26878 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sat, May 27, 2017 - 6:28am
SilveryBlue
-
Auckland
New Zealand

Yay

Sat, May 27, 2017 - 7:22am (Reply to #13159)
Green Lantern

SilveryBlue wrote:The word

SilveryBlue wrote:

The word is assert. Not acert. Sorry to be a nitpicker. Your whole message is skewed when I have to abridge my intellect around your spelling. Not that I have a lot. That may be my problem.

When you acert with authority my brain tries to explode.

Thank you, but at this time I'm not accepting online editorial corrections to my content. I type 80-90 words a minute, stream of consciousness. Since nobody is paying me for my content, and most time not even saying thank you, to me or others that are putting out "original" little known content they they had no idea existed, after it's all finished and all the redlines appear on the screen, I take a moment to right click and correct. (I trashed that sentence, ) Sometimes... I might even take a few seconds and correct poor grammar. Not this time.

Fix just asked me how Twain bypassed the mental filters of the human race which he thought so poorly of. (dangling participle) When I'm in the mood today, I'm going to have to crank out a synopsis of one of Twain's little read writings, I'll have to explain what he is saying, and show that he had a special mission that humanity has overlooked.

The information I have is a result of much research and time reading Twain's material. If a professional magazine asked me to pen such an article, I'd spend at least a week,put it through a rigorous editorial process and submit a handsome invoice for my work. You're getting it for free. And I'd rather not spend an entire day editing the content so I give a raw unfiltered, unedited version.

Not all, or even most of things, I write about on here do I have a professional level mastery of the subject matter and thus I'm like everybody else. HOwever, there are certain subject matters that I do hold a high level or professional experience in. (dangle, dangle) INcluding spiritual psychology that even if you wanted to, you'd have no way of accessing that information just using youtube or google.

The information I have on Twain you will not find on Zerohedge, GizaDeathStar, Jim Willie or Martin Armstrong. So in light of a history of ad hominem comments, on editorial form, length of what I post, or simply you're full of shit without the decency of courtesy of addressing content (including those who just run away from a discussion) you might understand why I have such a special kinship with Twain, Thoreau or Emerson because the human condition that they all spent so much time on is right here in bulk form.

Twain had a dim view of religion He saw how men would go to church on Sunday, and act like complete assholes Monday through Saturday. So he used his writings to vent his frustrations at the human condition and inform anybody that would listen.

Oh yeah, acert? What could (typed could instead of good) come out of notifying me after the fact about any and all spelling and grammar nastiness of anything I post including this one? Nothing right?

I scored in the 1% on my verbal aptitude. But that was just a test. I preferred math. No commas necessary.

----------

I'm sure sometime later this afternoon somebody will thank AM for his generous offering and explanation of certain cycles above. And the next time the topic comes up, everybody will have a firm grasp of that material so as a community we can take that material to the next level and people can start pointing out the cycles that are showing up in real time. But then again, I'm a dreamer. I gave up a long time ago on that kind of thing happening here, vigorous, healthy discussion on the stuff that could really help us see what's coming.

I have my hangups too that I can't seem to hide. Lack of gratitude is one of them. I'll work on it.

Sat, May 27, 2017 - 7:44am (Reply to #13159)
-
Dublin
Ireland

SilveryBlue wrote:When you

SilveryBlue wrote:
When you acert with authority my brain tries to explode.

heh heh

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Sat, May 27, 2017 - 7:57am
vonburpenstein

I used to work...

....with this guy, and whatever you were talking about...he had either dun it already or he tried to one-up you in some 'smart' way...We started making up shit to discuss just to hear what he had to say on the topic...it was fun to watch...no one seemed to really like him but we acted like we did...that was mean

Signed, Vonburp
Sat, May 27, 2017 - 10:05am (Reply to #13163)
Green Lantern

argentus maximus wrote: heh

argentus maximus wrote:

heh heh

tsk, tsk, tsk

Sat, May 27, 2017 - 10:13am (Reply to #13164)
Green Lantern

vonburpenstein

vonburpenstein wrote:

....with this guy, and whatever you were talking about...he had either dun it already or he tried to one-up you in some 'smart' way...We started making up shit to discuss just to hear what he had to say on the topic...it was fun to watch...no one seemed to really like him but we acted like we did...that was mean

Used to be a fellow who participated in an online forum. One person after another would address him in a vague, non-specific, passive aggressive manner suggesting that he demonstrated some sort of ego superiority over all the other individuals. They made vague assertions never addressing the material. Never formulating a counter argument that was cohesive or substantive.

