Socks and underware, and other gifts of kindness

424 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Jul 9, 2014 - 7:43am
foggyroad

Romans 13 with context Jerald Finney

Jerald Finney has the Holy Spirit led spiritual knowledge, understanding and wisdom to parse these most often misinterpreted Romans 13:1-7 verses, to edify the body of Christ.

A studied Lawyer, and a Man of discernment.

Jerald Finney using biblical precepts to faithfully interpret and rightly divide the Word of God in proper context, has relieved me of any internal conflict, as a God fearing Christian, over these misused verses.

Imho, this is the absolutely best commentary, I have come across.

Thank You, Mr Jerald Finney.

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."

"For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

2 Cor 11:3,4

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ."

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

"Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

2 Cor 11:13,14,15

link..

https://jeraldfinney.wordpress.com/2009/09/29/american-abuse-of-romans-13-1-2-and-related-verses/

American Abuse of Romans 13.1-2 and Related Verses

Jerald Finney
Copyright © September, 2009

Are you interested in understanding what Romans 13 and other related verses really teach about the relationship of a church and of individual Christians and families to civil government? Has your preacher ever preached on the verses? If so, what position did he take on these verses? Did he interpret the verses in their immediate context and in the overall context of Scripture? Did he explain why the first Christians, including the apostles, as well as God’s own angels and many other biblical characters repeatedly violated, and were sometimes rewarded by God for violating, the modern American “interpretation” of those verses? Did he tell you about the Christians since New Testament days who have been subjected to the most cruel tortures and killed (tarred and feathered, twisted on racks, boiling oil poured down their throats, thrown in with wild beasts, beheaded, pulled apart, beheaded, drowned, buried alive, hanged, etc.) for disobeying the powers that be for refusing to recant their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and in Him alone? Did he explain to you that in America the First Amendment provides for religious liberty and that no church is supposedly required by man’s law to incorporate, get a 501(c)(3) tax exemption, or to become a legal entity of any kind? Did he explain to you the biblical doctrines of church, state, and separation of church and state?

Romans 13.1-2 and related verses are among the most abused Bible verses in America today. I use the word “abused” as opposed to “misinterpreted,” although people also misinterpret the verses while abusing them. According to Webster’s Dictionary, abuse means “to put to a wrong or improper use” or “to use so as to injure or damage.” Webster’s defines “misinterpret” as “to explain wrongly” or “to understand wrongly.” Those who use Romans 13.1-2 and related verses to justify submission to civil government in all matters, including spiritual matters or matters involving the first four commandments, have abused those verses. They have not considered the immediate and overall context of Scripture in reaching their conclusions. They have assumed state superiority in ecclesiastical affairs and the use of religion to further state policy. Such an assumption has been labeled as Erastianism and this assumption or philosophy pervaded all Europe, with the exception of Calvin’s ecclesiocratic Geneva, after the Reformation, and achieved its greatest triumph in England. Sadly, this assumption is widely accepted in America today.

The verses used to support Erastianism include Romans 13.1-2 (“Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers…. Whosoever resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation….”), and other Bible verses such as Matthew 17.24-27 (“Doth not your master pay tribute? …”), Luke 20.25 (“Render unto Caesar….” which is also recorded in Matthew 22.21 and Mark 12.17.), 1 Peter 2.13-14 (“Submit to every ordinance of man….”), and 1 Timothy 2.1-6 (which exhorts Christians to pray for all men, including rulers). Many nonbelievers as well as carnal and/or baby Christians in America confidently quote one or more of these verses out of context to support their position that Christians are to bow down to civil government in all things, or all things except limitations on the preaching of salvation.

Some go further and take the unbelievable position that these verses mean that churches should become state churches by incorporating, becoming unincorporated associations or charitable trusts, operating as corporations sole, getting 501(c)(3) tax exemption, or by some other means and that churches which do not are in sin. Many of those Christians and churches who take this position pressure churches which are under God, and God only, to put themselves under the state through one of the methods mentioned above.

If you are interested in an in-depth study each of the above mentioned verses of Scripture, click on the WordPress Players below. Each segment below is an edited version of a radio broadcast. Links to those broadcasts are on the radio broadcast page of the “Church and State Law” website.

Click the following links to hear Jerald Finney’s audio teachings (Right click link and left click “Save link as…” to download):

Introduction and Matthew 17.24-27: “Doth not your master pay tribute?” (13 min. 42 sec.)

Luke 20.25, Matthew 22.21, Mark 12.17: “Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar’s, and unto God, the things which be God’s” (4 min. 47 sec.)

Romans 13: “Let every soul be subject to the higher powers” (24 min. 15 sec.)

I Peter 2.13: “Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man….” (6 min. 6 sec.)

I Timothy 2.1-5: Pray for rulers (8 min. 6 sec.)

END

Tue, Jul 15, 2014 - 3:51pm
foggyroad

Thank You Magpie

Reply to: DOTS

The Sandpiper by Robert Peterson by Magpie

3 hours 11 min ago

She was six years old when I first met her on the beach near where I live.

