92 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 9:47am FJ
treefrog
-
Xanadu, FL

farmer john,

directions to spring:

from downtown(?) arroyo hondo, your choice at any intersection is to take the DOWNhill turn. this will take you to a trestle bridge over the river. across the river, the road ascends the mesa in a series of switchbacks. at the first switchback there is a pullout with enough room for three or four cars. park here and take the footpath downslope and downriver. it isn't difficult, but the slope is strewn with refrigerator sized rocks. i have never seen anyone in the spring with clothing on, but i suppose it's possible.

on the way back, there is a path that follows the river's edge. don't take it. it deadends, and you'll have to backtrack.

there is a very nice picnic site/river access on the left bank just downstream from the bridge. it is the confluence of rio hondo and rio grande. one of my favorite spots.

seen here with a treefrog and minnie the wonder dachshund.

this is reached by a side road to the left a hundred yards or so before you get to the bridge.

i've been to truchas, nice place. i envy you your summers at elevation in new mexico. not the winters.

enjoy the spring.

treefrog land and cattle co.
Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 9:57am treefrog
FJ

Awesome man, thanks. Going to

Awesome man, thanks. Going to work on Truchas Peak here shortly, should be interesting week, there's Gold in them there hills ya know :~)

New Mexico is an amazing place, a landscape blessed with beauty. We make a point to enrich our souls with its bounty each and every day.

Peace

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 10:26am Au15xAg
FJ

B, Please ignore this noise,

B,

Please ignore this noise, the "High OI" actaully is nothing of the sort, but historically fairly close to average run rates for Silver this year... The Guru's quoting this lose sight of the facts - these will roll forward and you will see them decline over the next few days to a weeks.

The assumption/thesis/hyperbole in which China is surrounding the COMEX is patently absurd... What do they gain? Breaking the Bank is how this has been positioned... this is laughable were it not so detrimental to the Silver Community.

It is well understood the COMEX is a mirage on every front.

The PBOC is not interested in accumulating more crappy IOU's from the United States, no. They are for more interested in acquiring resources both hard and soft to replace them. Mexico and Peru are the players to watch in the Silver space. As I pointed out: Peru the world's 3rd largest producer... increased production 7.87% YOY and yet cut net exports by 25%... they are hoarding their production.

Please understand, SILVER Demand is down YOY Globally, it is not up an away, regardless of the US Mint Purchases, these are but a small fraction of overall demand. It is a positive, but it continues to reflect the inability for most to purchase GOLD. Not an exceedingly bullish econometric by any measure.

GOLD will be the currency of Energy, Silver... everything else. This is what these Development Banks are ALL about... it is their mission to convert ENERGY to Honest money and break free of the usurious Petro-Dollar (AKA Money from Nothing, but certainly not for Nothing).

Too much emphasis is being placed on Silver, far too much. The recent craze is use in Catalytic Converters - for 20+ year this has been a non-starter as Silver is simply not effective as a "Catalyst" it decay in reactions far too quickly.

Cross this off the list of HOPEY. It is frankly not going to happen. Russia controls Platinum supplies worldwide, China many rare earth's... I'd suggest this BS Pandemic for Silver merely serves as an excuse... and at the moment not for the benefit of Silver hoarding Seditionistas. They are going to be spanked again and again, until GOLD begins it's revaluation.

Only then will Silver follow, the one exception would be expansive WARs... as Silver is vital to the MID. Beyond this, it will follow, then eventually lead as it has in prior turning points in the metals.

We are witnessing an outright and extreme collapse of Global growth... Leading Nations outside the Anglo-Sphere do not focus upon GNP/GDP but instead make a very careful consideration of "Prosperity" - 180 degrees from our Keynesian dismal Scientists.

There is far too much drama surrounding the metals presently and with it a great deal of emotional discourse spewed forth in irrational and unfounded diatribes which serve to damage the community at large.

Time is on our side, it will be an interesting ride.

In my humble opinion it is important to recognize, a flip of the Hyper-Inflationary switch is what shall be required to vault Gold to it's Monetary Status the balance of the Globe so desires, they'll wait for the US to drown itself and rightfully so, until then they'll continue to pass their notes under the table, play the game and accumulate as many resources as possible.

We simply need to watch, tune out all the Bullshit that is rampant and follow "Actions" not the words or opinions of those who generally send more time speaking than listening.

Believe the opportunity in Energy will be significant, far more so than the metals for now, timing as they say is everything.

We will setup a very profitable CL/QM trade for those interested. Gold & Silver Hoarders need to broaden their horizons, this all in - one basket approach is very narrow...

93% of my cash equivalent wealth is stored in PM's but it has been for a long time... I continue to buy Silver presently. Energy, Land and the resources to grow high quality, low EROEI food is my focus.

