The setup for the big trade

12271 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sat, Jan 7, 2017 - 12:04am Solsson
my mothers keeper
-
Seattle, WA

clif high is an interesting individual

i feel some kinship with him because we are nearly neighbors. he lives about 90 minutes south of me.

he's been using his software to data mine the internet for linguistics since 1997. his original intention was to use what he got to make money in the stock market. his basic premise is that we humans are psychic, but we don't know it. so he picks up our language and interprets what he captures. he has a method you can read about if you go to his site. sometimes he's right and sometimes he misses. the thing is, he never takes it personally because he's just interpreting what he gets to the best of his ability. i like to listen to him talk because he has a good vocabulary and says interesting things, and he is careful in his choice of words.

in a recent interview, he made the comment that since social media became so pervasive, he is getting a lot more good data and that snapchat was great because people are so unguarded on that software so they reveal much more.

he has a lot to say about 2017, and we won't have to wait very long to see how it plays out.

Sat, Jan 7, 2017 - 6:14pm
silverwood
-
Kilauea, HI

Ronnie Fattal's 1/7/17 gold and silver analysis

Ronnie believes that AUD/USD correlation is significant to precious metal movements but he makes no mention of USD/JPY correlation. Comment?

Elliott Wave Analysis of AUDUSD, Gold & Silver as of 7th January 2017
Sun, Jan 8, 2017 - 4:36am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

A friendly duel Solsson vs

A friendly duel Solsson vs Ronnie, I invite him to a Cup of coffee.
GDXJ chart has a beautiful Cup&Handle formation. I say we go up from here:

from investopedia, a very reliable pattern:

Going Long/Short After the Handle Breakout:

There is a well-known rule about the handle which says, if the price breaks above the handle resistance, it will keep on going up strongly. This up movement can be at least the same as the size of the cup depth.

Sun, Jan 8, 2017 - 2:24pm
Pete
-
Fair Oaks, CA

Thanks to all

for the recent high-quality posts. I wish I had the time to do them all justice. Thanks AM for the referrals. Meanwhile, in my little way, I spotted this and it must be considered bearish until violated to the upside (where the far H becomes a target). On the daily there is a shakeout at the high, and the extreme came at the min-1 R1 line. This is bearish evidence, and if the high isn't taken out it's got to be positive for Gold. I think of this in the context of Trader Joe's EW view of DX and how important a potential top here would be (and a wC up in gold). We shall see.

Sun, Jan 8, 2017 - 7:35pm
Pete
-
Fair Oaks, CA

Babson projection in SP500

Looking at the monthly SP500 futures, there is an R1 target/objective (using min-1 monthly pivots) above the w5=w1 measurement. The projection tech is just like in the DX daily chart above. The line could be hit in a B wave months later as Trader Joe talks about. The nearness of the two objectives is "interesting".

Mon, Jan 9, 2017 - 10:45am
-
Dublin
Ireland

Looking for a VERY bullish PM view?

Ron Rosen is till preferring the 2011-2015 gold bear = wave 4 down count.

He has gold at the lower region of a wave 2 or early stage of a wave 3 up.

https://www.321gold.com/editorials/rosen/rosen010317.pdf

He does not use Market Matrix in this, he has tried to get the end of the bear several times with Matrix, so a perusal of past pdfs might be interesting to follow walk forward analysis.

For HUI followers, an interesting chart is his quarterly irregular count in XAU Stock Index here (see page 6): https://www.321gold.com/editorials/rosen/rosen122916.pdf

That one is worth evaluation.

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Mon, Jan 9, 2017 - 3:23pm
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

I remember Ron Rosen from the

I remember Ron Rosen from the early days of this mighty thread. I posted a chart were he predicted the low for gold. We are at that point now 1179. His Delta system and LTD nodes showed the turning points for gold. He said that if 1180 was broken then the markets was also truly broken a violation of mother natures law. A couple of years later we touched the 1050 mark.

I wonder why AM brings his stuff up now other than we are at the low point for his call from years back?

Mon, Jan 9, 2017 - 4:08pm
-
Dublin
Ireland

Pardon me, I said Market

Pardon me, I said Market Matrix, Rosen calls it Delta Phenomenon.

Same technique.

As for why look at this now? It was never dismissed, though he called the low early, all EW counts need to be filed away in the box called "It could still turn out this way".