They usually chipped away at some peripheral issue like spelling, grammar or some other tangential issue. Sometimes wrote at length at their imagined perception of his donut diet, his misogynist nature, his affiliation with the deep state, or was sympathetic of pedophiles especially the forum spelling queen. They suggested he read the Koran and by brilliant inductive thinking was somehow a sympathizer with Islamic terrorists groups.

Other times individuals invented imaginative scenario's on how this person was in danger once a "collapse" ensued and that in some magical way a low class of people would suddenly appear at this door step, miles away from the neighborhood they referred to, in the presence of the largest armed police station in the city and be taken to task for his supercilious manner. Of course, 9-11 everybody was immobilized. People make things up to suit their style of debate.

Other forum members would engage in argument on subject matters that they had no knowledge of the material in which they would argue. The supercilious individual would use the socratic argument and they would duck the question until the person would acknowledge they really didn't have an idea what they were talking about and than use fallacious arguments to accuse that individual of putting out erroneous material.

While all this debaucher ensued, not one forum member had the wherewithal to address the lies. They pretended the larger crime was somebody responding in a perceived grandiose manner, never considering that he might be tapping into their sense of ego inferiority.

The other forum members delighted when somebody was courageous enough to take issue with him in an ad hominem manner. It didn't make any difference how poor the content, they just sought a way to vent their anger at essentially being told they were wrong. Often the superior fellow would go to great lengths to put forth rationale, well supported arguments to courteously show them why their argument was maybe a little short of correct. They would often respond with dick, asshole, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and ignore the content.

Most of them often contributed little if any content to the discussion yet day after day after day they would sign on to TFmetals, find their way to the forum and would never contribute content related to the world. They used a passive aggressive strategy of allowing others to generously contribute material always taking more than they gave while in the same breath complaining about the welfare mindset of the country.

That's the short response.

Sat, May 27, 2017 - 10:23am
Mr. Fix
-
NY

Good morning

Firstly, thank you Green Lantern for your contributions here, although I don't have time to read all of the research material that you post, your insights into wide variety of topics have insights which I would agree, can't be YouTubed or Googled.

I've known for years that those two particular sources are highly censored, and regularly scrubbed.

I've listen to the last two interviews done by Jim Willie, which I didn't bother to repost here, because they were both horrible.

One two hour interview was on a show with someone named CHUCK OCHELLI was perhaps the worst interview I've heard in my entire life, and I've listened to thousands. Chuck is a textbook case of diarrhea of the mouth.

The link is here: https://ochelli.com/05192017-friday-jim-willie-goldenjackass-com-saudi-italy-business-usual/ but if you value your sanity, don't bother.

The only information of any importance whatsoever, is that Jim claims he has "inside sources" that tell him that Donald Trump signed a top secret Executive Order last week putting an end to the chemtrails.

According to his worldwide network, there might be something to it. My own personal observations confirm that I haven't seen any in the past few days, although we have had a lot of cloud cover, so I'll be keeping my eye on the sky.

The other interview can be accessed on Main Street, which talked about Donald Trump's trip to Saudi Arabia, and Jim gave a few theories as to why, and I think he came closest when he said that the US is simply arming the shit out of ISIS. And then claims it will later be used to destroy the Saudi government.

Since there was no discussion of his trip to Israel, or his trip to the Vatican, I think a significant part of the picture was left out.

Jim knows his interviewer well, he can't go there. Identifying the Vatican as the head of the Satanic empire of lies wouldn't make it past the editorial process.

And finally,

On the concept of that there are no such things as original thoughts.

In the context of an eternal Universe, eternal Souls, and an eternal Universal Consciousness, it does become highly unlikely that there's ever been an original thought in recently recorded human history.

For practical purposes Green Lantern, I'm going to concede that point.

With concepts like our planet being seeded with life many billions of years ago, and in that time, Five or six cycles of intelligent life building advanced civilizations only to be wiped out, and having to start again, there will always be memories of previous civilizations to draw from.

Eternity is a long time, and you must consider that time itself is a figment of your imagination. We've been taught that the age of our universe is roughly 13.5 billion years, but the process for measuring that through the red shift of distant galaxies has been proven completely invalid.

