Where do I go to get my paycheck?

smiley

"When the student is ready,
the teacher will appear."

I Run Bartertown
I Run Bartertown's picture
Hat Tips: 16153
Me!

Bah, Dr. Fix, you beat me to it because Cass had me in his office giving me a bunch of crap for getting called out here at TFMR.

stephanie
stephanie's picture
Hat Tips: 9983
the possibly paid players

Cris and SSJ think Fix might be paid to be here. On the other side, a number of people think SSJ is paid to be here. (I admit I have thought this myself.) I also got an email from someone claiming GL is paid to be here. I do not think Cris is paid to be here, but I also have admin access and can see who has ordered with a real name and address.

OK guys, hash it out.

(For the record, I do technical work on this website but do not get paid for any personal time I spend commenting - and my opinions are my own. I don't even get paid to write articles here.)

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
Hat Tips: 61369
Stephanie! You're worth more than that.

Stephanie, I for one think you contribute a significant  amount of  value to my experience here,

and I think a raise is long overdue for you.

I'd bring it up with the boss, tell him that Dr. Fix said so!

(I know he thinks us doctors have more credibility than all you folks without a DR in front of your names.)

smileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmiley

As far as I know, his only exception is Dr. Jim Willie devil

stephanie
stephanie's picture
Thank you

BTW, part of the reason I am starting this topic is because sometimes it's helpful to get things out in the open to diffuse stuff a little bit. If people need to fight more about it, fine, but at least if it's kept here it doesn't overtake everything else.

But my feeling is, even if someone is a paid poster, maybe they can learn something by our interactions here. In this case, we can consider whether we can find better ways to communicate with them.

stephanie
stephanie's picture
the "drive by" paid poster

I actually think a more common type of paid poster is the drive-by. On my article about the Austin DA and Rick Perry, a bunch of people I did not recognize suddenly descended upon the topic who were apparent experts in Rick Perry's wrong-doings. Some of those (not all) were probably paid posters who have software that finds anything with a keyword (Rick Perry) and then go and post on those articles.

I noticed, for example, that after the Rick Perry indictment came out, suddenly there were people commenting on every Perry story a lot of complex information designed to take the attention away from the DA's DUI and onto a lot of stuff Rick Perry allegedly did that had nothing to do with his indictment.

We know these types of paid posters do exist, because it is one way the political parties disseminate their talking points. (And actually, it's possible that some of the people posting are volunteers.)

I Run Bartertown
Offer to all

I'll endorse any position you want for 1 ASE per paragraph. enlightened

stephanie
stephanie's picture
BTW, some people have misconstrued my intent here

First of all, the flaming was getting really bad at DOTS (and elsewhere) and I was attempting to diffuse it. It was way out of control.

Also: Some people are not aware that I handle a lot of technical things for the website, so I share that not to say "nyah nyah" or wield power, but just so you aren't surprised to find this out later. Because if I don't say it, then that can upset people. BTW, I'm not some vindictive person that would share personal information just to get back at someone - that's not how I roll.

This has apparently upset some people, and I'm sorry.

The fact is, I fervently wish some of my biggest detractors would calm down and realize I am not a monster. I have had many people (guys) tell me that I would not get so much flack if I were a dude. I don't know if that's true or not, but it saddens me that there's so much hate at this website. I mean, the level of vitriol is just astonishing to me.

Frankly, it's very hurtful, and frustrating. And then it just gets tiring. It honestly makes me consider whether I want to write anything about politics or real issues anywhere on the web, because I just don't like dealing with the amount of mud thrown your way.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I offended anyone here, but my intention was to clear the air. And that's the last I'm going to post here for a while. Please PM me (sooner than later) if you'd like to keep in touch.

I Run Bartertown
Huh?

