The setup for the big trade

12718 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Jan 15, 2020 - 11:06am zman
Kpbrowne
-
Zionsville, IN

It's what makes a market, so

It's what makes a market, so I'm completely fine you are bearish. Please let me know when that changes so I can sell the highs.

Mon, Jan 20, 2020 - 12:24pm
Green Lantern

I am bullish/bearish as the

I am bullish/bearish as the market signals tell me.

The market clearly went from all bullish indicators to bearish especially in miners, XAU index. My stop loss placement is already in profit. I just held on and I still believe in another leg up but it’s definitely at an extreme point here but you have to get your head out of any preconceived notion and programming others are feeding you.

My only need and prime directive is to be on the right side of the trade because in the end my stated goal, as with any trader, long term or short term is make MONEY and not personalize my investments. Paper allows me great flexibility to redistribute my resources as things occur. Arguing which way you want it to go is futile. You are generally repeating something you've read.

That being said, for many reasons, I have moved my stop losses up tight. I might be looking to get out of my positions especially mining. So I'll boil it down to very basic technical observations.

If you draw a line across from 1537.00 you'll see it has acted as support many times back to the summer, back to 2011, and even in April, 2013 at the time of the Boston Marathon Bombing, martial law was declared in Boston, and Gold tanked and main street became a ghost town. The trigger, cyclically, is upon us again.

Cycles are a bitch. Ain't they?

For a better perspective, and more accuracy in timing, pretend you are the the sun looking at big circles.

You can go all the way back to the signing of the declaration of independence and trace the cycle back, in it's fractional parts to see what type of events can come up for America and then look at those events in recent history compared to a gold chart. Obviously it coincided with one of the most violent slams against gold in our collective history. You can look at the last time we were talking about Iraq. So many ways to escape the collective euphoria and go uh oh.

This is not to say it can't and it won't run here. It's to say unless we can break upper resistance (around 1570 area) on a declining market, and the bottom drops out, the bull market can be significantly delayed longer than most gold bugs would like and not reach a point of resignation.

Heuristically, look around here and the other social media analysts that are all metals. We're talking about junior mines again? How long since that was the ase?

The big banks, Jp Morgan, Citibank, Bank of America, and the entire index is in extreme break out mode. That's probably your money they are using to send those suckers up. Cyclically looks like a green light. Huge money pouring into that sector.

IF true, Dimon is a chessmaster.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/its-incredible-scale-what-jpmorgan-doin...

US dollar is in rally mode.

I might stage an attempt to get some of money back for future commodities boon. You know like platinum, gold and things that go really high when the weather is really cold.

What happened 34 years ago, food related, from 2020? And then take it back 34 more years. Remember all those years and 100's of post of prepping food and dangers of the world food supply. I think we were early. All of a sudden w/Donald Trump, everybody knows what a soybean is.

Really, the world is in a big pivot, both amazing opportunities to make money are coming, and some clear and present dangers. Nobody is handing me shit. I gotta go out and find the opportunities before everybody goes, wow, look at what platinum is doing?

Some of the other opportunities might be a good hedge against declining price of gold (if that should happen). A significant decline, see past chart with lines of support and resistance, could put a gold bull market off for a couple years. I've spent my time looking at dozens of charts using many different factors that are usually not looked at. This type of post is NEVER popular. Is it because, it says something you would like not to be true? No matter how detailed I make it, and I can write looong posts,it probably won't change your bias, unless you don't have one.

Keep track of luminaries making calls so you have it handy in the future and can use it as a benchmark. It's your money. Are they helping you prepare for future conditions/possibilities if you have 100% absolute reliance on others.

I do wonder if the way to make some money was if miners collapse, big agents come in to eat them up. I wonder if there is some reliable way to look at merger candidates?

Mon, Jan 20, 2020 - 5:29pm
-
Dublin
Ireland

Article posted on Main St, Front Page

Hi everyone,

I wrote a more lengthy piece than usual today, so it went on the front of the site instead of here.

Here's a handy shortcut link:

Where is that Gold cycle now?

Why not test some gold cycles to see what they throw up.

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Tue, Jan 21, 2020 - 4:01pm
Green Lantern

I'd like to add these two

I'd like to add these two charts to post as an addendum to fill in the gaps with smaller cycles.