We must look at the age of the universe in the context of trillions, if not quadrillions of years. Only then can the theories become comprehensible.

Ata,

the geological record shows primitive forms of life covering our planet, only to be wiped out, and replaced with a somewhat more developed form of life, wiped out again, and the process keeps advancing.

Life is a manifestation of consciousness, and over the eons, it becomes capable of creating more advanced lifeforms.

Darwin's theory of genetic mutation causing advancement of the different species can't be demonstrated through the fossil records. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that one species has ever evolved into another.

That leaves us with my basic working theory that the only thing that actually evolves, is consciousness.

That by necessity, would require an occasional new thought.

So Green Lantern, what do you think of that? I am reasonably well versed in the hermetic concept of mentalism.

Grammar police:

I have no use for cops here, or anywhere else.

Some of these posts take many hours to research, sometimes days to put into words, and then many hours more applied towards formulating a post that can be presented on this forum.

Nitpicking at a typo doesn't serve anyone's purpose for why we are here, and if grammar police had their way, virtually all communication would come to a standstill.

I make a reasonable effort at making sure my posts make sense, at least to me, and what happens after that, is up to you.

Take it or leave it.

If your head explodes, you might want to re-examine the tolerances you have established for it.

An expectation of perfection is usually painful.

Only you can fix that.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Sat, May 27, 2017 - 10:49am (Reply to #13167)
Green Lantern

[quote=Mr. Fix] .  That

[quote=Mr. Fix]

That leaves us with my basic working theory that the only thing that actually evolves, is consciousness.

Totally agree!!

That by necessity, would require an occasional new thought.

So Green Lantern, what do you think of that?

I'm not saying there are not creative people, bringing forth innovative idea's or inventions into the world. I am saying they are tapping into a level consciousness that has yet to be manifested and bring it forth. Twain's assertion on political opinions is a little less esoteric and just suggesting human beings are sponges as Scott Adams insists. Which would make me part of a group of people, less important than either, that are supercilious because my observation squares with them.

I'm sure if either joined this dance, I'd be a wholeless supercilious and you'd see alot of agreement and common respect.

The idea I've written about is called the finish kingdom. Everything, including inventions such as Tesla's finished when the creator created the world.

All events and all inventions of this world are said to already exist in the astral museum which is beyond this veil. Harriette and F. Homer Curtiss, occult writers, tell about this museum in one of their books; that he was privileged to peep at it. It is said that when a man like Tesla invents something, he r visits this museum, studies that which he wants to create on this earth, and then assembles it according to plan as seen in the astral world. Science looks at the same process like this: It says that all things have been finished, though we are always discovering new types of elements, etc.. They are there anyway;, we only recognize them.

This is why Neville says that all events are finished, that we must raise our consciousness through the use of the imagination to see what we wish to experience, and then experience with feeling. So if you don't mind me saying, you've been going at this free energy machine all wrong. Visualize in your consciousness Tesla at work. And then you are raising your consciousness to the level that Tesla was using when he came up with the idea. The exercise works.

Twain was able to do this and that's how he could see the future. So could Franklin D. Roosevelt. You'll find these idea's in Twain's "Mysterious Stranger" and even in some of Somerset Maughm's books. Stephen King has notoriously visited this museum which Blake called Los Halles to come up with his stories. You can't create what has already been created. You just manifest it.

All of this stuff is actually in the New Testament if you really want to understand what Jesus was doing.

IF Jesus had strong enough imagination to provide a miracle at the desert place and feed five thousand hungry people, than he had the ability to hypnotize a host of people who thought he was doing this , or he actually did it. Other wise, it was a pseudoevent reported by a legend maker an inserted into the Gospel. It isn't the question of you making a choice of what he did but is having some method of switching your conscious to determine what's going on there.

Grammar police:

I have no use for cops here, or anywhere else.

Some of these posts take many hours to research, sometimes days to put into words, and then many hours more applied towards formulating a post that can be presented on this forum.

Thank you. Why does only one person have the wherewith all to recognize that typing these things up takes time.

So if it's ok with you AM, if you can get them to cease and desist, I might join your peace treaty.

If Sengfarmer, SilveryBlue,and Vonburpstein would like to post interesting material, I'd be happy to sit on the sidelines and just read. Maybe let fix and I take a rest and enjoy some of the fruits of their labor. I'll be sure to chime in when the spirit moves me. Or we can play out this dysfunctional cycle ad infinitum. If they were capable of such insights, they are either holding back, or just waiting for the opportune time to step in.

