26879 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fri, Mar 30, 2018 - 1:37pm (Reply to #20782)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Fri, Mar 30, 2018 - 3:22pm
silver66

Full moon

Our city has off leash dog parks that I take " fang" to. His name is not Fang it is shithead but that is another story.

There is a flood plain behind the park, which I prefer to walk him off leash at, as the dog park is really muddy this time of year.

We get there and there are two dog fights that I hear in the 4 minutes it takes to walk to the back of the park. On the way back to the car a dog lunges at the fence at us on the outside and there is another fight.

Full Moon....hmmm, or it could just be a coincidence

silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 6:50am
AGXIIK
-
reno, NV

Ruffian I love diversity and multiculturalism

When it comes to firearms

I don't care if they'll black, brown, white, off white; little ones, big ones,; old ones, brand new ones; from America, Germany, Russia, China, the UK, Yugoslavia or Italy, I'll take them all, adopt them and they can all live at my home.

I don't even care if they are house trained and have their papers

AGXIIK

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 8:24am
Green Lantern

Wishing you all a very WHITEY

Wishing you all a very WHITEY Easter.

Yet, another full moon storm. Our first of spring.

Interesting how the weather prediction models had Monday as being 60 degrees and the entire week 60 degree's. They keep overestimating either by accident or on purpose because it looks like spring is being delayed until late April or May. This has been going on for weeks.

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 8:59am
sierra skier
-
ID

The winter storms impulses

The winter storms impulses just keep coming in pinwheeling of a low over the Pacific Northwest coast and traveling across the country. We have been skiing fresh winter snow and powder for over a month now.

Happy Easter and Passover to all as appropriate. We are off to the hill to celebrate our form of communing with Mother Nature on the ski hill for a couple of hours.

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 11:11am (Reply to #20786)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 11:19am
Green Lantern

The New Turd Ferguson Hat Tipping System

I am proposing a new hat tipping system. That reflects the truth of the human condition. You're all gonna like it. Embrace it.

This is how it's going to work.

Based on 7 years of compiled data from Anderson and Coopers, it seems like some topics have more leverage. Some topics inspire more participation and others are like government sanctioned martial law-a blackout. I'm sure you've noticed the correlation within yourself.

On the high end of the scale, a post can create instant recognition of an emotional state within a group. The emotional state says, YEAH, I"M STOKED> FUCK YEAH. THAT's THE TRUTH MAN.

It's like feeding time for the neighborhood cats. The moment I open the door with the chemical filled rat meat, it's like they have ESP, and they all start singing and bouncing around like drug crazed maniacs. It looks something like this.

Feeding time is a 20 hat tipper. High emotion. It's just giving the audience what they need. PLAY THAT SONG THAT I'VE LISTENED TO A 1000 times.

Allow me to provide some examples of this type of stupor.

Monday morning, gold gets hit, somebody posts a MEME. The MONKEY's ARE OUT.

A likely response from forum members

Any post that does nothing more than validates your identity but reveals nothing more about the dynamic of society (high emotional content) low cognitive content. It often endears a feeling of kindred spirits.

Now let's flip it. Any post that has LOW EMOTIONAL content, and Evidence of HIGH COGNITIVE FUNCTIONING (not just DOTS)

This would include any form of technical analysis of markets, political philosophy that describes the dynamic of government decision making, implications of foreign policy or any form of esoteric explanation of the functioning of reality, it's connection to markets and political realities . Any form of science including quantum entanglement or even the science behind space travel. Obviously, any discussion of natural law or guiding principles.

the collective state gets eerily similar to a heroin trance.

An example of a highly emotional story---Mass tragic events and death.

I call it the all let's get naked and slide in the mud story. The brain says, I can do this too.

All hell breaks out, lurkers become posters and this goes on for two weeks until suddenly we've reached conclusion,

And all of sudden nothing seems interesting. We're back to politics and global financial realities and philosophies that drive them.

Maybe we have to wait 6 months before we find a Muslim crime in the headlines. Or a Black LIves Matters event where two opposing sides are spitting at each other. AND YOU'RE JUST APPALLED BY IT ALL.

