The setup for the big trade

11820 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tue, Feb 12, 2019 - 11:19am
Green Lantern

nifty now bearish on the

nifty now bearish on the daily.. correction phase...good bearish set-up. Golden Cross, the 50 d moving average crosses above the 200. 2 directional changes ahead bringing us to the main turning points. yearly bullish patterns don't change.

Longer implications of this market still unresolved.

Tue, Feb 12, 2019 - 11:59am
-
Dublin
Ireland

It's pivot creation

It has capacity to harden the price level

Of course, this has quite different implications flowing from the status of whether price is above or below the pivot.

VAP will inform as time passes. But the wedge can be a topping pattern, or a cascading 1,2,i,ii preparing to go into iii, of 3 up. In which case the punters can be in a 50:50 balance. That would be important because it is the unfortunates that find themselves on the wrong side buying or selling to get out, and then buying or selling to get back inline, it is those extra trades and their volume that cause a significant price swing to emerge from a smaller break ignition stage.

Getting back to the wedge formation. Wedges as I said can be continuation or reversal patterns. But wedges also have a tendency to morph via small false breaks into becoming a bigger wedge, before resolution.

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Tue, Feb 12, 2019 - 2:37pm (Reply to #11713)
Green Lantern

argentus maximus wrote:

argentus maximus wrote:

Getting back to the wedge formation. Wedges as I said can be continuation or reversal patterns. But wedges also have a tendency to morph via small false breaks into becoming a bigger wedge, before resolution.

my guess was a continuation making the 5 waves up longer, than this morning, I was thinking reversal. So I gotta watch and learn.

Thu, Feb 14, 2019 - 9:52pm
silver66

sometimes a Keynesian and sometimes an Austrian

Bloomberg is reporting the Oracle of Omaha has made some interesting moves.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-14/buffett-doubles-down-...

silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Sun, Feb 17, 2019 - 4:32pm
Silver_Surfer

Do or die

Do or die for the S&P. February 13 was a possible inflection day and price closed higher. However, we are still under the January 16 2018 close (Carillion's collapse) which I view as a crucial date/price level.

Looking to trade crypto on leverage? BitMex is the biggest and most liquid crypto futures exhange that offers leverage up to 100x. Click here to get a 10% fee discount during the first 6 months. Please don't wreck yourself by actually leveraging 100x. Alternatives are 1Fox & 1Broker (1Broker has forex & legacy markets also).
Wed, Feb 20, 2019 - 1:19am
Pete
-
Fair Oaks, CA

my 2c

ESH9 ends with essentially a doji today (ignoring US holiday trade) under key line confluence. RSI 14 hit 70. Latest ml divergence. Also just inside the typical Fibonacci time and price zone for a wave 2 terminus relative to wave 1 (per Robert Miner). We shall see.

Wed, Feb 20, 2019 - 9:14pm
Pete
-
Fair Oaks, CA

FWIW

Miles Wilson Walker published a CD in 2007 called Gann's Master Time Factor, which included several ways of using astrological data in trading. The simplest of the methods on the CD might apply to the current situation in ES.

The attached chart shows the position of the planets on the day of the recent weekly low, Dec 26, 2018. The method has one identify the very close aspects to the slow planets on that day; then one watches day by day for when the faster moving planets (Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Jupiter) make a conjunction with the slow planet that was in "hard" aspect the day of the low. The moon is not used.

There can be more that one hard aspect to a heavy planet of course. The primary concern with this method is shorter term cycles. In this case, hard aspects were made to Pluto, Uranus, and the North Node, but future conjunctions by fast planets to the latter two are too far away in time.

With the software (free download as Astrolog 5.40), one can progress the chart day by day. In this case, the Sun and Mercury reach Pluto in succession, and then Venus. The key is when the last of the fast (and available) planets reach Pluto, in this case Venus, the trend may reverse. MWW calls this "the last to come round."

I note that on 1/11 and 1/19, the days that Sun and Mercury reached Pluto, the uptrend stalled for at least two trading days. These two planets are not the last to "go round" (Venus is), but the hesitation in the trend enhances the probability that Feb 23, when the last to go round reaches Pluto, there will be a more significant turn--even maybe a major top.

