Nano-particle Silver Research

84 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wizard
Wizard's picture
Hat Tips: 3116
Nano-particle Silver Research

Just wanted to share some research papers in the area of Nano-particle Silver research. Nano particle research is in it's infancy but there is a wealth of research being conducted in the field.

Here are just a VERY few links to some research papers in the field of Nano-Particle Silver and how it interacts with viruses during in vitro and in vivo testing in some of the studies.

There are many more papers out there on this subject.

http://www.doc88.com/p-70781503989.html

http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/1040841X.2013.879849

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21812950

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3817021/pdf/ijn-8-4103.pdf

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/1477-3155-8-1

I personally have read enough of these studies to believe that there is a fairly good chance that we may be able to get thorough this thing with the Ebola If it does become a Pandemic.

Here is a search string on Dove Press where there are a wealth of research papers on the subject. I hope this helps

http://www.dovepress.com/search_results.php?search_word=silver+nanoparticles+virus&submit=Search

W

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:01
Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
Hat Tips: 61268
I sure wish I knew about this last week,

Excellent research Wizard!

I hope you don't mind, but I posted a link to your thread on DOTS,

we had quite a discussion on this topic last week.

"When the student is ready,
the teacher will appear."

Wizard
Wizard's picture
@Fix

Do not mind the post being linked in the least, The reason for me putting it up was there is a ton of conflicting testimonies and stories about Nano Particle Silver as well as Colloidal Silver. And Considering the centuries of Silver being used in various anti-bacterial applications that I have heard about since childhood. Along with recent articles coming out in the last few years of it being used in Hospital environments, Water Purification and Clothing. I figured that there had to be laboratory studies done to be able to proceed with the production of the more recent applications. I was quite surprised and pleased to see studies involving putting Silver up against Viruses.

I have seen way too many new drugs hit the market with a laundry list of horrendous side effects, Then shortly afterwards seeing lawyers commercials asking " If you or a family member took Drug X and and it caused X,X,X,X,X OR X You may be entitled to money damages" And a lot of Doctors have NO Problem handing out these drugs with these terrible side effects.

Yet if someone brings up just the possibility of looking into something that has a track record of centuries of use and applying it to a current situation it becomes a real problem.

Every Thing is Toxic at a given level. Air, Water, Aspirin. Hell they still use Thimerosal as a preservative for vaccines and it is roughly 50% Mercury and the medical field has no problem with that.

It is All about the doseage. Thing is Every Doctor worth his degree knows this.

It should not scare people away from at least looking at it with an open mind

W

Nana
Nana's picture
Hat Tips: 13828
Remember

People used to think the earth was flat.....

ag1969
ag1969's picture
Hat Tips: 30801
This is a good reference point

http://www.silvergen.com/colloida.htm

And the references at the bottom of the linked page might be of help to you guys.

I had very good luck  using colloidal silver to combat Lyme Disease.  I did this at the insistence of Bollocks and Katie Rose.  And while I have no scientific data to back up my personal story, I can tell you that after taking the antibiotics, which I hate because I know how they destroy your gut bacteria and immune system, I was still feeling pretty crappy.  I received an impassioned PM from Katie Rose telling me how she suffered from Lyme for years.  She strongly urged me to try colloidal which she swears saved her life, and let me tell you that after 30 days of colloidal silver, I was much better and would go so far as to call myself cured.  Now, let me tell you also that I had Lyme earlier in my life when I was 27.  I was re-infected by another tick bite last year and got the ring around the bite and all the rotten symptoms that go along with Lyme.  After thirty days of colloidal silver, I felt better than I had ever felt since the first infection.  In fairness, I made a lot of health improvements over that time as a result of my whole family going on the GAPS Diet to cure my youngest son's Autism Spectrum Disorder, but, I was already healthier when the tick bit me, and I clearly got very sick, and the antibiotics did not make me better.

It is too bad that this colloidal silver issue had to be so fractious, but it has become pretty clear to me that colloidal silver has amazing health benefits.

I also have a colloidal silver gel that heals burns better than anything I have ever seen.

I make my own colloidal silver, and I also make my own probiotics in the form of Water Kefir and Kombucha.  All of these methods I have spelled out in the Healthy Food and Healthy Living Forum.

I am not a doctor.  DYODD. 

If I had some bad infection, I would be all in on colloidal silver, but I think there are far better ways to improve and maintain your health.  A lot of you are probably taking colloidal silver to heal things that are a result of candida overgrowth and Leaky gut.  I would strongly recommend the GAPS Diet and healthy, living probiotics to put candida back in it's place.  If it does not cure you of what ails you, all you did was eat real, healthy organic food.  I am yet to get suicidal thoughts or oily gas discharge from real food.

So just to recap, I am a big fan of colloidal silver, but everything has its place.  If you want to be truly healthy, restore your gut bacteria.  Colloidal Silver can't do that.

question
question's picture
Hat Tips: 3396
What About Colloidal Silver's

effect on gut bacteria? Is it indiscriminate like antibiotics or selective? I think  I've read it is mostly active against anaerobic bacteria but then  I think I've also read it's active against botulism which is in the gut.

