Hat Tips: 15311
Music

Thanks for the songs NWD

NW VIEW

Nana
Nana's picture
Hat Tips: 13828
Where Your Heart Is There Is Your Treasure

Matthew 6:20- But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

6:21- For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also

JustDale
JustDale's picture
Hat Tips: 1225
A Cappella Hymn Singing

It was for my joy and to my comfort to stumble onto this YouTube channel last night:

https://www.youtube.com/user/sesamonte

Another long and lonely sleepless night was made to seem quite the opposite by the simplicity, the sweetness, and the sacred timbre that seemed to imbue all that I found and heard here.  I thought, perhaps, it was merely personal preference that made these hymns seem so suitable and agreeable to my soul.  After all, I am a man who enjoys ample time and opportunity to attempt to fill the night-watches with things simple, and sweet, and sacred...like listening to 'Pilgrims Progress' on audio files:

https://archive.org/details/PilgrimsProgress      (1, 5-12, 2-4)

But then I happened onto this...

...and I began to wonder if, perhaps, there was more to be said for the reason of the deep enjoyment that ravished my soul as I lay under the influence of these many psalms, and hymns, and spiritual songs (some old, yet many new to me)...All performed A Cappella.

This concept, as a matter of faith, is utterly new to me, and I desire to hear the considerations of Any and All.  Whatever those may be, there is an undeniable purity (IMO) that attends such songs, so sweetly sung.

NWD  

JustDale
JustDale's picture
Accidental Thread

Confusion and dim-wittedness caused the 'accidental' birth of this thread.  On the day the old Forums were 'Archived', I started this thread as a continuation of Thread of Faith.  It never crossed my mind to re-use the old (same) title.

Anyway, since it's here, I may use it to keep my 'personal' treasure close at hand, rather than to hunt for it every time I desire to make use of it.  To that end...

Obviously, what's mine is yours.    NWD

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Hat Tips: 6187
The Lord led You

Dale, you have such a wonderful gift with words.

I believe the Lord led you to make this thread.

I had a dream two nights ago, and in the dream two questions kept being raised, Who will stand? Who will speak for Me?

The Lord was asking who will stand?

Who will speak?

Dale, I believe that as times progresses, more "Speakers"will fall into the watered down mush of  the unity of Faiths.

The new counterfeits.

What is happening to todays Believer's, deception is rampant.

The Falling Away is under way.

Big Time.

See here, as an example, exhibit one;

Ecumenicalism.

A melding of all Faiths.

'Evangelicals', under Kenneth Copeland, are the latest converts to the Popes call for the daughter churches to come home to Momma.

The "Protest" is over according to the Pope, and Tony Palmer, (R.I.P.).

Let Bygones be Bygones, is the Popes refrain.

Tony Palmer was the Popes point man.

Tony, an modern Anglican Bishop, was the Pope's spokes person, sent to convince Protestants, the 'Reformation' had ended and everyone is expected to go back to Rome, and the Popes authority and forget the Inquisition, Church History, and other nasty bits of the Roman Church's History, things like persecution, torture and murder of millions of Saints, bits like selling indulgences to sinners to get out of hell free no matter the sin. etc.

Also, to forget about Salvation by works, 'Grace alone' is now ok with the Catholic Ecclesiarch, so all is well.

No more Rift.

Really?

Nothing about the different Ten commandments, Sunday worship, Idols, Relics, non- Biblical Doctrine and Tradition etc.

The Protest is not over, the Reformation started by Luther, nor is the Jesuit/Papal anti-Reformation, both are being ramped up in these Last Days, imo.

The Authority of the Holy Bible is still under relentless attack, non biblical dogma is given equal or higher Authority than the Word of God, the Divinely inspired Holy Scriptures.

The Pope doesn't believe the Bible anyway, it is just a guide, along with all the other catechisms, that men have cooked up over the years.

Tradition and History are more important to the Pope.

Men over God, imho.

Eccumenicalism

Eccumenicalism was a big part of the Vatican Councils, Vatican One, and Vatican Two, it has been brewing many years, ground work slowly being laid.

One size fits all Religion, mushy, without any real purpose except to lead away from the real Truth, in the interest of not offending anyone, thereby offending everyone.

Many Protestant Mainstream Denominations have taken the Bait hook line and sinker, gone back to the Woman, the

"the self proclaimed Mother Church", helped along by all the "Freemasons" in positions of power within protestant Church governing Bodies.

