12985 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sat, Apr 4, 2020 - 8:58am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

The Machine is working hard

The Machine is working hard these days. The want to transform all of us into hard working slaves who lives in fear or the infamous character orch in J R R Tolkiens masterpiece The fellowship of the ring.

https://theconversation.com/tolkien-and-the-machine-35826

My grandfather was a carpenter, and I don’t think he ever developed much of a sense of trust in machines. I remember him laboring away at our home one summer, transforming our screened-in porch into a dining room. He could drive a nail through a 2x4 with a single blow, a skill I still haven’t mastered. He simply loved making things, and he was good at it. But he referred to the family car simply as “the machine,” and he regarded what lay under its hood with suspicion. He believed that such machines enabled us to travel too far too fast, preventing us from getting to know our own backyards. He feared that the machine age was depriving us of the joy of craftsmanship.

Though he never knew it, I think my grandfather’s attitude toward machines closely paralleled that of Lord of the Rings and Hobbit author JRR Tolkien. Tolkien’s views on the matter are apparent throughout his work, and before the final installment of the Hobbit trilogy fades from cinemas, the time is ripe to revisit Tolkien’s critique. No one is suggesting that we should toss our machines onto the scrap heap of history, but the devices my grandfather and Tolkien decried are now so integral to the world we inhabit that we may have difficulty seeing them, let alone assessing their impact on our lives.

Tolkien’s dark side of machines

To Tolkien, the machine is something far more menacing than a mere mechanical device. Fundamentally, it represents the lust for power – in particular, for power over others. The evil lord Sauron wants the one ring more than anything and is willing to stop at nothing to get it precisely because it will enable him to exert absolute control. The ring is machine par excellence, the device that will enable its possessor to establish absolute tyranny over every other living creature. It is not a means of liberation but a tool of coercion, domination, and enslavement. As the British historian Lord Acton would have warned, the power of the ring not only corrupts but corrupts absolutely.

Tolkien’s ring can be thought of as machine par excellence, the device that will enable its possessor to establish absolute tyranny over every other living creature. LOTR Wikia

The machine’s corrupting power is visible not only in warfare and military conquest, but also in everyday life. For the machine takes something human – the power to produce, which is both creative and life-giving – and transforms it into something dull and enervating. Hobbits like to make things and delight in what they produce – furniture, utensils, carts, simple crops, bread, cheeses, and perhaps above all, ale. But they produce such things for two simple reasons: because they are necessary and because they are a source of pleasure. Labor-saving devices among the hobbits are of the simplest variety, and they make use of their leisure for enjoyment, not to acquire still more.

Men, by contrast, can be duped into supposing that the power to produce is the power to dominate. And domination is possible not only by wielding weapons of war but also by so automating everyday life in the name of saving labor that we become alienated from the very work that defines our lives. Instead of making what we need to live and enjoy life, we simply purchase it; the more wealth we acquire, the more we can afford to purchase. Soon the craftsman at his bench is replaced by a factory full of assembly line laborers. Before long, the laborers are replaced by robots. The joy that comes from making is replaced by a dull ache to consume more.

The orcs take it one menacing step further

The dire implications of the machine are captured in Tolkien’s orcs, as portrayed in Peter Jackson’s cinematic trilogies. These creatures do not come to exist naturally, but are bred by an evil power out of the slime of the earth. They are deformed and ugly creatures, whose hands are sometimes replaced with weapons. They seem to hate everyone (perhaps even themselves), and they take pleasure only in destroying and defiling. Tolkien suggests that they make no beautiful things, perhaps because they cannot recognize beauty. They care only about efficiency and conquest, to which they are driven by evil masters who rule through fear.

