26878 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Nov 15, 2017 - 5:02pm (Reply to #17316)
Green Lantern
Offline
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8375
48487

abguy4 wrote:Now let’s git

abguy4 wrote:

Now let’s git back to ‘’what’s natural’’ in a prison planet environment. I’ve been faithfully reading youse guys (and waiting for ya’ll to git exhausted~!), and this old saying keeps echoing in my pea brain. Something like; ”It is no measure of sanity to be well adjusted to an insane world.”

I concur that it was a damn good review! Farrell has the fire in the belly and is a book nerd, and a music nerd. Man after my own heart. Some of the subjects he penetrates are dark! There is an old saying that I'm making up now, how can ya appreciate the light if you haven't seen the dark!

As for Fix's assertion that I am tiring or you are waiting for us to tire. Do you tire of investigating a subject that intrigues you? And you have a few subjects which seem close to your heart that you've been following. Maybe over a lifetime? Have you finished? Maybe one day you will. i have many subjects that are on my list and unanswered questions.

This subject falls into the category of the deep mysteries of creation. Our r'aison d'etre and quite possibly relevant to how to escape Prison Planet. We've merely scratched the surface. It's probably endless the ways you can express it, look it. The day that wonderment dies and awe at the invisible forces at work in our world, I think is the day it's probably time to go.

To be goofy and woo woo, I'd bet ya I missed a 1/2 dozen miracles that pased my consciousness today that I didn't notice and looked like just another day on Prison Planet. If I go a week and not experience something out of the ordinary, than I know I've gone back to sleep. It happens.

Wed, Nov 15, 2017 - 5:17pm
NW VIEW
Offline
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
4327
20539

ag1969, this may help with footsteps!

footsteps in a hall - sound effect
NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Wed, Nov 15, 2017 - 5:51pm
NW VIEW
Offline
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
4327
20539

Mr. Fix, you need some direction!

These very deep topics are not what is needed. We can see the education level in our schools and "if" you can fix this message , on the video, it will be worth more than all of DOTS:

If you're going 80mph how long will it take go to 80miles?
NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Wed, Nov 15, 2017 - 6:42pm
Green Lantern
Offline
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8375
48487

If you were put in a room

If you were put in a room with a world class violinist, who represents the top echelon of musicians in the world, would you know it? Would you be able to decipher the difference between some average musician and a once child prodigy.

Joshua Bell is considered one of the best. he agreed to take the test to see if anybody would notice. what do you think happened?

People spend real money to watch him perform.

Taking a look at his upcoming concerts. Hamburg Germany in USD about $150 bucks for Orchestra. Ottawa Canada, a measly 70 US bucks to see him in December. 88 Bucks if you want to catch him perform in Dublin.

But would ya give a stinking’ dollar to listen to him play for an hour if nobody charged you admission??? Would ya? A stinking buck to say, thank you? Or Wow that’s pretty neat?

So here in plain site in Metro DC subway station, which is mostly government workers, they took the test to see if a collective of human beings would even take a moment to stop to listen to an individual who is highly skilled play a musical instrument?

You should realize the chances of having the talent to become a concert violin is one in God knows how many million.

Here is the test they conducted. Feel free to speculate on what you think happened.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/pearls-before-breakfast-can-one-of-the-nations-great-musicians-cut-through-the-fog-of-a-dc-rush-hour-lets-find-out/2014/09/23/8a6d46da-4331-11e4-b47c-f5889e061e5f_story.html?utm_term=.0805db78005e

And here is the video of what happened.

Stop and Hear the Music

Now let's make an unfair comparison. U2 in the NYC subway. It's why they call it pop music I guess. It has popular appeal. It's an unfair comparison because Jimmy Fallon took his custume off and then everyone knew it was U2. Probably also some cameras that drew people's curiosity.

U2 Busks in NYC Subway in Disguise

And there was the twerker. First in disguise and then not.

Miley Cyrus and Jimmy Fallon Surprise NYC Subway Performance 06/13/17

​​​​​​​

Wed, Nov 15, 2017 - 6:58pm
Mr. Fix
Offline
-
NY
Joined: Jun 8, 2012
10801
64420

To state my position clearly...

This is the cause:

This is the effect:

Simple.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Wed, Nov 15, 2017 - 7:27pm
Green Lantern
Offline
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8375
48487

Cause Cause arishadvarga —

Cause

Cause

arishadvarga — the six passions of mind or enemies of desire, kama (lust), krodha (anger), lobha (greed), moha (delusion), mada (pride) and matsarya (jealousy), the negative characteristics which prevent man from realizing the atman (Reality that is his True Being).

  • kama — lust, craze, desire
  • krodha — anger, hatred
  • lobha — greed, miserliness, narrow minded
  • moha — delusory emotional attachment
  • mada or ahankara — pride, stubborn mindedness
  • matsarya — envy, jealousy, show or vanity, and pride

Kama and krodha or lust and anger are responsible for all kinds of difficult experiences which we have in our lives.