Sat, May 27, 2017 - 10:58am (Reply to #13166)
Green Lantern

Green Lantern

duplicate. although some of you might want to read it twice.

Sat, May 27, 2017 - 12:26pm
-
Dublin
Ireland

OK I'll come back in.

@GL: Making posts that take more than an hour to do right is not unusual for me. I understand your frustration with shallow responses that ignore the core of the post and pick at it's edge or simply fly over the subject matter totally and then change the subject. I have plenty of experience of that, and I then go away and come back later.

There is no debt owed to the silly by those who might help them. Generosity is often mistaken for stupidity by the truly stupid but also by those who make a shallow joke at something serious because it stirs a form of angst or disquiet inside them. Let me rephrase that: when you are seen to get too serious by some people they get an urge to break the spell with a fart noise or substitute of that kind.

This offends you, and I admit it bothers me when it happens, and the offense is proportionate to the care, time, and generosity involved in making the original post. I have made posts that were conceived, edited, reworded, adjusted and the posted. And the very next post ignores everything like I never said it. Boom, straight over that person's head. Oh well, there is always the silent lurkers who read but never post, and the rest will reply in due time.

But the reality is simple. On average, people don't want help. Junkies like the drug experience. Many authoritarians like feeling like a hero when they stand up for some sleazy boss above them. The boss likes being on top giving instructions and having them carried out. There is a massive vested interest in closing down a message of insight that displays the reality of what is going on and getting called "normal". Getting out of a rut hurts, causes fear, and taking risks no matter who you are!

In short, many people want you to shut up. But they can't actually say that because it would show ... well traits they don't want to show. So they take an alternative route to express disapproval. Like coughing during a speech they disagree with. Or going into screaming brownshirt SJW mode while a political opponent ventures to actually criticize unconscionable behaviour. Clicking an anonymous TFMR hat tip for a smart alec comment that add nothing positive. There's a while rainbow of opposition, internal, and peer generated, and from above, to evolving and moving higher and out of the mud. Evil at work? That's the way some people look at it, and that way works too. But human inertia and peer pressure carries with it considerable herding power.

So I (myself) toss thoughts into DOTS every so often hoping to bring some progress in an area I have things to offer in. You do it more often. You defend your position quite vehemently where I'll reply once or twice at length and then go back to lurk-browse. But what good does it do? Your stress levels go up for not much benefit achieved.

The worst cases in society (and I'm not saying anyone in DOTS is in that group) will heckle until the very end, and when the end arrives suddenly have a miracle change in their attitude. In the 68-75 period they protested in universities and ended up getting drafted to force them to do something useful for those who really ran the game all along. The Orangeburg Massacre until the Kent State and Jackson State shootings were 1968 to 1970. Fifty years ago. What's going down in the universities today? Same old same old.

I posted above about 50 years. Anybody with a half a brain and an enquiring mind already went to see what else happened fifty years ago and already saw this. And everybody who is reading this and didn't just got a smack in the head for not getting that thought of their own volition. It's not my job to lead anybody. Nor spoonfeed. I can drop ideas and let whoever wants pick them up and see what they are.

And those who didn't look at the price of gold at those periods are also mentally switched off, and need to look at how awake and perceptive they are or are not. Because - and here it is spelt out for the unwilling to think - that's the period of the failure of the previous dollar iteration and the end of the gold standard. Yes, all these separate streams of crap are actually linked.

You know everybody knows you have to exercise your body or you fade and die slowly. And they somehow never figure out that those who are not thinking hard and using critical appraisal are losing that ability slowly over the years? After that mental ability is gone, what remains is .... I'll let everybody fill in their own personal conclusions on that painful self appraisal.

Here we are again slowly working our way to that stage. (not solely a 50 year anniversary, so not that black and white simple) And the presence of the many who shout down the ones who warn of problems ahead - that's as old as time. In general people are lemmings apart from a few. That absolutely includes the ones at the top too by the way.

So GL you can do your level best, and blow a fuse, and have a heart attack, and the back row inhabitants will merely chortle and throw peanuts. It must be so for everything to work. It's like trading. There has to be somebody on the other side of the trade. But when you look for your own well being, all that matters is being right, and also not having taken on such power that the other side can still win off your hide even when you were right and that side was wrong.