The metaphorical orc-ish machine is buried deep within the earth, a hot, constricted place filled by the sounds of clanging and grinding. Here, living things such as trees represent nothing more than raw materials, to be sliced up to produce the implements of domination and destruction. The scene resembles caricatures of Andrew Carnegie’s 19th century Pittsburgh steel plants and Henry Ford’s 20th century River Rouge automobile assembly plant, where men have been turned into mere means of production, mindlessly performing the same repetitive task, hour after hour and day after day. It is a place devoid of love and hope, animated only by a lust to enslave.

The world of the orcs could be thought of as a caricature of Henry Ford’s assembly line, where men mindlessly performed the same repetitive task. Wikimedia Commons

The orcs use technology to enslave others, yet they are also little more than a pseudo-living technology of enslavement. Though sufficiently powerful to threaten goodness, they lead utterly miserable existences. They seem inhuman in part because their humanoid physiognomy deviates so disastrously from our own. But even more, they are utterly lacking in respect for the freedom and dignity of other creatures, something that even wayward dwarfs, elves, hobbits, and human beings are at least capable of recovering. Were the orcs’ conquest ever to be completed, they would have nothing left to live for, nothing good or beautiful to which to aspire.

Have faith: Tolkien gives us hope

Tolkien’s dim view of the machine is awesome in its simplicity. If a means of organizing human life can respect human freedom and dignity, it can be a force for good. A factory is not necessarily a forge of enslavement. But as soon as it starts putting efficiency and productivity ahead of humanity, it begins to resemble the worst chapters of the industrial revolution, as Blake and Dickens damningly portrayed. Human ingenuity becomes nothing more than a tool for inflicting hurt and destruction – exactly what the orcs embody. The machine represents coercion, and it is impossible to virtuously coerce a human being, even for good ends.

But Tolkien’s perspective on the machine is not a fatalistic one. The lust for power is not the sole contender for the human heart. Other longings, such as those for beauty, justice, and fellowship are also at work, and if we listen to them we can reap many of the fruits of technology without selling our souls. Like my grandfather, who tended his grapes on a backyard trellis that he crafted by hand, Tolkien seems to have loved the world, and to have believed that human beings are capable of making it a better, more enjoyable place. To do so, however, we must recognize the machine for what it is – a mere tool with the potential to enslave, against which we must be ever on guard.

Sat, Apr 4, 2020 - 9:31am
HappyNow
-
Canada

I've been reading Armstrong

I've been reading Armstrong since he was in jail, as well. Sometimes he takes an event that is very local out of context or overstates the implications (or, maybe, it's me that doesn't understand the effect of the butterfly flapping its wings)

His computer gets it far more right than wrong, in my experience. He was the first to say his models were picking Trump over Clinton, and he also said that he, himself, did not comprehend the 'why' yet there it was. That's just one example. He often warns that the future is about time and direction, and that if events don't take place on a certain time ie even if they take place, but a month later, it changes the meaning.

If you've been here long you know I daytrade with success. You may not know that I also 'buy and hold', just like many of my friends and family, with Mutual Funds and blue chip stocks etc. Boring stuff but should I find myself in a different mental or physical state, buy and hold shouldn't turn into a train wreck, and will be easily comprehensible to anyone else that needs to manage it.

I have the basic level of subscription to Armstrong. It's not useful for active trading as it doesn't show the raw data, but is a wordy summary. I think anyone trying to use that level as a fine trading tool will get smashed. It is useful for access to the private blog, and it is useful for guidance to the buy and hold. In other words it does what it is advertised to do.

He did lay out enough clues and warnings that I knew when to cash out my buy and hold in February. Truthfully I am a trader and could not resist trying to out time him, was greedy so I stayed in a little longer and got a little burn, but that's on me.
For $15 a month I saved....well....I can subscribe for the rest of my life with it. Even if you follow only his free blog there was enough that you would have avoided the huge losses that followed.

I don't treat him as a god and you shouldn't either. He's got another take, another source of information and in my judgement he gets to be on my short list. I don't take his political editorial as seriously as his financial.

I don't have the more expensive subscription which gives access to his charts and arrays and it's possible that there is more going on there that would influence my opinion.

