The setup for the big trade

12264 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tue, Mar 5, 2019 - 7:44am
Green Lantern

US Air force Thunderbirds

US Air force Thunderbirds flies over Captain Marvel celebration of the upcoming film Captain Marvel

USAF Thunderbirds Fly Over 'Captain Marvel' Premiere

Bankers celebrating golds approaching rise while US military celebrating an SWJ, I mean patriotic infused cinema for all Americans' to see.

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 - 9:03am
UncleFester
-
nunya, MS

Update

Daily $price in Au is back below the fanline, will see if it acts as resistance moving forward. https://www.tradingview.com/x/NtcCxssi/

Silver is considered an endangered element, yet the GSR continues to grind higher. https://www.tradingview.com/x/ND7HCTnM/

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get me.
Fri, Mar 8, 2019 - 7:33am
-
Dublin
Ireland

Audience scores not agreeing with Disney-bot critics

Audience scores at this early stage are not agreeing with gushing approval from Disney-bot-press-critics scores.

This IS reflective of the same conflict in monetary matters. Watch gold against that EUR breakout. Stocks will likely follow gold. Bonds must confirm.

This alternative has less soy infusion

A double check at https://www.metacritic.com/movie/captain-marvel shows a score of 65% at the moment.

Because Alita Battle Angel's maker is 20th Century Fox, it is still ultimately owned by Disney, since the takeover of Fox, so they are both products from the same overall ownership.

I am reminded of Don King during the Rumble in The Jungle. Ten million bucks from the govt of Zaire, for promoting a bout where his fighters fought against his fighters. His commissions must have been astronomical. Quite the interesting fellow, King was. Not admirable, but fascinating.

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Fri, Mar 8, 2019 - 6:57pm
-
Dublin
Ireland

Nice insight into the tribes of society

Take a look at the first chart, compared to the ones below it.

https://www.inverse.com/article/53892-captain-marvel-brie-larson-is-bein...

The activists are giving 10s, and the critics of intolerant neo-feminism giving it a 1, with a bell curve of normie "don't care/unaware/enjoying life but being influenced" clearly visible in-between the two other "woke" groups.

It's instructive, since this is likely a universal structure for politically divided issues of all kinds.

Here is a good commentary on this from The Quartering:

50,000 Bad Captain Marvel Reviews DELETED & Youtube Hiding Videos On Brie Larson

So the next time you consider a trade, have a little internal moment to decide if you are on one edge, the other edge (you have been "mentally recruited!) or in the middle.

The profitable trade is being located in such a place that the middle bell curve moves towards your position, taking price with it.

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Sat, Mar 9, 2019 - 7:14am
-
Dublin
Ireland

Crickets and tumbleweed

Ok I understand.

GLD has nothing to do with what is occurring in Captain Marvel. So people think.

And if that is the case then why did I zoom in on StarWars The Last Jedi? I didn't pay attention before that, though I have been posting here for years.

So what did I see to make me begin talking about movies?

What do you see? What have you seen after I began talking about movies?

Where is the connection with the core purpose of this forum, Setup For The Big Trade?

Did you notice this relationship?

I have edited and adjusted scales to make something obvious.

The gold price as commonly described internationally for some reason in US Federal Reserve dollar with a small "d", using the GLD fund as a proxy. Please ignore the "indicators" in this pictorial view - the form of price is what matters:

We all know that price history pretty well, right?

OK, now here is the voting profile by vote grade, for the movie Captain Marvel:

Got that?

Right here is the GLD fund with a horizontal scale enhanced volume at price on the left side, and the voting pattern for the movie in question (which I have been harping on about as "significant") has been added to the right side of the GLD chart:

Do you see it now?

In the movie it is the racist-sexist-neofeminist-Hollywood "woke" and their followers giving it a ten. The people aware of what's going on are moving to the other side to defend a sure result against their interests are giving it a one to cancel out the SJW-neo-feminist social control attack. And the oblivious normies are in the bell curve in the middle, being shepherded around as they simply look for a good time and entertaining movie while avoiding having to think too much about what's below the surface.

Now let's move away from the movie industry and social justice and look instead over at the financial industry and big politics.

In the GLD fund it is the financially "woke" selling high, their political partner-follower-allies doing trades alongside them. The industry recognize prices being deflected to extreme value and are buying low, and they have followers too. And the "investing public" are trying to trade in the middle, where future direction of price is most random and the next price move can be easily in either direction. And professionals just don't attempt that.

Which is why I spend a lot of time not buying or selling, but I am more often awaiting the market to present me with a better opportunity of a big move and better odds of success.