But you know I have been looking for a probable three lows to "make up the formation", and this is a retest of the first 2015 low, a little early to be of the same scale and stand proudly as #2, however it can do the job. For now, I prefer to consider 2013 as gold low #1, 2015 as #2 and this is a (sub) retest of #2. If this is so, after this a rally larger than previous rallies during the bear, and possibly lasting a little longer than previous rallies, to set up a high that gets the gold bulls all worked up again. And of course once they're in, off we go on a new swing to throw them off again and at the same time looking for gold low #3 wherever that end up being located. That low marking the final low and ending point of the 8 year below-it's-mean period.

The silver, and GSR are at end of a nice daily-weekly swing, and I hope looking to make a substantial pullback for maybe the coming quarter. I'll look hard at silver bullishness, and assorted other leverage tricks if the GSR can get to upper edge of it's range, but first it would have to rally through long term moving average triggered selling at current levels. That will take some effort and some time, and I'm happy for other people's risk capital to do the fighting while I watch and wait.

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Tue, Jan 10, 2017 - 8:28am argentus maximus
eclectic
-
Houston, TX

Delta

A.M. have you a favorite delta 'solution'?

Tue, Jan 10, 2017 - 9:16am
-
Dublin
Ireland

I don't use it. Never

I don't use it. Never did.

I prefer another technique that performs the same function.

That's not to say it isn't worthwhile. However, it's mechanical not dynamic, fixed not evolutionary-dynamic. I suppose the Matrix solution for gold is embedded in my posts and easily retrieved. Or maybe the higher scales from Rosen's charts.

There is a case I am aware of that putting a certain amount of time in figuring out Matrix for silver may be more productive than doing the same process for gold.

Tue, Jan 10, 2017 - 11:15am
Pete
-
Fair Oaks, CA

help please

I'd like to post a downloadable file to this blog so people can easily compute action/reaction lines. What service is free and unlimited for this? Thanks.

Tue, Jan 10, 2017 - 11:25am
-
Dublin
Ireland

Capital rotations during a

Capital rotations during a decade and a half of stagflation:

Dow in blue

SPX in red

Russell in green

Dow-Transports ratio in black

Tue, Jan 10, 2017 - 4:00pm argentus maximus
-
Dublin
Ireland

Would you make a good witness to an accident? To a chart?

Q&A to see how much you saw there.

Did you notice two previous periods when volume was at current levels?

What happened to stocks immediately following those last two times?

Were those times lows or highs for stocks, or another kind of "phase"?

Seeing as this thread and forum are about gold, if gold was on that chart, which it isn't, did you mentally plot gold to see how it would fit? Did gold correlate with anything on the chart?

There are two cycles on the chart. Did you spot that the big one relates to volume and not price?

Did you notice that the smaller cycle correlates the Dow-Trannies with stocks for the rising part and switches to an inverse correlation after then? Does that have any consequence now or not?

Did you see how the stocks rallied begin with the blue (DJIA), then the red takes over (SPX), and finally the bull rolls into the green (Russell)?

What happens when the ratio makes a sudden (not gradual) spiky reversal to cancel out a vertical move recently made?

Since the ratio is obviously a percentage number (vertical axis not shown) have you gone looking to see what kind of number is "high" or "low" for the ratio, and does this last for long periods or not?

That long cycle: It's recent upwave encompassed a decade and a half of stock index trading range and subsequent breakout. Would that be accumulation, distribution, or random and meaningless?

If it is not meaningless, does it forecast anything for (presumeably) the next wave of that cycle?

Do you look at charts hard enough to see what they show? I gave a lot out with this one chart. If I did not post these questions I suppose very very few received what was given.

Can the rotational process from Wall St/the corporations to Spx to Russell stocks help to highlight a five wave sequence in a trend? Can you see a possible "five", or a possible five still under construction?

A tough question which is only partly and vaguely answered by this chart: Who likely now owns US stocks or is likely buying them? Who might be selling into demand? Is there any view suggested by the chart how long this transfer of assets might take?

Tue, Jan 10, 2017 - 7:43pm
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

Dow transports is very

Dow transports is very similar to Gold, look at the end, were we are now. A spike up in volume seems to trigger a breakdown in spx, dow and russell and a breakout to the upside for gold, sorry dow transport. 5waves up from 2008 crash another 5waves up from 2016 low and a final 5 tiny waves up in x days? I think we got 10days left

1. Dow at 20000
  2. US debt at 20000 billion (in 10days?)
  3. The inauguration 20th of Jan.

3 events with the number 2, 32 the inversion of 23, 2 three's 33 3x2 three times=6-6-6, it smells like another freemason-illuminati-old money event coming and we the willing sacrifice sheeple are the bagholders. That is my augury/prophecy for the near future...