His position on gold is very clear to me. He was bearish for many of the recent years, then changed to caution/neutral in the past couple. He does see a time, and with the right series of events, when gold can soar. He doesn't 'hate gold' and if that's what you get out of his work you need to move on and read something else, Armstrong is unlikely to work out for you, and that's OK.

I think sometimes that people want to take a pill and get rich. Unlikely to happen that way....as if you will read a blog for free, do very little analysis or even thinking of your own, and be told exactly what to buy, and when, and then when to sell.

As AM said

You. Are. Responsible. For. Your. Financial. Decisions.

AM, thanks for your post above regarding the challenges of analysis and forecasting.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Sat, Apr 4, 2020 - 10:04am argentus maximus
HappyNow
-
Canada

argentus maximus wrote:

argentus maximus wrote:

It's a strange thing. We must be able to take risks. but to survive we must also be risk adverse.

I often think the better traders and analysts merely run faster when things begin to go pearshaped. They abandon ship faster. They don't try to hold onto a failed investment reason longer than the shortest period required to find it is wrong.

They dump theory in the face of facts extremely quickly. No ego investment there!

The market is king. We are its subjects. It rules us.

As a trader who hangs out in the land of the quick and the dead, having observed so many, this is the best insight that I have never seen anywhere else.

Sat, Apr 4, 2020 - 10:44am
zman

Take it or leave it, my

Take it or leave it, my opinion still stands. I have listened to MANY interviews with Armstrong the past 12 months. My conclusion? He's completely incoherent and completely full of it. He doesn't make any sense. Maybe his service is different, but his interviews are very clear. Why anyone would make excuses for that rambling is beyond me.

Sat, Apr 4, 2020 - 3:53pm Green Lantern
herple

Re: UN and taxation

Re: UN and taxation

I’m not saying, or even implying, his concerns have no merit. I’m implying, and now saying, that it seems he has no knowledge of even the basic principles of tax law and either misread or misrepresented the UN article.

If you read my post again you’ll note I stated that the ‘response’ the UN wants doesn’t necessarily have to be a tax, and also that point still stands. We can debate other UN actions and the climate movement if you want, but that would take us too far from the subject of Armstrong’s post, no?

Re: German gold sales

I quoted the title of his post. The rest wasn’t something he said, it was a message of one of his readers, a rough translation of a news post from one of Germany’s gold shops. Something he seemed to have accepted as correct if you read his response.

You are accusing me of misrepresenting his post title, please read again and note the language I used, including that his title ended with a question mark.

You are also saying that I left out that the shop closed for 3 days, yet I linked to his post, linked to the press release and stated that they REopened. I don’t think you’re being fair here.

You can still buy gold there for orders as big as 250.000 euro per order per day, which is alot for private person buyers if you ask me. Are the EU limits you’re referring to the limits on anonymous gold sales being limited to 2.000 euro? Or did they impose new limits?

You are mentioning other things I should have mentioned or responded to that were outside the scope of Armstrong’s article. I’m happy to debate these subjects, but I think I cannot be expected to debate things not mentioned when doing a text analysis.

Your jab about ‘us guys’ not not doing technical analysis is amusing. You’re assuming I’m either Irish or German it seems but I am neither. My TA skills are up for debate.

I think if you’re accusing me of doing a hit job you should do me the courtesy of representing my points accurately and not expect me to have debated things outside the scope of the initial articles.

Again your remarks about real estate are way off base, my comments weren’t about the little guy not being able to afford fine art etc. (and I assume it’s Pailin you’re referring to here, one of the ‘trading bears’ often mockingly referred to by a certain skeptical forum member a long time ago). I’d like to think my comments ARE relevant, because Armstrong used to post about how he fed Socrates lots of historical data. Maybe he did feed the law I linked to Socrates one way or another. I actually have no way of verifying if Socrates is actually accurate or not, a claim I never made, simple because I have never subscribed to it. And IF I ever subscribe to it, you can be sure I’m going to be skeptical, because what I CAN verify makes me assume Armstrong either didn’t know about those laws, or didn’t do all the studies himself (which is realistic, given the scope) and didn’t proofread it or didn’t understand it.

