The setup for the big trade

12970 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 - 6:03am Green Lantern
herple

Green Lantern wrote:

Green Lantern wrote:

Your trolling now. Doubling down for your own ego sake. . Just posting fluff. Way outside the scope of this forum. You didn't expect pushback from so many parties.

Well, a party of one is still a party I guess.

How about this for a troll: I'll stop posting entirely, and the self-proclaimed prescient Trollcatcher can be right and claim another prize. Being right seems to be where your concern lies, so I bet you'll like it. It's certainly easier than being critical, no?

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 - 7:07am
silver66

Nudging to spend money

An interesting post in the CBC today

Seems, msm thinks inflation is coming and people should spend now,also appears that a rotation out of bonds is suggested(whatever that means as if one person sells another buys)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/inflation-s-return-would-up-end-consume...

Silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 - 11:16am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

Tx AGXIIK, our golden balrog,

Tx AGXIIK, our golden balrog, that is much stronger and smarter(true) than Sauron's dito, is flexing it's muscles today I would be much calmer if a close above 1705. I am watching this very carefully.

I hope Silver66 nailed it today with his post. No I do not want higher prices, but what can we do? He got a Phi number of heads up at 16186, that must mean something. I smell a bond crisis coming and a dark cloud rising at the horizon.

Fri, Apr 10, 2020 - 6:10am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!

Looks a little bit like a coronavirus and it is, not a virus but a corona. The crown chakra. I am entering the land of 7 or the seventh chakra.

Sat, Apr 18, 2020 - 11:31am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

My new project called OZONE,

My new project called OZONE, interesting name. Last three projects k2f08-sputnik-ozone.
Searched ozone and this image showed up

Corona again, strange and my first name means corona. Too many coronas to be a coincidence.
I've added the purpEL mythological alchemy bird Phoenix, same color as the seventh seal.

Mon, Apr 20, 2020 - 4:52pm
silver66

Interesting the movement in oil today

I had made a comment a while ago that the crush in oil could be the big boys trying to secure hydrocarbons for the next number of years really cheap.

Does anyone have a view on today's action? I was wondering if it is computers run wild?

or perhaps some big money saw a way to take down other big money?

think of the consequences to the government coffers of Canada or Saudi. If oil is 12 cents a liter but you are paying 50 cents because of the taxes could make for interesting conversations

or perhaps you are not interested in an EV if you can go a 1000 KM for 20 bucks

Silver66

Wed, Apr 22, 2020 - 6:32am
UncleFester
-
nunya, MS

WTI-WTF?

silver66,

Cushing, OK storage capacity is full. All the speculators and traders either had to roll over the May contract or take delivery of the oil. With nowhere to store the physical oil, they had to sell into a market with no buyers. So the May contract price went negative. May contract expiration date was yesterday so spot price got reset to the June contract price at ~$20 at the open yesterday.

I imagine this is true for any land-locked oil (ie. Canada) once all pipelines and storage tanks are full. I suspect it would also happen to North Sea oil once all the VLCC's are full.

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get me.
Tue, May 5, 2020 - 8:16pm
silver66

Is this a signal or a hanging curve ball?

https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/advanced-economies-need-dee...

Sigh, what should we do?

buy bonds for the capital gains or move to the centre of the monetary fortress and measure our money in ounces rather than $??

Silver66

Wed, May 6, 2020 - 7:00am

Management team don't know either, and R&D are looking into it

Here is a discussion paper regarding which anchor currencies will be favoured during the coming years:

Ilzetk, Ethan; Reinhart, Carmen; Rogoff, Kenneth - Exchange Arrangements Entering the 21st Century; Which Anchor will Hold_2019

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/rogoff/files/ilzetki_reinhart_rogoff_q...

The money is positioning oneself in the place where the world will, in the future decide it wants to be, and by buying in, adjust prices in the getting there. But these people use force of law too in attaining their objectives.

Hypothesis:

If gold and energy are the root of the money tree.

And if the US Dollar is the trunk

With Euro-DM, GBP, and JPY as the next branching (bifurcation)

And eg lesser currencies are the smaller branches

with BTC and prepaid tokens for delivery of assets as the twigs.

Then the twigs are the dangerous place to be, but they graw the fastest if not broken off by bad weather conditions.

Gold is the place to be if the tree is about to sustain damage, significant damage.

If you know a BIG storm is coming, in this analogy, gold at the root is safe.

In fair weather, go to the twigs for growth.

With no weather forecast, or a plethora of falsified forecasts, one of which could be the good one, a collar/spread trade possibility arises, but only with stops on the bad side, or asymmetrical payback from the good side.

Now, getting back to the paper I liked to. Fig 1 shows long term inter-FX volatility.

It seems to me that an increase in long term inter-FX volatility is beginning. Does this mean that the styrong will become weak and vice versa? Maybe. Or maybe instead it means that the two or three biggest swop positions and the collective game goes on.

But that would propose changes in their valuations with respect to each other.

So how can each individual big player hedge? I see two main areas. (A)-go long the next big player and short themselves, or vice versa. and (B) - stay neutral their own FX and hedge by going towards the root.

Derivatives during turmoil? They wil surely have a certain risk assessment regarding the counterparty delivery of their winnings. So the central banks are playing each other (again after 36-38 years) and the banks are below their level in this particular game. The banks are outsiders now, as we are.

Go long club class airline tickets to Basle?

More seriously, FX of energy rich regions that may be increased as percentage of SDR content, and gold?

argentus maximus

Rhythm and Price http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html

This analyst - global markets

Sat, May 9, 2020 - 7:39am
Green Lantern

There is a rumor running

There is a rumor running around that JP Morgan bought 800 million ounces of silver. Kind of like Buffett buying 25% of all the silver. Good luck with that.

There is a 200,000 contract difference in Open Interest in gold between the June and August contract. Go back and look at Open Interest in May in Oil and what happened with that kind of spread. We're going to need buyers to come in here soon.

On the other hand, bitcoin has another halfing this week (you'll have to look that one up) as it busts through it's overhead trendline.

You know the story of the golden calf?? Not all that glitters is gold

$COW

Sat, May 9, 2020 - 8:02am
silver66

Posted this on mainstreet

very good talk by President of Ghana

thought those here would enjoy, not too long

🇬🇭Ghana President Leaves French President SPEECHLESS!!

Silver66

Fri, May 15, 2020 - 8:57am

The Ballad of Chris Duane, by Salivatemetal

SalivateMetal brings back memory of those high premium but oh so nicely designed microminted silver rounds:

What Happened To Chris Duane? TheGreatestTruthNeverTold

12 mins via Ytbe

argentus maximus

Sat, May 16, 2020 - 10:12am argentus maximus
silverseeker

Taking a breather

Thanks for posting this Salivate Metal video AM. There is a vanishingly small proportion of people whom have done what Chris Duane has accomplished in the Silver sector. Literally Billions of people have viewed Silver as money over the millennia, but how many have articulated their beliefs and mobilized them to the extent Chris has?

Long after we have all passed from Earth, his legacy will carry on in the coin designs he brought to life. The never ending battle between those whom want to be left alone and those whom will never leave you alone will rage on, and his designs bear immortal testimony to that war.

killing the banker Ponzi one ounce at a time

Sun, May 17, 2020 - 2:50am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

How I interpret the message

How I interpret the message AM is sending out here is that when the most bullish silver dude ever gives up, that's the time to pay attention to that asset class.

I've never had a doubt in my mind regarding these things and I doubt myself all the time.

The battle now is will gold&silver peak out soon and start a massive decline into a final C Daneric style wave or will gold&silver cut through the ATH like a heated knife through melted butter?

Do we have any clues to look at, where is zman?

Sun, May 17, 2020 - 11:25am

Weekend Post

I wrote a motivational post today.

It seemed appropriate to put it in the Zeitgeist forum. It goes to trump's leadership style, and why the media hate him so intensely, and why he is not a natural candidate of the right either:

Shortcut link for you Setup readers is here:

Trump offers leadership, then sells the masses ...

https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/733866#comment-733866

argentus maximus

Sun, May 17, 2020 - 11:26am

@Sollson

You got a hole-in-one my friend.

argentus maximus

Sun, May 17, 2020 - 11:26am

G-V

Now.

argentus maximus

Mon, May 18, 2020 - 12:14am
AccidentalTourist

Palladium up $150 in a half

Palladium up $150 in a half hour, an then knocked down 100. Was starting to look like silver on a certain Sunday, years ago.
Mon, May 18, 2020 - 5:18am argentus maximus
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

argentus maximus wrote:

argentus maximus wrote:

You got a hole-in-one my friend.

Tx my first HIO!

randomness