26771 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fri, Jul 21, 2017 - 10:46pm (Reply to #14412)

abguy4 wrote:Ever wonder if

abguy4 wrote:

Ever wonder if you are unduly swayed by marketing?

just sayin.....................................

Push vs. Pull Marketing in Hi-Fi Audio

Got a brand name and model number on that radio? or whatever it is? Looks like something I can use.

That being said, the literature says that sexual stimuli indeed commandeers human attention. I didn't even see that the radio/amplifier whatever. 

But the literature goes further.

This ad, quite the sexy guy, so I'm told. 

is a far more persuasive ad than this one? 

Because people are more likely to be persuaded and influenced by stimuli that fit their goal. Sexual content only works for products that people use for sexually related things, cosmetics, body scents and stuff like that. For Detergent, motorcycles, and kitchen appliances, it doesn't work as much. 

Now if you want to sell a mattress, 

This won't be as effective, 

as this

or simply putting a picture of clouds on a mattress website.

Fri, Jul 21, 2017 - 10:54pm

Short excerpt from Maybury

Short excerpt from Maybury this month. Nobody reads the Constitution anymore. 

The turmoil in DC is being misread

The hatreds, jealousies, in-fighting and back-stab- bing that appear to be preventing reforms are actually the beginning of America’s revival.

What keeps us from realizing this is that people in the 20th century were taught to see the institution called government as their superhero. But nothing could be further from the truth.

Look at the historical record

There have been at least 22 civilizations on this planet before us. The ancient Greeks, Romans, Per- sians, Aztecs, Mayans, etc. ....

Ours is the first global civilization and...

... no one should be surprised that after a century of explosive growth in government, the whole thing is coming unglued. All 206 countries are choking on taxes, regulations and red tape, and many are, like the US, wounded by corruption and wars.

But America has a wonderful advantage over the others. Its founders realized that political power cor- rupts a person’s morals and judgment. They foresaw that the nation they were creating would have an in- herent tendency to go down the road to hell.

They created safety mechanisms to prevent this. You can read about them in the Constitution, but be- cause most school students have been taught to see government as our knight in shining armor, few of us can grasp what is actually written there. We’ve been taught to look but not see.

Here’s a good way to start seeing

A thought experiment that practically no one is en- couraged to do these days is to read the Constitution, then try to imagine a private corporation operating ac- cording to these rules. (Not necessarily the rules as now interpreted, but as written.)

According to the Constitutional plan, there is prac- tically nothing the president of USA, Inc. can do with- out permission from hundreds of popularity-seekers called congressmen. These persons are divided into two groups, the Senate and the House. (Remember the word divided.)

None were hired by the president or anyone else at USA, Inc. All are winners of popularity contests from around the nation.

At USA, Inc., any measure that requires spending money, which is practically everything, must be pro- posed and approved by the popularity seekers. 

Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 8:39am (Reply to #14418)
sierra skier
-
ID

I Run Bartertown

I Run Bartertown wrote:

Congrats on your progress!

And on all the cool stuff! Very glad to hear you're nearly done with the medical issue, nothing more important than that. Certainly not checking sources for things on the internet yes. I think this is one of those times where the limitations of text make communication suffer. Picture yourself, say ... at a bar with someone that you view fondly, and the drunk at the end of the bar spouts off nonsense, then your buddy's all like "TY, that is useful information", and you might be like

'dude, that was BS ...come on, you know that guy ... seriously, bro?'

kinda expecting him to say (or just think) 'oh right, I probably should consider the source'

but instead he gets upset. This was kind of like that.

Glad everything is so much on track for you. All good stuff.

You hit the nail on the head and I think you read my response properly in the respect that I didn't analyze Fixes response, nor was I taken aback by your suggestion. I am glad to be past the issue of chest imaging that had been resolved and been nagging my mind for several years now. Your bar example is an excellent parallel scenario to explain it.

Getting my shop project along will give me a place to occupy more of my retirement time and do useful and fun projects rounding out my options of recreation, sports, exercise and fitness, fun productive endeavors and equipment repair and maintenance. Thanks.

GL: Sex sells. Presented in the appropriate (or even not so appropriate) fashion sexy catches the eye and therefore the attention. Of course I would buy that radio with cleavage like that. My eyes followed that cleavage right down to the product,,,, amazing, huh. Advertisers are usually real good at using attractive folks using the products or noticing the attractive person using or demonstrating the trinket get folks attention.

