Healthy Food and Healthy Living

1814 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 9:14am Green Lantern
flyinkel
-
Cedar Rapids, IA

Essential Oils should be fully researched prior to being used

GL's "you must research" advice should be followed.

Some oils must be combined with a carrier oil because they are too potent by themselves. (eg Eucalyptus oil neat can burn the skin off your palms/and or cause a rash reaction)

Some oils (like lavender and tea tree) can be endocrine disruptors, and can have an adverse affect on young boys in higher dosages. https://nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMmoa064725

Essential Oils to be used on the skin should be pharmaceutical grade and organic. I don't use essential oils internally, not that you can't, just that they are powerful and one should be thoroughly versed on exact dosage and possible side effects.

That being said, essential oils can be very useful in the healing toolkit. Many lice party in the over the counter remedies, but quickly succumb to tea tree. Lavender, in very small amounts applied to the temples and wrists alleviates headaches. Eucalyptus in a carrier oil applied to the feet clears chest congestion. The list goes on and on, explore!

flyinkel
Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 9:14am Green Lantern
Nick Elway

Hippocratic Oath Replaced

GL, I witnessed a medical school graduation. The Hippocratic Oath was gone..

Instead was this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_Geneva

Quote:

It is a declaration of a physician's dedication to the humanitarian goals of medicine, a declaration that was especially important in view of the medical crimes which had just been committed in Nazi Germany. The Declaration of Geneva was intended as a revision[2] of the Hippocratic Oath to a formulation of that oath's moral truths that could be comprehended and acknowledged in a modern way.[3]

At the time of being admitted as a member of the medical profession:

• I solemnly pledge to consecrate my life to the service of humanity;
  • I will give to my teachers the respect and gratitude that is their due;
  • I will practice my profession with conscience and dignity;
  • The health of my patient will be my first consideration;
  • I will respect the secrets that are confided in me, even after the patient has died;
  • I will maintain by all the means in my power, the honour and the noble traditions of the medical profession;
  • My colleagues will be my sisters and brothers;
  • I will not permit considerations of age, disease or disability, creed, ethnic origin, gender, nationality, political affiliation, race, sexual orientation, social standing or any other factor to intervene between my duty and my patient;
  • I will maintain the utmost respect for human life;
  • I will not use my medical knowledge to violate human rights and civil liberties, even under threat;
  • I make these promises solemnly, freely and upon my honour.
Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 9:24am ag1969
flyinkel
-
Cedar Rapids, IA

Not only is honey an awesome sweetener

1) many types of honey are anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial

2) is one of the only foods with no known shelf life

3) has been used in healing practices for hundreds of years, especially good at alleviating allergies

https://www.buzzle.com/articles/shelf-life-of-honey.ht

flyinkel
Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 9:31am
ag1969

Flyinkel

Agree on honey, but you have to be careful which honey you get. Raw, local honey is the best IMHO.

https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Regulation/US-officials-crack-down-on-alleged-international-honey-smuggling-conspiracy

and there is this:

A research study has determined that children who get a dose of honey cough less and sleep better than those who get cough medicine with dextromethorphan (DM), the ingredient in most over-the-counter products for coughs.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/12/22/is-honey-...

Nick, thank you for being here! And no, I did not know the oath had been replaced. Great piece of info there.

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 9:32am

The different sugar types

The different sugar types explained. It takes 90 minutes, but I believe it's worth it.

Sugar: The Bitter Truth

Sugar: The Bitter Truth

If the hour and a half is not available, start at 1:04 for 5 minutes, and then again at 1:19 for about 6 minutes.

John Yudkin - Pure, White and Deadly.pdf

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2FsXfJXQyd2QnNWYWpHQVJfLXM/edit?pli=1

argentus maximus

Rhythm and Price http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html

This analyst - global markets

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 9:37am ag1969
pm_newbie
-
NB
Canada

iodine video

Hey AG, thanks for this! Great info and lots more to check out by this doctor. Just finished watching it.

