The setup for the big trade

11961 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sat, Jun 8, 2019 - 8:26am
ag1969

Solsson

Thank you for #11902. It is beautiful. I am working feverishly to find out how I can get and read this book in English? If you know, please help.

AM, GL, Hi! I hope all is well with everyone. Cheers!

Sat, Jun 8, 2019 - 12:55pm
silver66

ag1969

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Sun, Jun 9, 2019 - 8:46am
ag1969

Hi Ag66

Thanks for the greeting and the links.

I hope everything is well for you. I have gotten the garden going at my new farm. There are surprising amounts of food here already, and the flowers that came out of the earth without me doing a thing are amazing.

I will be planting blueberry bushes in the fall and getting a small orchard going.

The bees are going to have to wait until next year. I am crazy busy at work and developing a new piece of software that should have the ponzi coupons rolling in. I should have an MVP by the end of July.

I watch amazing sunsets, meditate often, and life is grand. I sold my lake house, we closed on Thursday.

I truly wish the best for each and everyone here, but this just is not my thing anymore. I am more into practicing all of the stuff I learned from my great friends here at TFMR. Still read The set-up often. It appears to be the only thing worth reading here now. A big thank you to all who make that happen.

Cheers and be well. TH

Sun, Jun 9, 2019 - 10:30pm
zman

Thank God we have Billionaires looking out for the Peasants

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-08/druckenmiller-if-bernie-became...

"stocks would crash 40%...everybody would be poorer, but the rich would have lost a lot more wealth than the poor would have"

Thankfully Druckenmiller is around to tell us that higher wages, better social programs, better trade deals and lower profit margins are so harmful to the peasants today.

The best thing is corporate tax cuts, 0% interest rates and trillions of QE to create a few more billionaires at the expense of the bottom 80% of US workers.

Don't worry about the 90 year high in wealth and income inequality in the US today, "trickle down economics" has to work at some point, right??? Well, I trust that Drunkenmiller has our best interests at heart and doesn't want to see anything bad happen to us.

My greatest concern is that people like Drunkenmiller keep the price of their assets moving even higher in the future. If they're going good, everything is just fine.

Mon, Jun 10, 2019 - 8:06pm
-
Dublin
Ireland

Social mood

Oberlin College just went full tank man.

What the jury does to this SJW institution will inform about social mood and turns in social mood.

The new twist in this story:

https://tennesseestar.com/2019/06/10/legal-expert-says-oberlin-colleges-response-to-verdict-could-hurt-them-in-punitive-damages-hearing/

What are the odds that this SJW college will soon become owned by the bakery they shut down?

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Mon, Jun 10, 2019 - 9:11pm
Green Lantern

Don’t look now but Scott

Don’t look now but Scott Adams just made a Jonathan Swift level gambit that would really equal Swift fighting Irish gov using public sentiment to defeat bad coinage

As the window of free speech on internet closes, he is trying to make his site whenhub an alternative NEws site

Today a helicopter crashed into a building in nyc killing a pilot He is offering witnesses 500 bucks to do eyewitness interview Its not about the helicopter but things falling out of the sky attracts a lot of viewers he didn’t choose a partisan issue but a shocking event that you won’t take sides on

the YouTube purging and Twitter shadow banning and nefarious google algos at some point will create a backlash,maybe now? Alternatives against msm sites Ben Hunt and a few others made that observation and it seems the archetype of that 84 year trend AM keeps telling us about is this type of “revolutionary “ idea coming into form I do believe that this84 year cycle is central to innovation and technology

that’s why those symbols are important because they cut through into the mind sometimes easier than just numbers

You can spend months sifting through all those old cycle journals back to the 50s but the archetypes hint at which areas of society will be effected 84 years is the “ruler” of the computer

obviously somebody with influence has to drop the pepple in the pond I bet he can get backing too

a closing can also indicate an opening

Critical error could disable overlain college Could critical errors by technocracy do them in?

Maybe

Tue, Jun 11, 2019 - 2:33am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

Tx for you post ag1969, ok I

Tx for you post ag1969, ok I will try to find out when they are going to release the book in English.

Crazy geopolitical violence here in Sweden. Mega detonation (the largest in Sweden for 25years) in Linköping. A wealthy university city in the central of south of Sweden. Two big detonations in my hometown this morning that woke me up even though I live 4km from the center of the explosions.

Crazy man threatening to blow up the central station in my hometown yesterday. Two death shootings just 2km from my home also yesterday. Shootings in many Swedish cities lately, the world has gone crazy ...

I am suspicious about that maybe we are being played, divide and conquer you know.

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 - 12:11pm (Reply to #11931)
-
Dublin
Ireland

1618 hz square

1618 hz square
1000 Hz Test Tone
618 Hz Sine Wave 60 sec
382 Hz Sine Tone Amplitude 1
236 Hz Sine Tone Amplitude 1
146 Hz Frequency
89 Hz Sine Tone Amplitude 1
55 Hz Test Tone

Try any two and play with the volume (carefully).

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Wed, Jun 12, 2019 - 12:57pm
-
Dublin
Ireland

I sense that morale is low ...