Don't want to kill the friends living in my gut; there's enough collateral damage going on in the world today as it is ; )

Learn to behave

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
@ question:

Good question. wink

This is only an “off the top of my head” reply, but the “good bacteria” need oxygen to metabolize, and the “bad bacteria” as well as “viruses”, do not metabolize oxygen.

Apparently, the “silver” “knows” the difference. (At least the “bugs" do.)

The exact scientific explanation uses verbiage that shoots just a little bit over my head at present.

I did come across a lot of this in the past two weeks.

It is only harmful to the harmful bacteria/viruses.

If it helps, I've consumed an ounce or two of colloidal silver a day, for well over a year and a half, and I have only found the consequences to be positive.

My wife spent some time last week at a “party” where she was seated between two people who were noticeably sick and coughing.

Two days ago she felt like she had the flu.

I insisted that she start taking the colloidal silver, a couple of ounces a day.

She is very much not into my “home remedies”.

Since she was “sick as a dog”, and we no longer carry health insurance, she finally decided to “try it”.

She is feeling much, much better today, and is now out shopping.

(I take it back, that could be considered a negative consequence). wink

I am currently upping my production, (I have been for the last few weeks), and am now storing some particularly strong batches in Mason jars in my kitchen cabinet.

I think it's good to have.

cris
cris's picture
Hat Tips: 3404
Wow, Fix, even for you, that is moronic

You are a lost cause Fix.  I check the forums for the first time in forever, and the first thing I see is this absolutely idiotic statement that "the good bacteria need oxygen but the bad bacteria don't".

Are you for real?

I trust that anyone with a brain realizes what a farce you are, and that anything you write is for entertainment value only.  Your "scientific method" and deductive reasoning reminds me vaguely of Saturday Night Live:

https://screen.yahoo.com/medieval-barber-000000006.html

btw, I see you have also had some ridiculous posts about me and ssj being "alleged" doctors.  I am sure you will recall that Turd himself vouched for us, knowing our true identities.

so if you want to disagree with our opinions, fine - spout your stupidity.  But don't conflate your disagreements with alleging that we are imposters.  That is taking the leap from ignorant to malicious.

SS121
SS121's picture
Hat Tips: 18502
Dr. Fix, more info on bacteria, fwiw

Difference Between Aerobic and Anaerobic Bacteria

• Categorized under Science | Difference Between Aerobic and Anaerobic Bacteria

bacteria-pdAerobic vs Anaerobic Bacteria

There are two types of organisms and tiny single-celled bacteria called aerobic and anaerobic bacteria in the human body. Aerobics are able to use oxygen, whereas anaerobic bacteria can sustain itself without the presence of oxygen. Aerobic bacteria can detoxify oxygen, whereas anaerobic bacteria cannot sufficiently break down food molecules as much as aerobic bacteria.

Read more: Difference Between Aerobic and Anaerobic Bacteria | Difference Between | Aerobic vs Anaerobic Bacteria http://www.differencebetween.net/science/difference-between-aerobic-and-anaerobic-bacteria/#ixzz3CCkJuhvT

Only Silver and Gold are Money

question
question's picture
Hat Tips: 3396
Golly cris

This is the first post of yours I've had the pleasure <sarc> of reading and your method of delivery doesn't leave much room for discussion. I bet your report card had the "doesn't play well with others" box checked. Sheesh

Dr. Fix offered at least anecdotal  information in response to my question and since he's been self-experimenting for quite a while now I'll listen. I make my ionic and colloidal silver differently and probably use it differently but the many years that silver has been used in many parts of the world for health and healing has value for me. I even think that herbs have medicinal uses! Crazy eh?

Mostly Dr. Fix answered my question about intestinal flora; if colloidal silver had a negative effect he would know by now.

Stay well cris and mellow out

ps: no wonder I avoid doctors; give me a good RN any day............. LOL

SS121 I couldn't get the links to work but I think what you said is correct

Learn to behave

Strongsidejedi
Strongsidejedi's picture
Hat Tips: 11801
Supporting Cris statement

The disinformation and propaganda behavior in this thread and on this board is clear.

Some of you launch off at established, credentialed and experienced healthcare personnel.  Some of you write things like name-calling, insulting, and belittling.

Frankly, I have written you all off.

I have already written my suggestion that there is no evidence that "nanosilver" has any role in Ebola treatment.  Note that I have not written off the funding of a clinical protocol.  But, some of you label me with insults, belittle my medical experience, and throw ridiculous claims on this board while putting Craig / TF at considerable financial risk.

Craig, I hope you are reviewing this thread.  It is my professional opinion that you should not allow individuals to discuss "nanosilver" or "colloidal silver" in the context of medical or pharmacologic treatment of Ebola.

These are violations of the community guidelines...clearly.

Wizard
Wizard's picture
Sorry Guys

Did not mean for this to turn into a nasty thing.

Just wanted to get professional, credentialed medical studies done in real laboratories and the information in them into the hands of the people that are interested in this subject.

