2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sat, May 31, 2014 - 3:14am
Anonymous

Preakness 2014

Ok here we go. I'm kinda not liking the all California Chrome 24/7. Racing is quite aware ofhow much they need a triple crown winner. Not to peak interest at the window but to peak interest in ownership. Let me just say if your new and with shallow pockets the last thing you want to do is jump in with yearlings and 2nd olds. You will lose your shirt pants and shoes. Now the nasal strip. 2012 I'll have another was going for the crown and was denied to use one. He supposedly withdrew from a tendon injury but there are many skeptics. Almost immediately CC was given permission. Is it a performance enhancing device? Hell yes it is, the most commonly analogy is the difference between drinking a milkshake thru a narrow straw vs thru a wide one. These stakes races were designed to determine the bloodstock most worthy of passing on their genes. Lasix a drug that helps prevent horses lungs from bleeding was approved. It went from a few using it to damn near all of them. We have a bred generations of bleeders. Ok now on to the Belmont. Not much to tell yet. The field is not set yet. CC will be bet into the ground. Social inclusion a fav of mine is undecided. He was so rank with an 80 something trainer no one has heard of. He has the talent but he is far from controllable during a race. They were offered 12 million on the condition a new trainer was found. Ride on Curlin taking it easy on track unlike at pimlico. His sire won this race but IMHO this distance looks to be a stretch for him. Tonalist, regally bred. Talented and loves the slop. He is another with only four starts..... Big negative. Commanding curve he's a closer but in this race he is going to have to be up closer to the pace. Hes fresh and that is a big positive. CC gorgeous horse. Smoothest gate I've ever seen and he rates well. In other words he has more than one gear than GO. Downside, he hates dirt in face. He doesn't work or jog in a face mask or blinkers and he turns his head away from the kickback even when it's minimal. It's worth noting he never won a single race without that strip. I've only seen the others gallop so not much to say. Except Pletcher lost another one. Intense Holiday has been withdrawn and retired. Ok should know more after the works this weekend. Lastly the undercard is amazing. If your a gambler or a fan. You won't find a better card until the breeders cup. 3 of the best mars are going head to head. The Met Mile is jammed packed. These will all be great betting opportunity races baring no changes.

Edited by: Anonymous on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:01am
randomness