To me I have often noticed that I pay attention to the model or actress to the point of missing the advertising message though. The clips on these commercials are often presented so rapidly that by the time you try to consciously absorb and analyze the views the message can get lost. The advertisers don't want us to analyze the message, just respond and purchase.

sierra skier
-
ID

I Run Bartertown

I Run Bartertown wrote:

And on all the cool stuff! Very glad to hear you're nearly done with the medical issue, nothing more important than that. Certainly not checking sources for things on the internet yes. I think this is one of those times where the limitations of text make communication suffer. Picture yourself, say ... at a bar with someone that you view fondly, and the drunk at the end of the bar spouts off nonsense, then your buddy's all like "TY, that is useful information", and you might be like

kinda expecting him to say (or just think) 'oh right, I probably should consider the source'

You hit the nail on the head and I think you read my response properly in the respect that I didn't analyze Fixes response, nor was I taken aback by your suggestion. I am glad to be past the issue of chest imaging that had been resolved and been nagging my mind for several years now. Your bar example is an excellent parallel scenario to explain it.

Getting my shop project along will give me a place to occupy more of my retirement time and do useful and fun projects rounding out my options of recreation, sports, exercise and fitness, fun productive endeavors and equipment repair and maintenance. Thanks.

GL: Sex sells. Presented in the appropriate (or even not so appropriate) fashion sexy catches the eye and therefore the attention. Of course I would buy that radio with cleavage like that. My eyes followed that cleavage right down to the product,,,, amazing, huh. Advertisers are usually real good at using attractive folks using the products or noticing the attractive person using or demonstrating the trinket get folks attention.

To me I have often noticed that I pay attention to the model or actress to the point of missing the advertising message though. The clips on these commercials are often presented so rapidly that by the time you try to consciously absorb and analyze the views the message can get lost. The advertisers don't want us to analyze the message, just respond and purchase.

sierra skier
-
ID

I Run Bartertown

I Run Bartertown wrote:

Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 9:22am (Reply to #14379)
HappyNow
-
Canada

SilveryBlue wrote: There is

SilveryBlue wrote:

There is no good use case for bent stalks that contribute to a pattern.

It is what it is.

It is a miracle and a message

If you think of these things as a message (as I do) there is a lot to ponder. Include ABGuy for any evaluation because I am gonna run out of steam way before him.

Love you all for trying.smiley

I say it's as a magic trick and your view suits your mind. Enjoy.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 9:29am
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 10:07am
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 10:09am
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 10:12am
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 10:14am
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 11:19am (Reply to #14425)

sierra skier wrote: GL: Sex

sierra skier wrote:

I was quoting, rather paraphrasing Robert Ciadini's research from his chapter on sex as a persuasive technique. He quotes quite a few studies showing effectiveness of response. But you are correct, it commands attention, however, the research says less effective in unrelated categories and that is over used as a persuasive technique in those situations. Not that it still doesn't command your attention and that there aren't those that it would still influence. 

However, wild guess, I imagine that technically inclined people like Abguy and Fix might be able to fight the impulse and buy the equipment that best suits their needs. I would hope.

If anything, I might buy a radio, and then go to a bar to pick up chicks. IF, I were single:) Boost the economy

Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 11:22am (Reply to #14430)

Ruffian wrote: I have no

Ruffian wrote:

I have no doubt he is in Kushner, Powell, Cohn, ivanka social circle. All of whom should be sent packing. 

Its very concerning he was walkers and jebs enthusiastic supporter. Not to mention a regular at Davos and he is a committed globalist. 

On another note I just saw the pilot of one of the Clinton/lynch Tarmac planes is dead. Seems he overheard the entire conversation between them! 

I read he did a fundraiser for Obama too. Just wonder what the strategy here is for somebody with such a powerful financial and policy background to fill a position that really is supposed to only compile information and disseminate it to journalists.

Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 12:34pm (Reply to #14429)
sierra skier
-
ID

Ruffian wrote:holy hell

Ruffian wrote:

holy hell batman ! You said little shop project. Hiw many acres is that shop. I need several ( normal sized) outbuilding to hold equipment hehe. That's not a shop it's a freaking plant!!!

It is called organization young lady, it is only 48' x48' monitor style with a 24' center bay and a 12' x 14' door to accept full sized vehicles. The two 12' x 48' bays with a two foot step down sided with clear plastic for ambient overhead lighting offers the west bay with a 9' high x 10' wide door gives the parking for my wife's F250 extra cab long bed and her 3 horse slant gooseneck trailer plus 6 feet or so. The center bay at 24' wide offers the parking for my 18' equipment hauler trailer (14,000 gvw) I use for my Bobcat, our 12' UTV trailer and the small JD farm tractor side by side when parked correctly and my Bobcat and Yamaha Rhino in front with plenty of room still in front for another full sized F 250. The final east 12' bay offers my 24' work bench and shelving/storage for hardware, fasteners, and misc. lumber leftovers and some fence posts etc.