It is a lock.

Deception is rampant, Jesuits in the Catholic Church, Freemasons in the the Protestant.

The humble Man seeking God has formidable enemies, wolves in sheeps clothing trying to devour Him at every turn.

Who will speak for Him, who will stand for Him?

Come out of Her my people, renounce your Big Church, get a Bible, get on your knees, and pray to God, confess Jesus, ask forgiveness, ask God to lead you to salvation and to fill your heart with his Holy Spirit.

Pray in the the name of Jesus, ask to be baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. 

Amen.

Praise the Lord you have been saved to eternal life , now read that Bible.

Let the Holy Scriptures speak for Him, they are God's words, let them speak to your heart Seekers.

Praise Jesus.

Praise the Lord.

No the Protest is alive and well, Praise Jesus.

Being a Bible believing Born again Christian, will in future cause these same denominational Churches to persecute you for not falling inline with the new one world religion.

Count on it.

Who will stand for Him?

Who will speak for Him?

Preaching the Gospel, will get you imprisoned, and possibly killed in the not too distant future imho.

The Truth will prevail for those with eyes, and ears, many within these Denominations will See and Hear, and come out of Her my People.

Praise the Lord.

Falling away, exhibit two;

Emergent.

Emergent Church, no Bible, No Jesus required.

Too much negativity with the Bible and Biblical Jesus, we will just pick and choose what we like and forget the rest, it will be great, many congregations will crop up now it  is all so lovey dovey.

So inclusive, so tolerant, so politically correct.

Entertainment, self growth, self enlightenment, self, selfself and more self, no judgement allowed, judgement will be frowned upon too negative.

"Come out of Her my People."

Exhibit Three.

Chrislam.

This is far and away the most ridiculous, on the face of it, we don't even worship the same God, but don't let that get in the way of a good counterfeit religion, God really has nothing to do with this one, so it should be a stupendous success.

The similarities of the Faiths should smooth over any trivial things like a different God, and a different Jesus.  [/sarc.]

Protestants will have more trouble with this one than Catholics, imo.

Catholics have some similarities with muslims, in their beliefs.

Catholics Revere, and worship Jesus' Mother Mary, and also worship Fatima a holy visionary, Mohamed had a daughter named Fatima, also considered a holy woman, very much revered

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatimah

Fāṭimah bint Muḥammad (Arabic: فاطمة‎ Fāṭimah ;[pronunciation 1] born c. 605[6][7] or 615[8] – died 28 August 632) was a daughter of theIslamic prophet Muhammad and Khadijah, wife of Ali and mother of Hasan and Hussein,[9] and one of the members of Ahl al-Bayt.[6][7]She became the object of great veneration by all Muslims, because she lived closest to her father and supported him in his difficulties, because of the historical importance of her husband and her two sons, and because she is the only member of Muhammad's family that gave him descendants, numerously spread through the Islamic world and known as Fatimid.[6]

For Muslims, Fatimah is an inspiring example and Fatimah is one of the most popular girl's names throughout the Muslim world.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fátima,_Portugal

The Sanctuary at Fátima was constructed over time in or near the area of Cova da Iria, where the three children witnessed the Marian apparitions ofOur Lady of the Rosary (later known as Our Lady of Fátima by parishioners and pilgrims). The sanctuary includes various buildings, shrines and monuments to the religious, political and social consequence of the event dispersed throughout a complex of open panoramas and vistas dominated by the Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary and the Church of the Holy Trinity. Central to the complex is the small Chapel of the Apparitions and its shelter, where legend suggests many of the events of the apparitions took place and where the first pilgrims venerated the Marian apparitions.

Muslims revere Mary as well, both have a repetitive prayer style, both have Prayer beads, both have holy relics, etc.,  in many countries catholic Churches and Mosques are situated across the street from each other.

They have a history of getting along, muslims consider catholics the only Christians.

So there is a little room to compromise due to the similarities and relatively cordial historic relationship.

Catholics, don't believe in the infallible nature of the Bible, the Pope is infallible, and God's representative on Earth, the Vicar of Christ, equal in stature to God, called the 'Holy Father',  as Protestants refer to the Almighty, only as 'Holy Father'.

There are similarities between Catholics and muslims religions.

Chrislam is the melding of both, plus Judaism.