There is a huge amount of varied videos and web pages with some extraordinary claims for this particular element in a solution suspended form. And I thought if  professional, credentialed medical studies were available as a reference point as to what has been determined to be possible with in vitro and in vivo testing being done. Along with dosages of effective levels for different applications. It would go a long way to helping people. And keep them from being harmed

W

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
A little something for ssj and that other ass hole....

Bil

Mr. Fix
Mr. Fix's picture
Community Guidelines:

Community Guidelines

Commenting on TF Metals Report is a privilege, not a right. Your access to the commenting feature may be disabled or your account permanently banned if you abuse your account to post malicious comments, spam, or disruptive trolling. Your purchase of a Gold Membership does not give you permanent commenting rights, and commenting can and will be turned off for disruptive members regardless of paid or unpaid membership status. Please follow these simple guidelines:

1) No running or horseplay of any kind.

2) Be nice.

3) Be helpful.

4) Give more than you take.

5) Ignore trolls but use the "Hat Tip" button whenever deserved.

6) Wait at least 20 minutes after eating before posting comments or starting threads.

7) Treat others the way you like to be treated.

8) Confine all controversial topics and discussions to their designated forum.

9) If you stay on this site longer than 4 hours, seek immediate medical attention.

10) Copying and pasting full-length articles in the forums and comments could get The Turd slapped with a DMCA copyright violation. Quote a small portion as "fair use" and link out to the article instead. The Turd's lawyer thanks you.

11) Have fun and be respectful. Share quality information. This site is about and for you, not The Turd. To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: The Turd has given you the site you deserve. Now, can you keep it?

Wizard
Wizard's picture
Just in case I missed posting it

Both are virus studies :smiley

Inhibition of A/human/hubei/3/2005 (h3N2)influenza virus infection by silver nanoparticles in vitro and in vivo

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3817021/pdf/ijn-8-4103.pdf

Tannic Acid Modified Silver Nanoparticles Show Antiviral Activity in Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2 Infection

Abstract

The interaction between silver nanoparticles and herpesviruses is attracting great interest due to their antiviral activity and possibility to use as microbicides for oral and anogenital herpes. In this work, we demonstrate that tannic acid modified silver nanoparticles sized 13 nm, 33 nm and 46 nm are capable of reducing HSV-2 infectivity both in vitro and in vivo. The antiviral activity of tannic acid modified silver nanoparticles was size-related, required direct interaction and blocked virus attachment, penetration and further spread. All tested tannic acid modified silver nanoparticles reduced both infection and inflammatory reaction in the mouse model of HSV-2 infection when used at infection or for a post-infection treatment. Smaller-sized nanoparticles induced production of cytokines and chemokines important for anti-viral response. The corresponding control buffers with tannic acid showed inferior antiviral effects in vitro and were ineffective in blocking in vivo infection. Our results show that tannic acid modified silver nanoparticles are good candidates for microbicides used in treatment of herpesvirus infections.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0104113

cris
cris's picture
Which community guideline are you following Fix?

Is the picture of the pie following number 2? Or 3?

or perhaps 7?

or maybe 11?

and is it Dr Fix or Mr Fix?

please enlighten us. 

cris
cris's picture
Fix, you believe in reincarnation, don't you?

I think I found you in a former life - you remind me of the learned judge in this clip:

​with love,  your friendly neighborhood "that other asshole"

ag1969
ag1969's picture
Chris

You are getting pretty annoying.  Are you a doctor or are you 7 years old?  Get over yourself.  As a doctor as important as you think you are, how do you have time to continue the pissing match on a blog where no one even knows anyone else?  Enough already.

Edit:  oops!  I didn't see Mr Fix's fuck you pie before I posted.  Carry on all of you, I guess.  But just so the three of you know, and I can only speak for myself, I am not enjoying the pissing match.

cris
cris's picture
Edit: oops! I often post before I read

Ag: it is generally considered wise to actually READ posts before commenting.

continue speaking for yourself.

as for me, I am starting to look forward to Fix's posts.  You know the old saying:

you can keep quiet, and have people wonder if you are an idiot; or you can speak (in this case write) and remove all doubt.

carry on Fix.  And to be clear, let us all remember, Fix is the one who continues this.  Ssj and I merely seek to end it.

ag1969
ag1969's picture
Wow, now that I have read well up the thread...

SSJ, really?  You are scared that Turd is at financial risk because we are sharing information on colloidal silver?  So what?  No one should question the medical establishment?  Are you fucking kidding me?

Maybe we should start a thread linking every story we can find on when doctors, nurses, trained medical professionals, big pharma, the FDA, The CDC, have gotten something wrong and hurt people before we blindly accept the opinion of an anonymous doctor on a fucking blog.  You two are ridiculous.

Colloidal silver has been being discussed on this blog for as long as I have been here.  Many of us have taken it or are taking it and none of us have joined the blue man group.  Stop making an ass of yourself.

Turd, call your lawyer, shut us down, you are in big, big trouble, the sky is falling the sky is falling!

ag1969
ag1969's picture
Chris

It is generally considered wise not to be an arrogant fucking douche bag after someone has already openly admitted their mistake.

I look forward to Fix's posts as well, they are great.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Nano-particle Silver Research "