I drive to this beach, a distance of three or four miles, whenever the world begins to close in on me.

She was building a sand castle or something and looked up, her eyes as blue as the sea.

"Hello," she said. I answered with a nod, not really in the mood to bother with a small child.

"I'm building," she said. "I see that. What is it?" I asked, not really caring.

"Oh, I don't know, I just like the feel of sand."

That sounds good, I thought, and slipped off my shoes.

A sandpiper glided by.

"That's a joy," the child said.

"It's a what?"

"It's a joy. My mama says sandpipers come to bring us joy."

The bird went gliding down the beach. Good-bye joy, I muttered to myself, hello pain, and turned to walk on. I was depressed, my life seemed completely out of balance.

"What's your name?" She wouldn't give up.

"Robert," I answered. "I'm Robert Peterson."

"Mine's Wendy... I'm six."

"Hi, Wendy."

She giggled. "You're funny," she said.

In spite of my gloom, I laughed too and walked on.

Her musical giggle followed me.

"Come again, Mr.. P," she called. "We'll have another happy day."

The next few days consisted of a group of unruly Boy Scouts, PTA meetings, and an ailing mother. The sun was shining one morning as I took my hands out of the dishwater. I need a sandpiper, I said to myself, gathering up my coat.

The ever-changing balm of the seashore awaited me.. The breeze was chilly but I strode along, trying to recapture the serenity I needed.

"Hello, Mr. P," she said. "Do you want to play?"

"What did you have in mind?" I asked, with a twinge of annoyance.

"I don't know. You say."

"How about charades?" I asked sarcastically.

The tinkling laughter burst forth again. "I don't know what that is."

"Then let's just walk."

Looking at her, I noticed the delicate fairness of her face.

"Where do you live?" I asked.

"Over there." She pointed toward a row of summer cottages.

Strange, I thought, in winter.

"Where do you go to school?"

"I don't go to school. Mommy says we're on vacation"

She chattered little girl talk as we strolled up the beach, but my mind was on other things. When I left for home, Wendy said it had been a happy day. Feeling surprisingly better, I smiled at her and agreed.

Three weeks later, I rushed to my beach in a state of near panic. I was in no mood to even greet Wendy. I thought I saw her mother on the porch and felt like demanding she keep her child at home.

"Look, if you don't mind," I said crossly when Wendy caught up with me, "I'd rather be alone today." She seemed unusually pale and out of breath.

"Why?" she asked.

I turned to her and shouted, "Because my mother died!" and thought, My God, why was I saying this to a little child?

"Oh," she said quietly, "then this is a bad day."

"Yes," I said, "and yesterday and the day before and -- oh, go away!"

"Did it hurt?" she inquired.

"Did what hurt?" I was exasperated with her, with myself.

"When she died?"

"Of course it hurt!" I snapped, misunderstanding, wrapped up in myself. I strode off.

A month or so after that, when I next went to the beach, she wasn't there. Feeling guilty, ashamed, and admitting to myself I missed her, I went up to the cottage after my walk and knocked at the door. A .drawn looking young woman with honey-colored hair opened the door.

"Hello," I said, "I'm Robert Peterson. I missed your little girl today and wondered where she was."

"Oh yes, Mr. Peterson, please come in. Wendy spoke of you so much. I'm afraid I allowed her to bother you. If she was a nuisance, please, accept my apologies."

"Not at all! she's a delightful child." I said, suddenly realizing that I meant what I had just said.

"Wendy died last week, Mr. Peterson. She had leukemia. Maybe she didn't tell you."

Struck dumb, I groped for a chair. I had to catch my breath.

"She loved this beach, so when she asked to come, we couldn't say no. She seemed so much better here and had a lot of what she called happy days. But the last few weeks, she declined rapidly..." Her voice faltered, "She left something for you, if only I can find it. Could you wait a moment while I look?"

I nodded stupidly, my mind racing for something to say to this lovely young woman. She handed me a smeared envelope with "MR. P" printed in bold childish letters.. Inside was a drawing in bright crayon hues -- a yellow beach, a blue sea, and a brown bird. Underneath was carefully printed:

A SANDPIPER TO BRING YOU JOY.

Tears welled up in my eyes, and a heart that had almost forgotten to love opened wide. I took Wendy's mother in my arms. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," I uttered over and over, and we wept together. The precious little picture is framed now and hangs in my study. Six words -- one for each year of her life -- that speak to me of harmony, courage, and undemanding love.

A gift from a child with sea blue eyes and hair the color of sand -- who taught me the gift of love.

NOTE: This is a true story sent out by Robert Peterson. It happened over 20 years ago and the incident changed his life forever. It serves as a reminder to all of us that we need to take time to enjoy living and life and each other. The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.

Life is so complicated, the hustle and bustle of everyday traumas can make us lose focus about what is truly important or what is only a momentary setback or crisis..

This week, be sure to give your loved ones an extra hug, and by all means, take a moment... even if it is only ten seconds, to stop and smell the roses.

This comes from someone's heart, and is read by many and now I share it with you..