I have no idea how this is supposed to work.

Anyone can join, as long as you leave Jesus, outside, we have a new improved more politically correct jesus for everyone to consider.

Not the Son of God, but a messenger, a messenger that comes back to help the Mahadi (the muslim messiah) kill Jews and Christians.

[The Mahadi (the muslim Messiah), would equate to a biblical anti- Christ, set to kill Jews and Christians.]

[Small things like that shouldn't create any problems, melding the two, heck it should be easy.[/ sarc].

"Come out of Her my people.

Oh and leave that old Bible outside too, you won't be needing that either.

So just a recap, join our new religion, leave Jesus outside, leave your Bible outside, (too many rules in there anyway), we will fill you in on all the details of your new religion, just as soon a our committee gets beyond the final draft.

Should be shortly, just a few stickily details to iron out, tithing amounts, appropriate prayer compass direction, unholy foods, and we need to write a really good holy book, and get some really cool logos.

Oh ya, we are going to need some kind of Book.

Writers wanted, must speak with perceived authority, experience not required./sarc

When all or any number of new religions come along, New Age, or whatever, when any of the above get finished up, well we are going to need a leader, who might that be you ask?

Where do all the Leaders, of all the countries go, everyone of them who is of any import, to the Vatican of course.

Who doesn't go and bow before the Pope of Rome?

Leaders go and Bow, before Pope Francis.

Maybe Pope Francis should lead all this unitized one world religion, He seems the obvious choice, since all the worlds Governors, and I mean all, come and bow before Him.

Well not surprisingly the Pope has been asked to do it and He said he would consider it.

[I think, He might of asked, to be asked. [ jmho.]

All led by the Pope of Rome.

Both Simone Perez, retired PM of Israel, and the US government has asked the Pope to be a sort of overseer, a peace keeper,

a leader of sorts, to facilitate the merger of all religions.

The Head of the New One World religion.

The UN has asked, as well.

Pretty much everybody is asking except Bible believing Born again, Spirit within Christians.

Us, the very few, us the little group of Spirit filled Christians, who believe the Bible is the Word of God.

We who immerse ourselves in His 'Word' looking for the Truth, the Way, the Life.

We who are fully surrendered to Christ Jesus, Son Of God, He who Died for Us, He who was raised up three days later.

He who ascended to Heaven to sit at the right hand of God the Father, to intercede on our behalf after having accomplished the full atonement for all mankind's sin.

Through the sacrificial blood atonement, the finished work of the Cross, defeating death, and the grave, redeeming all who believe unto Life.

Everlasting Life in God's Kingdom, as Sons and Daughters of God Almighty.

Forever.

Praise Jesus Praise the Lord.

Glory and Honour unto the Most High Holy Father in Heaven.

Amen 

A One World Religion

Hmmn, where have I heard that before, o yah the Bible, something about a One World Religion , One World Financial System (currency), One World Government (political system.)

Led by a certain man rule over the whole ball of wax.

(the Anti- Christ)

I think the Pope will be the Head of the One World Religion.

He is well liked and seems a humble man, even though He is the Worlds most powerful Man.

Period, bar none.

Most Powerful.

I do think this will come to pass.

Who else could do it?

He will take control through Peace, the anti Christ ascends to power through Peace, and smooth words.

Will He be the Anti-Christ, I don't know.

Will he stand up and speak for Christ?

No. He won't.

Only the Word of God can do that, no Man can, unless "thus saith the Lord' is placed on his tongue by God Almighty.

Man can read the Gospel as it is written, and Proclaim the truth contained therein.

Scripture explains Scripture, interpretation of Scripture is by Scripture, a verse may be witnessed by two or three other verses, to impart and so as receive understanding to rightly divide the Word of Truth.

But interpretation is from God not man, should anyone boast.

Amen.

With Love and Friendship,

God Bless this Thread, Brother Dale.

Who shall stand, who shall speak for Him?

Elijah will come and stand and speak for the Lord, one of the soon to arrive two witnesses.

Praise the Lord God Almighty.

Amen.

foggyroad
foggyroad's picture
Hat Tips: 6187
Holy Spirit

I have been Praying, and meditating on the Scripture's, feeling in a bit of a slump spiritually, so I asked the Lord to show me more, lead my understanding of the Spirit of Truth, the Holy Spirit.

