Site Suggestion Box

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, May 1, 2013 - 12:36pm
Nick Elway

Time stamp issues continue

Time can be a nasty problem.

I like to read the site by https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comments/recent so I catch breaking news first and don't miss recent forum activity.

Today for many hours this post was newest even though it was 5 hours old. https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/596373#comment-596373

That seems to have recently freed up, with https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/193763#comment-193763 from 3 minutes ago finally showing as newer.

My suggestion is to have a look at (and fix if you can) what makes time ordering screwy.

Thanks, Nick.

edit OMG I just noticed the comment sequence number must have been the problem. The comment that broke the logjam was the 5 hour old comment+1

edit edit And this comment is from TOMORROW (May 2) so maybe time is still an issue https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/193751#comment-193751

Wed, May 1, 2013 - 4:51pm

Nick, we're aware of the

Nick, we're aware of the problem. This has to do with a timekeeping issue on the server. It has to be addressed by the hosting provider.

Sat, May 18, 2013 - 6:15am Mudsharkbytes
Seb
-
XX

For main site (for Turd's

For main site (for Turd's articles):

Mudsharkbytes wrote:

When I want to go to the next page, I ALWAYS have to scroll to the bottom. If page navigation buttons were on top as well as the bottom, that would help.

+1

Mudsharkbytes wrote:

Also, after reading Turds commentary on page one, I always have to scroll past it on the following pages to get to the comments. If there was a way to make Turds commentary static and only reload the next page of comments, that would speed things up.

+1

Tue, Jul 30, 2013 - 10:32am
tread_w_care
-
The Sweet Sunny South

How to brand new users find an entry point here?

Especially in light of the new pay wall changes?

I have some friends (finally!) asking about TEOTGKE and what steps they can take. I'd love to point them here, due to our professed mission, but if you take a look at the main page right now, it would be absolutely overwhelming for a 'new' or newly awakening person to make heads or tails of the site.

What I'd like to see is a permanent, sticky link on the Top Nav or somewhere prominently displayed that would give the new person an FAQ, baseline resources, brief ease-into-it type introduction, guide, something. What we have now is (IMHO) very intimidating to the uninitiated, and I don't believe that's the intent.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric_Bastiat
Thu, Aug 1, 2013 - 8:31am
Bsquash
-
Canada

Please No Podcasts

Turd,

I love the site. I read it every day.

I will consider paying for the "walled" content but I cannot deal with information in podcasts. My schedule does not allow for it.

I can read at my desk at work. I can read at the dinner table. I can read in bed at night. But I can't listen to podcasts in any of those places.

If most of the information is in podcast format going forward, I will not be able to pay because I wont be able to listen. So far this week I have only been able to listen to one of the three podcasts and I feel like I am having withdrawals, like I am out of the loop.

Is it possible to post transcripts or something?

I'm very sad.

Bsquash

PS: I would have posted this on mainstreet but I don't know where that is anymore...(this I can deal with, podcasts I cannot.)

Thu, Aug 1, 2013 - 8:31am
Bsquash
-
Canada

Please No Podcasts

Turd,

I love the site. I read it every day.

I will consider paying for the "walled" content but I cannot deal with information in podcasts. My schedule does not allow for it.

I can read at my desk at work. I can read at the dinner table. I can read in bed at night. But I can't listen to podcasts in any of those places.

If most of the information is in podcast format going forward, I will not be able to pay because I wont be able to listen. So far this week I have only been able to listen to one of the three podcasts and I feel like I am having withdrawals, like I am out of the loop.

Is it possible to post transcripts or something?

I'm very sad.

Bsquash

PS: I would have posted this on mainstreet but I don't know where that is anymore...(this I can deal with, podcasts I cannot.)

Tue, Aug 13, 2013 - 11:20am
monkry

Reply could be revamped

Please consider enabling, or fixing the way the "reply" works when posting comments.

Right now "reply" doesn't seem to do anything, but it should include the link to the comment we're replying to, this greatly clarifies what it is peoeple are talking about.

During the first couple days I joined, I believe that when I would reply to somone's comment, the post would include the link to the user's comment. I see that Turd has this functionality still.

TIA.

Thu, Aug 22, 2013 - 8:14pm
Stack'em High

Subscription question / suggestion

Went to sign up for a "month", however, I could not find the terms of a monthly subscription, so...

Question(s), if I signed up today, Aug 22, would the subscription end at the end of Aug? ...or would it be good for a set time, like 30 days, from the date I signed up? Also, it does not specifically state that its non recurring, but it does show a 1x monthly. Would that be 1x monthly recurring, or 1x monthly non recurring?

Suggestion, please clarify those two thing in the "check out" area...

Tue, Sep 3, 2013 - 4:42pm

Stack'em High, the

Stack'em High, the information you're seeking is available on the checkout page (see the "Payment methods" section) and the FAQ page (which is linked from the checkout page). Let us know if you have any further questions.

Fri, Oct 25, 2013 - 7:58pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

Can you help Bag Of Gold?

I've just stopped by her forum, and was disappointed to see that she is having issues logging on,

here's what she had to say:

"I have moved to a new computer system...my Gold Membership has also expired...& it appears that my IP has been blocked from this site now!...I have over 200 bookmarks...& TFMR is the only site I'm unable to get on & stay on after 10 minutes has lapsed!...There is no response from Turd...& also my computer tech guy emailed support...& no response!!!..."

Can anyone look into this?

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Fri, Oct 25, 2013 - 8:25pm
atarangi
-
christchurch
New Zealand

Has Bog been flushed?

I hope Turd can find the time to figure this one out. Bog's forum is a dead duck without her and many people are missing Bog's unique sense of fun.

In high tide fish eat the ants, in low tide ants eat the fish. - Thai proverb

Fri, Oct 25, 2013 - 8:35pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

@ atarangi

"Has Bog been flushed?"

I would say “no”, this is simply a technical issue, to the best of my knowledge, there have only been three people banned from the site, and it was well deserved. Bag of gold is not offensive to anyone, and there would be no reason to flush her from this site.

Hopefully, she'll be back soon.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
randomness