And I can see clearly where the big influencers are willing (or compelled) to act, but it is a moving target, the best information is lagging, and that means this game will never be easy. As for the news? Price tells where and when the next news burst (newsflow surge) will appear.

Sat, Mar 9, 2019 - 8:24pm
Green Lantern

That is an incredibly

Awesome piece of cycle work!!

Nobody else in this field is taking it this far and pealing back the layers in this fashion.

Amazing universe too.

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 - 4:42pm
Pete
-
Fair Oaks, CA

DX

I wondered what in market geometry might account for the unexpected, sudden reversal in the dollar on Friday. The daily chart shows a maze of different min-size pivots, and it's difficult to see the forest for the trees there. Usually it helps to "take a step back" for greater clarity, so I looked at the weekly chart. There are only a few m0 pivots on the recent weekly, and if you use those weekly m0 ps on the daily, you see this.

The last pivot low at/near the 0-4 cl strengthens R1 as resistance. Plus, there are 5 ps to the R1 line.

Perhaps this R1 will stop the advance, or it's just a temporary, dramatic reversal. It could take the dollar back to the January lows. The bullish case comes from another perspective, this 2nd H bounce pattern, from which the market duly launched higher over the past week. We'll see which pattern prevails.

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 - 3:54pm
ancientmoney
-
Madison, WI

Basel III...

What of known events soon to occur? Such as implementation of Basel III rules on March 29, 2019?

"Il Sole / 24 Ore may be the first mainstream financial news organization to suggest that central banks are rigging the market so they might obtain more gold in anticipation of remonetizing it and pushing its price up, but the newspaper isn't the first to reach this conclusion. The U.S. economists and fund managers Paul Brodsky and Lee Quaintance hypothesized as much in a study published in 2012 and called to your attention by GATA:

http://www.gata.org/node/11373

Will the gold world really change when the "Basel 3" standards take effect on March 29? GATA always sees possibilities but makes no such prediction. (Given the cowardice and obliviousness of most mainstream financial journalism, your secretary/treasurer is more inclined to the vision of the future expressed in George Orwell's "1984": "a boot stamping on a human face, forever.")

But the report by Il Sole / 24 Ore may give reason for advocates of limited and accountable government, free and transparent markets, and fair dealing among the nations some reason to stick around for another three weeks."

As of now, the rules do not recognize gold as being on a par, for reserve purposes, with cash or government securities. As of March 29th, gold will be a top tier reserve asset for banks. Is this why governments have been on a gold buying spree the last few years (China much longer)?

What effect on gold prices, if any, might be expected due to this change? It certainly would appear to be a change resulting positively for gold prices. However, many other things have transpired that should give similar results, but price suppression through futures markets, etc. have overcome them all.

Maybe this time, the banks are ready to allow gold prices to rise.

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 - 4:43pm argentus maximus
Silver_Surfer

Beating gold back might not

Beating gold back might not be as difficult as it appears. EURUSD looks as if it is breaking down, this could very well catalyze a dollar bull run that will squeeze many in emerging markets. Personally I'm very skeptical of the scenario where all of China, who are supposedly buying gold, is the smart money. I expect them (or the western central banks) to get squeezed before we can go up.

Looking to trade crypto on leverage? BitMex is the biggest and most liquid crypto futures exhange that offers leverage up to 100x. Click here to get a 10% fee discount during the first 6 months. Please don't wreck yourself by actually leveraging 100x. Alternatives are 1Fox & 1Broker (1Broker has forex & legacy markets also).
Mon, Mar 11, 2019 - 5:45pm
Green Lantern

3 quick muses.

DX

Approx. 12 week cycle in the dollar. June-Sept 17. 12 weeks to low. Feb 18 2nd bottom. 6 week retested the low again.

Dollar rallied approx. 12 weeks. Climbed again 12 weeks into December. 12 weeks later and here we are. Times up...for now.

-------

If Gold stays above 1280 on the week, it could make it's next advance. Approx, 29 week rallies, low to high (2016), and bottoming going on. 29-week rally into late-Jan. 18 and you can find the rest. It looks like we have a new pattern forming to begin the next cycle?

Also, Gold has now declined to test the Fibonacci 38.2% retracement of the August 2018 - Feb 2019 move.Which begs the question, what else should I be looking, that he's looking at, if I an thinking about trading gold?

Which is why I spend a lot of time not buying or selling, but I am more often awaiting the market to present me with a better opportunity of a big move and better odds of success

Price of silver and gold are diverging. Not positive for silver (as far as I can see) Silver got it's own codex and hidden secrets that studying gold doesn't reveal.

--------------------------

The crying about how well the stock index's are doing while gold is going down will ease for a little while as the intermediate trend changes the movie script. Looks like the index's are peaking in a kind of sequence.