Here is how the new hat tipping system is going to work. BEFORE the electorate ever gets to vote on it (mob rule), each posts goes through an advanced technology that rates and creates a weighted system for all posts.

Highly emotional topics that provide readers no additional insights into our social realities but feel good, each hat tip will now only weigh 1/20th of the full weight of a hat tip.

If some guy, provides a full technical analysis (not necessarily referring to TA) of the dynamic of markets, future conditions, correlations with the natural world and provides the analysis, the computer will rate such content as low emotional content, HIGH COGNITIVE and HIGH USEFULNESS and adjust each hat tip to reflect the usefulness of the commentary. All hat tips will be reweighed to +20.

For instance when Turd posts a long analysis of the current price of oil and gold, followed by a meme, Turd's post will automatically be weight as HIGH COGNITIVE, and the follow up memes will only receive 1/20th to reflect their low utility, yet high demand.

Which brings me to the following article which I'd like you all to comment on.

An article by Jon Rappoport.

Globalists weaponize the stock market to control presidents

Globalists weaponize the stock market to control presidents

Anatomy of a fake reality

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/category/trump/

The computer has automatically decided this is a low emotional, high cognitive type post. So the reweighing of hat tips is done for the crowd.

But there is ANOTHER Problem. While the article discusses the reality of the markets, it's relationship to the entire economy, how they use it to hurt Trump, the question is does he offer an accurate picture of the reality of markets and the economy.

I'ts really a good follow up to our conversation on quantam physics and quantam reality. The difference between understanding some of the concepts and owning it.

Because he seeks to untangle the relationships of the state of the stock market and the general health of the economy.

WHOA HORSIE......

NOw my brain is firing all sorts of neurotransmitters throughout my body. I have red flags going up all over the place. So now we have a problem with the reweighing scheme. A topic like this can serve you by teaching you something you don't know or get a better understanding of the dynamics of reality and the political forces against Donald Trump. OR it can harm you for life if it is skewed understsanding of reality which you take.

Now if you don't understand it, sleep through it, you're no better or no worse than you were before.

So how do we determine if what he is saying is true, if the computer can't tell the difference between true or false? And it has low emotional content creating a largely narcoleptic state by people who have no interest in such topics?

Are these true postulates? Is the implication that Trump and his people can control the destiny of the market? Or that only insiders with leverage that know the trade beforehand make any money?

The stock market and the precious Dow are set up as a very profitable playground for insiders. That’s the beginning and the end of that story.

Here's another good one

Therefore, by being able to control the stock market, the insiders can control THE PERCEPTION of how the economy is doing.

Is the hidden assumption underneath this postulate say that a rising stock market a sign of good economic conditions? Can the opposite be true? A rising market, (let's assume it's not weighted for inflationary factors) ever indicate worsening conditions???

How am I supposed to figure out what's true?

So I offer it to the wisdom of the crowd........

Or does the wisdom of the crowd somehow fail to respond when there aren't 20 dead people on the ground?

Can those who seek highly emotionally gratifying posts demystify the dynamic of the economy and markets?

Or are we group of people living in multile worlds. You come here to let other people solve the complicated problems, why you go on for yours bitching and moaning about things you have no control over?

Is that the dynamic split on these forums?

Who is going to take a shot at validating or invalidating Rappaport hypothesis?

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 11:20am
I Run Bartertown

habbening now

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflores/a-huge-caravan-of-central-american...

"Taking a drag from her cigarette, a Mexican immigration agent looked out toward a caravan of migrants that grew larger with each step they took on the two-lane highway.

When the agent, who'd covered her uniform with an orange and white shawl, learned that the Central American migrants heading her way numbered more than 1,000, she took off for the restaurant across the street.

“I'm going to have a relaxing Coke,” she told BuzzFeed News.

For five days now hundreds of Central Americans — children, women, and men, most of them from Honduras — have boldly crossed immigration checkpoints, military bases, and police in a desperate, sometimes chaotic march toward the United States. Despite their being in Mexico without authorization, no one has made any effort to stop them.

Organized by a group of volunteers called Pueblos Sin Fronteras, or People Without Borders, the caravan is intended to help migrants safely reach the United States, bypassing not only authorities who would seek to deport them, but gangs and cartels who are known to assault vulnerable migrants.