With the false ego ("I-ness") up and active, all our acting in the world becomes selfish and evil. Hence there is no other factor causing the illusory duality and the repeated pain and delusion it entails than the psychological ego-sense. When the materially identified ego has sided with the materialistic forces of creation (Maya), it is said to have the following faults: kama, krodha, lobha, moha, mada or ahankara, and matsarya. Also called evil passions, man's Spiritual heritage constantly gets looted by these internal thieves (and their numerous variations), causing him to lose knowledge of his True Being.

If a fellow is virtually a prisoner of arishadvargas (the six internal enemies of kama, krodha, lobha, moha, mada and matsarya) then his life is totally governed by the destiny. As a person moves ahead on the path of self-realization, the grip of the destiny over him loosens and he gets more and more leverage to change his destiny. When a person identifies himself with the self, then, he becomes part of the destiny power. His power of mere sankalpa is good enough to materialize and change any situation either for good or bad according to his sankalpa.

Cause from a Christian perspective.

Effect

ALL SYSTEMS FAIL

Systems neutral.

Humans-assholes

Wed, Nov 15, 2017 - 7:37pm
Green Lantern
Offline
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8375
48487

(No subject)

Wed, Nov 15, 2017 - 7:44pm
Mr. Fix
Offline
-
NY
Joined: Jun 8, 2012
10801
64420

Down the rabbit hole with the Jackass

The Saudi Straw That Broke the Petro Dollar's Back
"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Wed, Nov 15, 2017 - 8:51pm (Reply to #17325)
abguy4
Offline
-
rochester, NY
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
2075
15134

did someone say prodigy?

did someone say prodigy?

Metallica Nothing Else Matter (cover by azry)
Wed, Nov 15, 2017 - 10:32pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Wed, Nov 15, 2017 - 10:35pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Wed, Nov 15, 2017 - 10:37pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Wed, Nov 15, 2017 - 10:39pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Thu, Nov 16, 2017 - 12:24am (Reply to #17333)
SilveryBlue
Offline
-
Auckland
New Zealand
Joined: Mar 7, 2013
1648
5679

@Ruff

If you can see the sky tower you are still in Auckland (the tallest building). I think you can still do bungy off the Sky Tower platform and off the Harbour bridge if you are into the sort of thing

Still waiting to catch you online so I can pass over my phone number & Atas email.

SB

Thu, Nov 16, 2017 - 2:58am
gold way p
Offline
Joined: Apr 18, 2014
198
818

Truth

Anything out there except deep rabbit holes are half truths and lies. Recent revelations about Bundy good example. Turns out Clintons uranium one deal was the real reason the government had special interest in that land. One thing for sure only little fish pay full price for misdeeds and there is no such thing as coincidence. Politics has always been a shark tank and bullshit. I agree no such thing as good governance

Thu, Nov 16, 2017 - 3:43am
atarangi
Offline
-
christchurch
New Zealand
Joined: Sep 3, 2011
4228
22894

natural law

cannot by definition be a social construct.

It is the phenomena or framework of reality in it's entirety.

The concept of fairness and reason in human affairs can never be likened to natural law.

In high tide fish eat the ants, in low tide ants eat the fish. - Thai proverb
Thu, Nov 16, 2017 - 7:49am (Reply to #17336)
Green Lantern
Offline
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8375
48487

gold way wrote:Anything out

gold way wrote:

Anything out there except deep rabbit holes are half truths and lies. Recent revelations about Bundy good example. Turns out Clintons uranium one deal was the real reason the government had special interest in that land. One thing for sure only little fish pay full price for misdeeds and there is no such thing as coincidence. Politics has always been a shark tank and bullshit. I agree no such thing as good governance

Welcome to DOTS and thank you for that piece of poetry. It reveals alot about the nature of the world and mankind that I've been unable to figure out. You've succinctly summarized the nature of governance in Haiku form.

I'd also like to note that there are 1/2 dozen questions that have mysteriously gone unanswered. I'm wondering if a Clinton came onto the forum and deleted them???

It is unclear to me if it is a factor of time, will power, or a simple preference of making conclusions by unsubstantiated postulate and then continue repeating it until one day it becomes true.

Allow me to introduce myself, I am the irritable New Yorker who speelunks in the bowels of Gotham. I am considered ill-mannered, unsteady and volatile. I seem to get triggered in light of fallacious arrangement, sophistry, and argument by assertions without substantiation. Speculative at best.

I also possess numerous mental health issues diagnosed by the collective especially long time lurkers who suddenly become active, and then go back into hiding. I am also strongly misogynistic, member and loyalist of the deep state, disinformation agent, Nazi sympathizer, all around dick, religious intolerant, sex offender sympathizer, who in my free time reads the Koran. I am generally considered intolerant of random opinions that people pull out of their ass while tacitly asserting superiority over the MSM sheep and fiat currency enthusiasts.

All these revelations were uncovered through deep thought, and a group deductive process of the collective at different times. The best part of it is these are by people who have the constitutional right to vote, and have consistently used the same thinking to select our leaders and some even drive a car..