Be well :~)

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 10:44am
FJ

EM Date 10242014

As the ES was held together during the O/N session Friday's low volume 1/2 size day will, no doubt, be an interesting whipsaw. The gap is above...

Crude Oil has made a slow return below the pit 80.85 pivot (CL Pit traders use .55 & .85 as their swing pivots intraday). This signals the intent to move price lower, the recent lows below the 79.85 pivot are well below the 50 Day SMA @ 90.82.

CL looks broken, and headed for 78 prior to any retracements. CL usually peaks in August and forms a seasonal low in December. We appear well on this trajectory and while supply is plentiful now, there will be constraints as we move forward into year end. Russia has effectively told the Anglo-Sphere Plutocrats - пожалуйста отвали or loosely translated - Please Fuck Off.

I lived in Russia back in the early 90's - spent a great deal of time in Volgograd and Moscow as well as a period traveling the "Stans." And was fortunate enough to be in country for the collapse of the Ruble. Quite an amazing event and the first time I needed to avoid gunfire in my life.

Mother Russia has abused her citizenry more than any other nation in history, it is tragic what Uncle Joe did during his reign of terror - between 60 - 80 million souls perished. The Bolsheviks are a nasty bunch, they are present today well entrenched, hidden just inside the shadows, but remain ever present in Zionist forms of occupation everywhere.

The attempts to move oil prices lower should succeed in reaching the 68 level or thereabouts barring anything untoward, which in the Ukraine... it's too cold to fight until Spring 2015. This leaves Syria as the hornet's nest for the balance of 2014 and well into 2015, we should carefully watch Africa as well. The 4,000 troops heading there as well a great number of Pentagon Merc's are not going to shoot Ebola... no, they have a different assignment altogether.

Why the heavy focus on Crude Oil?

Simple - energy creates everything, not money.

Europe will experience an interesting Winter.

Mamayev Kurgan will see to it should the West continue its follies.

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 10:53am FJ
FJ

China Cuts Saudi Oil Imports Amid Colombia Shipment Boost

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 11:20am
FJ

Gro baby Gro

There is a very slick Farm Planning/CSA tool in Alpha/Beta development at present, I'm diving into the Coursework in early November and am going to Beta developer for them. Once this is flushed out, it should be an incredible tool for growers and CSA planning... hey Stuart, you need this :~) It is a relational DataBase as opposed to Excel, which is great for spreadsheets but utterly horrific for Farm Planning as updates are simply too dysfunctional and it is far too easy to screw up, particularly when multiple people are engaged in using the system. It has a Slick CSA component and would serve the upcoming Stuart Cooperative very well. Will share with Cory when he is caught up and comfortable as it is truly a wonderful tool for planning and managing CSA.

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 11:23am
FJ

Alt Energy on the Inland Farm

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 11:25am
FJ

Alt Energy Urban Farm

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 11:29am
FJ

Florida Farm - Stuart

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 11:30am
FJ

Entirely Above Ground - Micro Intensive

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 11:31am FJ
FJ

EDU SF NDF

More vital than PM's in my humblest of opinions :~)

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 11:45am FJ
treefrog
-
Xanadu, FL

stuart farm pic

west at the top. no?

treefrog land and cattle co.
Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 11:46am treefrog
FJ

North.

North.

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 11:56am FJ
FJ

7Gal Bato's cranking out those General Lee's :~)

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 11:58am FJ
FJ

Romaine, Butterhead & Lollo Reds

https://postimg.org/image/5ncn1pwuz/ 80,000 head a turn :~)

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 12:00pm FJ
FJ

Another 20K staging for 15gal CFCNDFs

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 12:04pm FJ
FJ

36 Block Citrus Grove -

Persians, Flames and Eurekas - https://postimg.org/image/k87rz3m5t/

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 12:06pm
FJ

ES +9 @ 55, perfect end to the week would be a quick poke in

the eye of hedgers into close, say 1966... or nearby. Cash should settle out on a squeeze of protection that goes on into close... always fun to watch on Friday's and has been 80% win on picking pockets of an easy trade.

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 12:10pm
FJ

CL - Micro Long breaks, 15 & 60 should follow

Like to see the 3PM flush and dunk into close below 80.55... be real nice for the Sunday evening warrior smackdown. 82 was the long held free-sistance... something clearly changed in structural terms as it has given way, unable to hold for more than a few days... not a spectacular sign for growth nor Gasoline Sales Tav Revs... but then the sheer lack of money velocity has only served to reduce turns in NET GOV INC.... so they credit themselves with even more Debt.

Lovely.

Fri, Oct 24, 2014 - 12:13pm
FJ

Remote Key Fob

Neumeyer may want to remote start his car for the next few years and avoid small planes for as long.

Pioneers, well... it's the settlers who gain.

randomness