Organizers like Rodrigo Abeja hope that the sheer size of the crowd will give immigration authorities and criminals pause before trying to stop them.

“If we all protect each other we'll get through this together,” Abeja yelled through a loudspeaker on the morning they left Tapachula, on Mexico's border with Guatemala, for the nearly monthlong trek.

When they get to the US, they hope American authorities will grant them asylum or, for some, be absent when they attempt to cross the border illegally. More likely is that it will set up an enormous challenge to the Trump administration's immigration policies and its ability to deal with an organized group of migrants numbering in the hundreds.

The number of people who showed up to travel with the caravan caught organizers by surprise, and has overwhelmed the various towns they've stopped in to spend the night. Pueblos Sin Fronteras counted about 1,200 people on the first day.

About 80% of them are from Honduras. Many said they are fleeing poverty, but also political unrest and violence that followed the swearing in of Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernández after a highly contested election last year. The group often breaks into chants of “out with JOH.” They also chant “we aren't immigrants, we're international workers” and “the people united will never be defeated.”

------------------------

https://archive.org/details/Camp-Of-The-Saints-By-Jean-Raspail

Paul Nehlen @pnehlen

" A few comments here:

1. Looking forward to Trump announcing exactly how he will thwart this invasion.

2. I've NOT ruled out heading to the border myself to make a militia stand defending this nation from a foreign invasion, should Trump fail to act.

3. Should Trump fail to act, I'd suspect it's time we change tactics dramatically, as we will have realized that through the ballot box it is not possible to conserve America."

--------------------------------

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 11:29am (Reply to #20790)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 11:34am (Reply to #20790)
I Run Bartertown

Social Cohesion

Still with the hat tips?

In the interest of community wellbeing, and concern for your frailties,

I've been giving your posts 'charity hat tips' for months.

It's never enough with you people. Equality of opportunity (anyone can post) is unsatisfactory ... if there is not equality of outcome (even with the aforementioned charity tips), then it's some sort of 'hat tip privilege' ...

Sad.

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 12:35pm (Reply to #20793)
Green Lantern

I Run Bartertown wrote:Still

I Run Bartertown wrote:

Still with the hat tips?

In the interest of community wellbeing, and concern for your frailties,

I've been giving your posts 'charity hat tips' for months.

It's never enough with you people. Equality of opportunity (anyone can post) is unsatisfactory ... if there is not equality of outcome (even with the aforementioned charity tips), then it's some sort of 'hat tip privilege' ...

Sad.

I am asking you if anybody has the intellectual curiosity to comment on a profound ascertion that John Rappaport is making and the repercussions of these idea's. I note your response is blank.

Maybe this is not the group that should be posting anything related to geoopolitical and financial realities? I'm in the wrong place?

And I am asking if the mass mind that gravitates to simple, emotionally charged posts, day after day, year after year, because it's much easier than dealing with the complex realities that drove us here in the first place. A 3 year old could post their anger at the changes in society. You're fucking adult with a brain that has the ability to dive into the issue at a much deeper level.

My political philosophy is clear and well articulated. I don't believe that the mass of society can vote and elect government officials because they don't understand the operating forces in the universe. etc, etc, etc, over and over again.

I'll take a vote from everybody in the car when I ask what do you guys want to eat? But I decide the directions. NO VOTES. Only wise council allowed.

I embrace the benevolent dictator model, the wise elder model, not because it has any resemblance of reality, I think it's the only one that can work. I embrace it in business, and in the family.

The guy who knows the most LEADS.

I think the hat tipping system is a microcosm of the electorate that votes with their emotions.

Now as far as my participation in hat tipping, I routinely go down the page and give hat tips to anybody that has enough blood running through their veins to participate. If Ruffian had a dollar for every lone hat tip that I gave her just because she responded she'd be rich. She had the balls to answer AG's question on the why? I like when people ask why and I like when somebody stands up and attempts to give an answer.

My hat tips ackowledge anybody willing to play. I give Jon Rappoport ten hat tips for writing the post and bringing up the subject. I deduct for his conclusions.

But posts that are just robotic, non-thinking fillers for your entertainment and that's the only thing that moves people, I find that SAD!!! SAD commentary on the intellectual prowness of people that are supposed to be in the know and supposed to care.

