Enquiring Minds

92 posts / 0 new
Last post
FJ
FJ's picture
Enquiring Minds

Hello and welcome, 

The objective of this thread is to provide a sanctuary for those seeking discussion on a broad number of subjects, free of the secular and divisive "programming" - as well as further attributes to be assimilated by one and all participating. 

We intend to attract & retain a diverse group of considerate and respectful talent(s) to share our obligation to one another while looking toward the future with a positive approach - however dysfunctional & dystopic the future present itself.

Peace and welcome.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:05
AGXIIK
AGXIIK's picture
Hat Tips: 7600
new to this site---overstressed old man living on Silver Doctors

Hello Farmer John and Charlie   I'll pop in now and then to see how the other half engages in board posts

Cheers

AGXIIK

FJ
FJ's picture
overstressed old men

Seems to be we are in no country for that pardner :~)

Be well AGX

FJ
FJ's picture
1966.75 LIS for SPX @ 50SMA -

1966.75 LIS for SPX @ 50SMA - Up and away after a back test of 1904ish or a break of lows and look out below and off to 1220s.

ESF Prop-desk: Kudos to you.

Metals, you gotta luv it... cheaper Silver for which the Au:Ag swap has become a near full time position.

CL/QM appears to be rolling to 78 soon, looking for 68s as the seasonal low (December) barring a further outbreak of warish behaviours by our kleptocratic overhoards.

FJ
FJ's picture
Fear of Flyin

Have logged too many hours in small planes the past week, thankfully cheated death once again. Managed to pickup some Silver Maples in Colo-Springs from a friend who had gone all in at $32, now selling small chunks of his hoard to chase the ProGo lap dancers... interesting times indeed. Silver is tight in every local market I have been to over the past ten days, amazing... 300 maples is considered a Huge Supply in some locales.

New Mexico's got nothing going on at present. Looks like an Okie kinda life for the next month on the road to explore possibilities of our present arrangements, thank the stars people need to eat... employment security for now, although Soylent Green comes to mind...

FJ
FJ's picture
LBMA Gold Price Seminar

Friday - October 24, 2014 @ 12:00

Bespoked Saville Row Threads required: Merchant Taylors' Hall, 30 Threadneedle Street, London EC2R 8JB.

LBMA Six Members and Bank Of the Crown only, Gold Hoarding Seditionistas' wholly unwelcome.

FJ
FJ's picture
AMZN blowtorched again for

AMZN blowtorched again for 10%, Morgan Stanley having a great deal of success so far as the newly crowned Ag headhunter... odds favor some heavy volatility ahead.

SPY had some rejetion @ 100SMA, so Algo bots will now attempt an O/N throw over once again or it's back to 1904ish.

It seems remarkable we have freed ourselves from the servitude of anything resembling balance, oddly enough it appears to be embraced. The "Gag for It" moment should arrive shortly after we repeat the "toss the bums out" once again.

Growth will re-enter the pandemic that is the art of distraction once again. Ebola should ratchet up to a higher degree of annoyance and paranoia. Smart phones in Africa do not appear to be nearly as alarmist, one would think there should a plethora of dismal scenery emanating from the Congo, yet it is remarkably quiet.

Nothing has changed, well... cautionary tales appear to be increasing in din among the master class, are we there yet, the point of recognition whereby growth is cast beyond doubt and an accepted "new normal" - enquiring minds stand below the bullhorns edifice, carefully gaging the reverberations - at a moments notice.

As this side shows chapter concludes and the train is loaded, the elephants will be left to fend for themselves unable to keep pace with the hasty retreat as the trains all leave for the desert. 

Propaganda is failing, loathsome as it may be, it has been an extraordinarily effective tool. Feed a little bit of line out, shine up the spinners and add a little burnt motor oil to increase the bite potential. Denial is everywhere, in plain sight although it appears the extreme marginal believer has caught on to the simple fact we cannot mortgage the future, saddle generations to come with debt and preserve the said neglect for further generations without serious consequences. As fate would have it - far too gruesome to contemplate for too long.

The message track has hardly changed in 67 months, all good, regardless of how bad and with it the balance of those nearing the tipping point of awareness/awakening are fairly rare.

One must wonder at the real agenda/message being passed under the table.

FJ
FJ's picture
CME - Gold

CME - Gold Stocks

http://s15.postimg.org/rssad7jl7/Screen_shot_2014_10_23_at_5_04_18_PM.png

FJ
FJ's picture
Looks as though JPM had a

Looks as though JPM had a decent day @ 321K.

FJ
FJ's picture
http://www.theepochtimes.com/

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1036138-dominic-adesanya-idd-as-white-house-fence-jumper-instagram-photos/

Interesting

treefrog
treefrog's picture
Hat Tips: 10390
farmer john,

i was in your neighborhood last month.   saddened by the continuing touristification of taos.  no place to park, zillions of people.  even after the kiddlies were back in school, the whole scene was a faux - adobe themed traffic jam.

black rock hot spring in arroyo hondo was nice, though.  some things don't change.  i guess it's the two hundred yards of scrambling over rocks (each way) that keeps the hordes away.  that and dirt roads with trestle bridges. 

treefrog land and cattle co.