After a couple of days, I was given an insight, although not profound, but still very satisfying, I was shown when I really work at being less drawn to worldly desires, I have been rewarded with an inner peace, a comfort, a closeness to God.

It takes a bit of work, but I found if I kept foregoing, battling desires and wants, denying vanities, I was rewarded with a spiritual comfort.

I suppose this is obvious to more experienced Christians, in fact the whole concept of fasting would point in this direction, but I was really pleased with the result and though I would make note of it here.

I have never fasted for Spiritual reasons, but I think I will be pleasantly surprised when I give it a try.

The God Head, the Father, the Son, and Holy Ghost, is one of God's numerous amazing mysteries, and for me completely intriguing.

What Joy our Father in Heaven is, I am so in love with Him, and He is so kind to show and share.

Ask Him and He will show you how to grow and narrow your walk.

What a Glorious God we serve,

Praise the Lord.

GBY

Keep lookin up.

JustDale
JustDale's picture
A Few Words for a Few Friends ...

As I will be in surgery tomorrow (28th @ 10 AM) for the removal of an 'abdominal wall mass' (Squamous Cell Carcinoma) from my lower abdomen, may I say a word or two tonight?

Approximately 10 days before Christmas my Dad (93 yrs of age w/ Alzheimers; kidney problems, etc.)  took a sudden and deep tailspin healthwise.  In hindsight, we see what happened and things are better now; so much so that I could write a volume about the Lord's goodness to our family, specifically.  I can find no bottom or top in the love of God; nor can I find a beginning or an end to His faithfulness.  He leads us in paths of righteousness for his Name's sake.  He gives us beauty for ashes, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of mourning.  We are cast down but we are not forsaken; we are sorrowful yet rejoicing in the face of our adversities; we are looking for the City of God.

I cannot tell you how near the Lord has been to us ... Changing us, helping us, blessing us, leading us, loving us, guiding us, healing us.  We nearly drown in an ocean of His goodness, and of His mercy.  O, how I wish that the doubters and naysayers could see Jesus through my eyes.  Then they would love Him, as well.

I can't tell you how proud I am of my siblings.  They were magnificent while Dad was in crisis! .. My sisters, Dianne and Kelli, performed tasks that would make their brothers blush, and cringe, and faint!  I told them I thought I'd seen Florence Nightingale(s) in action.  My brothers, Ted and Randy, were wonderful in their own ways.  I have not appreciated my family like I should have; I have not given them, heretofore, the respect, the honor, or the admiration that is due them.  It is somewhat difficult to be a man of my age just now learning things that a child wouldn't stumble over.  "Remember my frame, Father...Remember that I am but dust."

So, we thank God for what we have been through.  We recognize that apart from the Winepress there will be no wine.  And that the Refiner's Fire is for burning off the dross.  Apart from that, I go on my way unhelped ..as do we all.  But through that and from that (Dad's troubles & 7 days in the belly of the beast), we are, on this side of it, spiritually humbled, helped and strengthened.  

By the time Christmas day came, Dad was 3-4 days on the mend.  And it brought us great joy to see him regaining his appetite, gaining relief from some terrible pain, beginning to sleep nearly through the night again, getting some strength back, etc.  But, since then, I see things I never saw before from him .. and I wonder whether or not I am staring at a miracle.  If it isn't a miracle, it's the next-best thing!  I mean, I pretty much 'get' the Alzheimer's thing, but to see an old man's soul prospering in the face of that enemy, is a marvelous thing to behold.  Sometimes, when he smiles, I feel like the whole room has lit up.  He's expressing things he's never expressed before.  The other day, after I fed his dog, I looked at him to make sure what I was doing was OK with him.  He was looking me straight in the eye, and crying.  He said, "Thanks for taking such good care of my dog."  A few weeks ago, that would never have happened (Dad has his 'jobs' and his 'methods', ya' know).  And, these instances where/when God uses my Dad to surprise me are frequent, varied and , formerly, 'out of character'.  And, I judge this tree by it's sweet, sweet fruit.  "Father, I thank Thee."     

As a family, we also experienced the death of a loved one on Christmas day at 7 AM.  As I don't necessarily feel the liberty to say much more, I will simply tell you this:  There are several of us, including especially Connie's immediate family members, who wept on Christmas; yet not without hope.  We love Christ more..now..on the day after Christmas than we did on Christmas Eve; and that is surely proper, right and good..for surely He is about the business of proving His promises true.  What, indeed, can or will separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus?  And who can prevent Him from perfecting that good work which He has begun in us?  

