26981 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 6:13pm
Mantis

The end

For what its worth as a non paying regular I now feel like an accused and kicked out. I liked the conversations on mainstreet, even at times when I tried to swim against the tide telling people about crytpo coin. It was always fun. Sorry to see it end.

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 6:29pm
WineGuy
-
ON
Canada

I Agree Mantis ...

This new format is not user friendly.

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 7:09pm
Bollocks
-
London
UK

Mantis

"as a non paying regular I now feel like an accused and kicked out"

accused? kicked out? Your words.

"I liked the conversations on mainstreet.."

Then give something to the person who allowed it to happen.

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 7:56pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

@ Bollocks

Welcome to “DOTS", that goes equally to anyone that hasn't been on this thread before.

As far as the “changes” are concerned, it doesn't really matter so much to me, I didn't spend all that much time on Main Street recently, in fact, I don't even look at the daily price of gold and silver.

What I am interested in is figuring out what's going on, and how it will affect me and my family in the future.

This particular forum has been a gold mine, although I have engaged in many lively conversations across a multitude of forums.

Since I checked this thread daily whether I comment here or not, it has become my own personal “Main Street”.

So despite the changes, I don't personally feel affected at all,

although there is one minor (very minor) observation:

The leaderboard is gone.

It's going to take a little bit of research now to figure out what the crowd thinks.

That's actually a good thing.

I've noticed for a couple of years now that trolls tend to stick to those at the top of the leaderboard like flies on shit.

Maybe I'll be a little bit more engaged in the future.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 9:08pm
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

Ukraine's War.. What Weapons Are Illegal In War

What Weapons Are Illegal In War?

In war, some weapons are so dangerous that many countries are committed to banning them altogether. Yet these very weapons continue to be used in conflicts today, despite various treaties that prohibit them. So what weapons are illegal in war? And will these laws actually be upheld?

Learn More:
The UN Office at Geneva: The Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons
https://www.unog.ch/80256EE600585943/(…
“The purpose of the Convention is to ban or restrict the use of specific types of weapons that are considered to cause unnecessary or unjustifiable suffering to combatants or to affect civilians indiscriminately.”

Convention on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Certain Conventional Weapons
https://www.unog.ch/80256EDD006B8954/(…
An amendment by the Convention on the use of illegal war weapons and its injurious effects.

Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on Their Destruction
https://www.un.org/Depts/mine/UNDocs/b…
“Determined to put an end to the suffering and casualties caused by anti-personnel mines, that kill or maim hundreds of people every week, mostly innocent and defenceless civilians and especially children, obstruct economic development and reconstruction, inhibit the repatriation of refugees and internally displaced persons, and have other severe consequences for years after emplacement.”

Diplomatic Conference For The Adoption of A Convention on Cluster Munitions
https://clusterconvention.org/files/20…
“Each State Party shall, in accordance with national regulations, separate all cluster munitions under its jurisdiction and control from munitions retained for operational use and mark them for the purpose of destruction.”

Watch More:
How Do We Regulate Chemical Weapons?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je1hJ…

See this 2:50 video to better understand Ukraine's war.

Why Does The U.S. Love Israel?
Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 9:08pm
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

How Our People Do Their

How Our People Do Their Extermination-Jobs in Ukraine

By: MTJ
Tags:

Below is a video of “our side” in the Ukrainian civil war carrying out part of the Ukrainian Defense Minister, Mikhail Koval’s, extermination plan, which was injudiciously described by him right after a press conference.

On June 11th, an “Anti-Maidan” or anti-ethnic-cleansing, site, posted to youtube excerpts from previously unpublished press-conference Q&A-session statements by Koval, which were made perhaps immediately following the Defense Minister’s private meeting on June 4th with top NATO officials, who endorsed his plan. This youtube was titled “Secretary of Defense [Mikhailo Koval] About Concentration Camp for Eastern Ukraine People.”

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 9:09pm
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

If Everything Is Just Fine,

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 9:11pm
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

FBI REPORT: NO DEATHS AT

FBI REPORT: NO DEATHS AT SANDY HOOK: WAS EXERCISE, MISREPORTED, CREATED CRISIS

n a shocking report released this week, the FBI is admitting that the 2012 Sandy Hook School shooting was not a shooting at all. It was an exercise that local media misreported on, and then government officials perpetuated the hoax in hopes of bringing about gun control legislation.

Many questions regarding why "parents" were laughing, first responders were not going in and out of the school and later no medical personnel were permitted are now answered.