FJ
FJ's picture
Howdy, Funny thing - I had

Howdy, Funny thing - I had not been back since 1987 and the change is astounding.

We live outside of Taos in Truchas @ 8200 feet with a view of the peaks and no neighbors, a spectacular place to chill after several years on a boat, dry land is welcome as is the dry climate. 

The Pinion burns for hours and keeps me in shape as it's 6 hours to rip a cord, the stuff is dense. I'll check out the hot springs, thanks for the tip.

It is perplexing to think of what all these artists will do when their business contracts, although they are very self sufficient bunch...

Another shocker... I soon discovered Heroin is back in Vogue in a huge way... sign o' the times s'pose. At least the air cleans up after the dummy dust is checker-boarded.

Be well, If you need a place to chill when you're back this way, look me up.

FJ
FJ's picture
Paying close attention to

Paying close attention to Asia this evening, will be interesting to see the bite sizes as the Gang of Six will be back again tomorrow - Friday, which has returned to a low volume affair once again, this could provide the opportunity for a shove down to re-test 1217.50 our LIS (line in sand) should this fail we will setup a 1204-08 backtest gapfill.

Could be a long weekend and a very dicey Sunday evening.

Should the prior lows give way, perhaps we will see the final washout of the Scotsmen - Hagus all around.

GC - http://postimg.org/image/6daww0ahb/

FJ
FJ's picture
WAs just suggested the 10

Was suggested the 10 tons went straight to their former haunts now presently owned by the PBOC :~)

FJ
FJ's picture
Sold this "alternative

Sold this "alternative habitat" to a gentleman moving to Mexico, a welder he had some very interesting ideas for how to integrate his yellow dawg into the Frame as well as convert it into a rolling condo. Will miss it, 425hp Stroker, open headers, in short a beast. Had no trouble scaling the high road to Taos with 7000lbs of Happy Frog aboard.

Adios amigo - http://postimg.org/image/ivl4h2tr7/

Au15xAg
Au15xAg's picture
Hat Tips: 8
New to forum

Exciting to be in...Turd has put together (along with his initial faithful) an excellent, excellent site. Well structured, clean to maneuver and full of premier content.

Farmer J, thank you for the vision to create this thread and due diligence to actually do it! Really looking forward of ideas to "live in the solution" and some of the wise nuggets that will help to evaporate the disinfo!

Regards

FJ
FJ's picture
Hey B, Good to see you~!

Hey B,

Good to see you~! Yeah, waaaaaaay chill over here.

Diggit :~)

FJ
FJ's picture
Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia,

Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, the Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Uzbekistan and Vietnam - ALL signed a Memorandum of Understanding to establish the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank. 21 Countries who, by the end of 2015 will be operating an Inter-Governmental Development Bank out of Beijing.

*** They were cautious to refer it this assemblage of Eastern Nations as an "Institution" and not a Bank. :~)

FJ
FJ's picture
Singapore PM Co. BullionStar

Singapore PM Co. BullionStar has decided it will lead by example - paying employees in, wait for it.... GOLD.

Hooray for Honest Money~!

FJ
FJ's picture
Sapient, the CME & Thomson

Sapient, the CME & Thomson Reuters, U.S. derivatives bourse Intercontinental Exchange, the LME and broker ICAP's online platform EBS will present their proposals at a seminar on Oct. 24, the LBMA said in a statement on Friday.

Their stated objective - Inclusion of institutions outside of merely the Six Tiered Banks.... Mining Companies, Broker and Refiners are all being encouraged to participate in what is claimed to be a new and improved, far more transparent exchange.

Appears they are rolling the Sector up into a "Trading Unit" whereby they will exercise far more control.

Au15xAg
Au15xAg's picture
Hat Tips: 8
Open Interest/COTS- what is it, do we care?

Farmer,

Been in the PMs for many years holding the Phyzz. Traded Equity Options for some time and get how the "Open Interest" works there, but if you would answer me these (or refer me to applicable link, etc),

?- How is the OI metric defined in the commodity space, specifically the "COMEX" and Silver :).

?- Is there any valuable insights that can be gained from say a "High OI" in a particular month.

Some still use the COTS weekly report to try to discern possible future movements. I have read the data is "compromised" and cannot be trusted, but again see where some sound guys reference it.

?- Is the COTS data worth reviewing and logging if you will looking for any trends.

*Note: I do not trade the Futures, but if I had some fairly reliable insight that say in next weeks/month PMs could be getting hit and go down, I may forgo that "Monster Box o' Maples" until then :)

Regards

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Enquiring Minds"