Re: phase transitions and gold

This is a very general example where he mentions a possible phase transition in gold: https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/armstrongeconomics101/basic-concepts/...

It’s from his new (or at least most recent) site. But you’re right, other, older, posts have not always survived the transition between the various iterations of his website and blog.

Re: ego and cycles

It sure is leading. Is it wrong though?

Analysis on past events shows you that at a point in time you would have been very wise to take a position in both gold and real estate to avoid financial harm. Yet you keep hammering on the virtues of real estate for that period, even letting that bias seep over into recent times.

I can’t trust that person to give dispassionate advice or analysis about relevant assets in the future. Maybe he’s more dispassionate in his paid gold reports, or maybe Socrates is. But I trust his public posts about this subject about as far as I can throw them, and it makes me think twice about paying him for analysis.

Re: letters to the president

I’m neutral about people blowing their own horn and being correct about things, they may say or write interesting stuff and it’s good to keep an open mind, even when the information is coming from a showboat.

But others might give more value to his accolades and shows of past accomplishments. They might assume he is correct in all things he writes.

To attribute this to me being burned by trading his systems is quite the stretch.

Re: your addendum

Your addendum, and your first response in fact, make a WHOLE bunch of assumptions about me. I wrote what I wrote.

You’re very right that I can be right or wrong and on the issues I raised I’m pretty confident that I’m right.

Sat, Apr 4, 2020 - 6:31pm
Green Lantern

The article you posted is a

The article you posted is a tutorial NOT forecast or a prediction. He is explaining his lingo-the difference between a sling shot and a phase transition. His entire discussion of gold is a paragraph and change. That's all you could find?

"So yes. Unless gold can close above 1362 on a monthly basis, the risk of a slingshot move still exists"

"The most bullish position for gold would not be a rally, but a slingshot to the downside first. That will convince everyone it’s a bear market and then they will fight the rally exactly as they have done in the US share market. Then you will have the confirmation that it will move sharply higher. Without a slingshot, gold must coil to create the base for a Phase Transition. We should see what will unfold by January."

He is giving you one possibility. In the same way, AM posted multiple possibilities for gold using the elliott wave example and then provided some strategy if the bearish outlook should manifest all with reversal levels, bullish and bearish.

You could do exactly the same thing, go on another forum, point to a very limited portion of the post, say it never came to fruition and therefore he's wrong. Fair warning!! I've seen it done before.

That's NOT an accurate or fair assessment of an incomplete analysis used for the purpose of teaching his trading vernacular. .

Armstrong is providing readers with a very general sense of possibilities. You can't trade that....purposely. His forecast and arrays for traders might have read, "we didn't exceed resistance at the monthly close, therefore the slingshot is off"

you interpret a very general analysis as a specific forecast and yell fire, "HE's WRONG" See everybody.

You introduce an article with a leading statement about incorrectness, a sarcastic remark about his German, and link to an article. Whereas a simple summary, he has reached no definitive conclusions, would have sufficed. You used it to make a case that he is untrustworthy. That's poor sportsmanship.

And IF I ever subscribe to it, you can be sure I’m going to be skeptical,

I can’t trust that person to give dispassionate advice or analysis about relevant assets in the future.

Case closed.

You've publicly disclosed your bias and what you've predicated it upon.

You came here to warn us for the good of all? voice your displeasure? and yet nobody has made any clear references to specific forecasts over a time period, other than Happy Now who seems quite content for the exorbitant cost of $15.00 a month. What's the cost of main street on TFmetals?

Since you're confident that you're right, I'll take that as a declaration you require no further responses. You've aired your grievances.

