26868 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 2:53am
atarangi
Offline
-
christchurch
New Zealand
Joined: Sep 3, 2011
4228
22894

Ruff

Yank's (Americans) are perceived here as keen to interact and they fit in well with the Kiwi lifestyle.

Pom's on the other hand are valued for their sophisticated cultural heritage, but are known for their pissing and moaning when they come over here.

Mostly though we have a healthy multi - cultural thing going.

In high tide fish eat the ants, in low tide ants eat the fish. - Thai proverb
Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 3:38am
atarangi
Offline
-
christchurch
New Zealand
Joined: Sep 3, 2011
4228
22894

the pillow biters?

real men don't do brush overs?

In high tide fish eat the ants, in low tide ants eat the fish. - Thai proverb
Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 3:53am
atarangi
Offline
-
christchurch
New Zealand
Joined: Sep 3, 2011
4228
22894

one too many?

In high tide fish eat the ants, in low tide ants eat the fish. - Thai proverb
Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 4:09am
atarangi
Offline
-
christchurch
New Zealand
Joined: Sep 3, 2011
4228
22894

the holiday in Australia

In high tide fish eat the ants, in low tide ants eat the fish. - Thai proverb
Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 4:52am
atarangi
Offline
-
christchurch
New Zealand
Joined: Sep 3, 2011
4228
22894

Chart of the day

In high tide fish eat the ants, in low tide ants eat the fish. - Thai proverb
Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 5:21am
atarangi
Offline
-
christchurch
New Zealand
Joined: Sep 3, 2011
4228
22894

the little old lady

A little old lady was walking down the street dragging two large plastic rubbish bags behind her. One of the bags was ripped and every once in a while a $20 fell out onto the sidewalk.

Noticing this, a policeman stopped her, and said, "Ma'am, there are $20 bills falling out of that bag."

"Oh really? Darn it!" said the little old lady. "I'd better go back and see if I can find them. Thanks for telling me officer."

Well, now, not so fast,"said the cop. Where did you get all that money? You didn't steal it, did you?"

"Oh, no, no", said the old lady. "You see, my back yard is right next to the football stadium parking lot. On game days, a lot of fans come and take a leak through a hole in the fence, right into my flower garden. Kills the flowers, you know. Then I thought, 'why not make the best of it? So, now, on game days, I stand behind the fence by the hole, real quiet, with my hedge clippers.

Every time some dude puts his thing through my fence, I grab hold of it and say, 'O.K., buddy! Give me $20, or off it comes.'

"Well, that seems only fair," said the cop, laughing. "OK. Good luck! Oh, by the way, what's in the other bag?"

"Well, you know", said the little old lady, "not everybody pays."

In high tide fish eat the ants, in low tide ants eat the fish. - Thai proverb
Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 7:34am
Green Lantern
Offline
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8347
48381

Release the Memo

What if the entire memo is just hypnosis? Or Exaggeration of content?

Scott Adams wrote a secret intel memo but he won’t tell you what it says

IF he is right, and it sounds pretty good to me, than the people on the right pushing the release of the memo are either

1. Hip to the hypnosis

2. Or deluded....

Which brings us to Q-Anon who is again asserting that the memo brings down Obama and Clinton because he is inside and he knows.

So that means one of two things. Q-Anon is hip to the hypnosis, or he himself is deluded.

We are watching a simulation. Somebody hijacked the Star Trek holodeck and is using it on the public.

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 7:42am
Green Lantern
Offline
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8347
48381

Did anybody notice that the

Did anybody notice that the alt-right who are experts in market dynamics and were pushing Bitcoin the hardest, suddenly went silent?

Some said if you don't get it, you're not ready to get it. (Makes you feel you're not part of the "in" crowd.

Then....

Silence

and

Deleted posts

AKA

How To Reframe Your Track Record.

They never met Leonardi Fibbonacci.

Say Hello.

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 7:49am
Offline
-
Dublin
Ireland
Joined: Jan 20, 2013
3703
24621

Deleted posts ... I have

Deleted posts ... I have thoughts but.... can you elaborate?