May God Bless everyone who receives this! There are NO coincidences!

Everything that happens to us happens for a reason.

Never brush aside anyone as insignificant. Who knows what they can teach us?

I wish for you, a sandpiper.

Thank You, Magpie.

Tue, Jul 15, 2014 - 5:35pm
foggyroad

Excellent Resource

https://www.sermonindex.net/

About This Ministry

Sermonindex is not an attempt by man to build something for God. It began as God gave the burden and only will continue as He is guiding the work being fully trusted. It began by a work of God's Spirit and for His glory: Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD Almighty (Zechariah 4:6). The work and ministry of SermonIndex can be encapsulated in this one word: Revival. Concepts such as Holiness, Purity, Christ-Likeness, Self-Denial and Discipleship are hardly the goal of much modern preaching. Thus the main thrust of the speakers and articles on the website encourage us towards a reviving of these missing elements of Christianity. This biblical balanced Christianity is something needed desperately today. Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain (Psalm 127:1). The desire for a Spiritual Awakening (revival in a larger-sense) is close to the heart of this ministry. That we would see God working in such a way that sin would be forsaken, restitution be made, Christ honored and the morality of society even changed.

'The mission of SermonIndex is the preservation and propagation of classical Biblical preaching and the promotion of genuine Biblical revival to this generation.'

One of the original members who registerd on SermonIndex made this comment which rung true to our journey in finding these resources: I was now beholding a precious gem, what my heart had been longing for. The strong preaching that seems to have gone by the wayside has once again been resurrected. Today there is a cry for the authentic and genuine in the midst of today's lukewarm nominal christianity. This following Scripture was given by God during the founding of the ministry of SermonIndex: A horrible and shocking thing has happened in the land: The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority, and my people love it this way. But what will you do in the end? (Jeremiah 5:30-31).

Q. When did SermonIndex start?
Answer. The ministry of sermonindex started officially in December 2002. The conception of the site began a year before that when the founder read a book Why Revival Tarries by Leonard Ravenhill. This book deeply impacted and gave a sense of clarity to many questions relating to the desire for true revival in Church. The first media to be added to the site were the Leonard Ravenhill Videos which you can now download as a podcast. These video tapes were given by the Ravenhill family which you can order still.

Q. What is the reach of this ministry?
Answer. SermonIndex has been able to reach into 215 countries in the world in the last 9 years with million's of sermon downloads. All these resources have been made freely available to God's people. Read some commendations of SermonIndex.net from various ministry leaders and pastors.

Q. Who runs SermonIndex?
Answer. The body of Christ. Since its inception volunteer support has made it possible to archive thousands of audio, video and text sermons and other resources on the website. The true ownership of the website belongs to God and His people who have made it a inter-denominational expression of the body of Christ world-wide. The ministry founder is currently running the website ministry by faith.

Q. Please define to us the SermonIndex motto statement?
Answer. This phrase 'Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival' was adopted early on as the SermonIndex website grew in its vision and purpose. This desire for genuine revival was birthed after hearing the preaching ministry of Leonard Ravenhill. A message given titledChrist Magnified In Our Bodies, was the first message added to SermonIndex and clarifies this desire.

Q. Does SermonIndex have a certain denominational emphasis?
Answer. No. SermonIndex desires to be a expression of the apostolic church found in Scriptures (Book Of Acts). It is a inter-denominational ministry with 100's of different denominations and ministries involved. Revival, Holiness, Authenticity, and a genuine experience of Biblical Christianity is core the values of this ministry. We believe that the Church of Jesus Christ is larger than any one denomination or group, and that Christ has His love slaves in many different sections of the visible church in many different parts of the world. A general statement of faith can be read below.

Q. Is there a statement of faith for the website?
Answer. Being undenominational, we seek to minister to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity (Eph. 6:24), and to love all who love Him (John 15:12; 1 John 4:20-21). By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples, if ye have love one to another (John 13:35). We hold to the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, as the inspired word of God. We believe in the New Birth, and that Salvation is a free gift of God through Jesus Christ to all who will repent, and believe the Gospel (Mark 1:15; John 3:16). We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus, the only begotten Son of God (Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-35; Luke 2:1-7; John 1:14; John 3:16; Acts 13:16-41; 1 John 4:1-15). We believe in the deity of God the Father, the deity of Jesus, the Son of God, and the deity of the Holy Spirit. We believe that, while we were yet sinners, Jesus Christ shed His precious Blood on the cross, and died, that we might have life, and have it more abundantly (Rom. 5:8; John 10:10). We believe that Jesus rose again from the dead (1 Thess. 4:14; Luke 24:1-8; Acts 10:34-41; Luke 24:33-46). We believe that Jesus, some days after His resurrection from the dead, ascended to God in heaven (Acts1:1-10; Eph. 1:15-23). We believe in the personal return of Jesus with power and great glory (Luke 21:27), and that His return is an event for saved people to look forward to with great expectation and with constant watchfulness and prayer (Luke 21:34-36; 1 John 3:2-3). We believe that this same Jesus, which was taken up from the apostles into heaven, shall so come in like manner as they saw Him go into heaven (Acts 1:1-11). We believe it is the privilege and duty of every Christian--to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and to live a holy life, and to be always ready for the return of Jesus, and that, in the meantime, each Christian should Occupy (keep busy in His will, and in His service) till the Lord's return (John 7:37-39; Acts 1:8; Eph. 5:18; Matt. 24:44; Luke 19:13; Titus 2:11-15; 1 Peter 1:13-19).