I asked a trader with a much more sophisticated setup if he'd be willing to run some cycles for me to see how they work. It's simply a click of a button for him where it is alot of hand calculations for me. He happily agreed to be my guinea pig since he mostly trades crypto's and still studying gold and is open to seeing how different cycles work that he was previously unaware of.

These are both linear cycles, and not non-linear cycles as illustrated in AM's post.

You decide if they are worthwhile.

You should ignore all the squiggly lines. Too much information and only pay attention to the vertical lines which are the cycle hits. The whited out information is also too much information and would only distract from the basic premise.

This is an ok cycle. It has some good hits, and some ok hits.

The vertical green line is coming up soon. If you follow it down to the chart on the bottom. You will see that is the peak of a bullish trend before it starts pulling back. So you'd look at the price chart compared to the lower chart and decide for yourself has it worked to date?

Here is another equal length cycle. One of four different advancements I asked him to test. This is one of the better ones. A chart with a combination would be optimal. The distance between vertical lines is a hidden fibonacci distance. Still equal length but other charts are greater fibo lenghts. But for simplicity sake, only one.

What does it show? It shows these cycles landed within 5 bars of significant swing hi and lo's. How far back did we test it? 2011 peak. It's been working for 8 years. Is it perfect? Nope. Is it useful anyway? Is it useful to know swing bottoms and tops with a statistical degree of error within 5 bars? It did pretty good in the last run up in gold nailing bottom and top? The diagnol lines acted as support and resistance pretty well? Looks like we're at a juncture where it could ride up one diagonal line or travel down the other.

So we haven't arrived at long term understanding of the growth rate and non-linear cycles. An experiment in process. But it's much better than just jumping in and out of the market based on sentiment alone and I get to test the capabilities of a software through a proxy that already learned it.

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 - 4:26pm
Green Lantern

Russian/US troops engage in

Russian/US troops engage in Syria. Which version of the story is true, US blocked Russia from taking the oil field, or Russia overtook US troops, I don't know. That's kinetic engagement as the news from China and other Asian countries start reporting a new epidemic. All of this in the background as the Impeachment War is about to start. Clinton comes out of hiding to try round II of demolish Sanders.

Friend in Canada reporting super minus degree weather. Parents in Florida wearing coats, but still balmy in New York City.

I look forward to reading today's market recap as they explain why gold is down (just slightly) with war and disease humming in the background? Not even crude registered the dispute? An inflection in the indexes today?

Thu, Jan 23, 2020 - 3:49am
Green Lantern

We are at a critical NEXUS in

We are at a critical NEXUS in the world and markets right now. NASDAQ and S&P made NEW highs AGAIN while DOW is diverging. Gold back to a sideways pattern. Where's WAVE 5????

Do you know what this means? ZMAN could be among a very small percentage of humanity that could end up being right for at least two more years!!

Gold bugs do not want the EURO crashing here. You really don't.

This is NOT a matter of what I want, It's a matter of trying to piece reality together with the clues the markets are giving us. Alternative media is more reliant on MSM then they admit because there is stuff going on in the world that's absolutely NUTS!!

We're in a totally new matrix that looks NOTHING like it did 10 years ago at the birth of the gold/silver movement.

This might mean I would end up trading stocks for two years!! And Boeing might be the first stock I pile into. Yeah, I said it. I've completely lost my mind??A freakin' picture perfect 84 yr cycle occurring right now and when this cycle passes, there is no evidence that Boeing is going anywhere anytime soon.. Watch traders pile into that sucker when it finds a bottom. All depends on the future of the DOW. And it won't be the only leading DOW company whose demise might be premature.

I'm inclined as anybody to jump into Miracle Gold Junior Mines in hopes of my 30 bagger, but that might not be my next move

Everything has to be watched carefully. There is a fat boy deciding which side of the see saw he is going to climb on.

Don't be surprised IF markets keep going up, Platinum and Palladium come crashing down too. Starting a sustainable bull market at these levels is not likely. But one hell of a trade.

I'm getting ready for what has now become a tradition of bashing of the gold price because Chinese are on holiday for a week. It's not just another Chinese New Year. China is LOCKED down. For real!!