You now have free time to find others that will serve your needs.

My TA skills are up for debate.

Not really.

Sat, Apr 4, 2020 - 10:48pm
HappyNow
-
Canada

herple, if you want to have a

herple, if you want to have a serious discussion about Armstrong, please make a thread and I will contribute. I won't want to say more in this thread because this is AM's thing, Armstrong is rarely mentioned in the thread, a few people have weighed in, and I see further discussion here as distraction.

Sun, Apr 5, 2020 - 1:54am HappyNow
herple

I thought Armstrong was

I thought Armstrong was relevant because I know people read him, especially when things go sideways.

I see that I’ve struck a nerve. Good. Frankly, I need no permission from someone to start questioning my ‘betters’ and if AM was posting the things Armstrong did, you can be damn sure I’d give HIM hell for it in these trying times. But that’s the beauty of a forum, unless I edit my posts my statements and analysis are there in plain sight and as they were actually written, case closed or not, and I can likewise be challenged on them.

Here’s some thoughts that might add to the discussion at hand, the tug-of-war between inflation and deflation.

At times in the past, an argument that was used uncontested to discredit goldbugs was the assumed fact that hyperinflation cannot occur in a dominant reserve currency. So the question becomes: can hyperinflation occur in a dominant reserve currency, or, put slightly different but perhaps more relevant: can you have deflation AND hyperinflation in a currency, reserve or otherwise, at the same time?

I think we can find relevant information in history, more precisely 1910s to 1930s Germany. Germany was on the losing end of WW1, and reparations had to be made. Other countries were adamant about getting their money’s worth, so the deal was formulated that the reparations had to be paid in Goldmark. Goldmark was a gold standard based currency. Germans didn’t have the luxury of owning or receiving Goldmark, though. What they had to make do with was the now infamous Papiermark, I’m sure you’ve read the stories of people carrying them in wheelbarrows.

So in practice there was a dual currency: paying the victors in Goldmark, paying your people in Papiermark. ‘But!’, a critical reader might say, ‘the Mark was never considered a dominant reserve currency!’. Absolutely correct, but I don’t think it matters.

I realize I’ve gone above my allotted 10 words by now, but bear with me.

Let’s suppose for a moment we haven’t seen the last of these economic troubles. Lots of people are out of jobs. A plan is hatched to get them all to work, and workers like to be paid. Let’s also assume for a moment that the deflationists have their way, and they like the idea of lots of people working, but they don’t like to see them all get paid in the currency their bonds are denominated in.

Why don’t we pay those workers in NeoNewDealBucks? You can’t convert them to dollars, but it’s close enough.

Shops are a bit suspicious though. They don’t trust this new currency, and since price limits are for commies they decide to charge a 500% premium. Other sectors catch on, if the food sector charges a premium, those guys must be on to something. They charge a 1000% premium. Etc etc.

Technically, the dollar doesn’t hyperinflate. Technically, the Goldmark didn’t either, but sadly you can’t eat technicalities.

PS: it’s interesting to see 1936 mentioned. This was around the time MeFo bills were in full swing, a financial rabbit out of the hat Nazi Germany used to fund its war effort when its access to capital markets was cut off (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MEFO). It’s interesting to see the same rabbit pulled out of a different hat (https://www.brusselstimes.com/all-news/business/103022/a-corona-bond-wou...). Who knows, maybe if they go through with this they might even repay them this time?

Sun, Apr 5, 2020 - 11:52am Solsson
AGXIIK
-
reno, NV

Nicely said Solsson

I remember fondly my school days, sitting at a wooden desk with compartment for my books, an inkwell in the upper right, filled with blue ink, my fountain pen in hand, scratching and scribbing the lessons on a page of foolscap. Everything since those days is mechanized vanity.

We can put a machine on Mars yet we cannot live together in harmony. We work overtime to scrabble out a few percentage points over our fellow man, with a frission of glee in his failings to take the measure of our mechanized might.