Most of us, at this point, have seen the crisis actor who was playing the part of a "parent" laughing a big belly laugh before noticing a camera and becoming somber. If you haven't, then click here to see the video.

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 11:08pm
Karankawa
-
Portland, TX

I heard a comment today that Obama has 'all of the qualities

of a dog', except loyalty.

Obama doesn't have ANYTHING resembling a dog. He's a mindless puppet USED by very evil people to deceive us from our creation. So were the Clinton's and Bushes.

This (in my opinion) is how humans are supposed to exercise their authority over animals.

Dog adopts baby rabbits

We will all be better off when we work WITH God's creation than rather than trying to dominate it.

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves."
Mon, Nov 10, 2014 - 11:12pm Safety Dan
flyinkel
-
Cedar Rapids, IA

This should be EVERY media headline

But it won't. Please help ALT media to get this out.

flyinkel
Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 1:06am
Dyna mo hum

Our new master?

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 3:45am
Mantis

Turd's front porch

Bollocks by accused i mean accused of making his 'front porch' look shit. I think the truth might be the front porch made his vault look bad.

Anyway Do you think the comments we provide are worthless? Charts we share, the many opinions and discussions that are raised. Turd doesn't get a subscription from the non subscribers but in many cases he did get a goldmine of other content given for free or at least some contrary opinions. I'm not going to pay to be part of his choir. This site has deviated yet further away from what I liked about it. I didn't like the way it was handled at all. Yes, Kicked out (unless you were on the 'board') then you had no prior knowledge comments were going to be disabled on the front articles.

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 3:51am
Mantis

Dots ..

Thanks for the welcome MrFix

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 4:08am
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

Two Veterans Force 102

Two Veterans Force 102 Corrupt Officials to Resign, Place Entire Local Board Under Citizen’s Arrest (Videos)

https://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2014/11/two-veterans-force-102-corrupt-officials-to-resign-place-entire-local-board-under-citizens-arrest-videos-2664106.html

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 4:43am
erewenguy
-
GA

House Committee Demands

House Committee Demands Answers on Truthy Project

Taxpayer-funded initiative collected 600,000 political tweets in its ‘database,’ bragged about having conservative Twitter accounts suspended

BY: Elizabeth Harrington
November 10, 2014 5:00 pm

The House Science, Space, and Technology Committee sent a letter to the head of the National Science Foundation (NSF) on Monday, demanding answers about the origins of the nearly $1 million taxpayer-funded project to track “misinformation” on Twitter.

The Truthy project, being conducted by researchers at Indiana University, is under investigation for targeting political commentary on Twitter. The project monitors “suspicious memes,” “false and misleading ideas,” and “hate speech,” with a goal of one day being able to automatically detect false rumors on the social media platform.

“The Committee and taxpayers deserve to know how NSF decided to award a large grant for a project that proposed to develop standards for online political speech and to apply those standards through development of a website that targeted conservative political comments,” wrote Chairman Lamar Smith (R., Texas) in a letter to NSF Director France Cordova.

“While some have argued that Truthy could be used to better understand things like disaster communication or to assist law enforcement, instead it appears Truthy focused on examples of ‘false and misleading ideas, hate speech, and subversive propaganda’ communicated by conservative groups,” he said.

Smith is asking for the original application for the study, and “every internal and external e-mail, letter, memorandum, record, note, text message or other document” sent or received by the NSF about Truthy since the study began in 2011.

Smith’s letter references a publication co-written by Menczer which explains how the project was used to track tweets before the 2010-midterm elections.

In “Abuse of Social Media and Political Manipulation,” a chapter for the book The Death of the Internet, released in 2012, Menczer writes how his team successfully had Twitter accounts suspended.

“With the exploding popularity of online social networks and microblogging platforms, social media have become the turf on which battles of opinion are fought,” the chapter begins. “This section discusses a particularly insidious type of abuse of social media, aimed at manipulation of political discourse online.”

Truthy tracked up to 8 million tweets per day in the run up to the 2010 midterms, and stored 600,000 political tweets in their database, contrary to Menczer’s claim that Truthy does not “have a database.” This section of the Truthy website was recently deleted, following an editorial by FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai warning the project could be misused.

“The streams provided our system with up to 8 million tweets per day during the course of the study,” the paper said. “These were scanned in real time by our system. In total, our analysis considered over 305 million tweets collected from September 14 until October 27, 2010.”

“Of these, 1.2 million contained one or more of our political keywords; detection of interesting memes further reduced this set to 600,000 tweets actually entered in our database for analysis,” the paper added.

“We don’t have a database,” Menczer said when attacking the Washington Free Beacon’s initial story on Truthy.

