The British..er... Rothschilds are coming

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, Oct 23, 2014 - 12:06am
Anonymous

The British..er... Rothschilds are coming

With Americas finest depleted ( the latest Beholder) there is a much larger foreign contigent than normal for the breeders cup. Naturally, the never miss an opportunity thee Rothschilds will be there. As usual their names are in the fine print... Always obscured under layers.... Nonetheless, thus far the distaff is a full field of grade one winners. I'll be relying on the odds for picks. European horses don't have tje overall speed that Americans do. They are race ridden for position and have brilliant turn of foot with tremendous bursts of acceleration. So ill be keeping my eye on the British oddmakers pools. Quite frankly they have humiliated us on the turf and with our best out ( sniff Wise Dan) we dont have a shot. Other races are filling quickly as well. The classic will be full of three year olds. I'm going to stick my neck out an favor VE DAY and he should be at a price. He is much better than his record shows. I really like the tiny undefeated Shared Belief. He's going to bet down deservedly so. However, he ran the race of a lifetime to win last time out. I didn't like what I saw on his gallop out... He stumbled and was blowing hard. If he can pull out this victory he's a super horse. Im approaching this entire card as a handicapper. So I'll be watching him very closely in the post post parade and making last minute wagers. Regardless of my doubts, if he goes off at decent odds. Illl be hammering him at the window Stillmnot on the California Chrome bandwagon. I think he's done until 2015 and he must race next year because of his second tier pedigree. Tonalist, I'm on the fence. The big guy has tons of talent but bad feet. Santa Anita racing surface is like cement. I don't know if will be able to grab the track. Bayern, same as always, he gets loose, he's gone but he's not the only speed in the race and post position will be a factor. Fields are not set and post positions not drawn so not much else to say yet. Oh and I must admit I AM a east coast snob. It's a racing thing been going on for a 100 years or longer. Thought I was above it but I'm not. I did try driving out here in the sticks"..... Bad idea. Let's just say there are a few no parking spaces that are no longer marked as such at local convience store. So for the safety of the general public I'm stuck riding shotgun again. Absolutely no idea when I'll be back in the saddle again. Really hate being hung up. Way to much time to think about crap and folks I despise. I mean if we, me went around saying things like the folks in the public do. They would lock us up.

Edited by: Anonymous on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:01am
randomness