The most common form of argument is"I ascert it to be so, therefore it is so." I know something to be true in my heart and therefore it's true. Or similar to your style, I will provide an example of my belief system and extent it to be absolutely true and then assert it strongly. I have only once participated in the destruction of America in a voting machine supporting a guy everybody else ignored. Therefore I accept minimum responsibility for the shit show we are watching. I also have read the constitution and do not use it as a coaster.

I don't trust the human condition. Not to lead itself or even have a modicum of consideration for the needs of others but mostly not to honestly analyze financial and geopolitical realities. At least the majority. Thus far the strongest justification for anarchy is Little House on the PRarie and Gilligans Island. Let it be known that I neither had sexual fantasies about Ginger and Maryanne. Especially Maranne who reminded me of the girl next door. However, that's a non-sequitor.

Now excuse me, today is Thursday. I like to steal little puppies, pull young girls ponies tails and then go into the coffee shop and take bites out of strangers croissants and put it back on the plate so I can sample the next persons. I don't do it so much to feed the hunger, I like watching their faces.

I am sensing the collective fatigue.

Thu, Nov 16, 2017 - 8:00am (Reply to #17337)
Green Lantern
Offline
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8375
48487

Atarangi, I'd like to

Atarangi,

I'd like to assemble all your contributions on this subject in one pocketsize book. I found dozens of them. I think we could make a fortune. I've been looking to get back into crack, but not a financial resource. This book would do it. What do you say?

ata wrote:

cannot by definition be a social construct.

It is the phenomena or framework of reality in it's entirety.

The concept of fairness and reason in human affairs can never be likened to natural law.

ata wrote:

Natural law does not guarantee no harm to others. In fact natural law in the eyes of God is largely based on harm being done to others. God's natural law is however good and just, because it sets the stage for the maximum possible progress and appreciation of life, for the maximum amount of life forms. God is fully aware that you have to be cruel to be kind. People have tried to mimic God's natural law with various "do gooder" and socialist concepts only to fall flat on their face. God is pretty much in charge and his empirical, evolutionary tactics seem to have the last laugh most of the time.

ata wrote:

The theory of natural law as a guiding moral principle is never going to work.

Nature relies on every dirty trick in the book.

Moral principle resides on a higher spiritual plane.

ata wrote:

as with all systems is inherently flawed.

The boffins at the top are prone to keep hiring underlings in order to elevate their own status.

This is human nature.

Mission creep is a form of cancer.

A state of bliss can only be achieved when the parasites are momentarily kept in check!

Life can only progress when the meek stand up to the filth.

Thu, Nov 16, 2017 - 8:25am
ag1969
Offline
Joined: May 10, 2012
5495
31576

Hi GL

That was quite the eulogy you just delivered. I had no idea you read the Koran!

Yes there is some fatigue on the subject, at least for me. It is a very interesting discussion, and I certainly do not have all the answers. It has caused me to do some thinking and explore the concept a little, but it is just not something I care to rehash so in depth on a daily basis.

I think you have put forth a very strong argument that some sort of government is necessary, as we have raised a lot of issues that I don't see being resolved by anarchy, yet they are not solved by any other form of gov't or religion either. As I said when you held me down and forced me into the conversation against my will , I don't know how to get the train back on the tracks, I think banishing the Babylonian Money System is a great start.

IMHO, this is a conversation that I just can't arrive at a conclusion on because we are still not dealing with all the facts as to Who, what, why, h0w, when and where the human race got its start. It is like trying to put together a 5000 piece puzzle with 4000 pieces missing.

Thu, Nov 16, 2017 - 9:01am
Green Lantern
Offline
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
8375
48487

First of all I only read the

First of all I only read the Koran in Farsi during American holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas and July 4th. That was one of the epiphanies of Inkel who seemed to equate me reading through it with me being a political Islam sympathizer. Most definitely enlightened member of our great society with heightened cognitive function. I actually have a Koran that was given to me by a devout Christian. Anybook with the word God in it, he wants to read. So I read it. I read the label on shampoo bottles too.

The force I applied against you is known as an online Wedgie. Are you familiar with that technique?

u

It's a debate technique that combines the Socratic argument where you trap a person in their own cognitive dissonance and a technique my 6th grade teacher taught me, Who Can Tell the Class who quetzalcoatl was? Anybody? Nobody can tell answer the question? This is where she would pull out the ancient technique of calling on people by name. This is when young men and women begin experimenting with prayer.

How about you Suzie, Please tell the class what you know. Something about calling somebody by name that they feel obligated to answer the question.:)

Money systems and all the perversions of a Constitutional Government all fall under the heading of political law. People forget or deny where the law comes from and that's just enough to slip law after law that undermines the original intent of the system.

It's really easy. Ancient philosophies aside, people get together forge a community to protect itself, protect the rights of people and somebody misplaces the users manual and then it declines. That doesn't make the original intention wrong.

If you only take away one thing from the Book of Changes, it should be this, nothing in life, no system, no family, no indvidual has this dynamic. Society will never progress this way and there will always be good times and bad times until we all get enlightened and that event has been postponed.

I think the straight line best symbolizes the thought process of the anarchists. You want shit to be good all the time and you think you can outwit the universal laws, the human condition, the kali yuga, the planetary forces, and much more. The Gods laugh at us.