Q. What are some of other resources that are highly recommended?
Answer. Subscribe freely to the official iTunes SermonIndex Classics Podcast featuring various speakers.. SermonIndex Classics Podcast. We also highly recommend this free ebook: Touching Godliness by K.P. Yohannan

Q. Can I put a link to SermonIndex.net?
Answer. Yes. This is encouraged and it helps us spread these messages to many more people. We also have a selection of image banners you can use to put on your website for free.

Q. How Do you download multiple sermons automatically?
Answer. To download multiple sermons automatically we have created a SermonIndex Software application that you can download on your desktop computer. We encourage believers to download many or all of the 250GB mp3 archive with this tool to help share these sermons with others and provide multiple backups of them all around the world. Here are the installers for the Software: Windows, Linux, Mac. (The linux and mac version of the software requires technical knoweldge please view this article for help).

This is a wonderful resource you can download free Sermons of all your favorites onto an Ipod or thumb drive.

If and when the internet goes dark this vast wealth of beautiful inspiration can then still be accessed for your Home church, or Bible study.

What a fine Ministry this is, I have yet to locate a thumb drive to do this myself but will asap.

God Bless.

Fri, Aug 8, 2014 - 12:37am
foggyroad

Looking for a top quality Bible?

https://localchurchbiblepublishers.com/

Local Church Bible Publishers is a ministry of Parker Memorial Baptist Church located in Lansing, MI. We are NOT a business, but are equipping the saints with the Sword of the Spirit for the work of the ministry, by love serving one another. (Galatians 5:13) We are able to provide you with all of these high quality King James Bibles at the COST of production partly because of our missionary families that keep our ministry running smoothly.

These Bibles are on the average 1/3 of the price you would pay for them in a bookstore. We believe that it is the Local Church’s responsibility to publish the Word of God, and we do not feel that we should make merchandise (a profit) of the Bible. If we have been a blessing in saving you money, please consider a love offering to allow this wonderful ministry to continue to provide these great products. Please spread the word about what the Lord is doing here. Please pray also for the ministry and the missionary families that labour in this great work.

Will you prayerfully consider supporting one of our

missionary families through your local Church?

https://localchurchbiblepublishers.com/product/400-mid-size-note-takers-black-basic/

400 Mid Size Note Takers Black (Basic)

Made for the serious note taker, enables one to write out whole sermon outlines on each page or take a great quantity of notes. Handsome hard-working Bible designed to last for years. Complete with award page, concordance and maps. This Bible contains the Preface to the King James Version 1611, “THE TRANSLATORS TO THE READER.”

previous

PlayPrevious

2/2

Next

400-MidSizeNoteTakersOpen1

​Search these Marvelous Products these Fine Brothers and Sisters provide.

They have a basic top quality cowhide bound Basic Bible, that is one of the nicest I have seen at any price, let alone at the sticker price of 30.00 usd.

355 Hand Size Standard (Black)

Great ‘starter’ Bible with nice print in a convenient size. No extras; just the Word of God. Red edges. Available in black covers only. This Bible contains the Preface to the King James Version 1611, “THE TRANSLATORS TO THE READER.”

God Bless this Ministry.

I have purchased here and recommend them Highly.

Close

Tue, Aug 12, 2014 - 8:09pm
foggyroad

Mr. Fix posted this Gem over on Dots

Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus || Spoken Word

​Watch and be enlightened.

Thank You,

Mr. Fix

Study your fellowship with your church, does it place itself in between you and Jesus?

If it teaches Salvation through it, and not Salvation through a personal relationship with Jesus, run don't walk to the nearest exit.

Buy a good Bible and read it, discover Jesus in the Bible, pray directly to Him, and get truly saved.

God Bless You, pm me if you have any questions, if I can't answer you directly, I'll point you to where you can find the answer.

Love foggy

Kari Jobe - We Exalt Your Name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAfN30Vlg-Y

Fri, Aug 22, 2014 - 5:31am
Hayman
-
NE

Foggyroad thank you

Peace be with you. Thank you for doing the work of Christ within you. For letting the Holy Spirit express Gods message through you. I accepted Jesus at a young age. But I was raised in the RCC and did not know the full Gospel. In hindsight it was the organization that fooled me into thinking I was saved and it was the organization that led me altogether away from being saved and into the darkness. I searched for worldly meaning and found answers, but even with lots of answers, still felt the futility of King David in the first nine verses of Ecclesiastes. It was the love I have for my children that led me (and my family) to accept an invitation from a friend to attend a non-RCC church three years ago. I remember the first service during a praise hymn thinking how fooled these people were. They had adult bible study during the children's Sunday school and convinced me to sit in. It was reading (for the first time really) God's Word that eventually (long story) led to me recieving the babtism of the Holy Spirit this spring. This has made his word come alive, given me eyes to see and ears to hear, let me fear God, and replaced anxiety with Joy. I no longer wonder if I would recognize Jesus if he came back because I recognize him in the here and now doing his work in the people next to me, in me and in You. When the pastor was going to be absent one week, she asked that I give my testimony to the congregation. Your posts were very meaningful and watered my faith. God bless you.