“Whether by amazing coincidence or on purpose, it appears that several social media accounts highlighted by Truthy were subsequently terminated by the owners of the social media platforms, effectively muzzling the political free speech of the targeted individuals and groups,” he said. “In presenting and publishing the findings of their work, the Truthy research team proudly described how the web service targeted conservative social media messages. Their presentations featured examples of what they found to be online political speech ‘abuses’ by supporters of these groups.”

A spokesman for Indiana University said that they are “aware of the letter but have no comment.”

https://freebeacon.com/issues/house-committee-demands-answers-on-truthy-...

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 4:56am
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

New Karen Hudes Interview!

New Karen Hudes Interview! China Source Confirms New Coalition

https://beforeitsnews.com/economy/2014/11/new-karen-hudes-interview-chin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flo9akhDA0g#t=234

FLOW OF WISDOM: World Bank Whistleblower Karen Hudes Nov 9th 2014 [2of 2]
Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 4:58am
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

It Begins, Russia Detaches

It Begins, Russia Detaches From The Dollar/Euro Currency Peg - Episode 514

It Begins, Russia Detaches From The Dollar/Euro Currency Peg - Episode 514
Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 5:13am
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

New Attorney General: As Much

New Attorney General: As Much of a Hack as Eric Holder

Posted on November 11, 2014 by WashingtonsBlog

Originally posted at Reader Supported News.

By Carl Gibson*

After the news broke of Eric Holder’s departure from the DOJ, I called on President Obama to nominateMississippi Attorney General Jim Hood, based on his exemplary record of defending consumers and citizens from predatory banks, big oil, insurance companies, and the pharmaceutical industry. My more cynical readers commented that Obama was too much of a corporatist to nominate Hood, and that whoever Holder’s successor would be, they would be completely subservient to the banks. And after the news of Lynch’s nomination and looking into her past, I can say with confidence that those readers were right.

Right after graduating from law school, Lynch went to work as a litigation assistant for the prestigious New York-based law firm Cahill Gordon & Reindel between 1984 and 1990. CG&R attorneys represented some of the more notorious figures behind the Savings and Loan Scandal of the 1980s and 1990s, including a man who had personal dealings with Charles Keating. In its profile of Lynch, the DOJ’s own website describes her as someone with extensive experience in “white collar criminal defense.” It’s very likely that Lynch went from Harvard straight to defending some of the worst financial criminals the country had ever seen at the time. On CG&R’s website, the “securities litigation and white collar defense”section describes the kind of crooks the firm defends:

“Recent matters include the alleged manipulation of the US Dollar London Inter-Bank Offered Rate (‘LIBOR’) and multi-billion dollar federal and state court class and individual actions involving subprime and structured finance products…. We have handled some of the most significant investigations arising from existing and emerging regulation in the white collar arena, including for some of the largest transnational companies and banks as well as the largest securities rating agency.” Our securities litigation and white collar defense practice is top-ranked by Chambers USA, The Legal 500 and Benchmark Litigation.”

Lynch basically got her first six years of wh

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 5:15am
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

Where Will Risk Erupt This

Where Will Risk Erupt This Time?

Posted on November 11, 2014 by Charles Hugh Smith

So where has all the risk pooled up in the system? In foreign exchange (FX) markets, that’s where.

One of the precepts of this blog is that risk cannot be disappeared, it can only be transferred or temporarily hidden from view. This runs counter to modern portfolio management, which holds that all risks can be hedged with counterparty-issued securities, i.e. options, futures contracts, derivatives, etc.

This also runs counter to the Central Banking Cargo Cult, which holds that any eruption of risk can be smothered by the unlimited liquidity spewed by omnipotent central banks.

There are several problems with the notion that risk can always be neutralized with counterparty securities and/or central bank liquidity. The first is fundamental. As mathematician Benoit Mandelbrot showed in his seminal book The (Mis)behavior of Markets, risk is a feature of all markets. As a result of their fractal nature, risk cannot be eliminated, and claims that risk has been eliminated will fail catastrophically.

In other words, precisely what happened in 2008-2009, when all the “low-risk” trades blew up and nearly took the global financial system down.

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 - 5:26am
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

Ebola outbreak caused by Big

Ebola outbreak caused by Big Pharma greed, concludes UN

The true cause behind the current Ebola outbreak, and the reason why more than 13,500 people so far have contracted the disease in West Africa since last December, is that First World countries like the U.S. have done nothing to stop it. This is the claim made by...

Learn more: https://www.naturalnews.com#ixzz3IkphRXpH