The setup for the big trade

11708 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tue, Feb 12, 2019 - 11:19am
Green Lantern

nifty now bearish on the

nifty now bearish on the daily.. correction phase...good bearish set-up. Golden Cross, the 50 d moving average crosses above the 200. 2 directional changes ahead bringing us to the main turning points. yearly bullish patterns don't change.

Longer implications of this market still unresolved.

Tue, Feb 12, 2019 - 11:59am
-
Dublin
Ireland

It's pivot creation

It has capacity to harden the price level

Of course, this has quite different implications flowing from the status of whether price is above or below the pivot.

VAP will inform as time passes. But the wedge can be a topping pattern, or a cascading 1,2,i,ii preparing to go into iii, of 3 up. In which case the punters can be in a 50:50 balance. That would be important because it is the unfortunates that find themselves on the wrong side buying or selling to get out, and then buying or selling to get back inline, it is those extra trades and their volume that cause a significant price swing to emerge from a smaller break ignition stage.

Getting back to the wedge formation. Wedges as I said can be continuation or reversal patterns. But wedges also have a tendency to morph via small false breaks into becoming a bigger wedge, before resolution.

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Tue, Feb 12, 2019 - 2:37pm (Reply to #11713)
Green Lantern

argentus maximus wrote:

argentus maximus wrote:

Getting back to the wedge formation. Wedges as I said can be continuation or reversal patterns. But wedges also have a tendency to morph via small false breaks into becoming a bigger wedge, before resolution.

my guess was a continuation making the 5 waves up longer, than this morning, I was thinking reversal. So I gotta watch and learn.

Thu, Feb 14, 2019 - 9:52pm
silver66

sometimes a Keynesian and sometimes an Austrian

Bloomberg is reporting the Oracle of Omaha has made some interesting moves.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-14/buffett-doubles-down-...

silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Sun, Feb 17, 2019 - 4:32pm
Silver_Surfer

Do or die

Do or die for the S&P. February 13 was a possible inflection day and price closed higher. However, we are still under the January 16 2018 close (Carillion's collapse) which I view as a crucial date/price level.

Looking to trade crypto on leverage? BitMex is the biggest and most liquid crypto futures exhange that offers leverage up to 100x. Click here to get a 10% fee discount during the first 6 months. Please don't wreck yourself by actually leveraging 100x. Alternatives are 1Fox & 1Broker (1Broker has forex & legacy markets also).
Wed, Feb 20, 2019 - 1:19am
Pete
-
Fair Oaks, CA

my 2c

ESH9 ends with essentially a doji today (ignoring US holiday trade) under key line confluence. RSI 14 hit 70. Latest ml divergence. Also just inside the typical Fibonacci time and price zone for a wave 2 terminus relative to wave 1 (per Robert Miner). We shall see.

Wed, Feb 20, 2019 - 9:14pm
Pete
-
Fair Oaks, CA

FWIW

Miles Wilson Walker published a CD in 2007 called Gann's Master Time Factor, which included several ways of using astrological data in trading. The simplest of the methods on the CD might apply to the current situation in ES.

The attached chart shows the position of the planets on the day of the recent weekly low, Dec 26, 2018. The method has one identify the very close aspects to the slow planets on that day; then one watches day by day for when the faster moving planets (Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Jupiter) make a conjunction with the slow planet that was in "hard" aspect the day of the low. The moon is not used.

There can be more that one hard aspect to a heavy planet of course. The primary concern with this method is shorter term cycles. In this case, hard aspects were made to Pluto, Uranus, and the North Node, but future conjunctions by fast planets to the latter two are too far away in time.

With the software (free download as Astrolog 5.40), one can progress the chart day by day. In this case, the Sun and Mercury reach Pluto in succession, and then Venus. The key is when the last of the fast (and available) planets reach Pluto, in this case Venus, the trend may reverse. MWW calls this "the last to come round."

I note that on 1/11 and 1/19, the days that Sun and Mercury reached Pluto, the uptrend stalled for at least two trading days. These two planets are not the last to "go round" (Venus is), but the hesitation in the trend enhances the probability that Feb 23, when the last to go round reaches Pluto, there will be a more significant turn--even maybe a major top.

This tech may be a useful adjunct to other methods.

If the "last" conjunction happens on a weekend, one uses the Friday before or the Monday after as the possible turn day. MWW's trigger for a short position was a violation of the intraday low of the peak day. In this case, his method has us watching for a new high on either Friday or Monday, followed by a break of the intraday low of the high day.

Become a gold member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate Shop

The TFMR Silver Round
Buying Gold

Recent Comments

by sengfarmer, 1 hour 53 min ago
by hilton_h181, Feb 21, 2019 - 11:18pm
by NW VIEW, Feb 21, 2019 - 10:09pm
by karma polis, Feb 21, 2019 - 9:56pm
by Turd Ferguson, Feb 21, 2019 - 9:36pm
randomness