Sat, Aug 23, 2014 - 10:01pm Hayman
foggyroad

Bless You, Hayman

Praise the Lord.

The Spirit of Truth is doing a mighty work in these Latter Days.

I read your kind words, and felt a blessed joy Hayman.

Thank You, all Glory unto our Father in heaven.

The Holy Spirit is calling the loving hearts of His children from within the denominational systems, not just the RCC.

Lovers of God, have a yearning tugging at their hearts, Jesus is knocking at the door.

Invite Him in and He will break bread and sup with you.

The Word, the Sword of Truth, is being furbished it's brightness gleaming in the midst of darkened, blind and naked Laodicean churches.

Hayman,

Love for your children compelled you to seek answers to burning questions simmering in your heart.

What a fine testimony Hayman,

Love drove you to Love, and His Spirit settled on You, I cannot think of a more beautiful sentiment.

May God's Peace and Grace increase and cover always, You and your loving Family in Jesus holy name.

Amen.

Your Brother in Christ,

with thanks,

foggy

Fri, Sep 5, 2014 - 4:27pm
foggyroad

Regenerated Man

https://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/ye_must_be_born_again.htm

excerpt..

"What Does It Mean To Be Born Again?"

"This term “born again” first appears in the Bible in John chapter three...

“There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again” (John 3:1-7).

An unsaved man once said to me, “That born again stuff makes no sense to me.” Perhaps you feel the same. There are “How To Be Saved” articles all over the internet (and I am thankful for them all), but many people want a complete explanation of what it means to be “born-again.” Why do we need to be born again? What does it mean? That is my purpose in this article, that is, to explain this great Biblical doctrine in layman's terms. Please give me a moment and I will make it as plain as you've ever heard. Most people have religion, but very few people have ever been Biblically born-again. Unless you are born again, you absolutely cannot go to Heaven (John 3:5).

Simply put, to be “born again” means to have He (Jesus) Who is the beginning born in you. In Revelation 1:8 Jesus said, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet, respectively. Man by birth is spiritually dead, which I will explain further in a moment. To be born-again is a miracle of God, by which Jesus Christ comes into your body to live, literally in the form of the Spirit of God. Romans 8:9, “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” "

Regenerated Man

The biblical Rebirth can only be accomplished through a sincere, humbled heart fully surrendering itself to Christ.

A priceless free Gift.

Once done, a regeneration takes place, a marvelous transformation, the inflow of God's Holy Spirit will take your breath away.

Through Prayer and Study of God's Word, the bible, with new eyes, new ears, and a Spirit led heart the Holy scriptures come alive.

Really.

Chapter and verse take on amazing qualities, the words impress upon you new full meaning.

Meditation on various scripture allows God's voice to become clear and distinct, the Word becomes a living thing.

God communicates by placing specific scriptures into your study, to teach and enlighten your new walk with Him.

Pray to God for insight on your questions, and turn to the bible for His answers.

With diligent prayer and study revelation becomes more frequent, amazing insight into your own heart, as well as God's Heart.

Spiritual growth will continue until His voice will become very recognizable within your heart.

Our Father (LIVE) - Jenn Johnson | For The Sake of the World

God's will and voice becomes impressed upon your heart, you start to slowly come to emulate Jesus' Personality, itself a mirror of God's personality.

The Holy Spirit resides within you, when you listen to it a measure of fullness is felt, if you go against it a real noticeable diminishment of Spirit is felt.

Prayer with contrition will result in a refilling or a top up of the Holy Spirit, a reclamation of the nearness of God.

A simply beautiful sensation.

Prayer and Study build an inner awareness of the power of the Living God present within your new regenerated being.

This indwelling of Christ within, is attainable to anyone regardless of Church attendance or affiliation.

Your church cannot save you, only you can do this.

Pray to Jesus, stay in your church, ask of the Lord and receive Him within.

He will answer all sincere hearts who call upon Him.

God wants to save you, Yes you, all you have to do is ask, and never walk alone again.

A Little Longer - Jenn Johnson & Bethel Music - You Make Me Brave

God Bless.

Mon, Sep 8, 2014 - 2:24am
Hayman
-
NE

Higher Ground

Uplifting bluegrass gospel music by The Purple hulls: Higher ground I will also testify to anyone reading that everything foggy wrote in the post above is true!

Thu, Sep 18, 2014 - 7:54pm
foggyroad

An interesting You Tube

An interesting You Tube ministry, I have no affiliation with Allan Horvath but found his teachings interesting.