This tech may be a useful adjunct to other methods.

If the "last" conjunction happens on a weekend, one uses the Friday before or the Monday after as the possible turn day. MWW's trigger for a short position was a violation of the intraday low of the peak day. In this case, his method has us watching for a new high on either Friday or Monday, followed by a break of the intraday low of the high day.

Tue, Feb 26, 2019 - 4:17am
-
Dublin
Ireland

The culture war has entered a new phase

It must be almost a year since I first brought this to the attention of you, here in Setup forum. (In the Star Wars discussion)

And I also said that massive change should be expected at end of 2018 to mid January 2019. Been saying since 2013 we would have to wait till now for the next phase.

Now I appreciate that tunnel vision (a "Just tell me what to buy what to sell and then shut up!" attitude) can prevent many from seeing the plethora of signs showing what and when to invest in and these signs are ALL AROUND US ALL THE TIME.

So with that in mind, let us go to the upcoming Captain Marvel movie, which stars the outspoken feminist Brie Larsen in the titular part.

This is the same Brie Larsen who has hated on white men for a year, and continued to do so while touring the pre-release promotion interview circuit.

... and white men and all men comprise over 60% of the audience for super hero movies .....

So how is that going for Marvel and Disney?

Well, yesterday, on Rotten Tomatoes, the vote for "Want to see " or "Don't want to see" was hitting a low 26% want to see with over forty three thousand votes cast. That's down from an original 96% want to see vote before Larsen shouted her sexist mouth off at the audience.

96% support to 26% support is some achievement for an SJW in full rampage mode. And she is trying to dial it back now, saying "What I really meant was .... ". Yeah sure. We got the message loud and clear what you and your anti men sexist feminist ideology really want Ms Larsen, SJW, millionairess, actress.

And, Brie Larsen and Marvel, who put her up to this - to grab leftist feminist side viewers in a cynical political voting audience marketing ploy - what we no longer want is your contaminated movie.

There are other better movies to watch, and Alita Battle Angel, with a different better female super hero is totally going down as the exciting successful movie you wanted Marvel to be with male and female audiences.

So in the meantime readers you might like to be aware that yesterday the Rotten Tomato website showed the Captain Marvel movie with 26% "Want to see". Those are not reviews by the way but votes of intention by audience members before the movie comes out, and "Don't want to see" had 30000+ votes yesterday.

Not today!

The RT website is changed overnight. The Don't want to see vote has disappeared.

Spread the message far and wide that Rotten Tomatoes - a vote aggregator site - deleted 30000 audience votes to save this racist bigoted clique of hollywood freaks and their 100+ million dollar product from economic destruction.

Even the movie cat is more popular than Brie Larsen at this stage.

Captain Marvel Rotten Tomatoes Silenced! Is The Audience Score Next?
BRIE LARSON IS KILLING CAPTAIN MARVEL BEFORE IT'S EVEN OUT! ROTTEN TOMATOES DOWN TO 27%!
Captain Marvel Being Protected - Rotten Tomatoes Gives Laughable Explanation

You see .... the war in the gold market is also on the street, in the cinema, in boardrooms, and even being fought on battlefields.

I could have posted about hostile intervention within Venezuela by large empire building neocon controlled entities. But that while different words would be duplication, because as the crazy racist SJWs get called out and rejected, so are the warmongering Neocons getting the same treatment.

I told you long ago, and repeatededly that things are interconnected like it's hard to believe.

Here is the truth. All is connected. You just didn't notice that before now because you (and I and everybody) were educated to put things into separate (mental) boxes or categories before weighing their merits.

So The Mouse has spoken to Rotten Tomato and the tomato went splat on us

Expect mainstream media to run stories supporting RT's action to push back against bad fans, bad trolls, russian bots, sexist male aliens etc etc etc. Mark who does that and know that this also informs you about their reliability for business news about finance. Block their ads, never click on their links, observe prices decline as they praise the asset and remember that, and move to a higher level in your own investment cycle.