I sense that morale is low ... whether that is appropriate is debatable, but let's have a little entertainment.

So here is a puzzle:

Are you bullish or bearish for the next big swing in the asset shown below?

Where's it going? Top of range or bottom of range?

I'll say what it is about midnight (my time = BST).

Bonus prize (honour among peers not $$$ ) if you also can tell what it is we will show great respect to you for .... say a few minutes!

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 - 1:08pm (Reply to #11940)
-
Dublin
Ireland

Answer due in (putting on my

Answer due in (putting on my best James Bond movie villain voice) six hours and counting.

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 - 1:39pm (Reply to #11940)
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

Hammer thingy at the end,

Hammer thingy at the end, bounce a little, then shit the bed. Down to lower range going back 5/6 years.

Looks similar to gold inverted.

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 - 2:17pm
Silver_Surfer

I'd be cautiously optimistic.

I'd be cautiously optimistic. Reversal candle looks like it's putting in a higher low, will consolidate a bit and take off after the inflection. Looks suspiciously like the inversion of a doodle I made on a precious metal chart once. ;)

Looking to trade crypto on leverage? BitMex is the biggest and most liquid crypto futures exhange that offers leverage up to 100x. Click here to get a 10% fee discount during the first 6 months. Please don't wreck yourself by actually leveraging 100x. Alternatives are 1Fox & 1Broker (1Broker has forex & legacy markets also).
Wed, Jun 12, 2019 - 3:07pm
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

Looks like a currency but it

Looks like a currency but it's not GBP ...

breakdown backtest and then freefall to test bottom range, buy precious!

Annoying sound, when I tried them all at the same time it sounded like the rythm of a heartbeat.

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 - 4:32pm
-
PA

My guess

My guess is the USD/CAD chart... and it’s going down, baby! USA!!! USA!!!

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 - 6:15pm (Reply to #11940)
CaptK

Bonus prize

It closely resembles the inverse of the monthly GOLD chart. I would be bearish of the chart depicted(bullish of the GOLD chart if correct).

Edit: I just noticed that Boomer Sooner beat me to the punch.

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 - 7:33pm
-
Dublin
Ireland

It's the inverse of gold -

It's the inverse of gold - IMF special drawing rights.

The XDR priced in gold, in other words. And that is a very important pricing for gold wherein ALL central bankers AND THEIR forex currencies are pushed onto the same side of the asset price, allowing us to gauge their ability to trade that one thing which is not theirs (even though they use ersatz gold, and extreme quantities of their forex to deliberately inflate/deflate the supply of real Au money).

I'll do analysis on it in the morning.

Wed, Jun 12, 2019 - 9:11pm
-
Hiding in the lava tubes northwest of Flagstaff

What a fun little challenge!

At the end of a long day, with a beer and glass of wine under my belt, my gut said the chart was headed down. Thanks for posting this Argentus. As a teacher, I thought this was a great test question.

Thu, Jun 13, 2019 - 11:32am
zman

Federal deficit

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-budget-deficit-widens-to-208-billio...

"$208 billion deficit in May, a jump of 41% from a year ago" Yet, interest rates headed LOWER.

"net interest on public debt surged by 34%" This is why interest rates MUST go back to 0%'

"Revenue rose 7%" This is why asset prices MUST stay high and go even higher. Also, that is NOT a sign of a recession.

Fri, Jun 14, 2019 - 9:23am
Green Lantern

Lost my gold charts. Very

Lost my gold charts. Very strong impulsive 1,2,3 waves. Now corrective phase. Two huge bullish candles. No question within a summer rally. Summer solstice date 21st, inflection the 24th.

I'm looking to trade w/confirmation of corrective wave phase and then watch solstice date for another trade into Mid-July for a gold high. watching fib levels on the way down. Silver too. Not sure of inflections in silver so could have less pull back then gold?and run till Mid July.

1362 or 1365 monthly probably as high as it gets. Busts through that, then different game.

I'm looking at this as a trader. Good range, makes profitable trades.

The range down to an intraday doesn't seen to be random.

Instead of redoing charts, I'll share a quote. Boy don't mince words, and takes Gann and Elliott Wave public figures to task. He was 100% a gold trader. He knows this market.

Robert Miner, Traders World #22

I’ve put my knowledge and reputation on the line every month with published analysis and forecasts since 1986. Why aren’t these people who claim to have discovered the hidden secrets, the Holy Grail of the markets, doing this? The answer is pretty simple as far as I am concerned. The only thing they have discovered is how to tap into the illusions of others.

What other analysis and trading techniques do you use? It seems from the discussion up to this point, that Gann analysis is all I do. This isn’t true, although I know a large proportion of your readers are interested in Gann analysis techniques, plus I humbly claim to have written the only practical instructional material related to Gann’s work.

If traders take the time to thoroughly study market behavior by studying past charts and testing every single analysis and trading technique, they will gain the confidence to understand market activity. Few traders take this time. Trading is no different than any other business. The skills must be learned and experienced in order to be put into practice in a consistent manner.

Fri, Jun 14, 2019 - 9:25am (Reply to #11947)
CaptK

I'll do analysis on it in the morning.

Will you share it?