I seriously hope you don't let anyone chase you away from posting. There must be a lot behind the scenes because all I see is a couple lightweights getting smoked in DOTS for throwing a hissy fit and being rude to you and others. It seems well in hand, why would you go now? If they're getting paid, which I doubt, they're bound to lose that job soon, by virtue of their piss-poor skills of persuasion.

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
Contemplating a paid poster in "Turdville".

Once upon a time,  I did a post on this topic, and it was from the premise that our community was for the most part “troll proof”.

The reason being, most of what is discussed here needs to be backed up with evidence, one way or the other, and given time, a lot of minds are actually changed. This is a fabulous place to learn.

I'm sure that “paid posters” can do well on other sites, in that they can actually  sway the groups opinion one way or another. 

Now in my experience, or at least from what I've read, a paid poster is usually supporting the “official government narrative.”.  I read many articles about the CIA, or the NSA, actually recruiting “trolls”, and even the Obama administration does that when elections matter, and public opinion needs to be shaped.

I just don't think that works here.

Sure, we  occasionally get new members who think they are well-informed, and have no concepts on how deviant and corrupt our government is, and will work to try to support  their position in a discussion, but for the most part, they don't last long.

Liberals for example  will either “start seeing the light”, or leave in a huff, and they turn up on other websites calling our members a bunch of “whack jobs”.

In a recent discussion, the  alleged Dr. known as “cris"  made a statement which I found surprising,

"I am sure the rest of the cyber crew of sycophants you have collected will come to your defense."

This implies that not only am I a troll, but I have also employed a significant amount of manpower to help me in my quest to dominate the opinion on this site. 

This is a pretty outrageous  conclusions to draw, simply because someone can't get anyone else to agree with them.

Sane people usually start looking at their own position, examine the evidence, and see if the  foundation of their position is built on bedrock  or on sand.

When I tell him that his position is built on propaganda, and pure bull shit, he just doubles down on dumb.

I do agree that  entry into any discussion with such a personality is pointless, there can be no learning on either side.

It also comes down to what  narrative you actually believe, for example, my own father believes everything he hears on CNN, NBC, or read in the New York Times.

We do not talk about current events, our perspectives on them are so far out of alignment, there is no common ground.

So I have my narrative, and my dad has his. That's just the way it is.

Over year ago, I was getting a lot of mail from people speculating that Dark Purple Haze was a troll, he was always here, and always jumped in to steer conversation towards a more “acceptable” position.

Conspiracy theorists were not welcome in any discussion.

I pointed out that his “newsfeeds”, were all mainstream news outlets, and that his “worldview was based on the news that he reads.”

He has moved on since, to another website,   and calls us names from afar. 

Whether he was a troll or not, is irrelevant, people who cannot substantiate their position but still wish to engage in arguments, do not last long here.

That's why I think  Turdville  is troll proof,   but then again, I see the possibility of a troll from a completely different perspective then cris, because, I would think that by necessity, a troll would have to be a flaming liberal.

I guess that's why I see so  little potential for them here.

I Run Bartertown
Sounds to me like some weasels

are creating problems for someone at her job because they don't like her opinions.

That is low. I hope no one forgets who did the complaining. How could anyone respect that?

And yes, Dr. Fix, the accusation is particularly absurd in this case because it is the pro .gov side claiming that there is someone out there better funded than them laugh and looking to 'nudge' the public in the opposite direction of Cass Sunstein and .gov's documented paid-poster BS-mongers...

Strongsidejedi
Strongsidejedi's picture
Hat Tips: 11801
As usual, I have a reference...as usual...you do not.