Well, I have said it poorly, at best.  It is too late for a proofread.  I pray I have made some sense.

I cherish the friendships I've made @ TFMR.  And I will be, in the Spirit, thanking the Lord for these as I go about the day tomorrow.  I am, after all, your soul's well-wisher.

Dale

south west medicine
south west medicine's picture
Hat Tips: 375
prayer

I have been praying for you Dale.....nighty as I am up frequently every night.

SWM Carol

JustDale
JustDale's picture
Thank you, Carol ...

We are kindred spirits in more ways than one.  Your message means a lot to me.

The hospital did not require (as originally planned) an overnight stay of me, so I am back at Dad's house.  My surgery wasn't as complicated as we thought it would be, but I am sporting an incision that goes from my left hip to my right, with 2 drains instead of 1.  As a matter of fact, it is nearly time for me to perform my 1st 'drain dump'.  

I sense I am the recipient and the object of the prayers of several.  This I shall 'treasure up in my heart' until my days upon this earth are done.  This morning, before the surgery, I prayed for you, as well, while my brother, at my side, prayed for the circumstances of the day.

Yes, Young Lady, we remain the objects of Christ's peculiar love.  Because of this, I will pray for ..this night..your night.  May the Lord bless you with a good night's sleep...and several in a row.  Failing that, I will ask Him to be so near you that you will feel His presence in your very bones, that your soul may be ravished by the sweetness..and the strength..of His love.  Fear not! ...He will never leave us or forsake us.  He is with us ... always.. in all ways.

My love, in Christ, to you SWM..and to those you love, as well. ... From,  Dale the Just

JustDale
JustDale's picture
"For Connie"

Before you went we watched you go ..
Your head hung down .. Your steps were slow.
Your heart was broken, this we know ..
But God within thee makes thee whole.

O, Daughter Dear, for thee we weep ..
As you your precious promise keep ..
And go to God your Christ to meet..
To wash, with tears, His precious feet.

O, Sister Dear, we miss thee sore ..
We want to see your face once more ..
To touch your cheek just once before,
You see His face and you kiss your Lord.

O, Mother Dear, can you see me standing broken? ..
Can you hear the words I've left unspoken? ..
Grief and sorrow are mine..unbending tokens ..
Of Great Missteps; and gifts I leave unopened.

Yet, though we groan..and weep..and pray ..
Deep down we know you've won the Day ..
And we, like you, would fly away ..
Should Christ but bid us .. "Come ..and stay."

So Connie Dear, enjoy thy peace..
Wait for us on that Golden Street. ..
We'll meet you there where pain has ceased ..
And we'll sup with you at the Marriage Feast!

O Father Dear, we bless Thy name ..
And loudly do Thy praise proclaim ..
We only ask..for us..the same ..
..as Thou gavest Connie .. In Jesus'name.

12/28 ... Connie is a near relative. Connie endured much before she ever suffered from a brain tumor(s). I am not free tell her story. Connie died on Christmas morning.

I Run Bartertown
I Run Bartertown's picture
Hat Tips: 16153
Endure

Endure - A word that I fear will offer little warmth now, Brother Dale. Little warmth, but perhaps some type of hope. 'Endure? Just endure? This, surely, I can do.'

"Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy."
James 5:11, KJV

Matthew 24:13King James Version (KJV)

"13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved."

Nana
Nana's picture
Hat Tips: 13828
Dale

Dale, you have been in our prayers for a while now as are others on this site.

I am so happy to hear you are home and doing well.

south west medicine
south west medicine's picture
Hat Tips: 375
Dale "the Just" God is so good

Amazing to me how God shares His love through the body of Christ.  Dale He does just that through your kind words.

I have often thought that if I could paint a picture of my life before I met Christ. A picture that clearly expressed all the fear, sadness and hopelessness that was part of it and then a second picture showing all that He as done to change that, surely the contrast would  convince many to surrender to our Lord.  Sometimes even I find it hard to believe the change and opportunities He has brought  into my life.......Miracle!  

I look forward to meeting you you Dale...someday, at the "Table"angel  

With continue prayers for you and your family and with Gods love SWM- carol 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "Stacking Treasure in Heaven"