The final thing I need to incorporate is floor space under the wood storage for a couple of extra Bobcat implements which I am still working out the concept for but feel confident about some success in finding the space for them. The total sq. footage is 2304 so it is approx. an 18th of an acre,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yes Poor Hillary lost a pilot, probably about the 6th loss by the Clintons tin the past year or so bring their total hit list up into the 40s or better. Shocking I tell ya.

Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 2:07pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

Truth in regression...

This forum seems to have changed in the last week or so, from exploring the evidence that contradicts mainstream narratives, to debating which mainstream narrative has more validity.

Also, since when was it so easy to dispute a a concept or a principal, by simply impugning its source?

Now we're talking about whether or not sex sells? How did this forum get so dumbed down in the course of a week?

For a great example, debating on whether or not "tell the great lie" was advice to Hitler, or an analysis of Churchill, completely undermines any discussion on how nearly everything we are told these days is a lie.

Years of research count for nothing nowadays, when the truth is countered with propaganda, and allowed to stand.

My assertions towards the Nazis consolidating global control after World War II and infiltrating the United States government is the result of following a very long chain of evidence with inescapable conclusions, and yet, it now just gets laughed off.

Analysis of ancient history gets contradicted by a mainstream history book narrative, and is allowed to stand.

My own comments are taken completely out of context, in an apparent attempt to vilify me, and people who have been reading my comments for years now, and should know by now where I stand on certain issues, buy the lie.

How did DOTS get so dumbed down so quickly?

Congratulations go to stackaloha and I Run Bartertown for making their profound ignorance so contagious.

Quite frankly, I haven't had the time, or the resources, to back track many years of research to counter each one of their ridiculously uninformed assertions, which might actually be due to my profound lack of interest in what they think. 

What I have learned, is a valuable lesson.

The areas of research that I've been involved in for the last few years, and have shared openly on this forum, simply can't be mainstreamed, because so few will actually go through the effort to follow up on the research, and so few have the mental capability of analyzing and weighing evidence objectively. 

To paraphrase a truism from Jim Marrs, "Some things really shouldn't be said, even when they are true, because it undermines your own credibility". That is the result of living in a matrix of lies, which the majority have grown to believe to be true. 

I have found this to be true both online, and off-line, although, quite frankly, I do far better off-line than I do here, because I have the unique ability to substantiate my claims against "authority figures" who are already widely held in contempt, plus, I've had some substantial recent breakthroughs in applied alternative physics that are objectively provable.

I'm taking my weekend off to relax, something that I rarely do. 

I'll probably even engage in some mindless entertainment, and stop taking shit so fucking seriously.

I feel like it's time to "regroup", and re-examine some of my goals going forward, incorporating some of the harsh realities regarding the fact that so few people actually give a shit. 

I'm just tired. I've been up for days, traveled through many states, got stuck in countless traffic jams, and I'm in dire need of a good meal, and a nap. 

After that, I know I'll feel better, and none of this will matter very much.

Best wishes to all, and have a lovely weekend.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 2:54pm

Fix, I am pretty  sure that I

Fix, I am pretty sure that I said and have said in the past that pointing out that misatrbuting a quote isn't a big deaL because no matter who says something you still have to deal with the content and while correcting a source of an idea is good scholarship but when's done with an obvious ulterior motive where there is no concern for exploring the heart of the matter, well that's just pollution.

Aso far as discussing the art of persuasion from well grounded research, and it is a big field, I'LL go out on a limb and suggest that it's not common knowledge but a special ized area that requires diligent study. If the research is correct, sex Sella might just be a nice platitude that requires a little more investigation. The field of advertising is considered an occult study.

This field is mind blowing complex once you start researching it you realize how little good information is really discussed other than people in the field. Did you know that if you want a woman to sleep with you after a date you can assist the matter by simply having her change her foot wear, or get a lazy person interested in jogging by having them put on a nice new pair of converses? The more you know the least likely you'll be influenced by invisible Powe currents and the better chance you can use the knowledge to improve your life or if you are a marketing director b not wasting company money by deploying it unwisely 

Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 3:46pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

The fields of advertising...

Of course it's an occult study, if the secrets became mainstream, Edward Bernay's life's work would all be for nothing,

And the mind control applied to politics, commerce, religion, education, and society as a whole would collapse.

The power that they have had to influence me, and those close to me, has been incredibly reduced simply by exposing their mind tricks.