For those not conversant in astro trading as a way to detectc market cycles, here are the relevant cycles for S&P

1) New moon.

2)An inflection point

3)merc retrograde

4)V at it's declination minimum. (rotations and orbits are not the only cyclical movements)

New Moon falls zero degrees conjunct (next to) NYSE co-ruler Neptune and within 7 degrees of the natal Mid-Heaven point of the NYSE (24 Pisces). this lunar cycle runs till April 5. I exited all stock trades.

If this is all Greek to you, here is a good video of most of the fundamental astronomy you need to understand to time the market.

Lunar Phases - Nodes of the moon - Synodic Month - Sidereal Month - Eclipses - Far Side
Tue, Mar 12, 2019 - 8:25am
-
Dublin
Ireland

Veeh gets it

Though it is not his main point for his conclusion, he sees it. His comments prior to the conclusion confirm this.

The mouse won. Captain marvel did well at the box office

What is/was/will be the long term cost of the resources expended?

Any who watched this unfold, using the sources I introduced, has seen realtime the process of relentless negative review deletions, positive review bots(activists as well as copy&paste) not being deleted, resulting in the audience voting score for this movie crawing upwards slowly as the days pass.

More people have had their eyes opened as this political mind hypno trick moved into mainstream cinematic sales on the main Street.

And if the cost exceeds the return and gains made, (failing a major gain or donation) the mouse/organization/movement/fad/psyop is past its peak and into decline, just not visibly so as of yet.

It will neither collapse nor disappear, just be counterattacked on more fronts by more middle grounders moving to anti-manipulation "range" edge.

Or ... to put it in trading range terms .... when the cost of selling it down from top of range (price x volume sold) exceeds the gain (width of the range) from buying it back at range lows, then the range(game) must reform at a new price level after a range breakout.

The Mouse will therefore have to lower its cost of production or reduce retail selling price. Inevitably. And with this in mind, take a look at the quality of CGI sequences in that movie. The low cost production rule has already been implemented. This was a rearguard action, the radical feminist StarWars fiasco was not a shot across their bows. It was a direct hit. The damage is carefully concealed for now. Longer term damage not arrived yet - shall we say "Possibly in the pipeline".

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 - 8:40am
-
Dublin
Ireland

Tony Caldaro RIP

Anthony Caldaro passed away recently.

Elliott Wave people will be familiar with his work, a significant portion of which was generously made freely available at his website: https://caldaro.wordpress.com/

I see that at the moment his site seems to be continuing via family and colleagues efforts. (For the record his count (long term) has the DOW in early wave three up, a sub wave two down to clear the way to higher). He more often than not made a unique count, differing from most other interpreters of EW, and always interesting for scenario weighing.

eg: https://stockcharts.com/public/1269446/chartbook/601084933

Tony will be missed.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

(English: May his soul be seated on God's right hand / God rest his soul )

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 - 11:22pm
Pete
-
Fair Oaks, CA

ES daily

This is the bears' best shot. Selling p2 on the MLH after a zoom down at p1.

Wed, Mar 13, 2019 - 4:10pm
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

Crickets and tumbleweed, yes

Crickets and tumbleweed, yes indeed. All of a sudden I ended up in this position, being pushed through some sort of a sequence hanging upside down at the moment. It is related to water and to be honest it has been raining in Sweden ever since.

The Hanged Man (XII) is the twelfth trump or Major Arcana card in most traditional Tarot decks. It is used in game playing as well as in divination. ... In other interpretations, The Hanged Man is a depiction of the Norse god Odin, who suspended himself from a tree in order to gain knowledge.

Is it Ok to write about inner gold or is this thread an outer Gold only? Me thinks the price of gold is not only showing the price of the physical metal but also the price of "spiritual" gold or the lack of it.

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 - 10:12am
Green Lantern

NIFTY -1 month plus later

1st rule of golf, Never take your head off the ball.

1st rule of the setup, Never turn down pro bono advice.

https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/691829#comment-691829

argentus maximus wrote:

As a contribution to the Setup cause, I will post this here, and everybody can sink their teeth into the matter. Being constructed using prop trading methodology I can't release an illustrative chart - but I can still give some pro bono analysis, so read on.

I posted 3/12 as an inflection point. Two days ago. Yes, it's planetary data until I get up to speed on volume analysis. Haven't updated chart.

Turning back up. Rally underway, 17 days in progress w/bullish posture makings higher/highs.

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 - 11:24am Solsson
Green Lantern

Solsson wrote:

Solsson wrote:

Is it Ok to write about inner gold or is this thread an outer Gold only? Me thinks the price of gold is not only showing the price of the physical metal but also the price of "spiritual" gold or the lack of it.

