Healthy Food and Healthy Living

1814 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mon, Oct 20, 2014 - 3:21pm
ag1969

David Wolfe - Passion for CHOCOLATE - RAW CACAO - TED Talk

David Wolfe - Passion for CHOCOLATE - RAW CACAO - TED - Lecture, Talk (Health Food)
Tue, Oct 21, 2014 - 9:57am
ag1969

Red Algae Extract Fights Ebola … and HIV, SARS and HCV

While researchers scramble to develop a vaccine or monoclonal antibody against the Ebola virus – and continue to develop chemo treatments to stem HIV and Hepatitis-C while fearing SARS – nature has already provided a natural treatment.

Research has shown that a healthy strong immune system can allow a person to not only avoid contracting the disease – but become resistant to it as well.

For those of us who need help or extract assurance, red algae proves to provide a key antiviral.

Hunting Natural Immunity For Ebola

After the two 1996 Ebola outbreaks in Gabon Africa, medical scientists determined that Ebola causes death among about 70 percent of those who contracted the virus.

This question led researchers from Gabon’s Franceville International Center of Medical Research to investigate. The questions ensued: Why don’t the other 30 percent die? How do 30 percent of those infected recover?

Furthermore, medical researchers found many instances where there were close contacts of those who became infected who never were infected at all. Even though they were in contact with the infected patient while the patient was symptomatic.

Note: An infected patient with Ebola must be symptomatic in order to be contagious – with fever and other flu-like symptoms. A person must also have direct mucosal or blood contact in order to become infected with the virus. This means a transfer of saliva, urine, semen or blood from one person to another.

Thus, when the researchers investigated “close contact” individuals, they focused upon those who had this sort of exposure.

Ebola Antibodies

The research found that nearly half of those who were asymptomatic and seemingly immune developed antibodies (IgM and IgG) to the Ebola virus.

This means these individuals certainly were intimately exposed to the virus, but simply naturally developed the immunity tools – including those discussed below – that prevented the infection from replicating out of control.

Furthermore, the asymptomatic group exhibited greater anti-inflammatory responses in general. They were found to have higher levels of circulating cytokines and chemokines – which speed up the body’s natural ability to break down the viral cells and stop their activity within the body.

They concluded:

“Asymptomatic individuals had a strong inflammatory response by high circulating concentrations of cytokines and chemokines.”

Mannose-Binding Lectins Attack Ebola Virus

https://www.globalresearch.ca/red-algae-extract-fights-ebola-and-hiv-sar...

Tue, Oct 21, 2014 - 10:03am
ag1969

Dissolving Illusions and The Dangers of Vaccination

Today, we are told that medical interventions increased our lifespan and single-handedly prevented masses of deaths. But is this really true? Dissolving Illusions details facts and figures from long-overlooked medical journals, books, newspapers, and other sources. Using myth-shattering graphs, this book shows that vaccines, antibiotics, and other medical interventions are not responsible for the increase in lifespan and the decline in mortality from infectious diseases. If the medical profession could systematically misinterpret and ignore key historical information, the question must be asked, "What else is ignored and misinterpreted today?" Perhaps the best reason to know our history is so that the worst parts are never repeated.

Two centuries of UK, USA and Australian official death statistics have shown conclusively and scientifically that modern medicine is not responsible for and played little part in substantially improved life expectancy and survival from disease in western economies.

A summary review of data on neurological adverse events and the historical role of vaccination in the natural course of infectious disease in Switzerland and Germany, supports data from other regions with evidence that vaccines had no impact on disease prevention efforts from the early-mid to late 20th century.

Why do we believe something? Is it because everyone else believes it? Is it because our family and community believe it? Is it because we were told to believe it by someone in a position of power and respect? Were we taught to believe it in school? Do we believe it because the idea has existed for a long time?

What if what we believed was nothing more than an illusion?

It wasn’t long ago when infections plagued the Western world. Smallpox, scarlet fever, measles, typhoid, diphtheria, whooping cough, and other diseases were once considered a tragic part of life. Starting in the mid-1800s, there was a steady drop in the deaths from all these infectious diseases, decreasing by the mid-1900s to very low levels. The elimination of these diseases is one of the most amazing, yet unsung, public health revolutions in history.

https://preventdisease.com/news/14/102114_Dissolving-Illusions-and-The-D...

The Brilliance of Dr. Suzanne Humphries on The Dangers of Vaccines
Tue, Oct 21, 2014 - 10:48am
ag1969

Dandelion Root for Liver Health and Fat Digestion

I remembered that Raine had posted about her liver and gallbladder cleanse a while back, but this protocol was a little intense for a small child, I didn’t think she’d do well with the fasting. Next Michele of Herbal Nurturing recommended looking into dandelion root to stimulate bile production. The increased bile production would help clean the liver because it would flush out the toxins.

The next time I was at the health food store I picked up Dandelion Root tea, which I made just like regular tea. It has a woodsy earthy taste, which I liked and my little one didn’t mind at all. To give it to her I waited until it was just luke warm and then put some honey in it and she drank it down happily.

The next day I noticed her bowel movements were much darker, thanks to the increased bile production! I love being able to see that natural remedies are working, and this was very apparent! I had actually noticed her movements were lighter colored than normal, but had attributed that to her grain free diet. Now I see that she likely had a lowered bile production, and so this increased production is a welcome change. We continue to give her the dandelion root tea every day or every other day, and I’m curious to see if she’s less sensitive to synthetic clothing and other things she had previously reacted to. I also have had many allergies, and so does my son, so we’ve all been taking the tea. My little girl is the one who really reacts to everything though, so I’m looking forward to seeing how this helps her.

Dandelion Root Tea for Gentle Liver Cleansing

Bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Cover and allow to steep until cool enough to drink, 20-30 minutes. Stir in honey and enjoy!

Allergies aren’t the only reason one might want to do a liver cleanse.

Signs you may benefit from a liver cleanse:

• Vitamin A, D, or E deficiency (all are produced in the liver!)
  • High or low cholesterol numbers (the liver also produces and balances cholesterol)
  • Hormonal problems- the liver filters out mutated hormones
  • Excessive gas or bloating
  • Allergies to chemicals or things in the environment
  • Inability to digest fats, feeling ill after eating a high fat meal
  • Blood sugar fluctuations (the liver helps regulate blood sugar along with the pancreas and adrenals)
  • Gallstones

https://www.healthhomehappy.com/2010/10/natural-remedy-dandelion-root-fo...

Wed, Oct 22, 2014 - 3:28pm
ag1969

GAPS Full Diet Fall Menu

Wed, Oct 22, 2014 - 5:07pm
NW VIEW

Sardines

Sardines are an item for a large bugout bag. We were at Costco yesterday and they had five packs of "All natural Wild Caught, imported from Morocco, sardines". Only olive oil and salt added with no BPA. A can of sardines in the back of a cave and a good wood fire, may be a good meal. jmo

Shelf life: Best to use by 12/31/18. The five cans were just over $6.

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Wed, Oct 22, 2014 - 6:39pm
ag1969

I just juiced

We got a bunch of beets from the CSA. We are not big beet fans so I juiced them along with carrots, pears, and apples. I got an amazing burst of energy and feel great. Mrs.69 is vomiting. Go figure, I guess I should have used less beets, but i thought it was great.

I also made Daikon Radish chips today. Yummy! Tomorrow I am going to make Kimchi with my Daikon Raddish:

https://nourishedkitchen.com/kimchi-recipe/

Sun, Oct 26, 2014 - 5:48pm
vonburpenstein

since everyone is bored...

...Maybe someone has some ideas for my aunt. She had a case of shingles and few yrs back and still has pain in her scalp, like when the wind blows it...anyway, she now says some pain is starting to come down her forehead towards her eyes...I hate it for her but I thought there might be some good ideas from the sidelines here...Thanks guys

Signed, Vonburp
Mon, Oct 27, 2014 - 1:43am
Bongo Jim
-
Ruralville, CA

Earth Clinic

Sun, Nov 2, 2014 - 12:31am
Magpie

@vonburpenstein

GAAAHHHH...I wish we still had PM. If it was my scalp/face I'd be using a spray bottle filled with colloidal silver.

ancaro imparo.
Sun, Nov 2, 2014 - 9:21pm (Reply to #1811)
vonburpenstein

gotchya Magpie...

...thanks for the thought. .. is this from experience? Also, its more like a pain from the inside...still try cs?

Thank you...and bongo as well!

Signed, Vonburp
Mon, Nov 3, 2014 - 8:51am
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

Looking at the study of 79

Looking at the study of 79 Ghana malaria victims cured in 2 days; 90% in 24 hrs and other 10% in another 24 hours for a total of 100% cured in 48 hours. While not mine to post, it will be posted in the coming near future.... See this related study..

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4037247/

From the study

Antiviral properties

NSPs are also an antiviral agent against HIV-1,41 hepatitis B virus,42 respiratory syncytial virus,43 herpes simplex virus type 1,44 and monkeypox virus.45 It has been observed that NSPs have higher antiviral activity than silver ions, due to species difference as they dissolve to release Ag0 (atomic) and Ag+ (ionic) clusters, whereas silver salts release Ag+ only.46 Lara found that the anti-HIV mechanism of nanosilver is based on the inhibition of the initial stages of the HIV-1 cycle.47 NSPs can bind to glycoprotein (gp)120, thus inhibit cluster of differentiation (CD) 4-dependent binding, fusion, and infectivity. They act as an effective virucidal agent to block HIV-1 cell-free and cell-associated infection. Furthermore, NSPs inhibit post-entry stages of the HIV-1 life cycle.47 Although the mechanism underlying their viral-inhibitory activity is not yet fully understood, NSPs could be considered to be a broad-spectrum agent against a variety of viral strains and are not prone to developing resistance.

More from the study:

Abstract:

Nanosilver particles (NSPs), are among the most attractive nanomaterials, and have been widely used in a range of biomedical applications, including diagnosis, treatment, drug delivery, medical device coating, and for personal health care. With the increasing application of NSPs in medical contexts, it is becoming necessary for a better understanding of the mechanisms of NSPs’ biological interactions and their potential toxicity. In this review, we first introduce the synthesis routes of NSPs, including physical, chemical, and biological or green synthesis.Then the unique physiochemical properties of NSPs, such as antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory activity, are discussed in detail. Further, some recent applications of NSPs in prevention, diagnosis, and treatment in medical fields are described. Finally, potential toxicology considerations of NSPs, both in vitro and in vivo, are also addressed.

Tue, Nov 4, 2014 - 12:27am (Reply to #1812)
flyinkel
-
Cedar Rapids, IA

I am not a doctor

I have heard of near complete remission from shingles simply by stopping all peanut and peanut butter products. Here is some info on foods to consume (salmon especially good), and avoid (nuts and chocolate).

https://www.livestrong.com/article/280245-shingles-and-lysinearginine-foods/

https://www.thehealthsuccesssite.com/shingles.html

https://bodyecology.com/articles/avoid_seeds_nuts_virus.php#.VFhiQMm3cuI (ignore the ads, comments section may be helpful.)

Be well.

flyinkel
randomness