11671 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tue, Jan 20, 2015 - 4:10pm
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

Swiss goes NIRP extreme

Swiss goes NIRP extreme -0.75%. That was unthinkable just a few years ago. Do I feel desperation here? The $ is about to hit the upper end of the trend channel. It will soon retrace and gold will rise for another month or two.

Or that is what I am hoping for, gold at $1500 HUI at 500 by the end of March, that would be nice. We are worth it laugh

AM's spikey end is playing out, now also in the dollar. Some say it is not possible to predict the future, I am not so sure.

GLTA,

Edit,
No sorry I got carried away, greed always clutter my judgement. Lets say 1375-1420 and 390.

Tue, Jan 20, 2015 - 8:18pm
SilverRunNW

Hilarious!  Will Rickards

Hilarious! Will Rickards respond?

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 9:58am
redwood

HUI is dropping so rapidly

HUI is dropping so rapidly its not even recording accurately. They need to clean up their computer programming, I think.

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 10:37am (Reply to #6952)
eclectic
-
Houston, TX

Solsson:

I am thinking minimum of 1525; but now more like 1800.

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 10:43am
-
Dublin
Ireland

I wonder what the German

I wonder what the German Constitutional Court will have to say about this?

Meanwhile it's time to draw stops up to a closer place under gold, especially for shorter timeframe EUR traders. Selloff intraday in hand currently.

BUT .... It still seems likely this move up is not yet complete.

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 10:50am (Reply to #6956)
redwood

Perhaps, but you called this

Perhaps, but you called this change/inflection point. Many hat tips to you. I don't think we're stopping just yet, but waiting for gold to breach 1280 to the downside, then 1240. WS.

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 10:54am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

eclectic

Yes, correct. History doesn't repeat but it rhymes. If we repeat the recovery from 1982, gold will move up by 70% in 3 months, even better with silver, 314% in 8 months. The MACD is almost about to trigger a buysignal.

GOLD: $1997

SILVER: $48

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 11:02am
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

News leak: ECB starts printing

News leakage:

ECB starts printing in March, 50billion euro per month! They are going to print all the way through 2016

Sorry I jinxed it by my post yesterday :-P should av taken some profit this morning ... we will be back on track soon. Europe took the relay stick from FED and will run through the sound barrier. The Swiss concern was right or they knew I mean.

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 11:12am
brokerk22

Is redwood and pailin still

hunting for $12 silver and below $1000 gold. Maybe it happens but I really doubt it at this point. Looks like central banks cover is blown. But they do have a lot a tricks I must say. Somehow I think the bears will always be bears at any fiat price.

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 11:24am (Reply to #6960)
redwood

Not a bear at all, just

Not a bear at all, just calling the charts and of course I could be wrong. I have physical just like so many here.

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 12:03pm
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

AM Spot On Forecast of Jan 16th!

Thank you for the update. Ivars pointed out the Fib date of Jan 22, 2015. The same date appears in my cycle research. I thought it might be an interm bottom, but it appears to likely be a top. 

The end of the month price action appears to be setting up for large movements as you have pointed out. A brief pull back and then continue upwards? What do you see? 

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 12:11pm (Reply to #6962)
ivars
-
Riga
Latvia

Indeed it seems to be a top;

Indeed it seems to be a top; bottom was when previous long term Fibo sequence converged in mid January; now the question remains how low will gold drop back ..could be a final one ..but I would still doubt real uncertainty about monetary system-it looks more like rapid but preplanned sequence of events- until David Rockefeller is still alive and, presumably , capable, and CIA is still guarding him. When the Emperor falls and the fight for succession begins, then we shall see the monetary uncertainty -> mess that will bring gold UP in USD. 

Not sure about ECB QE either; but if is comes, it may be as gold negative as FED QE.

Any future development must involve changing something which people have never challenged up to the present,and which will not be shown up by an axiomatic formulation. P.A.M.Dirac
Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 12:25pm
ivars
-
Riga
Latvia

Finally I understood why the

Finally I understood why the Swiss depegged:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-21/swiss-add-to-corporate-despair-as-debt-costs-jump-russia-credit.html

Same USA war with Russia strategy continuation, as with oil prices. rocks still have a say in CB decisions all over the world. 