We think we control our bits of electronic wizardry when, in reality, our gadgets control us with such ruthless efficiency that we are scarcely aware of the pings and pongs; bongs and beeps of Redi Robot and his handmaiden Alexa, ordering us to and fro while behind the machines intellects vast, cool and unsympathetic, regarding us with envious eyes, slowly and surely draw their plans against us.

Hey Martians motherfuckers.

We read your book you glorious basturds.

We got this bad ass bug.

And it's comin' for ya.

While I remember fondly the IBM Selectric with those metal balls moving at the speed of light, it was more fun to set the type ball on its spindle and see which keys pecked in sequence would fling the ball the farthest. I got mine to bounce off the chalk board, careful not to hit teacher.

Like Kyle Reese said in Terminator I, we smashed those metal mother fuckers to junk

Maybe this turning will be the Butlerian Jihad. Can I be a Mentat?

AGXIIK

Sun, Apr 5, 2020 - 12:10pm zman
AGXIIK
-
reno, NV

Zman Did it ever occur to you that Armstrong's a coherent mind

and your's is the one muddled and confused?

It's a question worth asking

AGXIIK

Sun, Apr 5, 2020 - 2:00pm
HappyNow
-
Canada

No shit AGXIIK, my phone

No shit AGXIIK, my phone wants to be me. I AM UNIQUE.

sadly, the other machines will relate to the imitation me that they find in my phone. Or maybe, that's the humans advantage.

Sun, Apr 5, 2020 - 3:19pm herple
Green Lantern

herple wrote:

herple wrote:

and if AM was posting the things Armstrong did, you can be damn sure I’d give HIM hell for it in these trying times.

Listen Mr. Simplex, I had your number upon entrance. AM is just wiser, so he redirected. But I am the foremost expert in spotting trolls even before they show up. Ask Moderator. I can guarantee you if you start trolling this forum and projecting your ill comprehension, you'll be bounced back to lurker land where you came from watching all the squiggles on the charts.

Armstrongs' slingshot could have been up or down. He didn't say. And incase you weren't paying attention, the same call was made in these parts as a distinct possibility, roughly in that time frame. I have a good memory. You're late to the party bros'.

ZMan, somewhere between ages 5 and 8, we begin to learn socially acceptable behavior. What worked for momma wont' work for others. So pounding your spoon on your high chair, I said it, damn it and I wont' say no more, is an early childhood coping mechanism that lingers into adulthood for some. . For a person that posts the same idea in different packages ad nauseam and calls out a Princeton Professor as being incoherent, all hope is lost. Ok? Or should I have said naa naa naa naa naa to establish rapport.

Sun, Apr 5, 2020 - 3:46pm AGXIIK
zman

AGXIIK wrote:

AGXIIK wrote:

and your's is the one muddled and confused?

It's a question worth asking

Yes, it is a question worth asking. Now, if I wanted to do it, I could go back to his video interviews in the past 12 months and quote all of his incoherent statements and post it in this forum. But guess what? It's not that important to me to do so.

What you could do is quote anything you think I posted in the past few years that you find highly questionable, I'd be more than happy to address those statements. We could all figured out if I'm confused or not, I look forward to it.

Sun, Apr 5, 2020 - 3:54pm Green Lantern
zman

Green Lantern wrote:

Green Lantern wrote:

herple wrote:

and if AM was posting the things Armstrong did, you can be damn sure I’d give HIM hell for it in these trying times.

Listen Mr. Simplex, I had your number upon entrance. AM is just wiser, so he redirected. But I am the foremost expert in spotting trolls even before they show up. Ask Moderator. I can guarantee you if you start trolling this forum and projecting your ill comprehension, you'll be bounced back to lurker land where you came from watching all the squiggles on the charts.

Armstrongs' slingshot could have been up or down. He didn't say. And incase you weren't paying attention, the same call was made in these parts as a distinct possibility, roughly in that time frame. I have a good memory. You're late to the party bros'.

