The British..er... Rothschilds are coming

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Hat Tips: 12461
The British..er... Rothschilds are coming

With Americas finest depleted ( the latest Beholder) there is a much larger foreign contigent than normal for the breeders cup.

Naturally, the never miss an opportunity thee Rothschilds will be there. As usual their names are in the fine print... Always obscured under layers....

Nonetheless, thus far the distaff is a full field of grade one winners. I'll be relying on the odds for picks. European horses don't have tje overall speed that Americans do. They are race ridden for position and have brilliant turn of foot with tremendous bursts of acceleration. So ill be keeping my eye on the British oddmakers pools. Quite frankly they have humiliated us on the turf and with our best out ( sniff Wise Dan) we dont have a shot.

Other races are filling quickly as well. The classic will be full of three year olds. I'm going to stick my neck out an favor VE DAY and he should be at a price. He is much better than his record shows. I really like the tiny undefeated Shared Belief. He's going to bet down deservedly so. However, he ran the race of a lifetime to win last time out. I didn't like what I saw on his gallop out... He stumbled and was blowing hard. If he can pull out this victory he's a super horse. Im approaching this entire card as a handicapper. So I'll be watching him very closely in the post post parade and making last minute wagers. Regardless of my doubts, if he goes off at decent odds. Illl be hammering him at the window

Stillmnot on the California Chrome bandwagon. I think he's done until 2015 and he must race next year because of his second tier pedigree. Tonalist, I'm on the fence. The big guy has tons of talent but bad feet. Santa Anita racing surface is like cement. I don't know if will be able to grab the track. Bayern, same as always, he gets loose, he's gone but he's not the only speed in the race and post position will be a factor.

Fields are not set and post positions not drawn so not much else to say yet.

Oh and I must admit I AM a east coast snob. It's a racing thing been going on for a 100 years or longer. Thought I was above it but I'm not.

I did try driving out here in the sticks"..... Bad idea. Let's just say there are a few no parking spaces that are no longer marked as such at local convience store. So for the safety of the general public I'm stuck riding shotgun again. Absolutely no idea when I'll be back in the saddle again.

Really hate being hung up. Way to much time to think about crap and folks I despise. I mean if we, me went around saying things like the folks in the public do. They would lock us up.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:01
Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Update

Ok this is the international superbowl for horse racing.

It's a he'll of a year to handicap because just about every horse entered belongs here and some that do won't compete because of size limitations.

Every workout I've seen is great. That's to be expected. When your at this level workouts are really only a indication of the horses fitness to race. It is no indication of whether the horse will perform on race day. The question is not whether they are ready to go but IF they will go.

Shared belief as I said before will be the favorite but I'd have rather seen him lose his last race to feel comfortable with him in the classic. He got such a brutal trip that a jockey was suspended for hanging him outside so long. He's such a little horse that had to have taken a huge toll on him. I'll repeat I didn't like his gallop out after the race. I'll also repeat if ne wins this race he's a super horse. Hes another one with really bad feet. That's what kept him out of the early year races.

Cali Chromes connections are already with the excuses if their horse doesn't fire. They have bypassed millions for some time

inmthe spotlight. He's such a good looking animal and he is just plain graceful. Very easy to see why hes a fan favorite. But pace makes races, not looks.

I have a few selections but I'll hold back until posts are drawn and the fields are set. It's gonna be hard cuz ofnthendifference in how the foreign horses compete and how they chart performances.

Ayone gambling that day needs to account for the Santa Anita track speed bias. I really do hate that track but I plan on having a fun day. I'm tripling my playing money and gonna just have fun. I can do this because I'm selling the best horse I ever owned or may ever own. Painful but it's what I do and it pays the bills. Plus I'm not foolish enough to believe I can campaign a horse of that calibre.......yet.

On a good note I've actually been able to watch some football. A few pro games and my favorite .... High school games. Was nice to see what big Ben can do when he just plays his game instead of trying to play pretty. I take a win over style any day of the week.

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Oh gee

What a nightmare for the top horses in racing. The EU contigent has been hit too. I've never ever heard of so many horses sick or injured.

Anyway, the remainder are very good horses as we'll and it's really made for some level fields. Gold scents one the few left dominant remaining is in the dirt mile. He is deservedly the favorite but I hate playing the chalk. I like value and I'll be putting him with vicars in trouble and Chilean entry Bronzo.

The distaff I believe is the toughest race on the two day event. Close hatches is the obvious favorite but she has been in top form for too long. Untapable the lovely three year old filly I don't think can overcome Belle Gallante and iotopa.

Juvenile filly turf I'm going way off and picking commemorative at a price and adding hootenanny.

The juvenile turf I'm going with Startup Nation.

I can't be more specific because I won't make my final wagers until the last moments. The first thing I do is find the horses to toss that domt belong. These all belong so I'm gonna have to use my eyes and read their body language. I will still use a A,B,C tickets based on tote odds.

Saturdays card is something else too. Americans will be keyed on the classic but the world is gonna be watching the sprint. In hong kong they will actually close shop to see the race even at that time of day. Asians are insane over racing.

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Oops

Just wanted to say if your watching and have never seen EU jockey Frankie Detorri ride. You might want to watch him if he wins. He's getting older but his winners circle dismount antics are worthy of an Olympic gymnastic score.

He's a riot. He's always in trouble with someone but I like him and he is a top notch reinsman. A lot of these races are going to be won by jockeys and he's one ya wanna watch for sure.

If I don't lose my petticoats, I'll,post Saturday's much larger card. Actually I probably will anyway. One of the best old time gambler I ever met once told me when I asked what do you do when your luck is cold. He looked at me and said, you keep playing. So I reckon Kenny Rogers was wrong.

Oh, oh, I know there are a few serious players on here. For them, keep watching the foreign pools, the odds are just freaking amazin'. Might wanna bite while the bookmakers sheets are in the breeze. I hate plain wps bets but these were too good to pass up.

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Slaughter

Well I took a shellacking today. Once again I failed to bet the chalk and I got what I deserved. If my top horses won my bottom ones faltered. Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Right now I'm just going to give my classic picks off the top of my head. Tonalist with shared belief boxed. Value is VE Day. I really like him. One horse who won't run unless someone scratches Is Big Cazanova. If he gets in this makes a totally different race. He's smoking hot in a race full of speed. Bayern has to go to the lead. The question is will the speedy Moreno go with him. Can pint sized shared belief save ground and not get locked in. He's the target and jockeys are going to race ride him.

I'm also going to add in the very overlooked cigar street.....

Ok the mile turf.... This is hard. This is a race where I'm a fan. I am going to pile on hardest core and pair him with main sequence. This is the EU horses race to lose. Their big guy Magician is a scratch but the rest are damned handy.

I have other picks but I'm tired. Last night a posted a horse in one race who wasn't in that race. So ima stop here.

I hope some of ya got to see Frankie dettori win on hootenanny. He's a nutter "...... Love him tho.

Lastly, I'd be a liar if I said there wasn't a single horse running I wouldn't love to own. To race in these races you have to earn your way in. It's not by earnings or entry fees. I should sit and enjoy but I cant. Playas gotta play

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Correction

In the above post imsaid turf mile. That's wrong ita 1.5 miles and I need to clarify my selections are sentimental. The Europeans are monsters. Telescope is the class of the Field

This 3x's a day therapies and pain pills are killing me. I'm exhausted and it's only 1pm. So I'm relegating myself to fan today. I just can't concentrate.

I will say was shown some skype of shared belief n I don't like what I saw but thy could be keeping him geared down. He really looks tired but great horses overcome. I'd wager if he was a stallion, he would be a scratch. Big cazanova withdrew himself and the horse that can benefit from all this speed is Zivo.

Consider reneesgotzip in The turf zip"

My darn hands just hurt too damn much to type even.

Ruffian
Ruffian's picture
Final thoughts

Best racing card I've seen in ages.

Poor shared belief, I believe for sure he was the best horse in the field. However, he stood no chance at all. He got the hell knocked out of him several times and had to be checked to get straight. He still managed to get up for fourth. He ran a hell of a race.

Take nothing away from Bayern he earned that win. He cut the fractions and unclean starts happen all the time. That is racing. Oh and Cali chrome ran much better than I thought. Too bad they didn't give him a tightener. That was horsecrap jockey riding tho and it wasn't a clean race. A lot of people will be fuming.

I played nothing. Between the grueling therapy and then the drugs I'm taking are leaving me to groggy. I had to force myself to get up and watch. But there is always another day, another horse and another race.

Im just gonna forget this card had several 100k payouts for $1 wagers".......

2014 season is in the history books now.

I absolutely hate Santa Anita but I loved Lucas winning with a 60-1 shot......

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "The British..er... Rothschilds are coming"