13005 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Jun 3, 2020 - 7:00am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

Finally we are on the same

Finally we are on the same page GL. I've seen the number 333 quite often lately I do not know if it's significant or not and at Moonday early night a got a warning signal!?

Went to bed early 21:30 and woke up almost two hours later by a howling dog. It was a howling from hell, like somebody tried to rip out the hart of the dog. I put on my glasses and looked at the clock 23:23 and it's week 23 ... strange

Thu, Jun 4, 2020 - 9:04am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

No need to worry about the

No need to worry about the recent pullback, this is just a common moonthly pattern.

I am curious about the coming FOMC meeting next week what it would bring to the markets. Many are predicting a top for stock markets and a seasonal pattern for precious. Sell in May and go away, buy back in August/September. It didn't work that well last year so maybe this time is different?

Fri, Jun 5, 2020 - 2:40pm
ancientmoney
-
Madison, WI

Now we know why JPM has hoarded physical silver...

and gold over the last several years. Of course, they did it totally illegally, shorting the prices with unlimited fiat to then buy the phyzz at the low prices they manipulated.

Many of us hoped it meant JPM would sell only into a steadily rising market to make billions. Nope. They seem to have done it to continue controlling the price by lending phyzz to other bankers to sell into the market. Article by Ted Butler.

https://silverseek.com/article/return-precious-metals-leasing

Fri, Jun 5, 2020 - 7:44pm

52 years since 1968

Is that possibly an important thing?

Anything familiar?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968

Sometimes old news can become new news. We can't know such things, only be sensitive to possibilities.

Long standing readers:

Re my post of 17th May:

https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/733883#comment-733883

argentus maximus wrote:
Now.

GV now descending to a more normal level.

That was quite dramatic. Effects lingering in many places. Much collateral damage.

Next peak could also be noticeable. A bit less than a fortnight to go.

argentus maximus

Rhythm and Price http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html

This analyst - global markets

Sat, Jun 6, 2020 - 2:48pm
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

mmm, -68 was quite dramatic

mmm, -68 was quite dramatic too. Double explosions in Richmond Indiana.

and

March 18Gold standard: The United States Congress repeals the requirement for a gold reserve to back U.S. currency.

and

who are in potential trouble now, this is creepy!?

42 is Pi 3x14 and also 42 generations between Abraham and Lord Jesus Christ.

OMG! it just hit me, the dog howled twice and that means a man is about to die.

The belief that dogs have supernatural or psychic abilities has a long history and is found in many cultures. One of the almost universal beliefs is the conviction that the howling of a dog is a death omen.

Some people trace the association between dogs howling and death back to ancient Egypt. In that time and place, the god that took care of the dead was Anubis, and he was represented as having the head of a dog. Thus, a howling dog was believed to be calling a soul to Anubis.

In Ireland, it was thought that dogs howl because they hear the spectral pack of hounds that lead their riders on the wild hunt through the sky collecting the souls of the dying.

An ancient Norse legend has a more amusing explanation. It speaks of the Freyja, the goddess of love, fertility, and magic, but also death. When she is acting as the goddess of death, she rides the crest of a storm on her chariot pulled by giant cats. Because cats are dogs’ natural enemies, it is said that dogs would start to howl when they sensed the approach of Freya and her mystical felines.

Fri, Jun 12, 2020 - 10:56am
UncleFester
-
nunya, MS

Primary A?

If the covid crash was intermediate wave one down, yesterday might have started wave 3 down to primary A. Will the traders get to wear DOW 10K hats again? This chart is for discussion purposes only. Be careful out there.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/Y89szQnc/

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get me.
Fri, Jun 12, 2020 - 2:52pm
UncleFester
-
nunya, MS

Trade war + COVID + Voluntary

Trade war + COVID + Voluntary lockdown + Social Unrest + NIRP/ZIRP + Banking crises....

Here's another chart https://www.tradingview.com/x/E0v1ePfe/

Mon, Jun 15, 2020 - 7:09am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

Morgan Stanley wants to

Morgan Stanley wants to borrow Swedish stocks placed in capital insurance accounts. Starting this fall and they will pay you interest for that deal. Are they preparing a massive short in 2021?

Mon, Jun 15, 2020 - 10:41am Solsson
Stretch67

Headline in my TD Ameritrade account

...Morgan Stanley says the stock market bull has further to run ass investors are still under-pricing the scale of the world's coronavirus recovery.

I listened to The Great Crash-1929 last week. Sure seems as if history is repeating itself. They're out making bold, bullish predictions, while behind the scenes trying to set up as big of short positions as they can.

Mon, Jun 15, 2020 - 1:23pm

Take a 260 day/52 week/12 month trendline according to your pref

Take a 260 day/52 week/12 month trendline according to your preference.

Or a moving average equivalent if that's your thing.

Note a certain rhythm in many markets at that scale. Allow for it and see breaks from the usual rhythm.

Markets sell so far - it's a buying opportunity.

They sell a bit further, the buying opportunity comes but later and after further declines.