Groupthink: Collective Delusions in Organizations and Markets

Roland Bénabou

NBER Working Paper No. 14764
Issued in March 2009
NBER Program(s):   AP   EFG   IO 

I develop a model of (individually rational) collective reality denial in groups, organizations and markets. Whether participants' tendencies toward wishful thinking reinforce or dampen each other is shown to hinge on a simple and novel mechanism. When an agent can expect to benefit from other's delusions, this makes him more of a realist; when he is more likely to suffer losses from them this pushes him toward denial, which becomes contagious. This general "Mutually Assured Delusion" principle can give rise to multiple social cognitions of reality, irrespective of any strategic payoff interactions or private signals. It also implies that in hierachical organizations realism or denial will trickle down, causing subordinates to take their mindsets and beliefs from the leaders. Contagious "exuberance" can also seize asset markets, leading to evidence-resistant investment frenzies and subsequent deep crashes. In addition to collective illusions of control, the model accounts for the mirror case of fatalism and collective resignation. The welfare analysis differentiates valuable group morale from harmful groupthink and identifies a fundamental tension in organizations' attitudes toward free speech and dissent.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w14764

Cris, myself, and others are NOT paid to be here.

What a crock!  NONE OF US NEED TO BE HERE.

Stephanie, is this is your idea of "moderation"?

Your disinformation is absurdity at its best!

stackaloha
stackaloha's picture
Hat Tips: 2365
@ Stephanie

I truly hope that you do not stop posting here. I do not think that I am to blame in any way for the way that you feel and i hope that is true. We may have butted heads in a forum or two but that's just water under the bridge I hope. I do think that some people who can and do provide value with some of their posts, do damage to their own work by not allowing alternative opinions to be aired without attacking the people airing those said opinions. I will again admit that I have done that a time or two also, but in my defense, I made my apologies, and I learned from my mistakes. 

I think that one of the best things about Turdville is that we DON'T all agree on everything. Dr Fix is correct about it being a good opporitunity for each of us to do some reflection on how sound and true our own personal opinions are. 

Once again, don't go. You are one of the good turdites that make TFMR so interesting and valuable!

SS121
SS121's picture
Hat Tips: 18502
INFP

myersbriggs.gif

The Cognitive Function Order for an INFP is as follows..

The dominant cognitive function of an INFP is Introverted Feeling (Fi)

The secondary cognitive function of an INFP is Extraverted Intuition (Ne)

The tertiary cognitive function of an INFP is Introverted sensing (Si)

The inferior cognitive function of an INFP is Extraverted Thinking (Te)

INFP= Fi, Ne, Si, Te

What an INFP essentially does is start with their Fi (deeply held internal values/feelings) and then using their Ne they communicate via words or paintings and create a picture that might be about anything, but it will leave the hearer or recipient feeling the way the INFP feels.

INFPs are wonderful wonderful people.  I have a Step-Son who is an INFP and they are extremely unique compared to the other 15 types.  Nobody wants to save the world like an INFP, they really do.  And often will spend their lives working to do just that in a wide variance of arenas.

-But- When an INFP is unhealthy, when his Fi is darkened due to stress or frustration, that INFP will become the most frustrating individual you have ever dealt with in your life. bar none.  If they are 'darkened' for lack of a better word, they will communicate in an almost normal way, but it will always (intentinally) fall short, or twist something, or once they reach melt-down turn into full blown seemingly crazy attacks.  (our former Turdite who melted down way back when is an INFP)

Let's say they are painting (posting) their well intended brush stokes and then feel they have been crossed, or their efforts weren't appreciated, or they didn't resonate.  suddenly the audience becomes the canvas on which they will paint that dark frustration or anger, more and more until they are just slinging paint with abandon, as we've seen.

They will become maddening to the audience, especially if the audience doesn't realize what is really going on.  The paint slinging INFP can't listen to reason, will not listen to reason.  there will be no logic, no intelligent discussion.  It will only be what they think will be the most frustrating and confusing for the audience.  There is no communicating with them as they just see that as an opportunity.  They might even entertain a little but it's only to get access to the person's canvas upon which to (Ne) sling their darkened (Fi) paint.  Ne is very powerful at knowing just where to place each brush stroke for maximum effect.  You will walk away holding your head in your hands if you try and deal with an unhealthy INFP.

It's even frustrating when you know what is happening and genuinely want to help. 