The content here at DOTS is comprehensive to say the least. I don't know of a similar place. For some it is a source if information and ideas. For others it's a daily commentary, a conversational conveyor belt in which the words are gone in the wind one second after they have been seen on a screen. It takes all sorts.

Chill. Bigger times and worse deeds are coming. You need to conserve energy.

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Sat, May 27, 2017 - 3:01pm
Green Lantern

Well AM, That's a whole lot

Well AM, That's a whole lot of medicine for a whole lot of people!! Not just GL... eh?

Of course, I'm itching to respond only to highlight and augment some of your points that I think will be glossed over and not taken to heart. But I'll let your commentary sit as is without any help from me because it's well said.

However, I feel compelled to highlight a couple breaches of good English writing. Not so many "So's" to begin a sentence, a few less "in short," in summary, and just get to the punch line and a few more., Ill let pass.

Actually, I really don't give a rat's ass about those things because the spirit of your message couldn't have been said better. Any intelligent person, Got IT!

(you could have written that post a bit earlier because nobody else was going to write it. there is some disappointment in a community that couldn't call the truth forward faster)

Sat, May 27, 2017 - 4:03pm (Reply to #13168)
waxybilldupp
-
Flyover land

GL - "finish kingdom" ...

>> "The idea I've written about is called the finish kingdom. Everything, including inventions such as Tesla's finished when the creator created the world. " << (my emphasis)

The next 5 paragraphs that followed were examples to support the concept of "finish kingdom". Clearly, you have taken a long look at this notion. I have not. Just learned about it now. Another example me learning more here by accident, than I learn elsewhere by design.

However, your opening statement includes a couple points I personally struggle with.

"... when the creator created the world." Creator? I'm not sure what that means. Conventional thinking leads back to Fix's "mythical sky daddy". That pretty much describes where I'm at. The notion of a creator had to be developed to support the entire myth of religion. As I said, I personally struggle with the concept.

But, perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps "the creator" is simply a universal consciousness. If I concede the existence of something that can function as "creator", then I have to move on to the next level I can find some comfort with.

That level is a "creator" that simply defined the "operational rules" for the universe. These rules defined how the universe would operate. They are the same here, in our neck of the woods (milky way galaxy) as they are anywhere in the universe. Once the rules were defined, the "creator" just rolled the dice and was perfectly content to lets things happen. There was no need to figure out "Everything, including inventions ..."

This pretty much defines where I'm at today. The "operational rules" have been researched and defined into a construct that gives predictable results. I have no expectation that all of the "rules" have been discovered. That's been a work in progress since the first humanoid picked up the red end of a hot stick.

Is "finished kingdom" possible. Since there is probably no more objective evidence than there is for the "mythical sky daddy", I guess it's possible. For now, however, I'll stick with my non-interventionist creator. Just another, personal, thought line.

Wax off
Sat, May 27, 2017 - 5:00pm
SilveryBlue
-
Auckland
New Zealand

OK so I am the word police

Apologies to anyone I have offended.

Please understand - the spelling interrupts my efforts to get the thoughts that the words convey. A lot of what is written in DOTS takes a fair bit of effort to follow, at least for me.

Sat, May 27, 2017 - 5:24pm (Reply to #13172)
Green Lantern

waxybilldupp wrote:>> "The

waxybilldupp wrote:

>> "The idea I've written about is called the finish kingdom. Everything, including inventions such as Tesla's finished when the creator created the world. " << (my emphasis)

The next 5 paragraphs that followed were examples to support the concept of "finish kingdom". Clearly, you have taken a long look at this notion. I have not. Just learned about it now. Another example me learning more here by accident, than I learn elsewhere by design.

However, your opening statement includes a couple points I personally struggle with.

"... when the creator created the world." Creator? I'm not sure what that means. Conventional thinking leads back to Fix's "mythical sky daddy". That pretty much describes where I'm at. The notion of a creator had to be developed to support the entire myth of religion. As I said, I personally struggle with the concept.

But, perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps "the creator" is simply a universal consciousness. If I concede the existence of something that can function as "creator", then I have to move on to the next level I can find some comfort with.

That level is a "creator" that simply defined the "operational rules" for the universe. These rules defined how the universe would operate. They are the same here, in our neck of the woods (milky way galaxy) as they are anywhere in the universe. Once the rules were defined, the "creator" just rolled the dice and was perfectly content to lets things happen. There was no need to figure out "Everything, including inventions ..."