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 8:24am
Offline
-
Dublin
Ireland
Joined: Jan 20, 2013
3703
24621

Green Lantern wrote:Armstrong

Green Lantern wrote:
Armstrong denies using astrology. He says he never read any WD Gann's work. He only looks at planetary cycles. I guess that's not astrology. OK

Carolan calls astrology voodoo, yet his entire system is aligned with the lunar cycles....the 19 year metonic cycle, Stonehenge, the Great Pyramid and ancient calendars. ... Not .. Gann ...

So I need to revisit my language? My understanding of what astrology means? I always thought that looking at the planetary positions is astrology, at least in part. .... Or maybe, the word astrology has such a bad connotation in our society that you risk losing all your subscribers, sales on books if you have any association with it as a science.

Ruffian wrote:
He's smart cuz frauds have ruined it's credibility.

Here is a question: Why might the word astrology have such a bad connotation in our society that you risk losing all your subscribers, sales on books if you have any association with it as a science? Can the introduction of that concept be traced back to it's multiple origins? What and who were the origins of the idea? I have pointed out that time is rotational solar system astronomy/astrology measurement. And I have named various parties who saw fit to alter the time units used, and the measurement of time down the ages. That is a connection that could be worth following up. But I know all I need to know already. I assume most DOTS... readers so too.

I tend to be a little wordy in some posts. there are a few reasons for that, good reasons. Firstly there are www scraping algos, second there are informed people "following" or "surveilling" depending on perspective, and there are copy thieves who repeat but don't ascribe source. There are others who are legit and honest too naturally. So I can easily frustrate some of these to a degree by certain writing styles. But that has limits. The fastest I've seen my stuff elsewhere with source as myself "laundered out" is 35 minutes. And therefore there are some things not to be said in print or electronic form. And the private videos go further but also must have a sensible limit.

And you commented that Armstrong does not post method.

So I have been honest and upfront with what I've said here. Gradually I have made some things self evident without saying what they actually are, by saying "look at this now" or" look at that another time". Anybody paying attention has seen incontrovertible cases accumulate for some concepts. For concepts they would not have believed, if I had simply came out and said them directly, are believed by direct observation over time.

As for Gann. What he wrote is convoluted because he constructed simple mechanical rules to replicate (in a limited fashion) what he did, without showing why he did it. He converted into timecycles. Most of the stuff written interpreting Gann is costly and yet worthless. I include material discussed on dedicated Gann sites by well known Gann people in that category. But I made TFMR posts some sources of his materials which I found to be written by people who had figured out some or much of what Gann did. BC, OM, VL, MWW, PM, PW, CC, BG come to mind. And my own materials too. When I say cycles, it's not what most people assume I am saying, (and "cycles" is not = to astro either!). Rhythms come in many different forms and from many origins.

Have you read Prof Weston's book yet? He was the "PW" above. He wrote a little book ninety seven years ago, in 1921, that Gann (20-30 odd years later) found interesting enough to justify storing his copy of the book inside his office safe.

If anybody finds it difficult to locate a copy - drop me an email. It's written in an old fashion, but readable, and goes to one of the foci of Gann.

Edit: correctinggg uasual typos....

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 8:44am
Green Lantern
Offline
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8347
48381

I'm having issues with Chris

I'm reposting. You deleted another post. Not the post I was replying to. I'm not drinking this morning;)

argentus maximus wrote:

Here is a question: Why might the word astrology have such a bad connotation in our society that you risk loosing all your subscribers, sales on books if you have any association with it as a science? Can the introduction of that concept be traced back to it's multiple origins? What and who were the origins of the idea?

The idea of astrology and evil? Well, I assume I know the answer-modern day religious institution but never looked it up. I'll check my assumption.

argentus maximus wrote:

I tend to be a little wordy in some posts. there are a few reasons for that, good reasons. Firstly there are www scraping algos, second there are informed people "following" or "surveilling" depending on perspective, and there are copy thieves who repeat but don't ascribe source. There are others who are legit and honest too naturally. So I can easily frustrate some of these to a degree by certain writing styles. But that has limits. The fastest I've seen my stuff elsewhere with source as myself "laundered out" is 35 minutes. And therefore there are some things not to be said in print or electronic form. And the private videos go further but also must have a sensible limit.

