any particular denomination or group, to the extent that we separate ourselves from those who disagree with us, we are by this LED INTO CAPTIVITY BY THE DEVIL. Without being aware of it we are imprisoned spiritually and cannot reign in life because of our manmade divisions. We are subtly deceived into rebelling against our King, when we think we are serving Him but aren’t doing! We think our interpretations of scripture, that we are convinced of, are truth, but… “No prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.” (2 Peter 1:20-21) Let us pray, therefore, asking our Father to open the eyes of our understanding that we might grow in a knowledge of God and the Lord Jesus Christ. It is time to grow spiritually and not remain as babes. “May the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, give to us a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him… that the eyes of our hearts may be enlightened, so that we will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe, in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come, putting all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as Head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.” (see Ephesians 1:17-23)

Sat, Aug 17, 2019 - 7:14pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Another from JWR

The Editors’ Quote of the Day: (KJV)

“Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.

He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the Lord: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.

In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.

Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by the strength of the ox.

A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies.

A scorner seeketh wisdom, and findeth it not: but knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth.

Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.

The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit.

Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.

The heart knoweth his own bitterness; and a stranger doth not intermeddle with his joy.

The house of the wicked shall be overthrown: but the tabernacle of the upright shall flourish.

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful; and the end of that mirth is heaviness.

The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.

The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.

He that is soon angry dealeth foolishly: and a man of wicked devices is hated.

The simple inherit folly: but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.

The evil bow before the good; and the wicked at the gates of the righteous.

The poor is hated even of his own neighbour: but the rich hath many friends.

He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.

Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good.

In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury.

The crown of the wise is their riches: but the foolishness of fools is folly.

A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies.

In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.

In the multitude of people is the king’s honour: but in the want of people is the destruction of the prince.

He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly.

A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.

He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor.

The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.

Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that which is in the midst of fools is made known.

Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

The king’s favour is toward a wise servant: but his wrath is against him that causeth shame.” – Proverbs 14 (KJV)

James Wesley Rawles August 17, 2019

Sun, Aug 18, 2019 - 1:17pm
NW VIEW

These events are coming:

25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Luke 21

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jeremiah 31:35 King James Version (KJV)

35 Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name:

Sun, Aug 18, 2019 - 4:18pm
NW VIEW

Run away quickly!

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2019/08/pope-francis-appoints-promoter-of-isl...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

What the detoured system really needs is to find someone, who will awaken them, to what Christianity actually is, what Jesus and His apostles actually taught, the warnings of departing from His Word, dividing into sects, establishing man made laws of men and demons, and never ever coming to the knowledge of the Truth. Jim

Tue, Aug 20, 2019 - 10:13am
NW VIEW

Yes, Yes Randy!

A DAY OF BLESSING AND CURSE
Tue, Aug 20, 2019 - 11:37am
NW VIEW

Amos 3

Amos 3:6-8 King James Version (KJV)

6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?

7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

8 The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord God hath spoken, who can but prophesy?