Mining Stocks Newsletter Recommendation

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sat, Aug 24, 2013 - 11:55am
JohnH
-
Santa Fe

Mining Stocks Newsletter Recommendation

What is the best way for a newbie to invest in miners, especially juniors? I was thinking a mining stocks investment newsletter would be good. Any recommendations for what would be the best newsletter? Or, is there another method that would be better?

Thanks,

John

Edited by: JohnH on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:19am
Sat, Aug 24, 2013 - 10:47pm
Sneed Hearn
-
Ketchikan, AK

Newsletter

I've tried a few and have stayed with Casey's International Speculator. You can get a 90 day trial. Payment in advance is required but they actually will issue a refund on request with no hassles. Avoid Jay Taylor publications IMO.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on….or by imbeciles who really mean it." – Mark Twain
Sun, Aug 25, 2013 - 2:18am
T

newbie and newsletters and investing in a rigged game

Hi John.

youre asking for advise about buying miners. But there might be more that you need to be asking.

You say youre a 'newbie' but what kind of newbie? a newbie to investing altogether ? or a newbie to investing in miners.

Other issues involve what kind of money you want to invest . Did you just receive a big inheritance. or are you looking to 

invest from a little savings.

If someone is not an investor at all, and they are a newbie and want to start investing........... my advise would be to stay away from all investments. the market is completely manipulated , rigged some would say.

Just take the spare money you want to invest and buy physical gold and silver at the next dip.

'dip' means the next time the metals pull back in price. pull back in price means the price goes down. down means it cost less to buy some. this is getting too comical talking to a newbie. thats why I asked what kind of newbie you are.

If youre not a newbie to investing but just a newbie to miners..... ok, well, as a former newbie to everything, Ispent the last 5 years studying day and night about investing and miners, and the global political picture, the currency wars, the corrupt system, etc..... 5 years to get beyond the newbie stage. 

I was a subscriber to Casey international speculator for a few years. When the market in miners was bullish from 2009 to early 2011, Casey newsletter seemed great.... the sky was the limit. 

When the miners started falling in 2011 , and by then, most expert analysts were all saying how rigged the metals and miners were..... only Casey was saying no, the metals and miners are not manipulated, keep buying miners..

As the miners collapsed in the past year and a half, Casey still said "no, the miners and metals are not being manipulated... keep buying miners..... thats when I decided they were blind to the reality in fron of my face. and I cancelled the newsletter.

Now, I am stuck owning about 20 miners, from Casey's newsletter, they are about 70 % 80 % in the red since they were recommended by Casey. I can only wait to see if they rally in the coming year or two so I can break even and sell the f*kers.

Jay Taylor is probably as good as Casey. There are many newsletters, but in this rigged market at a time of global crisis, where another total system collapse could happen any week ...this is not a good time to be investing in anything , without first having an understanding of the big picture....

For that macro political vision I highly recommend Jim Willie's newsletter Hat Trick newsletter. its by far the best newsletter at a fair price, only about 220 dollars a year.

If your investment funds are tied up in an IRA , such that you cant close it out without tax penalties, and you have to invest in something.... miners may be ok. I would invest alot into PHYS and PSLV

One thing newsletters often do in the presentation of their recommendations is thy recommend a stock at the wrong technical time....usually after the stock took off to the upside, and is now way overbought, and so folks start buying it at a too high price. then price corrects, and newbies are unhappy.it may be a good miner to buy, but the price was not the right time to buy. like now for example, is the wrong time to buy them. the time to buy was late june . Now one should wait for a pullback.

If you PM me I can offer you some ideas or my own picks for miners , and what the buy zone target might be at. you only need a half dozen of them. but even that depends on how much $$ you have to invest.

do you have a self directed account where you make the decisions?

good luck in your investing.

T

Wed, Sep 4, 2013 - 12:21pm
goldenbear
-
Chattanooga, TN

Stewart Thomson has a pretty

Stewart Thomson has a pretty good system that takes a lot of the emotion out of investing in stocks. And from my own personal experience, you are your own worst enemy. It's near impossible to time the markets you just have to execute your plan minus the emotions. That being said, Rick Ackerman seems to know his stuff, although I'm not a member. That's one I'm thinking of joining soon. Good luck, you are going to need it.

"An error does not become a mistake, until you refuse to correct it."
Sun, Jan 26, 2014 - 7:13am
LongGoldLongSilver

Free data

When it comes to free resources:

https://miningstockvaluator.com/gold-stocks

https://miningstockvaluator.com/silver-stocks

It's not really a place where you get recommendations, but it covers all the fundamentals like basic financials, production, cash costs and gold in the ground, which always plays an important role when picking winners.

randomness