I hope you do too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/WatchAlan/featured

Yom Teruah (Rosh haShanah)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAR2dFBYUTA&list=UUx27masbp16NFGQGI8...

​Please enjoy, if you want to visit WatchAlan's You Tube please click top link.

All credit to Allan Horvath.com

God Bless

Fri, Sep 19, 2014 - 7:01am
foggyroad

Jesus sat and ate with Sinners

Why?

"And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him.

And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?

When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Mark 2:15-17

Because Sinners need the free loving precious gift, that only Jesus can give.

There is nothing We can do, nothing that We may have done, that cannot be forgiven through the boundless Grace of our Merciful heavenly Father.

None of us are too far gone into a Life of Sin, no matter what you may have done, to ask for forgiveness.

God loves all his children, He wants You, especially You, who feel that you are too steeped in a life of sin to ever be able to change, that you are somehow beyond redemption.

He wants to comfort You, and wrap His arms around You.

God still cares, He still loves You and wants you to be with Him in His eternal Kingdom.

All you have to do is believe, believe Jesus Christ is real, the real Son of God.

Humble yourself, call on Jesus, ask Him to save You from the life of sin you are in.

God is all powerful, a gentle Loving Father, he sent Jesus Christ to give everlasting Life to all who believe and call upon His Name.

Bend a knee, and ask with all your heart for Jesus to come to you and save you, He will hear you, He is standing right beside You.

Come as you are, only Jesus can you give a new clean Heart, and a fresh white robe, Life Eternal.

Jesus will help you repent and turn from your Sin.

God Loves You.

Video unavailable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au3v4e0o4l4&list=UU_sOcl6ru1_sZYSyi5dIBr...

Bless You.

Tue, Sep 23, 2014 - 8:32pm
NW VIEW

Salvation

Great post foggy.

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Tue, Sep 23, 2014 - 8:37pm
foggyroad

Churches and Salvation

Repost.

Hi Steph, I have been trying to find a Spirit led Church, for many many years, a church that puts Jesus Christ as the cornerstone, the Stone upon everything must be built.

From this Stone, the same as the one Moses smote in the wilderness, from which the waters of Life gushed forth to sustain Jacob's seed in the wilderness.

From this Stone, Jesus the same Rock that met the Samaritan woman at the well and told her if she knew who He was she would ask Him for a drink of Water, His water, that would forever quench her thirst that she would never need drink again.

Jesus is that Rock of Salvation, the Tree of Life, the source of the waters of Eternal Life.

Jesus Christ the Way, the Truth and the Life.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

John 14:6 kjv

Jesus on the Cross, when thrust through with the Romans spear water and blood exited the wound in separate streams.

One blood, the other water.

Proving that Jesus is the Life of Men, the source of the Living waters that once flowed from the Tree of Life in the midst of the Garden of Eden.

I know of no churches in any of the main denominational systems, that use this Stone only, as the foundation for their existence, they all add to, or take away from this simple but crucial Truth.

Home churches, small churches do I believe exist, but I have yet to find a block and mortar one.

I believe we have a tiny church like that over at the Thread of Faith, where we have been studying the Pilgrim Church in our outdoor picnic cyber venue, please stop in for some cold fried chicken, potato salad, and a frosty lemonade, and some loving Fellowship.

In my view Clergy are unnecessary, tradition that is scriptural should be adhered to, but doctrines and traditions not in scripture have to be very seriously examined to determine whether they place God in His Exalted Place, and not Man in place of God.

In my view all heresy is accomplished simply by adding to, or taking away from the Holy Bibles Scriptures.

The main focus of a true servant of God is to do everything in His or Hers power to magnify and sanctify God and his Holy Name.

Love God with all your Heart, and Love your Neighbor the same.

Any church deviating from these basic principals is in error in my opinion, that said anyone in any church, can get salvation in their Prayer closet at home.

Simply by believing in and declaring Jesus Christ is the Son of God, confessing your belief in Jesus' death, resurrection, and Blood sacrifice, full atonement of all mankind's sin.

Confessing your sin and need for forgiveness, with a contrite and humble heart, with your mouth, and asking for God's Mercy Grace and Forgiveness upon themselves, and asking for the Holy Ghost to fill your Heart and to help guide their lives.

God will clean your heart, and cleanse your Soul, wash your robe to a new bright white.

Amen.

JW's SDA's Protestants, Methodists, Catholics, Pentecostals, Mormons, athiests, agnostics, Jews, Muslims, anybody anywhere, all tongues, tribes, nations, will receive the Holy Ghost if an honest heart is humbled and a knee bowed.

You will have Christ within, you will never be alone again, what love is our Saviour!

I believe Jesus has the most inclusive church in the World.

All who believe on the Son of God shall be saved unto the Kingdom of God.

Praise the Lord.

Amen.

Choose Life, Choose Jesus, with Love;

Tue, Sep 23, 2014 - 9:42pm
foggyroad

off to the Picnic :0)

Thank You NWV, I have been really enjoying your posts, keep up the good work,

God Bless; Brother

Wed, Sep 24, 2014 - 11:52am
foggyroad

Rapture or Not post trib mid trib pre trim?

https://www.remnantofgod.org/rapt2.htm

Well first off let me state, I consider myself Pan-Trib, it will all pan out in the end.