This pretty much defines where I'm at today. The "operational rules" have been researched and defined into a construct that gives predictable results. I have no expectation that all of the "rules" have been discovered. That's been a work in progress since the first humanoid picked up the red end of a hot stick.

Is "finished kingdom" possible. Since there is probably no more objective evidence than there is for the "mythical sky daddy", I guess it's possible. For now, however, I'll stick with my non-interventionist creator. Just another, personal, thought line.

I take Mr. Fix's phrase "A Mythical Sky Daddy" to mean a "God" created in the image of man. Some guy that has wrath and vengence on bad days, loves you on good days, and possess a whole lot of human qualities. I am not, and I don't try to convince you of what this "universal consciousness" "God" "Sky Daddy" "Creator" is for you. YOur welcome to put this concept in whatever "spiritual" paradigm you reside in.

What we can agree on (maybe)is that there is creation. everything you see outside in the objective world, all life forms, forces and elements of nature, ,planetary systems and within that is a whole lot of some kind of brilliant. AM talks about all these cycles, 18.6, 72. He talks about strange concepts like sacred sites and alignments and lunar calendars. I think he has mentioned these things even in passing over time. So there is this creation out there, and embedded with in it is some kind of natural intelligence that runs things. I can't explain that for you.

All the operating rules haven't been discovered. I just have a bigger stash of them than most people and the process of seeing them in action or working them will take the rest of yours and mine mortal life.

The problem in discussing these things is as you have noted. It is NOT an objective reality. I can not convince you of my subjective reality unless you have your own experience that you can compare.

So whatever, whoever "created" this objective reality with all this natural intelligence is said to have finished creation from the subjective reality. NO proof. I have no proof that Fix actually dreams either and what or where that content comes from. HIs word against everybody elses. Unless you're a dreamer with similar experience than you go ah haa. Talk to me.

I have two paradoxical views on religion. That all major orthodox religions are result of a little pseudoevents put into the gospels or distortions of what happened. I have no doubt of Jesus's existence on this earth, as a "spiritual" or "enlightened" being. I respectively don't buy into the idea of a Jesus or any spiritual master saving the people through his own human sacrafice. That's my belief. I'm not going to argue it or lend support for it or have a biblical quote battle with anybody. The paradoxical believe is that a Christian, a Buddhist, a Hindu and yes, even a Muslim, one that sings the 99 names of God, not the one that blows up people, all have equal access to some higher force and that spiritual progresss is not made through all the fancy things we talk about, but through how well you conduct your life being first and foremost.

The idea of the finished kingdom ties into the biblical statement that I knew a man caught up in the third heaven. That these dimensions exist and that through the use of the imagination, which is deeply hidden and has become atrophied in most people, it is the ulitmate star gate, time machine or whatever invention Tesla conceived. And through it's use you can either have a subjective experience that confirms what I'm saying otherwise you are absolutely right that what I'm saying is absolute conjecture that I can provide no proof. I am having that conversation with Fix because there is some common ground and some agreed idea's on subjective realites with his discussion of dreams and others such stuff.

So in this case, I am merely sharing a point of view and not trying to convince you of it for if Fix didn't express interest in these idea's, I wouldn't have brought them up because in this case, I don't have an arguement to convince you of anything.

Sat, May 27, 2017 - 5:53pm (Reply to #13173)
Green Lantern

SilveryBlue wrote:Apologies

SilveryBlue wrote:

Apologies to anyone I have offended.

Please understand - the spelling interrupts my efforts to get the thoughts that the words convey. A lot of what is written in DOTS takes a fair bit of effort to follow, at least for me.

Just ask for clarity. I've never declined anybody that sincerely asked a question on something I wrote. And I never barked back, NO or ridiculed somebody because they didn't understand but wanted to. An expression of interest might convince me to type more carefully more than a command or cheeky remark.

Sat, May 27, 2017 - 6:01pm
Green Lantern

One more thing Waxxy, If you

One more thing Waxxy,

If you truly did not participate in the herd mentality here and I incorrectly deduced that you did based on the timing and nature of your comment sometime back, than I apologize a second time. If I screw up, I make amends quicly and then it's easier to move forward.

Sat, May 27, 2017 - 6:37pm (Reply to #13174)
waxybilldupp
-
Flyover land

GL ...