... and ... since normal anti racist anti sexist people can no longer disapprove of this racism and sexism behaviour by actors and actresses on Rotten Tomatoes, pass the message on to your friends directly. Alita is the female superhero movie to pay to see, not Captain Marvel.

Starve the enemy. And, it's a pity, it might have been a good movie if they hadn't crapped their (misandrous) sexist + inverted-KKK bigotry message all over it.

But above all, notice the willingness of ordinary people to accept this since 2019 began. In Radio Times, feminist Dr Who is now promoting a lesbian relationship storyline between the woman Dr Who who can't act and her companion who can't act.

Nothing wrong with that, until you remember this used to be family viewing and sex, politics had no place in it. They said all they wanted was a female in the Dr Who main role. How long was that enough? Sorry hetero ladies, it's not your TV series either unless you're a smaller subset of women. They took it from you too.

There are financial cycles in these entertainment train wreck events if you look for them. I'll give it to subscribers directly in finished form, but Setup readers actually have the necessary raw material if an investigation of the history of the corporations and brands in question is made. Comparisons to stock prices, bond prices and gold prices confirms which dates matter.

(I know only a few will bother. So here is a lick of the ice cream for the lazy to encourage doing some looking and thinking. A carrot of positive kind to motivate.

Star Wars began 42 years ago and became a dumpster fire recently.

Which would be 2 x 21 year cycles.

Which could have something to do with 4 x 10.8 year cycles.

And a 10.8 might have 2 x 5.25 year cycles inside it.

Now go to gold, or eg US stocks and see what you see.

Of course a 5 1/4 plus a half of the next 5 1/4 would be : 5.25 + 2.6 = something getting close to eight years. When did gold top?

This does not certify to the lazy that a a bottom is made, rather an opportunity for a minor low to evolve and grow up into a larger low is present. Watch it grow and be aware of it's potential. And be aware then (to borrow from the plant world) not every acorn becomes a giant oak tree. But every giant oak tree was once an acorn. That's how it is.

And that's how these popular pushbacks of sentiment against corporate and political and militaristic corruption are too.

When I posted this discussion it was off the charts info last year - going onto the charts now.

How is that Disney stock doing? Is there a Brie Larsen stock? A Dr Who stock? What would be connected to it if there was. Do Marxist professors have a tradeable asset? The UK state owned BBC who Tommy Robinson exposed for fake news creation last weekend (search the video and watch it or a precis as it won't make the MSM news and will be suppressed)? How about Neocon owned entities .... ? Who serves those groups and stands to lose? MSM?

Remember the pig won't leave the trough without a struggle and a lot of noise.

Investment is like that but we get lured into observing reports so much we fail to notice the farmer's hand grabbing the pigs one at a time. Amazingly.

But that's what all the perception work is for. I know the lazy dismiss it as not actionable information but that's life. You see, everything I posted here, though apparently varying subjects, that's all connected too.

Today SJWs going full retard, tomorrow people who were intimidated into silence are speaking out, afterwards corporation are having to change or go bust.

Inflections.

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Tue, Feb 26, 2019 - 5:08am
-
Dublin
Ireland

A good video comment on feedback loops

A good video comment on feedback loops as the SJW Marvel Captain Marvel movie fire engulfs Rotten Tomatoes.

Captain Marvel VANQUISHES Rotten Tomatoes!!!

By the way , if my commentary on feminism seems negative to the sensitive of emotion I want to be absolutely clear:

I'm all for treating women as equals. I don't agree with positive discrimination which is repeating an earlier mistake in inverted form.

I regard feminism as a movement taken over and converted to serve social justice politics, and my comments therefore refer to neofeminism.

Unfortunately this leaves feminists without a movement controlled by themselves. But like many perception matters, most feminists have not yet noticed this change for the worse in the people who claim to represent them, and what is being done with feminism by it's new Marxist leadership.

Vox Day's book "SJWs Always Lie" might be informative on this subject, as does his book "SJWs Always Double Down".

Note that I reached to the right to find an observant author on the problems of SJW captured neo-feminism which is leftist.

The politics of the author does not invalidate his accuracy on the subject matter.