Any future development must involve changing something which people have never challenged up to the present,and which will not be shown up by an axiomatic formulation. P.A.M.Dirac
Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 1:15pm (Reply to #6964)
foscotanner
-
UK

22nd

Little BoP calling for an aggressive move.

Presumably you get an aggressive move up to finsih the up move.

Makes sense to have a quick wash out the day before.

Not convinced 22nd is end of up move. But its coming. Because all moves end :-)

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 1:24pm
erewenguy
-
GA

I would agree with AM in that

I would agree with AM in that this move does not seem done yet. Kind of hard to call a top when gold is down <0.1% and silver is up 1.3% on the day.

A little consolidation is necessary, we've been moving so fast. This is a nice pause at expected resistance levels. Good opportunity for offloading some short-sighted longs, and fresh shorts to be entered for the next round of short squeezes.

We've reached my initial target, but I was expecting a bit more decisive retreat in price. Something just "feels" different about the metals lately although that is not a basis to make decisions on. I know I'm lousy at day trading and 90% of the time I take profits too soon. Copper and oil seem to be consolidating at these levels, so I'm going to sit tight. I bought deep enough that I have quite a bit of leeway to wait out a few days of market indecision.

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 3:00pm
-
Dublin
Ireland

My Jul 2013 Comex Gold

My Jul 2013 Comex Gold forecast is running towards the end of it's period.

Just to mention that. But there is an unfulfilled aspect which was the forecast implied the taking out of the trading range high in the final upwards swing. We have taken out the down trending resistance, but the horizontal price levels are not yet broken.

Basis the continuation CMX contract chart those three highs are three separate levels not one price level. They are under 1435, 1393 and 1347. They are now the targets for this upswing in US dollars cross with gold for that particular forecast. Hitting even only one ends the forecast, coming to the end of the allotted time also ends the forecast whether the upswing makes the price level or not.

And here is the chart which has stayed relatively "tight" for such a long time, 18 months now:

For clarification, the ending price of the forecast is not the important thing, it's the ending price relative to the higher pivots of the trading range of 2014. Only a few days left for this one! But I have done plenty of fresh work since Jul 2013 I assure you.

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 3:40pm
Solsson
-
Ankeborg
Sweden

I am glad that I found this

I am glad that I found this thread two years ago, looking forward to another interesting year.

Thank you for the update AM yes will do some thinking about how to trade my miners. They act in very different ways, it's almost like eleven different prices of gold.

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 5:03pm (Reply to #6968)
foscotanner
-
UK

So Little Bo P says up up and

So Little Bo P says up up and up. Whilst he is busy dreaming about Infinity and beyond with Buzz Lightyear Armstrong does what Armstrong does. He bashes the people who saved his backside (although he has re-written history on that one) and says it is time for a direction change and gives you the up numbers and the down numbers.

Argentus offers a sobering thought. Piece it together and what do you get....

1) The chance that Bo P is right for a few days and we see a big up move to challenge 1350, take out Armstrongs daily and weekly but falter at this monthly close one next week?

2) Like 1 except it presses on to Argentus target number 2.

3) A reversal - which isnt going to be slow.

Luckily we know pretty soon. Probably a day. I like the look of 1. You get a move like we have had and it feels as though it needs to go further. I'm not sold on 3. There are a lot of resistance lines that are now support. Unless the dollar is going up by 30% in 13 mins. Maybe that is one for Argentus to figure out. When does the dollar have its parabolic spike up? :-)

Either way - the top is near. Look at the volume of posts on here. Look at the volume the last time I commented on how quiet it was. What a difference a week of going up makes.....

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 6:35pm
Oboma

Back down

After this run up and side ways trading for the entire year Excitment will be over very soon

Wed, Jan 21, 2015 - 8:30pm
Just A Regular Guy
-
Regular Guy City
Australia

Happy New Year

Happy New Year boys and girls. What a start to the year.

With regards to gold:

McCullough: Gold Showing A "Clean-Cut Buy Signal" | $GLD

A lot of my miners are showing so much strength it's unbelievable... If they start consolidating this huge move, I will be buying more....
Drahgi tonight, gonna be a disappointmont even more than the leaks....

Been reading, great gear guys!
Take care.

Regards,
Just A Regular Guy

Peace and heartheartheart