You can't separate the two.

This alchemical esoteric process of making lead to gold happens in everyday life, everyday interactions, how clean your house is, your financial blueprint.... The mundane things. Probably even what we post. It's all part of you. Making $ in gold or whatever type of $ you resonate with requires meeting yourself and encountering your limitations. my study of Gann to date tells me that he knew as much about himself as he did financial markets and natural law. Livermore and many others were no slouches either.

He knew what to trade, when to trade (based on inner vibration), where to locate his business, and most likely he knew when he was going to die. And it sounds like greed was never an issue w/hin because I understand he stopped trading in the later years of his life.

I've even witnessed two people with the same information, have completely different results. One successful, one near disastrous. Know thyself relates to every endeavor. Trader know thyself, stacker know thyself etc.... Your inner life is reflected to people on the outer. U must be willing to tackle your demons to be successful. Scary stuff!! It really is, that's why great traders are few and far between but take full responsibility for their gains and losses and NEVER blame outside forces. At least I haven't read anybody that won while cursing outside forces.

Is there a cross and an upside down eye of Horus in that picture?

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 - 12:04pm Solsson
-
Dublin
Ireland

Solsson wrote:

Solsson wrote:

This is extremely likely true, since gold tracks civilization. Hard currency being a strong sovereign, soft or weak currency being a failing sovereign or a sovereign threatened by another, and gold is the mirror though which currencies are seen for what they are. Despite massive reeducation by central bankers for decades, and yes, they have actually talked about education of nations for their benefit in conversations recorded between each other.

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 - 3:08pm

I don't stop by often enough

I prefer to just let the forums run their course without my interruption.

However, I just wanted to publicly thank AM again for maintaining this forum. He's been at it now FOR OVER SIX YEARS and if anyone knows how difficult that is...it's me.

So thanks again, AM, for all your contributions to TFMR. Let's just hope The Big Trade realizes itself in the not-too-distant future.

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 - 5:08pm argentus maximus
silver66

since gold tracks civilization

AM,over the years many (including myself) would say gold is for when the population losses confidence in government money.

I take it that with your SJW posts and your nudging the forum to see polarities in society, that gold could also be valuable when civilization loses faith in it self temporarily and payng attention to societial trends is another usefull tool towards the set up for the big trade

Silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 - 7:45am
-
Dublin
Ireland

Boardroom coups

There are different forms of corporation, but contests for control self synchronize.

Note this report:

http://www.ktvu.com/facebook-instant/reputed-gambino-boss-francesco-fran...

Implication via application of the principle of synchronicity:

Inside the BIS, inside the IMF, World bank et al the same exchanges of power are being currently fought, with varying degrees of violence according to the "players" and "value" involved.

This will be the case even down to political party upper echelon control, leaders of religious groups, and so on all the way down to the local football team coach job.

If an open market for stock exists, allowing possible hostile stock acquisition, then this is a vulnerability. A vulnerability to the public, legislators not under control, or other power entities operating in public.

In which case public profile must be reduced by those who control such a corporation.

So these following type events would be a reaction to perceived ""threats to the status quo" by oligarchs (and the various services supporting them).

And we begin to see this:

Facebook:

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/613084/zuckerbergs-new-privacy-essay-...

And this:

Rothschild Taking Swiss Bank Private! Warns of Uncertain 2019

Remember what they do is telling us plenty about what they perceive. In short, something else has motivated them to make these actions.

Losses have been taken, their organizations damaged, and this type of action is a defensive reaction to what has already occurred, and is perceived to be increasing, by the characters involved.

They move to avoid damage and profit from changing situations. This is evolution of extremely well informed parties towards the next phase.

72 years ago ... currency (triumphant sovereigns dividing up the world and carving up the defeated nations for profit, control, and future asset stripping/exporting to ) negotiations were coming to a conclusion.

IMF, World bank, IBRD were decided upon in 1944-45 and opened for business during 1946-47.

1946-47 + 72 = 2018-19

72 Yrs is a war cycle

(by definition that is also a sovereign cycle, and a bond cycle)

So for control of bond markets, we might look at issuance of bonds, and the source of control over that:

1930 is now 89 years ago. You might have seen that number mentioned once or twice in Setup forum, and be appreciative of its significance.

1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55, ... 89, .... 144,233, etc.

Every footprint in the future depends upon the size of the giant making it, and the distance into the past that particular giant's last footprint can be seen.

Activity is rising, and asset valuations will reflect the changes being implemented as strategic assets are disposed of and new ones acquired.

And ... maybe readers are now beginning to see just how many huge historical events converged (to re-occur in modern context or possibly opposite polarity) during the current several-month period.

randomness