As it happens in the past I have reached to the left to find observant commentary on matters that are right-side dominated. And I noticed a certain reluctance by some readers to accept the comments advanced at that time. if the knowledge is good take it regardless of the source.

If you only look at half of the knowledge available out there, you're 50% less likely to find the bit you really want or need to find. Don't censor your eyes or mind in the future because somebody in your past caused to to do this.

Did that really need to be said? Apparently yes.

Whatever, Jesse Milestone's video crosses boundaries between movie reviews and real life, and Vox Day's observations on SJWs are the best most succinct I have found, and all feminists should read them

Tue, Feb 26, 2019 - 4:05pm
-
Dublin
Ireland

GLD VAP hints

If you look carefully, it can be seen that at the end of 2018, when I hoped for a low and second prime entry price, GLD broke through the VAP resistance (which is not all that visible using technical analysis).

The breakthrough occurred at exactly the time I had previously told readers of Setup to pay special attention.

The VAP 119.58 is now is hardening into support.

So the realtime (monthly) trading range is possibly now between the VAP peak and the VAP low above it, but the upper range edge is not precisely indicated by this particular tool, merely hinted at.

The Andrews forks and other tools may (hopefully) help confirm this hypothesis before the next retracement to buying levels.

Tue, Feb 26, 2019 - 9:09pm
Green Lantern

Pete, I nearly fell off my

Pete, I nearly fell off my chair!!

Some interesting things approaching. April significant retrogrades and anniversary contra-parallels that have historical significant effects.

I’m looking at some longer term aspects July 24-Sept 22, that are a repeat of what occurred at the time of the birth of the Gold fix in 1919, and again in mid-2016 w/a significant low and a subsequent swing high. And some aspects repeating over the 1919 Gold Fix Chart, and 1974 first trade date for Gold futures which both have some intriguing common placements.

What I find interesting/strange/amazing is that they started the Gold futures 1st trade on New Years Eve 1974, when most of the staff is off and everybody is home partying. they timed the birth of gold futures so cycles coincided in the same exact place as the 1919 Gold Fix first trade. 11 degrees, Lion. That was no coincidence. An amazing feat of reverse engineering. This is hidden masonry.

Using both of these dates 1919, and 1974, first trade dates, reveals some interesting cycles. One where a 90 degree square aspect which commences in early 2020-just in time for the end of the Gann master Cycle. Amazing how these patterns overlap.

Maybe we can vet some of these aspects, along with some of the cycles Am has been discussing over at RnP Gann forum to see how they match up?

Tue, Feb 26, 2019 - 10:04pm
HappyNow
-
Canada

AM,

AM,

I find it interesting that all of this forcing doesn’t actually work better. Too many people sense and then know it for what it truly is. We haven’t talked about normies in awhile, clearly they ain’t buying it.

Advertisements and persuasion of the 1950’s or even 60’s worked better than this.

A side note, my son and his buddies are total addicts of the Marvel/DC and Star Wars type movies. They will go and see this one, because they just have to. But they aren’t bought in to the idea that they have to like it. They trashed Ghostbusters because it was a crap film, they would have backed it for placing women in the lead roles.....if it had been a good movie. Same with the weak Star Wars Solo, it just doesn’t work when it’s forced to fit another agenda.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Wed, Feb 27, 2019 - 9:13pm
Pete
-
Fair Oaks, CA

@GL

Thanks GL for the information. I do indeed see the stellium at 11 Leo for the birth of the London Gold fix. Very strong. I had never looked at that chart before.

And yes, the same three planets of that stellium are also in mutual aspect in the birth of gold futures chart (1974).

So are Mercury and Saturn.

MWW had some techniques for long-term progression that I will have to review. I recall that the accuracy was an orb of a month or two over a span of many years in the example he provided. I'll see what shows up.

Playing with the more recent monthly low of August 16 2018 may bear fruit as well. Give me time...I've not worked with these techs for quite some time.

Wed, Feb 27, 2019 - 9:17pm
Pete
-
Fair Oaks, CA

Meanwhile in ES

A potential trade at/near the MLH?