This Rapture Debate has been going on for quite a few years, I have tried to get a handle on it, but still haven't been able to firmly resolve myself to a particular belief solidly backed definitively through scripture.

I don't think we are supposed to know, it is one of those Mysteries the Lord puts before us.

A COLLECTION OF VERSES LINKING TRIBULATION WITH CHRISTIANS
Hint: WE WILL BE HERE!

• Psa.27.5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
  • Psa.37.39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.
  • Matt.10.17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
  • Matt.10.18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
  • Matt.10.19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
  • Matt.10.20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
  • Matt.10.21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
  • Matt.10.22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
  • Matt 24:9-14 "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."
  • Matt.24.22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
  • Matt.24.23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
  • Matt.24.24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
  • Matt.24.25 Behold, I have told you before.
    Matt.24.26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
  • Matt.24.27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
  • Luke 21:28 When these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh..
  • John.16.33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
  • Acts.14.22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
  • 2 Thes 2:9 "Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,"
  • Rev.1.7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen
  • Rev.7.14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Wed, Sep 24, 2014 - 12:19pm
foggyroad

Response to a few questions from Steph

Well Stephanie, you are a fine Human Being with a loving heart and a sharp mind imho, from our online interactions.

You have raised several valid points some of which I have heard and or dealt with before, and some I will have to research a bit.

It is late but I will address each point eventually to the best of my ability, my aim is to be as factual as possible and also with a mind to respect your heritage within your Catholic back ground, and also your Episcopalian current Church.

I first have to find out what an Episcopalian is. :0)

As far as Clergy, goes my main focus is to get people on the right path, to Salvation.

Salvation is really very simple as my post above details.

Believe, confess, repent, ask for Forgiveness, receive the Holy Spirit within.

Not a lot of Clergy input or consultation required none in fact except for an optional water baptism at a local church in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. (Holy Spirit)

I received the Holy Spirit within sitting on my leather couch in a towel after a shower in 98 degree heat as the rain poured harder and harder outside, eventually I stood under the rain and pledged my heart and soul to the Father, Son And holy Ghost.

You do this and you will feel the Peace and Love and Fire of the Holy Spirit within. Breath taking experience, life changing really.

You have now been reborn in the Spiritual body, and the Holy Spirit will start a mighty work within your heart and mind,

your conscience may start to point out some of your less redeeming qualities, and your refining process has started.

Praise the Lord.

You will have a real thirst for Bible study, the Holy Scriptures hold the Keys to knowledge about your new focus in Life, our Father in heaven, Abba Father, Jesus Christ is a Mirror image of El Shaddai, the Almighty.

You become so in love with Him you want to know everything there is to know about Him so that you might please Him and thereby make yourself very happy.

Start reading Matthew, John , 1 John will give you a good grasp of who Jesus was and is, also a good idea of who God the Father is.

Then read Genesis, Numbers ,Daniel, Revelation, Isaiah, Exodus, Hebrews Ephesians, Ruth etc. there are many reading plans but I like to plan and also flip open especially when I have been meditating on a tough verse or passage.

Read your favorite Bible, study it, if you have a question regarding a Passage or Verse, check context read a couple of verses above and below to seek clarity.

Try a different Bible version, I use the King James Version, 1769 because Strong's Concordance is Keyed to the original Hebrew Greek text in the underlying original manuscripts.

But I also read it because it is simply beautifully worded, gentle flowing prose in olde middle English.

It is not everyones cup of tea, there are some very good versions, the Duay Riehms is a catholic bible an Amplified Bible.

Maybe an old NASB.

Note, garage sales, flea markets, are good sources to build your Bible Library.

Blue Letter Bible, is a free Bible resource with interlinear translations, comparable versions, commentaries from scholars,

and famous Pastors.

Bible Gateway is another fine resource.

You tube Chuck Missler for bar none top expositional explorations of all the Bible.

His Revelation series is 24 1 hour videos very worthwhile.

Isaiah is 30 or 40 hours very good university credits available for all Chucks courses.

Finally pray always to God and ask Him to clarify that verse to you, There are study Bibles, of your favorite flavours which can also help.

Continued later Bed time.

God Bless

foggy

Wed, Sep 24, 2014 - 1:02pm
foggyroad

Stephanie

I have moved our conversation over to my kitchen, hope you don't mind.

Sooo..

Stephanie Wrote;

thanks foggy

Hat Tip!

Thanks, you wrote a lot of beautiful stuff!

Just a comment (or two) about this:

In my view Clergy are unnecessary, tradition that is scriptural should be adhered to, but doctrines and traditions not in scripture have to be very seriously examined to determine whether they place God in His Exalted Place, and not Man in place of God.

The Catholic view is that the Apostle Peter founded the Catholic Church and has given them a set of teachings to uphold, which are carried down through the centuries through the lineage of priests that trace themselves back to Peter through "apostolic succession."