You're very nice considering the intellectual infringement. I've noted that a good part % of the guilty party survives on other people's stuff. It's not all bad, but I only read it if other people post it. And they do.

argentus maximus wrote:

And you commented that Armstrong does not post method.

You're implying because other people will steal it and he doesn't post any methodology? Not clear why this statement gets it's own paragraph.

I obviously follow Armstrong and I post his observations when I think they are good. Or I post the things I don't like or question it that which doesn't resonate. So I am fair with him. However, you give sources of information for learning...Tony Plummer, WD Gann, Carolan. etc, etc...So for those that are interested in what you do, we have an idea of how your work evolved. A path for growth and understanding of markets.

Armstrong more or less tells. OM video's sort of does both. Show her conclusion and refer to methodology. Useful. So I could go back and look at her analog of the plague with the recent transits and then check her work against mine. I believe, she missed somethings and made a poor analogue and I concluded that wasn't happening this transit. However, the exercise was useful. Her information wasn't wrong, just don't think it was complete. I walk away informed and with some tools that I can use myself. Instead of giving somebody full sovereignty over the information I take in. Which is basically, what many of the "gold" experts want you to do when they predict something and never tell you what they are doing.

I don't want people to give away their work. But if you're only telling me that this will happen because I say so, that gives me nothing! You can give reasons without giving the work. Other than I have to watch your track record. And I watch for revision. So far Armstrong has been really good with the market, but now I'm very cautious because the up was easy compared to calling the change in direction.

argentus maximus wrote:

As for Gann. What he wrote is convoluted because he constructed simple mechanical rules to replicate (in a limited fashion) what he did, without showing why he did it. He converted into timecycles. Most of the stuff written interpreting Gann is costly and yet worthless. I include material discussed on dedicated Gann sites by well known Gann people in that category. But I made TFMR posts some sources of his materials which I found to be written by people who had figured out some or much of what Gann did. BC, OM, VL, MWW, PM, PW, CC, BG come to mind. And my own materials too. When I say cycles, it's not what most people thing I am saying, (and "cycles" is not = to astro either!). Rhythms come in many different forms and from many origins.

I don't know all those initials off the top my head but worth knowing.

I understand that alot of your work is a synthesis of many things. And I get that a 20 year cycle can just be a 20 year time cycle that might appear throughout nature. That's not astrology until you read that Gann got it from how long it took Jupiter and Saturn to appear at the same place in the sky. So it's origins is Astrology. So why the hell would you eliminate that and call it voodoo when your work is based upon cycles that appear in the sky? It's not honest.

argentus maximus wrote:

Have you read Prof Weston's book yet? He was the "PW" above. He wrote a little book ninety seven years ago, in 1921, that Gann (20-30 odd years later) found interesting enough to justify storing his copy of the book inside his office safe.

If anybody finds it difficult to locate a copy - drop me an email. It's written in an old fashion, but readable, and goes to one of the foci of Gann.

No, but I'll look for it.

I enjoyed the spiral calendar and see how important it can be. But Chris Carolan latests posts calling astrology voo doo I find sort of puzzling for such a smart guy that talks about Giza, Stonehenge, ancient calendars and cycles.

Than he says that Gann died broke. So that sent me on a journey. I ran into a group of people that hate Gann and than when you read carefully, you find out they hate what they don't understand. So I really don't know what happened.

Then there was talk about family disputes, royalties and all that jazz. Second hand reports from Gann's son that he couldn't make a living. You don't know what's true and the motivation behind people's comments.

I really don't care if he died broke if his work is good. Van Gogh died penniless. Oscar Wilde, William Blake etc, etc, etc, So now a smart guy is making an argument that because he died broke, his information is worthless? Did he make all those trades or not? Did he write all that stuff that can be replicated or not? Do your market inflection points have anything to do with Gann? Can Armstrong or you calculate inflection points if Gann never existed?

I noticed Carolan doesn't seem to calculate inflection points from what I read from him, but he got a very informative piece of the puzzle.