Randomnity really an under rated commodity. The future always presents it's cards face down. It's already difficult to predict the future, but for some reason this particular future is trickier than ones in the past.

Mon, Jan 27, 2020 - 12:57pm
zman

Commodities and Interest Rates LOWER!!!

Check out the GSG commodity index, it's falling apart. What did he hear from all of the gold bugs this year? That commodities would be the place to be- WRONG once again. Yes, paper currencies are again GAINING purchasing power relative to natural resources. This is just more deflation.

Check out bond yields, the 10 and 30 Year bond are getting ready to take out the August lows in yield. This is not central bank manipulation, it's market forces.

So it's about economic weakness once again, but this is very stock market positive. The Fed is going to CUT short term interest rates and start a new QE program, that will make stocks soar to much higher levels in the months and years ahead.

How is this for gold and silver? IF commodities go lower and stay down, that is BEARISH for the metals. IF stocks go to much higher levels, that's BEARISH for the metals.

Again, the "stimulus" will be for Wall Street and not for Main Street. Please do not confuse the stimulus like most do today. It's not about how much money, it's where the money goes. Bailing out large financial companies is not inflationary or gold bullish. Putting a little more money into the real economy is what scares The Elite and that's never going to happen.

Tue, Jan 28, 2020 - 10:46am
Green Lantern

S&P just broke through

S&P just broke through supporting trend line yesterday from late 2018, that has never been breached. Roughly 50% of stocks in bearish condition. Technically not good omen. Watching virus, impeachment, miscellaneous natural disasters. Anyone of them, or an event not appeared yet, could time a watershed moment

commodities mixed bag including those people don’t watch until somebody brings it to your attention. Some still in bottoming patterns or setting up for seasonal run others including platinum messing with topping patterns

Boeing while in nose dive pattern, magically produced 12 billion dollars in cash since my last post War stocks don’t go out of business because establishment needs product

gold silver inflections in mid February Same cycle hit timed a $200.00 gap fill and $80.00.price hike in 2019 Likely a significant turning point but through April a lot cycles hitting.

Look at a big picture monthly chart of gold back to late 70’s Picture perfect fractal of 1980 bull, pull backs, and retracements but it’s hidden by smaller wave size Fractals don’t always work out the same way but if you consider the magnitude higher gold has been following then the future wave will be spectacular but it won’t be alone

Dry powder might be the most valuable commodity in 2020

Wed, Jan 29, 2020 - 6:53pm
banman17
-
london,
Canada

Gold outlook report from 2019-2039

In case some have not seen this report, give it a look. It's quite long but also has some interesting information on cycles starting on page 73. Here's the link:

https://www.skalcapital.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/The-Future-of-Gol...

Enjoy

Thu, Jan 30, 2020 - 11:03am
zman

Dalio

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/one-week-after-saying-cash-trash-dalio...

"one week after saying cash trash dalio say its time diversify cash"

Why gold bulls listen to anything this con man says is beyond me. He's never correct, yet some people hang onto his every word.

Fri, Jan 31, 2020 - 5:11am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

I am cautiously optimistic

I am cautiously optimistic about the future of precious metals. 2019 was a great year and I had a great inflow of money from mid May to early September.

My current largest holding Lundin Gold, one of very few precious metals stocks on the Swedish stock exchange. Thinking of taking profit here and move it to other opportunities in the precious metals markets.

My largest holding in my pension fund is Blackrock world gold, the only choice if you want an allocation in the precious complex.

the low in Sept 2018 in Virgo ruled by mercury at Wednesday or mercuryday and also my birthday mercury in Swedish is quicksilver so lets talk about silver...

Ok, more weirdness, I got a ticket with the amount of 343,50. 343 is 7x7x7 so I knew the number was special, maybe a sign. I searched for a person on the internet and she was born at the 29th of Dec and that is the 363 day, so I thought to myself, hmm maybe it is days? 343 days is 9th Dec, add 50 days and you end up at 28th Jan. 28 is the number of two hands and is also 7+7+7+7, maybe someone is reaching out, an opportunity. So I waited for the 28th and what happened? A huge drop in Silver. I bought some quality silver miners, I interpreted the situation as an opportunity handed out by the universe. This happens from time to time. I will give you more examples later.