Never occurred to me that you were trying to convince me of anything. I knew you just threw "finished kingdom" out as an example of one more take on the hidden nature of things. As I said, never heard of it before. Nothing new. Lots of stuff comes up on DOTS I've never heard of before. "Ruffian Syndrome" is another great example.

I just used it as a way to dip a toe in and share my take on The Mystery. I'm not trying to convince anyone my take is worth a crap either. I like it because it avoids all the claptrap of religion. The only use I can see for the existence of religion is control.

Seems to me that most religion is made up bullshit. I spent 12 years in catholic schools. The last couple of years of religion classes in high school started to get into some of inner workings of catholic religion. Not sure if this was usual for high school classes or if it was a function of the elitist nut case of a priest who was teaching us. In any event, it came to me a number of times that what I was being taught was extremely contrived in order to explain the basic stuff that Joe and Marlene Sixpack had been fed in conformation classes in their youth.

In sum, I'm not looking for anyone to convince me that a more complicated view is where I should be heading. I do, however, enjoy hearing other takes on a Mystery that is unlikely to ever have objective evidence one way or the other. With that said, when I look at the obvious nonsense it takes for most religions use to make them look credible (all of which must be deciphered by a select few picking thru the entrails), I walk the other way. I just don't know why it all has to be complicated. Seems like whatever pieced this all together would value simplicity.

Wax off
Sat, May 27, 2017 - 7:00pm
Green Lantern

Waxxy, This sort of fits in

Waxxy,

This sort of fits in and sort of doesn't and sort of does and it's a bit more on the entertaining side of things.

Conducting a symphony orchestra is IMO one of the most difficult professions the world. It is a rarified person that has the innate abilities to tap into the music that somebody else wrote maybe 100's of years ago, master the physical language, especially a mastery of time, and they'll tell you they can't do it, and bring out something that they imagined was what the composer intended. Plus a great conductor has such refined skills that it would be hard for a non-musician to even hear the fine differences they ask out of the orchestra. Sometimes I have to listen several times.

Here is a great French conductor Sergiu Celibidache discussing very esoteric things on time, and inter dimensions, and the unheard part of the music. I had to listen to this twice and I'm going to listen to it a third time. These conductors have a vision of a final product of what the composer heard in his head and brought down from the eithers. So I warn you for many people listening to an interview like this might come off as kinda of weird but he is tapping into what I'm talking about. Nature of time and dimensions.

Sergiu Celibidache on his Philosophy of Music

And just for fun this is the great Leonard Stokowski in a rehearsal at an old age with an orchestra. I once read a study that they compared stress levels and that an orchestral musician had a higher stress level than a commercial pilot. And from my limited experience in college playing in an orchestra, sounds about right to me. If you asked me what make shiver in my boots more, jumping out of a plane or Leonard Stokowski yelling at me, it would be the latter. But he had a special knack at tapping into this invisible field and working with musicians to get it out of them.

Most people discover him through Bugs bunny. There are videos of him where there are 1000's of comments, Bugs Bunny brought me here.

Stokowski Rehearsal - Barber 'Adagio for Strings'
Sat, May 27, 2017 - 7:22pm
Nick Elway

The origins of Pepe the Frog, Praise Kek

My idea of a great weekend read:

https://pepethefrogfaith.wordpress.com/

Quote:

THE REAL STORY BEHIND HILLARY CLINTON’S “CARTOON NAZI FROG”

I’ll cut right to the chase:

Pepe the Frog isn’t a white nationalist symbol.

Pepe the Frog isn’t a harmless meme propagated by teenagers on the internet.

Pepe the Frog is, in fact, the modern-day avatar of an ancient Egyptian deity accidentally resurrected by online imageboard culture.

Does that sound like the most b@tsh#t crazy thing you’ve ever heard?

Strap in, friendo. You’re in for one hell of a ride.

I started down this path clicking links https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-25/suspected-berkeley-antifa-bike-lock-attacker-eric-clanton-arrested-assault and wanted to know more about the weaponized autists at 4chan. They are awesome!

Surrealism is a great tool for freedom at the end of the keynesian experiment!

Sat, May 27, 2017 - 8:17pm (Reply to #13178)
soulscape

Green Lantern wrote:

Green Lantern wrote:
Sergiu Celibidache on his Philosophy of Music

My son is a classical pianist and I enjoy classical music. No expert. But wow, That was the deepest most profound discussion of music/form/no form/time that I've ever heard. It's going to take alot to really understand what he is saying.

randomness