The final meltdown really isn't a meltdown so much as it is their next tactic of punishment.  They leave and abandon to make their audience feel abandoned.  why? because that's how they feel Fi (even erroneously) and it's their way of Ne making the audience feel like they do. 

It's quite complex, but not really.  The unhealthy INFP might attack you with angry words, but if those angry words leave you confused (as in "what in the hell is he talking about") then you can bet your chips that the INFP is confused, not angry.  He just used angry colored paint to (Ne) paint that (Fi) confusion/uncertainty onto the victim.

--

For person to learn what type they are usually requires taking a battery of tests.  

I took the fundamentals and metrics from which those tests are constructed and spent weeks converting them into their  corresponding observable behavior indicators.  Meaning, essentially, i can now watch a youtube video, or talk with someone, or listen to their podcasts, or read their comments, or ask questions about them from a third party who knows them well, and determine their type.  ...by which I can then determine their cognitive function order, and that is when it just starts to get interesting.

This has been a daily ongoing effort for months now and some of the 'Typing' and Cognitive Function dynamic analysis stuff i just finished is being implemented in a Federal law enforcement agency training program.  With good guys, they're stackers too! :-)

Back to whatever point i might have had, or let me just say-  healthy INFPs are wonderful people but when one's core values are shaken and they start pouring out that Fi/Ne mind-scramble on any and all, you won't like it.  They are not paid misinformants or trolls, they are much worse, lol!  (i'm partially kidding) but not if you know what's going on.  Just let them be, pray for them, and hope their dominant cognitive function of Introverted Feeling (Fi) eventually turns back to the extremely creative and wonderful shade of happiness that we used to know and love.   If it doesn't... sadly, they will likely abandon (punish) us by withdrawing to the remote corners of the internet to hate us from afar, and that would not be good for any of us.

(please excuse typos/errors, contacts are shot, time to call it a day)

Only Silver and Gold are Money

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
That actually makes sense.

I am just curious, where can I learn about the other 15 personality types?

SS121
SS121's picture
Hat Tips: 18502
Dr. Fix

Decent descriptions of the 16 types (including ISTPwink​) can be found at this link...

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html

Descriptions like these are basically like overview commercials for a car or truck or van or motorcycle,  and while they are very accurate and interesting,  i have a feeling you are going to later want to know how to get under the hood.  But check out the 16 types, and PM me if interested further...

oh, and while you're at the link, check in on me(ENTP) Stephanie(INTP) and even Turd(ESFP) is there!  We're all there actually! 

Only Silver and Gold are Money

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
Thanks SS121

I seem to be transitioning from ISTP,

(I see now that you already knew that) Spartacus Rex gave me a link a little while ago.

Exactly where I'm headed with this, I'm not entirely sure yet, but you are quite correct,

I will be looking into how to get under the hood of this, I've got plenty of tools to work with.

So many possibilities…enlightened

SilveryBlue
SilveryBlue's picture
Hat Tips: 4839
Stephanie

Don't withdraw. You have a unique perspective that I would like you to continue to share.

And for your question about ebola possibly being introduced into Africa - just look at a world map.

Africa has land bridges to Asia & Europe. None to America. Simple to stop airlines if things get out of control.

Black people are the majority in this world, but black people do not rule. How best to gather their countries astounding natural resources except to make the inconvenient black people go away? Of course you always need labour etc to avoid getting hands dirty, so don't kill them all.

Sorry this is so simplistic, but I don't think it can be any clearer. I don't think TPTB are particularly clever.

Turd Ferguson
Turd Ferguson's picture
Hat Tips: 326279
Closing

I understand Steph's intention with this forum but it's clearly just a one-sided bitch session, full of accusations, name-calling and profanity. (If you don't see the comments I'm referencing, note that I've "moderated" a few.)

At this point I'm closing the thread because I don't see the point in continuing. Steph's idea was good but this type of content adds nothing.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Paid Posters on TFMR"