ZMan, somewhere between ages 5 and 8, we begin to learn socially acceptable behavior. What worked for momma wont' work for others. So pounding your spoon on your high chair, I said it, damn it and I wont' say no more, is an early childhood coping mechanism that lingers into adulthood for some. . For a person that posts the same idea in different packages ad nauseam and calls out a Princeton Professor as being incoherent, all hope is lost. Ok? Or should I have said naa naa naa naa naa to establish rapport.

GL, take a chill pill on the insults already. Go ahead and defend Armstrong, I don't care, he means nothing to me. It's seriously nothing to get triggered about in my opinion, there's obviously more serious issues ongoing in the world today. Have a good day and stay safe.

Sun, Apr 5, 2020 - 4:06pm zman
AGXIIK
-
reno, NV

Not worth the time to check your homework Zman

Your work, mine, MA's or the dozens of others of us on the boards can be questioned any time. We can learn by being questioned. Our orthodoxy is someone else's heterodoxy. A little convo and we might see eye to eye. Or not.

MA does have a huge platform with one of the biggest audiences I know of. I read him daily. He has alot of solid data to draw from and worth reading when he references 5,000 years worth of cycles that when brought forward give good context to what we are seeing today. If his Socrates program can parse the data without emotion or bias. That makes a body of work worth reading

While there is nothing new under the sun, stuff that hasn't happened 100 times before, uncluttering the muddle of historical accounts, lining them up and giving us a better understanding of what is happening now is pretty coherent IMO. Our behinds might be in a crack nonetheless but certain knowledge of how to wiggle free is a useful skill.

As for me, have at my musings for the last 3 years. There's some seriously muddled up stuff. But there is some good stuff in there too. I'm sure you have some good stuff in your musing too. But going back to check your homework?

Nah. Not worth the time.

We're all blind pigs looking for some acorns of understanding. Some blinds pigs don't need sight. They grok everything by taking in with all the senses, finding sight just a minor part of understanding.

Eschewing MA because, to your thinking, he is muddled and incoherent is not a course I would take.

AGXIIK

Sun, Apr 5, 2020 - 4:12pm Green Lantern
herple

People you despise can be

People you despise can be right, people you like can be wrong. Being right can leave you in a bad spot, being wrong can leave you in a good spot.

AM just had to say a word, it could even have been in private, and I would have deleted my post, making my active stay in this forum a short one and nobody except for the early readers would have been aware, and even less would have cared.

Yet here we are.

And I might have mentioned some things people wouldn't have known if history had decided to take another turn. Had history also decided to not have me learn German or French, I wouldn't have been able to read source material on some of the more interesting times in history and I would have been limited to reading authors in English or my native tongue, having to assume that they were honest or their reading of the source material was correct. If history wouldn't have been what it was, I most likely wouldn't have made the posts I made.

Funny how this grand game works, no?

It seems I've been upgraded from bad sheep that should know his place to forum troll. I'll take it.

Sun, Apr 5, 2020 - 4:24pm
Green Lantern

It's not about Armstrong.

It's not about Armstrong. Your entire contribution on the subject has been emotive. Totally devoid of dialectical interaction. There were four well expressed posts on the subject. AM obviously teaching us to take our sovereignty back and redirecting us back to what's important to interact with the market. And I addressed how I interact with Armstrongs work like I do with everyones work. I endeavor to understand, and incorporate it, if it's useful. I mirrored you at the level you interacted. kind of sucks. If you want to respond in that manner with a total lack of respect to those who want to participate at a higher level, don't expect that somebody will grant you a greater degree than you offer. Pure personality bashing for it's own sake is not of value to anybody. You just named called. That's it. The other guy is doing the same. Just with a lot more words. I'd be happy to talk about the Pi cycles, the ECM, how that interacts with the Zeitgeist measure. I've had those discussions with AM. I actually know it's limitations. I know how it's derived from the synodic cycles. I got none of it from Armstrong. I worked these things out. Slowly, and painstakingly....exactly Because I actually DO CARE. I know the problems relying on somebody else when interacting with the market for trading.