Edit:
Oh, I just noticed. In the BGF chart there is a huge cup of coffee shaping up. This means it will go much higher soon.

Sun, Feb 2, 2020 - 7:41am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

There seems to be a built-in

There seems to be a built-in support system in the universe. I got a heritage of SEK 150000 from my father and put the money into the account below. Of course, there was a huge drop in the account just the week after I placed the money ...

I think k92 went from $1.30 to 42c in a short period of time. I re-allocated the rest of my money into k92. I was desperate, but that foolish maneuver turned out to be quite successful. I sold 2/3 of the position in k92 and bought several other miners like Leagold etc.

In mid May it just took off. Passed half a million SEK moved to 666kSEK, 777 and when the sun number 864 were hit I was ready to sell. It continued to climb to 888 and I thought to myself "do not push it any further, log in and sell" I was on a roadtrip and I couldn't log in, I use an app called bank-id for verification and I didn't bring that cell phone with me. When I got back home I logged into my portfolio and the following numbers showed up:

It felt weird to see two sequences of numbers that looked like "angel-numbers". I knew 99 indicated some sort of end. At the time I was not overly impressed by my miners charts "oh there is a lot of room to move higher". I only sold the biggest gainers, maybe 25-30% of my portfolio. The rest of my capital dropped like a stone the following weeks after and I decided to dig in deeper to the numbers by searching for an explanation on the net.

Leagold had a top exactly the 3rd of September.

When I found these piece of info my jaw dropped, a crystal clear message to SELL the 3rd of September. I wish I was a little bit smarter to respect the info and to try to figure out what is coming next. Look at the low the 22/11 a very special date to me. 22+11=33. I didn't figure out the low either until a couple of days into the new year of 2020. When a women called Lea was born into my consciousness.

999="Signaling completion...you have completed a major milestone". I talked about a milestone in July, present in my "nu-clear" calendar. 555="A change is coming" and a big change arrived the very next day.
Up until now I've considered the weirdness as just a little bit weird, just for fun, but now it feels more like the real truth and the info provided from the universe should be treated with greatest respect.

To sum it up it means two things, the angel numbers work. These numbers are based on reality and the "force" that put the numbers into my account 999 555 has the ability to predict the future. To be able to successfully predict the future you must have a superior mind not of this world. I guess it means that God exists.

With that said I do not mean that God interacted here. I have no idea how the electromagnetical universe is organized and structured. I hope I will find out when this earthly journey ends.

Edit:
There is a little bit of W D Gann hidden in there. 0.069% and 69Kr, two cycles of 69 is 138. That number is connected to Lea, very strange.

Sun, Feb 2, 2020 - 10:30pm
AGXIIK
-
reno, NV

Solsson Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl

Or 0202 2020

or, if you prefer, 222020

AGXIIK

Thu, Feb 6, 2020 - 10:52am
zman

https://www.zerohedge.com

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ohio-pension-system-slashes-health-car...

"ohio pension system slashes heath care benefits stave insolvency"

Yeah, fiscal austerity is coming in many different directions. There's no white knight coming with free money.

Thu, Feb 6, 2020 - 8:07pm zman
HappyNow
-
Canada

zman wrote:

zman wrote:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ohio-pension-system-slashes-health-car...

"ohio pension system slashes heath care benefits stave insolvency"

Yeah, fiscal austerity is coming in many different directions. There's no white knight coming with free money.

You think that's fiscal austerity? I think it's an excuse to reduce a benefit (payable in the now) and kick the can down the road with no better management. If we could check in a year from now I bet the pensions would be no better funded. I doubt there is that kind of accountability but feel free to mark it on the calendar for a year from now and tell me I was wrong.

Still fits with your theme of screw Joe six-pack, but I think it's a mistake to call it austerity. That's their label, won't be mine.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Sat, Feb 8, 2020 - 5:01pm
zman

US Dollar Hits New Recent High

Yep, anyone notice the US Dollar hit another recent high on Friday after a 5 month consolidation period?

I expect more gains for the Dollar in the months ahead. This isn't good news for commodities or PM's in my opinion. I'm sorry for the Dollar bears, but more QE and cutting interest rates isn't bearish at all.

Interest rates are also going lower, the 10 and 30 year bond yields are very close to new all-time lows. This the deflationary policy at work and there's no stopping it.