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 9:39am
murphy
-
On the Border

Sugar

Here's another ( a little shorter) to go along with AM's video about sugar.

Why we get fat -- with Gary Taubes

In one of the two videos I remember that they stated that fructose was invented in Japan in 1996.

When I heard that my immediate thought was, how is it that "inventions" like that and Bitcoin always start in Japan?

Tightly wrapped Murph hat dog.

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 9:40am
ag1969

Hey Murph

Any idea which foods will cure my duck hook?

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 9:42am flyinkel
pm_newbie
-
NB
Canada

honey and children

Just remember that raw honey is not suitable for young children / infants. Please do some research to familiarize yourself on these details if they apply to your family.

I personally love raw honey, and use it in my home made salad dressings often. I also have it in my stash (preps). Honey has been found still in tact in ancient ruins. Amazing stuff!

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 10:02am pm_newbie
flyinkel
-
Cedar Rapids, IA

Great Point PM Newbie!

So true!

flyinkel
Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 10:03am
murphy
-
On the Border

ag

I suggest a full hip rotation

followed by a complete shoulder turn. That oughta "straighten" you out. I know it works for me.
Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 10:06am
ag1969

Thanks Murph

Mrs.1969 is going to love that advice!

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 10:16am
ag1969

Raw Food Eating: How Does it Work?

How long does it take to prepare raw food? Is it good? Isn’t raw food boring? Can I eat cooked foods while being on a raw food diet? Isn’t raw food complicated?

Sometimes we get asked what do we actually eat as raw fooders. How does our lunch, in reality, look like? These days we get flooded with raw food recipes, ideas and suggestions how to improve our health and lifestyle by eating a better diet, but how does an average raw food lunch appear on our plate?

Many people do understand the health benefits that such a diet might bring, but they are somewhat terrified by the idea to eat raw carrots for lunch and call that a “happy lifestyle”.

This article will show you how to access the world of healthy eating without losing the enjoyment of good food.

The ritual around food

I must admit that I had the same worries, especially because – before becoming a mostly raw vegan – I was the classic Mediterranean gourmet who would eat almost everything that was considered edible, and it was always meant a great deal to me in which way food was prepared, served, or decorated – it had to look good, and it had to taste delicious.

I was never the guy who ate just to put something into his stomach, no; I enjoyed the whole ritual around food, and the enterprise of discovering new dishes and ways to prepare them.

https://www.wakingtimes.com/2014/01/21/raw-food-eating-work/

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 11:46am
ag1969

Biotech giants sue Hawaiian

Biotech giants sue Hawaiian island for passing legislation to restrict GMOs
(NaturalNews) The "big dogs" in chemical agriculture are on a witch hunt to reverse a bill passed by the Kauai County Council back in November that sets reasonable restrictions on the cultivation of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) on the Hawaiian island. According to the Huffington Post, an unholy trinity represented by DuPont, Syngenta and Agrigenetics Inc. (an affiliate of Dow AgroSciences) has filed a federal lawsuit arguing against Measure 2491, which is intended to set buffer zones between schools and fields sprayed with pesticide, for instance, and requires companies to disclose when and where they are spraying their poisonous concoctions, as well as report genetically modified crops.

As it currently stands in Kauai, chemical companies have very few restrictions on where they are allowed to plant GM crops and how often they are allowed to spray undisclosed chemicals on fields. Because of this, many areas of the island have become toxic hotbeds, with local residents reporting allergies, neurological damage and other major afflictions stemming from exposure to GMOs and crop chemicals, one of the many issues that stands to be addressed by Measure 2491.

For more details about Measure 2491, be sure to read this earlier analysis by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger:
https://www.naturalnews.com.

But the biotechnology industry is fighting tooth and nail to destroy Measure 2491, which will presumably expose the massive environmental damage being caused by the industry's nefarious activities on the otherwise pristine island. According to reports, the chemical industry is now claiming that Measure 2491 is somehow unconstitutional because it interferes with state and federal laws governing GMO cultivation, a desperate attempt by Big Biotech to conceal its evil deeds.

"They chose to use their money and legal power to bully us in court," stated Kauai Councilman Gary Hooser, who co-introduced the bill, about this latest threat to the democratic process. "These companies do not want our county to set a precedent that other communities are going to follow."

Chemical companies don't want public to know what chemicals they're spraying

Learn more: https://www.naturalnews.com/043600_Monsanto_Hawaiian_island_GMO_legislation.html#ixzz2r3IpQmYz
Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 12:22pm
Dagney Taggart
-
Canada

Gall Stones

Instead of surgery, I did this about 4 years ago to flush a gall stone and it really worked. 100% apple juice diet for 2 days. Then a cup of olive oil. I don't remember the details but I'm sure the method is described if one searches. Warning: I fell down once from nausea the day after. Not enough water I was told.

-There is no difference between democracy and communism when the majority are unproductive.
Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 1:00pm
ag1969

Good to see you here Ms. Taggart

... A cup of olive oil huh? Yummy!

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 1:43pm
pm_newbie
-
NB
Canada

chemical weapons

I am against the use of chemical weapons, using toxic weapons on unsuspecting civilians is pure evil..... but enough about Monsanto, seems like the story about Syria is popping up again... ;)

Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 1:51pm
why do I even bother
-
Somewhere
XX

Please Give Generously

I know that times are hard and people's investments have taken a hammering, but I would nonetheless like to reach out to you and solicit your help in sponsoring a Good & Worthy cause.

Poor old Eric King is badly in need of some new stock photos to replace his worn-out album of long-dead CME Pit Traders and jaded 1970's Atlantic City croupieres. In order to restore some vestige of potency to his limp but still allegedly "powerful" interviews, I am sure you will agree that a bit of eye-candy would go a long way, and take pity on the poor man

Maybe you have some Windows 3.1 clip-art CD's you don't use any more, or an original Etch-a-Sketch lying around gathering dust in the attic? Maybe some fading holiday slides from the Good Old Days when if you went swimming in the Pacific you didn't glow in the dark afterwards? Seriously, anything would be better than the threadbare hand-me-downs Eric currently parades 8 days a week

On a more serious note, Eric's most recent super-duper-extra-powerful-no-i-really-mean-it-this-one-will-blow-your-socks-off interview is with "one of the greatest and most respected veterans in the business" , "one of the top CEO's in the World" (who, oddly enough, no-one seems to have ever heard of before, but who handles a mind-blistering $5.1 billion AUM) a man who also, rather unfortunately, appears to be unaware that India's Gold imports are down ever-so-slightly of late due to government controls & all:

"as long as we continue to see growth in the Chinese market, and stability in the Indian market. .... Indian demand will also be solid"

https://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2014/1/21_An_Astonishing_Insiders_View_Of_The_War_In_The_Gold_Market.html

but anyway - "2014 is going to be the year Gold explodes, ok!!! Just like 2013 was. And 2012. And - well, look - give the guy some proper clipart and maybe he'll up his game slightly. You know it makes sense.

Meanwhile, back on Planet Earth, we are struggling to maintain $1250, and the recent lows seem a whole lot closer than last August's highs....... This down channel ain't done with us yet, not by a long ways

'Free Advice Is Worth Every Penny'
Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 1:56pm why do I even bother
ag1969

@why do I even bother?

I don't know why you bother. I can only assume that your name corresponds to your cowardly writing style, which reveals a pathetic troll. This is a thread about healthy food. Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

Video unavailable
Tue, Jan 21, 2014 - 2:42pm pm_newbie
silver66

Fat sick and nearly dead

One of the perks of owning your own business is I can do what I want, when I want (with in reason). Well I clicked on the link to this movie and had it playing as I did paperwork etc today. Eventually the paperwork stopped and I just watched. What an outstanding story. I will ask the real boss to watch this evening.

Thanks for posting

Silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Contribute

Donate Shop

randomness