That makes ALL the difference.

And Yes, there are serious issues. Very serious. If you think Covid-19 was bad, wait til you see what comes next, and then after that, and after that, and so on. You are being crazied and distracted to death. I'm focused on the best prep I know (besides my health) interacting and navigating the fields in the market ahead. 18.6 years since Anthrax and Patriot Acts That cycle hits soon.. Aprox 18 years before , CIA Operation Seaspray. I am very concerned.

These forums should be held sacred and at a much higher level after 10 years. Flooded with idea's on cycles. But lets focus on Armstrongs personality, the definition of a slingshot and real estate in WW2 Germany on a trading forum. Exactly my point!!

Sun, Apr 5, 2020 - 10:40pm
AGXIIK
-
reno, NV

GL.Dunno if TFMR's forums will rise to level of Dead Sea Scrolls

Until denovo scrolls offer up their wisdom the words here will be a good start.

AGXIIK

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 - 4:28am Green Lantern
herple

Green Lantern wrote:

Green Lantern wrote:

These forums should be held sacred and at a much higher level after 10 years. Flooded with idea's on cycles.

Well, let's flood it some more then!

Many people assumed that the Schengen Agreement, the basis for Europe's freedom of movement, would in practice die under the pressure of migration. Politicians and officials adamantly fought against this, the Schengen rights were too important to give up! They somehow survived, maybe not entirely unscathed.

Yet if you are living in the Schengen zone right now, those rights are in practice quite dead, and they are quite dead internally, not just externally where the focus of the media seems to lie. You can't cross the border without being interrogated, and instead of having your identity verified, your car checked for goods, you now have to have a valid reason to cross the border, and provide proof in the form of a signed document. Someone in China sneezed, and in 2020 all those strong values and its champions protecting the Schengen principles fell right over. We kissed the Schengen principles goodbye, maybe for good, at least as a figure of speech because kissing is something you really shouldn't be doing right now! Ask that guy in Iran that kissed a certain relic.

I'm sure the original signing parties of the Agreement in 1985 had a different vision.

Maybe Robert Schuman, who made the Schuman Declaration in 1950, would also have raised an eyebrow at the current state of affairs.

Across the pond in the USA, in 1915, the Liberty Bell made its last journey as "travelling icon of freedom". Apparently kissing this relic was a much enjoyed practice and it wasn't even forbidden at the time! Funny, no?

Green Lantern wrote:

And Yes, there are serious issues. Very serious. If you think Covid-19 was bad, wait til you see what comes next, and then after that, and after that, and so on. You are being crazied and distracted to death. I'm focused on the best prep I know (besides my health) interacting and navigating the fields in the market ahead. 18.6 years since Anthrax and Patriot Acts That cycle hits soon.. Aprox 18 years before , CIA Operation Seaspray. I am very concerned.

Well, that makes two of us. Concern can be two things in my opinion: it can be crippling, or it can be a driving force. Concern can also determine your focus.

Let's take your mention of events for example.

If your concern is being right, you might look at those and previous events, especially events that occurred in your neck of the woods. See if it helps you get a sense of what might or might not come. Maybe you are right about future events. It might also give you a nice ego boost. You called it! If your concern is trying to be in the best place possible, being right might be enough. It might not.

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 - 5:31am
Green Lantern

Your trolling now. Doubling

Your trolling now. Doubling down. And you're doing it at the convergence of a 200 year cycle almost to the day and another minor cycle. If you weren't so busy saving the world from others you didn't understand, you'd know yourself. fluff!! Way outside the scope of this forum. You didn't expect pushback on your character assassination. AM's call if he wants the forum to detour down this path.

randomness