So my mind is finding it hard to find a category for him. REally bright with blind spots? Unwillingness to acknowledge a reality because it will harm his career?

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 8:44am (Reply to #19131)
Green Lantern
Offline
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8347
48381

delte

because I can

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 8:54am
Green Lantern
Offline
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8347
48381

Maybe I'll summarize.  I

Maybe I'll summarize.

I found Chris Carolan's comments disturbing.

I find Martin Armstrongs either omissions or purpose distancing himself from the source of some of these cycles bothersome.

I find that after your posts in the Set-up the discussion of these realities is non-existent uninteresting. To go from your posts that include so many things, not all obvious, to a chart unappealing to me as conversations. I'd rather just share my astrological rantings here because there is an unsaid rule that we are not going to be contained by glass ceilings.

I'm being brutally honest and maybe I shouldn't be.

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 9:39am
Offline
-
Dublin
Ireland
Joined: Jan 20, 2013
3703
24621

Green Lantern wrote: Maybe

Green Lantern wrote:
Maybe I'll summarize. I found Chris Carolan's comments disturbing.

He brought a lot of fresh information to the table. He related Fib to Luna and proved his case in my opinion. A lot can be done with that as a foundation.

Green Lantern wrote:
I find Martin Armstrongs either omissions or purpose distancing himself from the source of some of these cycles bothersome.

I don't go to his site except maybe once a couple of months, usually to read more of some post that somebody quoted a portion of. So for his blog I am not comprehensively up to date. I have everything he wrote during his time at Foundation For Study of Cycles and the career down time he had following that. I am very familiar with all of that material because I was working my expertise up at the same time as he was and we used many of the same sources. He is a good marketing person and I suppose would not press any buttons that reduce his subscriber base. His earlier material is more transparent if that's helpful. but of course it does not talk about AI.

Green Lantern wrote:
I find that after your posts in the Set-up the discussion of these realities is non-existent uninteresting.
I'm not sure what you mean there by the part I italicized.
Green Lantern wrote:
To go from your posts that include so many things, not all obvious, to a chart unappealing to me as conversations.
If I cut from a discussion to a chart, the point of the discussion could be visible in that chart. It would depend on context, time available, mood of the day, but I tend to say so if it is. I gave a huge one away the other day and only one person got part of it. I think I even mentioned it to you about that being ok.
Green Lantern wrote:
I'd rather just share my astrological rantings here because there is an unsaid rule that we are not going to be contained by glass ceilings.
Well this is a significant thing that makes DOTS unusual and worthwhile.
Green Lantern wrote:
I'm being brutally honest and maybe I shouldn't be.
They say honesty is the best policy. I try to do that. If I go quiet it may be because I disagree but want to see what another might bring forward to change my views. it could be because I feel I overstayed my time allotted recently. Or i am a stranger to the subject currently in hand. So in DOTS I come and go, but you are far more a life and soul of this forum. Let me not cramp your style, though I doubt I could. Your recent posts I read carefully, will read again, and had nothing to say, just to read and hat tip.
argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 10:22am
Green Lantern
Offline
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8347
48381

Chris Carolan-His book is

Chris Carolan-His book is awesome. Some of his comments on charts are great. I was just surprised to read those comments. I think it could mislead or misdirect people for looking for other complimentary techniques. His regular commentary often is interesting, but not always as profound as his book. It's good to know that bitcoined tanked according to the spiral calendar, but to go on and on and on and on....I'd rather read stuff applied to markets he likes. More gold, More market.

Armstrong- He has only written a couple entries of Gann and Astrology. He clearly says that his path and evolution happened independent of these two. Thank you for sharing the essence of his early work.

The Setup- I wish when you offer puzzles, make hidden references to astrological and other esoteric realites, like you did yesterday, that those would provide fuel for further depth discussions in those area's instead of people quickly segueing to TA charts which can be useful, just not as provocative. Did anybody get it? I had a ball researching 19, 13 and other references and you just gave me more. The post are like tree's where you can keep picking the fruit and exploring. Did I know to look at DOT com market? Yeah Did i bother to look at 19 and associated moon stuff before you mentioned it? No.