Since the Protestant Reformation, Protestants do not recognize Catholic Church teachings outside of the Bible nor the authority of the Catholic Church. Catholics, would on the other hand, tell you that there would be no Bible would it not be for the Catholic Church or its original "extra-Biblical" teachings that enabled them to put together the Bible in the first place! :-)

My concern with some Protestant interpretations of the Bible is that some of them are actually based on their own (newer) traditions and don't necessarily hold up to scrutiny. In my view, I think the evidence for "The Rapture" in the Bible is completely specious at best and is reaching. It is only a recent dogma from a particular sect in the mid-1800s if I am not mistaken.

We need to be careful about claiming to know the heart of God. Therefore, I feel that saying that my interpretation of the Bible is 100% correct and anyone who disagrees is (insert witchcraft reference here)...well, that's just as if not more dangerous than extra-Biblical teachings.

Jesus never said "Believe in the Bible according to one strict interpretation" - he said "Follow me."

I wish Christians could agree to disagree a bit more on this. I go to a great Bible-based church and have taken classes there, and they are smart and kind. They find a great balance between being scripturally "sound" and yet are not so rigid over interpretation as to be pounding their fist on the table about it in a heavy-handed, vitriolic, exclusive manner.

At the same time, I am going to check out a class on the book of Revelation at a local Catholic Church next month. I am curious as to what they are going to teach about it.

"Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."

Rev 1:3 kjv

Strangely Steph. when I was 13 or 14 I read Genesis and then Revelation.

First and Last.

Praise Jesus.

First and Last.

Amen

God Our father in Heaven Bless and Keep You Stephanie.

Wed, Sep 24, 2014 - 2:24pm
Nana

Great Catching Away

AKA rapture.

There are many thoughts on pre, mid and post.

The arguments can be fierce and often times totally out of control as one tries to persuade others to their point of view however this site as a whole for the most part has afforded most to say/give their viewpoint without being bashed and humiliated. I think a simple statement of what you believe and why is often times the best way to avoid tension, arguments and chastising.

I do believe in a pre-tribulation rapture for a few reasons.

1) God's feast days in Leviticus chapter 23 and 24 lays out God's days, his timeline, his instructions.

Jesus was/is the Lamb without blemish and was slain on the Feast of Passover.

He was buried on the feast of Unleavened Bread which started the day after Passover.

He rose 3 days later on the feast of Firstfruits.

These are the first 3 feast days of God and always occur in the spring and Jesus fulfilled them to a T in the exact order written in the bible.

The next feast day on God's calendar is the feast of Pentecost which was also fulfilled when the Holy spirit came. This is a late spring/early summer feast day.

So 4 of the 7 feast days of God has literally been fulfilled in the exact order written in the bible.

The next 3 feast days of God are all occur in the fall and have not yet been fulfilled, they are feast of Trumpets/Rosh Hashanah, feast of Atonement/Yom Kippur and feast of Booths/Tabernacles/Sukkot. These 3 fall feast days happen in rapid succession. Tishri 1 feast of Trumpets/Rosh Hashanah, Tishri 10 feast of Atonement/Yom Kippur, Tishri 15 feast of Booths/Tabernacles/Sukkot.

Part 1, forgive me I type slow and didn't want to lose what is typed before it timed out.

Wed, Sep 24, 2014 - 2:41pm
-
Nowhere, AK

thanks again foggy

I first have to find out what an Episcopalian is. :0)

Episcopalians are the American version of the Church of England and are part of the greater Anglican Communion worldwide.

It is very similar to the Catholic Church except it is democratic (Bishops are elected) and there is no Pope.

My problem with the Episcopal Church right now is that its leadership is trying to turn the church into a progressive political tool and some of the more prominent Episcopal "thinkers" right now are downright atheistic and deny Jesus's divinity (James Spong).

There has been a big schism in the Episcopal Church over the ordination of gay priests, and many local conservative churches have left to either go independent or join a more conservative Anglican organization. It's more than gay priests, though. It's the bishop sending out a letter that is put in your bulletin asking you to support gun control laws. Or flyers by Episcopal groups going on about ending Israeli "apartheid." It's basically become a tool for the Democratic party.

I am a libertarian so inserting liberal politics into my church upsets me. I am an Anglican in the tradition of C.S. Lewis. Basically the old school Episcopal church is being swept away in America over political correctness, which is why it is dying out as a religion and has only 2 million members. Many former Episcopalians have become Catholic now. If I had to pick between a Bible-based denomination or Catholicism, I would go Catholic. Going to church without a liturgy is like cotton candy to me. I enjoy it but I feel church is not really church without the Eucharist.

Wed, Sep 24, 2014 - 3:35pm
Nana

Cutting To The Chase

Rosh Hashanah starts at moonrise tonight with the New moon and so does the new 7 year Shemitah cycle. I believe the rapture will happen on a Rosh Hashanah, which one I do not know however it may be this one or the next one or maybe a later one but the signs are clear we are in the last days. There is much I want to share and if this is not your cup of tea just scroll by the post.