Now do you have an answer? Or are these type of questions not appropriate for DOTS because we want to wallow in our whiteness for the next year?

By the way, just in case anybody wants to know or cares, I AM WHITE. WHITE AS THE VIRGIN SNOW. I HAVE WHITE FRIENDS. WHITE FAMILY.

In addition to my whiteness, I AM A MAN!! A WHITE MAN. THAT WORKED IN DIVERSITY DRIVEN CORPORATE WORLD that gave advantages to people with skin pigments and people without penis's.

I DIDN"T GIVE A SHIT. The entire corporate world is some impotent dysfunctional war mongers. Give the fucking jobs to dark pigment women. I don't care. Let them run the world for all I care.

I AM OUT!! GONE. I'm NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN.

A company run by men in black suits who also run the military.

Snowden, and the google manifesto guy should have all WALKED out in the first place.

I care about dumb illiterate people. I don't want MS 13 Mexican gangs in my city. Otherwise, I don't give a shit, if you're working and contributing to society what you do?

I don't want to go to the bathroom with trannies. Otherwise I don't give a shit about trannies.

I don't care about Muslims praying. I don't care that there are ten Muslim churches or 20 as long as they mind their fucking business and don't try to convert me, and don't get in my face.

If people want to hire dark skinned people. I don't give a shit. I sell my goods to whoever hands me money without prejudice. If you're a drunk, ignorant Mexican I don't love you. Otherwise, I love Mexico beaches. I like Mexican food if it's prepared well. I like Mayan culture. I hate Mexican music. Mariachi music. I like Mexican weather girls and some of the ladies over there at the park.

Do you get it? I"m not obsessed with race and ethnicities? Do you get it?

You don't invalidate me because you fire me because I am white. I don't feel like less of a human being being around other cultures. I'm ok with you being different.

The likelyhood is I won't hang around you or be your friend just because of your religion or ethnicity. Those aren't the top criteria. Ya gotta be a decent person. I really don't give a shit what rag you wear on your head as long as you act like a human being.

That's it. Not that fucking difficult.

I get society is fucked up. I get that all the great societies had the same problems. And this problem repeats and repeats and repeat. OK, I Get it. Do you have to make your life, you r'aison d'etre to repeat the same shit over and over and over again like it's a big fucking mystery?

There is a BIG difference between assessing the state of things and being so obsessed with it that's the ONLY thing you contribute.

We are ENTERING into a PERIOD OF EPIC Geopolitical, social and financial changes for GODS SAKE. You're living in a country that the refugee's haven't arrived in any significant numbers.

The stock market is at an EPIC juncture that something PROFOUND IS going on. Other than AM and those that read him and understand him. DOES ANYBODY GET WTF IS GOING ON????

I can USE the hat tips to gauge just what the hell people are thinking and what they are not and some other nifty things. I use the moon too. I use what ever is infront of me. I see people hiding that don't want to be seen.

If I wanted more hat tips, I'd post on racial shit and dead people and change my name.

Can you tell me if I am fucked up or Rapporport missed the bullseye and then tell me what the financial commentary is that I need to be concerned about because of the stock market? What the fuck is going on besides your white identity????

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 1:05pm (Reply to #20794)
I Run Bartertown

Green Lantern wrote:Can you

Green Lantern wrote:

Can you tell me if I am fucked up or Rapporport missed the bullseye and then tell me what the financial commentary is that I need to be concerned about because of the stock market? What the fuck is going on besides your white identity????

1. Who is Rappaport? And what's with all the screaming about being White? You're here. It's not a Country Club. Relax.

2. Right now, a caravan is on the way, up to 5,000 now with the expressed intention of violating our border and making various other demands upon us. In all likelihood, they will proceed unimpeded. That is something happening now. Your side has had a lot of success mischaracterizing opposition to such as preoccupation with 'white identity'. If that must be so, then so be it. But I think the efficacy of your faithful 'you're racist' argument is fading. Time will tell.

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 1:40pm
AGXIIK
-
reno, NV

Green Lantern

Just when I was convinced you were a cool dark intellect devoid of humor, kind of like an AI version of Martin Armstrong, Socrates and a few other deep thinkers of historical importance, you post this and freaking crack me up. I love this post!.