Such knowledge obviously makes it much easier to improve my own life, but expanding those goals to a larger audience is quite problematic, because it often comes down to "who do you believe"? An oddball loan wolf, or societal consensus?

The scales are tipped heavily in the wrong direction.

That's why I'm quietly reevaluating some of my goals, I know what's possible, but to most, it is unbelievable.

This forum was making some headway in building consensus, but that is far too easily undermined.

Do I pull back and mind my own business? Or double down on bold, and publicly call out and expose the lies, and deceptions, that are so easily believable by the masses.

One story that concerns me, while also confirming that the agenda is moving forward unfettered, are new federal policies regarding "Civil asset forfeiture laws" being promoted by Jeff Sessions. Both Dave Hodges, and William Mount, who has been staunch Trump supporters, are starting to scratch their heads, and asking what the fuck?

They seem to be working from the ridiculous premise that Sessions has gone rogue, when I stated that this was a Trump policy months ago.

The official policy being pushed is for armed gangs of thugs wearing goofy costumes, occult ornamental badges, carrying heavy firepower to be able to shamelessly seal with impunity, without even having to prove any of their baseless allegations, which they can simply pull out of their demonic collective asses. Resistance will be deadly.

It's simply "legalized" theft, on a far bigger scale than most people can comprehend. 

And yet nobody is even considering fighting back. If they are, they most certainly are keeping it a well kept secret.

Here's a story getting no press at all, no conversation at all, except from me.

Listen to this William Mount clip, starting at eight minutes and 21 seconds.

https://youtu.be/u_SejOOIxhI?t=8m20s

Or for a little bit more in depth, here's Dave Hodges:

Sessions Is Turning Into an Unconstitutional Bully as He Wants to Steal Your Property

Here's a link to his written narrative:

https://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2017/07/21/sessions-is-turning-into-an-unconstitutional-bully-as-he-wants-to-steal-your-property/

Property rights is a foundational principle of natural law. Everything is going in the opposite direction.

A government that states it can steal with impunity is a destroyer of civilization.

Maybe they can get some well endowed bimbo to sell it... wink

I'm still not buying it. cheeky

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 3:47pm
sierra skier
-
ID

Mr Fix get your rest and feed

Mr Fix get your rest and feed well, all of us feel terrible when exhausted, I know from my snow removal days where 12-18 hour shifts could extend for days or longer with just time to feed and shower occasionally. There may be those who do not follow your thought trains, and frankly a few of them are more deeply involved than I have the time to follow, but you certainly provide a huge volume of great thought provoking material, at least for me.

I for one will whole heartedly agree that we have been taught lies for centuries and the progression is becoming more intense. I truly believe that those who run the show are making it more difficult to find and research alternative information with relation to their script. Do not despair but continue your research for I believe you have many more lurkers who value your interests much more than you anticipate. There are so many contairian points of view that it is highly difficult to pick but one, but inter twine bits and pieces from many. In the past I ran into the wall that you are apparently facing and just no longer shared my shared the lines of thought I studied because of the deer in the headlights stares I would get, or the "You're nuts as they would turn and disappear off into their mindless bliss.

Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 4:11pm
NW VIEW

O.K. Mr. Fix

I looked at your latest posts on DOTS and your frustrations. It is the same for most of us. You see what you see and others what they see. You have about as many converts on the forum as I have on the TOF, very few. 

You and I do have some common areas like the evils of the RCC and their demonic popes. Your study of their occult/demonic practices could not be overstated and hell will be a place for most of them. The divided religious systems , many with great people, have long ago detoured from the Faith, delivered by Jesus. We both know that few even know what He taught, even though they say that they read their bibles. So, we have similar problems, standing on different platforms. Those who are blind will never see and those who have ears will never hear and those who read volume of books will never learn the Truth. 

Freedom means walking a pathway apart from the one set by the worldly governments. The wise one will live that lifestyle and be hidden from view. I am working on that also. I worry about you being to vocal along with a good measure oof truth and you will have a small unit at a FEMA camp. If you hear a "tap,tap" on your caged window, it will be me with wire cutters. Jim

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Sat, Jul 22, 2017 - 5:17pm
I Run Bartertown

Fix, you clown

"Congratulations go to stackaloha and I Run Bartertown for making their profound ignorance so contagious. "

I was about to stop. Now I'm just getting started. UNLESS, you get Nana to ask me to stop. Just have her ask me not to post in her DOTS... forum and I'll go away. Forever.

After having treated her so well, I'm sure you guys will be able to get her to do that.

In the mean time, get yer lifejacket ... flood incoming...

Rotersand - War on Error (Declaration)
Video unavailable