2017 President Trump inAUGURation! Augur Ritual Sacrifice!
Tue, Jan 10, 2017 - 11:21pm Pete
banman17
-
london,
Canada

re Free download hosting

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your offer to give a free download for computing the Babson lines. I did a google search and came up with this site:

https://www.filefactory.com/

I haven't used it but is seems exactly suited for what you are looking for. Thanks for all your great posts on Babson techniques. I'm learning a lot but still need to learn to draw valid Babson lines myself, so I hope your download will help.

Cheers,

Banman17

Wed, Jan 11, 2017 - 8:55am Solsson
eclectic
-
Houston, TX

@Dow Transports

"A Mathematical Mystery Tour" by Mark Wahl--in his chapter on geometry-- he discusses the 'dance of the sixes'--to wit.

diameter of the moon = 2160 miles = 6x6x20, diameter of the earth = 7920 = 2x6x660, diameter of the sun = 2x2x6x6x6000 = 864000, distance of earth to moon = 6x60x660 = 237600. Speed of the earth as it goes around the sun = 66600mph, number of radi of earth that would reach the moon = 60.

Is this the role of the sun, moon and earth in the Delta theory? You might be on to something Solsson!

Wed, Jan 11, 2017 - 10:02am eclectic
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

There is a connection between

There is a connection between the numbers, that's how our universe/solarsystem is constructed.

• 86400 seconds in a day (sun)
  • 43200 seconds for a ½day, 432Hz is the base frequency for tuning instruments (music)
  • 21600 seconds for a quarter of a day (moon)

all numbers are reduced to 9

8+6+4+0+0=1+8=9
4+3+2+0+0=9
2+1+6+0+0=9

216=6*6*6, all living creatures base component is coal/carbon. The atom has 6protons 6neutrons 6electrons

so I guess we are all devils right oh and a mile is 1.61(8) kilometer, close to Phi the golden ratio.

Wed, Jan 11, 2017 - 4:17pm
Pete
-
Fair Oaks, CA

ah, another example of Babson's 0-Y R1 line

Today in Feb Gold. Still going up.

Wed, Jan 11, 2017 - 4:46pm
Pete
-
Fair Oaks, CA

Feb Gold daily

There's a 3X on/near the Inaugural date. Sometimes prices zoom up and through the X with a vengeance. The latest ml is the typical objective. Interestingly, the daily chart only shows a pair of m0 pivots for the rally so far. Two pair of m0's are the minimum needed to declare a probable major pivot. We might get more volatility of a longer duration over the next several days to get us the minimum for a major pivot.

Wed, Jan 11, 2017 - 9:57pm
SamSchlepps
-
Canada

And just in time for Davos - Ray on 'fake' and disclosure

don't know if this required reading for davo's; saw this through another site last week; apologies if already posted. couple of interesting comments - but not trying to sway anyone, mr. prosecutor, just the facts.

And ray says: https://www.businessinsider.com/ray-dalio-interview-henry-blodget-1-2017

Some comments by dalio

...So when I say I believe in radical truth and radical transparency, all I mean is we take things that ordinarily people would hide, and we put them on the table, particularly mistakes, problems, and weaknesses. We put those on the table, and we look at them together. We don't hide them. That's what I mean by radical truth. I mean accepting reality...

...I'm saying something more. I'm saying our system would work for most of the world...

...With the media, we don't know what's true, and we don't have radical transparency because we're seeing everything through somebody else's eyes. There's no other industry that has as much power and as much freedom and as little quality control. I can't imagine how anyone could not think that's a problem...

... We don't know what truth is anymore. You or other media people can say there's no problem, but you're losing your credibility. There's distortion, and it's hurting our society. And as a result of that, there will be forces that, one way or another, are going to naturally bring that into equilibrium. Pendulums swing from one extreme to another extreme. As a result I would think that a self-regulatory organization would be probably the best path...

And this link: https://www.businessinsider.com/bridgewater-associates-personality-tests-2016-8

These are the personality tests you take to get a job at the world's largest hedge fund

regards,

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop - Confucius
Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark - R. Tagore
Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine - Ralph Waldo Emerson