It's really useful to take concepts you know and studied and apply them in real time. So it reinforces those principles. I learn ALOT of songs. Sometimes, I'll spent a month learning a hard song. If I don't continue to play it. I forget it. I have to perform it for a few months consistently before it becomes part of me and I never have to revisit it. Pretty much the same with this kind of stuff. Repetition and application.

Energy Medicine and health: I don't mind talking about it when there is an interest. But I did full immersion in this stuff. I did my 1000's of hours and more of doing it and applying it to know what works and what doesn't work. So it's kind of like eating and breathing, I just do it. When I have to introduce people to the basic concept or basics, I often don't know where to begin or sometimes the patience to explain the basics. It's like somebody asking you what is a cycle and why they are important? Maybe you enjoy that. Occaisionally, I need refreshers when something comes up that I haven't done in a long time. I just look it up. But it doesn't have the excitement for me anymore that some of this stuff does where I am still exploring and discovering. I just enjoy doing it because it feels good.

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 10:34am
soulscape
Offline
Joined: Nov 14, 2011
78
0

I looked at Donna Eden

I looked at Donna Eden website and classes. Do you recommend? What do you recommend for a person just getting started in this area?

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 10:36am
soulscape
Offline
Joined: Nov 14, 2011
78
0

Recommendations for play the

Recommendations on how to play the DOW at this juncture?

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 3:04pm (Reply to #19121)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 3:14pm
Mr. Fix
Offline
-
NY
Joined: Jun 8, 2012
10801
64418

Why some secrets are kept...

I just watched a half hour video that seriously questions the intent, and agenda of some of the world's greatest scientist,

Going all the way back to Pythagoras, includes Newton, Ben Franklin, (hey Greeny, you got to watch it), and finally, Albert Einstein.

There are countless examples where these people all belonged to secret societies, and do not reveal how they arrived at their great discoveries.

Astrology has been declared witchcraft by religion, punishable by death for many centuries. Anarchy, which simply means without rulers, is closely related now to chaos, because the powers that be employ hoodlums that they call anarchist to riot and destroy.

Some people simply don't want to be associated with how they've arrived at their answers. Others, likes to keep secrets.

Enjoy the flick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7NXfuMhIwc

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Tue, Jan 30, 2018 - 3:16pm
Green Lantern
Offline
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8347
48381

I haven't taken group classes

I haven't taken group classes in over 10 years. I see the industry has changed. Everybody and their mother has online video's showing off their wares or teaching the techniques. More opportunity to learn and watch people.

I purchased some hard to find video's off ebay and I spent hours, days, weeks practicing the techniques. I sought out other people in the area who knew how to do this stuff to make sure I was doing it right. Before I ever went to a class, I had already learned what they taught in the class. So it was sort of a waste of money. I even attend the certification training at that time it was in Chicago. With any group of people, there are some who are self motivated and adept at the work, and then people who struggle. I was paying money to watch people learn basic stuff that they were supposed to learn at home or in previous classes. Waste of time.

Certificates are good to wipe your ass. I have alot of them if anybody needs paper. Decide why you want to do it, and what you want to get out of it.

I'm not saying her classes are bad, but I had the fire in the belly and self motivation that I really didn't need to spend that money. Her five day energy medicine video probably teaches everything most people need.

And many of the basic things are taught in Touch for Health. Good text book and probably taught locally and probably alot of people trained who teach that you don't have to travel the country to go see her.

It is actually a little culty. And very ...well....mostly women. Actually not her fault, but take somebody really good in a group, and people tend to form a cult of personality. And alot of people make a living off using her name.

If it's convienent, sure take a class, but you don't have to fly around the country to one of her workshops to learn this stuff. A one day workshop or 5 days is not going to make you into an energy guru. The work in your living room taking the hours to experience how energy moves is what will help you the most and then seeking out others when you get stuck. But you should be around more experienced people when you can.

I have no recommendations on how you should trade this market or would like to name specific investments in public. There are plenty of publicly traded index funds where you can go long or short S&P, and even double or triple it's performance in either direction. I'm more in the mindset of taking profit at this point and obviously looking down the road of how to play it after a huge correction or if I have the balls to go short when it's time.