(yet prices tend to move swiftly out of a wedge)

Thu, Feb 28, 2019 - 7:59am
Green Lantern

Pete,

Pete,

I can put up some of the transits and angles to the 1919 coming up on RnP, if Am is ok with it.

180 degree opposition coming in march to the 1919 chart. a repeat of April 2017?

I've not read mwm yet. I have the demo of timing solutions if u want to check it out. having technical difficulties with data and error messages. have to contact company. just using solar gold for transits to 1st trade chart. Haven't looked at the software you mentioned.

I really just started applying this to gold market. And thus will try to figure out what cycles Am is applying with gold and the SWJ cycle. Not seeing the whole picture.

------

march 7th probably big inflection point for Spx

---------

Kim/Trump failure. Lunar cycle I posted in the forums earlier in the year.

A summit between US President Donald Trump and the North Korean leader Kim Jong-un ended with no agreement after the US refused North Korean demands for sanctions relief, President Trump said.

"It was all about the the sanctions," Mr Trump told reporters. "They wanted the sanctions lifted in their entirety and we couldn't do that." BBC

Sat, Mar 2, 2019 - 5:09am (Reply to #11726)
-
Dublin
Ireland

Green Lantern wrote:

Green Lantern wrote:

Pete, I can put up some of the transits and angles to the 1919 coming up on RnP, if Am is ok with it.

180 degree opposition coming in march to the 1919 chart. a repeat of April 2017?

Sure. Fire away!

Green Lantern wrote:

I've not read mwm yet.....

MWW does Gann well outside, and his work is outside WITS, as does Mikula. WITS might be boiled down to a couple of talenteds. But I have bypassed the techniques they use to get the same results only in a different more direct way.

Green Lantern wrote:

I really just started applying this to gold market. And thus will try to figure out what cycles Am is applying with gold and the SWJ cycle. Not seeing the whole picture.

All inputs are in the gold market, most in bonds, and reduced numbers populate individual stocks. Gold really is more complex, containing more inputs., or - using genetic-speak - the different inputs are not expressed in stocks where they are expressed in gold.

Sat, Mar 2, 2019 - 5:13am (Reply to #11726)
-
Dublin
Ireland

Green Lantern wrote:

Green Lantern wrote:

march 7th probably big inflection point for Spx

I've been using the Dow as benchmark lately, and ended up focusing upon April-May for main events.

I will use SPX for a while and see if it looks different.

Sat, Mar 2, 2019 - 5:41am
Green Lantern

Something amiss at WITS.

Something amiss at WITS. Looks like something happened there in the past. A split along philosophical lines?, but for 6 months to have access to their resources is worth it to see what was going and look at their resources.

In general, haven't been using it but have just been synthesizing from various cycle writers. So not beholden to any one philosophy of detecting cycles and trying to look at gold on a daily basis to long tern dominant cycles, piece by piece.

Obviously, I can tell that you have synthesized desperate techniques to find the quickest way. So I'm paying careful attention to your work to try to make this journey a little quicker/nore efficient.

Gold really is more complex, containing more inputs.

Yep, alot of work. Figure it's a good time to start. Haven't figured out where you got that 21 year, 10.5 cycle yet. If you posted it before, I missed it. Sone common denominator of a larger cycle? I look forward to the next webinar to learn more.

Sat, Mar 2, 2019 - 5:52am
-
Dublin
Ireland

Two central banks sitting their hands

Euro-Suisse weekly to a week ago

Look carefully. Everything since end of 2018 is inside range for one week. Which week? The one we talked about here for five years+.

There is also a projection in two variants, and some dates of significance are marked. Regular readers know the drill: smoky blue - more sensitive, less reliable; red - more robust.

An inspection of past performance vs price shows how adequate and inadequate this projection has correlated with these FX currencies recently.

Think inverted when comparing projection to price.

But the big issue is two large central banks trading an inside range game. I don't see discussion on this. If anybody has seen something please post it.

Sat, Mar 2, 2019 - 9:23am
-
Dublin
Ireland

Above - with inversion forecast

An inversion adjusted chart of the above. This may make it easier to see the walk forwards within the harmonic forecasted scenario.