Behind the news we don't receive a memo of what's going down. Support and resistance beats market based news every time. It informs me subject to the lmitations to how well I can read it.

End of half year is usually a pivot of some value in figuring out what is what.

argentus maximus

Tue, Jun 30, 2020 - 1:04pm
erewenguy
-
GA

Hello $1800. I've missed you.

Hello $1800. I've missed you.

Fri, Jul 3, 2020 - 4:29am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

Government of France resigns.

Government of France resigns. Another nail in the EU coffin ...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/french-prime-minister-resigns-amid-...

Swedish morning news spinn it like the green wave is kicking out unwanted forces and that it's a good thing that the prime minister resigns, yeah right great analysis from the Swedish "pravda" soviet news!

Mon, Jul 6, 2020 - 9:14pm
silver66

great Grant williams podcast

listen to the one hour and 6 min mark to hour and 9 minute mark

although the whole thing is good

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-jr3bt-e23cce?utm_campaign=u_share...

Silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Sun, Jul 12, 2020 - 10:06am
fahrenheit451

Whither the Z man?

Oh thats right, he only trolls whn gold is down...where has he been since April 6th? Anyone want to place bets he sticks his head out of his hole on the next drawdown?

One would think he'd be here telling us all how he got it so WRONG.

Thu, Jul 16, 2020 - 1:56pm
UncleFester
-
nunya, MS

Thanks

Thanks silver66 for the introduction to Mike Green. I find his thinking, especially on passive investing, very informative. Now that pro-passive funds giant Blackrock is running the US Treasury...whoah Nellie! I like Raoul Pal over at Real Vision too.

Just to recap the US general narrative being pushed a'la "V" shape recovery: 1) It was the best economy ever prior to the virus. 2) The communist Chinese virus is an external event not structural. 3) The economy will bounce back hard and fast because it wasn't a structural event. 4) Markets are forward looking, therefore the bounce back to near all-time highs is justified.

Now some reality. 1) Labor force participation rates were nowhere near their 2000 peaks. Banks and hedge funds were in trouble a'la repo rates blowing out to 10% in September 2019....before the virus. 2) Yes the virus is an external event. 3) The external event has caused an internal structural shift. The US economy is 70% consumption, and baby boomers make up 50% of it. Does anyone really think that their behaviors aren't going to change. The most at-risk group ain't going to the malls to shop, travel to tourist sites or take a cruise for vacation. 4) Based on the numbers above, the markets have come up too far and too fast.

At least 35% (0.75*0.50) of the US economy has been negatively impacted in some way, not including knock-on effects. Activity and revenues have dropped, some of which will never return IMO. Couple that with most western populations beginning to contract, I don't think asset valuations are justifiable. I don't like real estate, stocks, corporate bonds, sovereign bonds and bills...nothing. As investors, what do we turn to for a decent return in the next 10 years?

Good luck out there

Tue, Jul 21, 2020 - 8:34am
erewenguy
-
GA

Silver gaps

Looks like silver is finally going to get some eyes.
SLV chart attacking gaps from April to June 2013.

Wed, Jul 22, 2020 - 9:07am

Gold:USD Weekly

Here's an update of something I showed here for the first time in February 2013.

That's post #7 of this forum (and several update posts since then also):

https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/588045#comment-588045

There have been some really good hits along the seven years since. And another update is timely.

It shows what it shows.

There are some changes evolved into the picture of these two cycles over the bottoming period. One is a tendency for multiple highs where single highs were more the thing. Similar but less so for lows.

For example the blue could be shifted back to previous interim high, or even possibly forwards to following interim high, from where I've set it.

The red similar but I see just two iterations of it in recent gold price movement.

It's hard to diminish the importance of the signifance of the last turns (using a refreshed setting for these pair as shown). However ... would shifting the red cycle back by interim low work better? I like both but focused upon the more dramatic low here.

So onwards we go in time towards the coming what exactly? Three highs and pair of lows maybe? The usual mixture of information and confusion that listening to the market involves.

You have to be able to function with fuzzy and partial conclusions in this game, always doing the best you can with what you've got.

argentus maximus

Wed, Jul 22, 2020 - 9:11am

PS to the above

I am watching at the half way times as well as the full times.

No cycle in gold remains unchanged for long.

argentus maximus

Wed, Jul 22, 2020 - 10:39pm
silver66

AM et al

Hey guys, some anticipated but unexpected news from the silver66 household

Silver66 Sr. lost his battle with Dementia. He has been released from the disease and is at peace. He was in his 90th year and had a very good run.

One of the jr silver66's is flying home Friday and the family will be together for a week to celebrate my father's life.

enjoy this current run in the bullion and miners, I am following your posts and will be able to turn my attention to this matter shortly

I am reading the posts everyday but my mind is elsewhere.

Silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Fri, Jul 24, 2020 - 11:20am silver66
AGXIIK
-
reno, NV

Our condolences Silver 66

Losing one's parent is hard on the emotions. Losing him to dementia makes it doubly hard. Many on the boards have experienced that event. Our best to you

FTFG CDE

AGXIIK