OH Hell yes on Rappoport's essay. If someone told me you were Rapport's TFMR doppleganger I would have found that credible

Here's a different take. It is possible that some people, such as me, like everyone on the boards whether on DOTS or Mainstreet. Whether I agree with them, don't understand what they write, find it easy to assimilate, even disagree will because it antithetical my personal beliefs, this doesn't mean they aren't worthy of respect, appreciation and friendship After 6 years as a reader, moderator and writer at Silver Doctors (don't call me a good writer--I have 70 articles to prove that I'm not) I found that hitting a happy medium with all people makes everyone in my world a happier better person, even if they're generally a cranky curmudgeon. Curmudgeons need love too. This is not to gainsay hard lessons learned, solid intel and research brought to light, distressing subjects made public and puff pieces given the boot.

I've been called an intercessor at times, working to keep the peace on the boards as well. Not here, as I'm a relative newcomer and have no authority to regulate anyone on the boards. I like that much better than trying to run herd on the SD boards.

This is an important topic because every popular site, whether freeware or subscription, tries is bring new viewers and subscribers without offending the regulars, savants and rabble rousers. Every site needs to have a healthy mother mix fermentation of the people who bring a draw to the site. Site stats are still critical to survival and health of the owner and his or her site, That's just business.

If a site drives people from the boards, either because of a rancorous Romper Room environment offering hate at a rate, with no adult supervision, or a comment page that does nothing to draw people to the enjoyment of the village common, with its healthy vigorous debate, opinions and a bon homie that cheers people's spirits., that site can easily die of ennui. Some are so bad they are nothing but an idiotocracy.

Some sites such as Zero Hedge offer bedlam of the best sort but the best of best is TFMR, an order of magnitude greater than the other sites and whole that's much greater than the sum of its parts, all of which are worthy of a read and often a deep study

As for presidents, they are useful as toilet paper and equally disposable. Give me control of Goldman Sachs and I don't care who prints the presidents. GS controls a dozen countries and a couple of economic unions

Thank you for this post. It's an eyeopener and thoughtful

Cheers

Craig

AGXIIK

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 2:31pm
SilverSurfers
-
Laguna Beach, CA

Finance and Liberty

Video unavailable
Video unavailable
Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 2:51pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 2:56pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 3:03pm (Reply to #20790)
silver66

If thinking were easy everyone would do it

My observations have been in line for the most part with GL.

On mainstreet I have noticed if I write an experiential post or a very emotional post, it tends to get more hat tips than when I post a action oriented or link to a piece of information that requires more intense focus. Now neither one is good nor bad.

I concluded that people are moved to action quicker by emotion than by intellect. Maybe that's why in the old days of war they tried to shoot the bugler first, so he could not inspire the troops....LOL.

Seriously, that is why I read books on persuasion so that I can better understand how, TPTB, marketers, politicians try to use my hardwiring against me.

I think cognitive dissonance plays into this observation. If people think and find a post in conflict with their perception of the world, then they have a choice. Change and incorporate the idea or point into their life or don't. However if they believe the idea to be true and they don't change then this will create internal conflict and most seek to avoid conflict. Whereas if there is an emotional component then there is the opportunity to externalize the emotions and not have to experience cognitive dissonance... Hence it is easier to take the easier emotional route than the thinking introspection route ....how is that for pop psychology

Of course some posts are just plain funny and not relevant to the above observation

Silver66

p.s. won a ham in the Easter Trap shooting contest at my local club yesterday, I say it was skill, many would argue luck

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 3:21pm (Reply to #20796)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 3:23pm (Reply to #20796)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Sat, Mar 31, 2018 - 4:11pm (Reply to #20790)
ancientmoney
-
Madison, WI

Rappaport's article on stock market casino...

I thought pretty much everyone here on DOTS knows it is a casino run by the insiders. Especially since 2009, since then it has been going up on a 30 degree 9or higher) angle.

While I agree that the stock market can be weaponized against a sitting president, to a degree, Rappaport is closer to its real purpose as he disclosed how it is weaponized against the little people, by fleecing them up one side and down the other.

That is why so many of us are stackers.

randomness