So it never mattered what Trump said about the dollar, or monetary policy, or the deficits or debt. IF The Elite wanted a weaker dollar, we would already have it. It's not going to happen.

Mon, Feb 10, 2020 - 6:26am
Green Lantern

Could be nothing.

Could be nothing. Just accidental symmetry.

If you care to dig down, you'll find the same accident all over the place.

Much love to the brave person willing to calculate what that would be out loud.

I wonder if gold will draw a third one with similar ratio of the 1st two???

https://www.britannica.com/science/Metonic-cycle

Tue, Feb 11, 2020 - 6:53pm Green Lantern
Green Lantern

I'll give my question a try.

I'll give my question a try.

It seems in my studies that all markets have hidden ratio's and those ratios can be quite difficult to find. But they occur over and over and over again. These ratio's are hidden. Not easily detectable but they are constantly happening.

There seems to be a big parallel to 1980 bull market, which wasn't sustainable, to the last peak, and the following peaks occurred pretty close before the market corrected.

1980 was Russia into Afghanistan. And 2020 was US/Iran. And I mentioned Boston Marathon earlier as it was the event which correlated with a big crushing of gold. That cycle returns in April.

Gold is actually rising in foreign currencies but not so much in the dollar. So we've yet to break out in dollars. This is near term, not so bullish UNTIL a crisis in the other currencies begin to develop and they WILL.

So for a multitude of reasons including drawing the time frame that I linked without showing, a metonic cycle, I see a correction in March/April time frame and then a sideways pattern until later in the year when we could see another rise in gold. A few guys I share notes with, including solssons friend Schism, also came up with April using different cycles. He's less into the spinning marble in space theory of cycles but open to the idea's. So all the traders I compare notes with are basically on the same page, not quite yet. Of course, we could all be wrong for different reasons.

So the identical patterns which occurred in 1980, 2011, parabolic moves, followed by subsequent lower peaks, correction, sideway patterns, if the next geometric pattern repeats itself, it seems it will be a much larger fractal of the same pattern. That's just a guess. In another words, once again, alot of people were early, but the 2015, and 2019 lows are still holding.

I'm personally not looking forward to the crisis's that will appear in the world that will create the circumstances for the next gold bull market. Looks like w/Trumps' victory the body count on the left is growing. Taking out Obama hold-overs, all the prosecutors stepping down in the Roger Stone case and probably more hit jobs on the left coming. They are going to be pissed and likely planning something that I don't even want to imagine in the next election.

The economic fall out of corona virus, not good, and another bird virus, which barely made headlines, was found in China. This trend, which alot of people have been talking about for awhile, including alternative health people that I read is probably not going away soon. Good time to take one of Elon Musks rocket ships and get the hell off the planet for at least a few years. Tesla is quite a story and I believe it represents something much greater than just a bubble. Musk/Tesla is a rabbit hole in and of itself. He's not an ordinary guy.

Wed, Feb 12, 2020 - 6:05am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

Get woke go broke! SAS

Get woke go broke! SAS Scandinavian Airlines ... 1:35min in

Bojkotta SAS: Vidrig reklamfilm borttagen efter massiv kritik

They never learn.

Wed, Feb 12, 2020 - 9:23am Solsson
-
Dublin
Ireland

It switches to english at the time Solsson suggested

Ha ha - "Comments are turned off". I'm full of not-surprise! (PS Comments are on for other videos they have there.... )

That is a standard WOKE self defence tactic as they point their media-megaphone towards the majority while at the same time denying the majority a voice. The socialist screams in pain as he strikes his victim!

650 upvotes, 22,ooo downvotes. That's 33 to 1 against their SJW anti-Swedish message. I wonder if they will delete downvotes?

Link is [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShfsBPrNcTI ] if anybody wants to pop over and add downvotes against this lemming-mind social engineering propaganda.

A hint: not watching these to the end is recognized by the Google YTube algorithm as a defacto downvote and helps reduce ranking. Usually a good thing to know (you can let "good" videos play to the end muted even if you're past the main point of interest and that helps raise those up).

But I'm not sure in this case - I mean when they make such crass material as this- isn't it good to use to show them off for what idiots they are? It is almost Gillette level woke marketing idiocy.

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets