Last post
Tue, Aug 5, 2014 - 9:28am
ivars
-
Riga
Latvia

GSR aiming back into the old

GSR aiming back into the old channel?

Any future development must involve changing something which people have never challenged up to the present,and which will not be shown up by an axiomatic formulation. P.A.M.Dirac
Tue, Aug 5, 2014 - 9:53am (Reply to #5972)
eclectic
-
Houston, TX

Ivars...

If the elites control the global corporations who own all the news networks; (Roths/Rocks) why all the recent new topics on the subject of Israeli aggression and antisemitism? You'd think the news would be pro-Israeli, etc. no?

Tue, Aug 5, 2014 - 10:36am (Reply to #5973)
ivars
-
Riga
Latvia

To force move of Jewish

To force move of Jewish capital out of Europe and even USA to Asia as anti-semitism increases. Israel is Roth creation, so they can do what they are told to increase anti-semitism.

Besides, Rocks are NOT Jews. Have never been. Huguenots, Masons, Puritans yes but never Jews. They path have crossed with Jewish one already in Ancient Egypt as far as I can figure out.

Sometimes they cooperate, as in bringing down Russian Empire, but they did split immediately after Soviet revolution as Rocks tried to take control over Russia in the end of 20-ties (google New Economic Policies) . That would be the end of Roths forever if Rocks had succeeded. So Roths supported Stalin and thus saved future for themselves.

Any future development must involve changing something which people have never challenged up to the present,and which will not be shown up by an axiomatic formulation. P.A.M.Dirac
Tue, Aug 5, 2014 - 10:38am
ivars
-
Riga
Latvia

It seems Armstrong have the

It seems Armstrong have the same idea of splitting influence spheres but he thinks its the USG arrogance not a forced agreement that makes USA act as it does:

https://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/08/

USD does not die in his scenario either.

Tue, Aug 5, 2014 - 2:33pm (Reply to #5972)
Nemraci
-
Toronto, ON
Canada

It's well above the trend

It's well above the trend line now. Unusually big divergence between G & S today.

Nemraci

Tue, Aug 5, 2014 - 3:42pm (Reply to #5976)
ivars
-
Riga
Latvia

Nemraci wrote:It's well

Nemraci wrote:

It's well above the trend line now. Unusually big divergence between G & S today.

Nemraci

Such sudden spike..in my theory, could be a message from Roths to Rocks that Rocks must be more proactive. Lets see if it leads to some USG response/actions over Ukraine or elsewhere. Or maybe USD needs to be talked down a bit. Lets see. Though the spike was not too big, but the key is it was noticeable and out of line with silver.

Tue, Aug 5, 2014 - 6:15pm
eclectic
-
Houston, TX

Birds Of A Feather?

ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, National Security Adviser.

CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, Obama’s Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.

ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to Whitehouse Press Secretary Jay Carney

ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama’s Deputy Press Secretary

ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama’s Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood

CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.

Tue, Aug 5, 2014 - 9:48pm

Don't forget Anderson Cooper.

Don't forget Anderson Cooper. A Vanderbilt. The family of some the greatest stock manipulators of all time.

And obviously, Jenna Bush and Chelsea Clinton.

If being married to an ex-Fed chairman counts too, then you can add Andrea Mitchell

Wed, Aug 6, 2014 - 1:14am
RockerBoxer
-
Canada

West Coast Trees Give Life

Redwood,

Interview with Haida Gwaii Chief and Master Carver Jim Hart
Wed, Aug 6, 2014 - 3:07am
RockerBoxer
-
Canada

1408 CAD trigger gold

1408 CAD trigger gold price...

smiley

Wed, Aug 6, 2014 - 8:57am
-
Dublin
Ireland

Only a line on a chart

What might happen on 11 August?

But hey, it's "manipulated" so charts are useless, right? No? Yes? Well, we'll soon see on this one.

(I think I probably need to do this on EUR and GBP crosses for the PMs too.)

Next TL is not shown but it's roughly about the 20th, no rush for that one yet.

Still sitting and watching ....

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Wed, Aug 6, 2014 - 9:01am
-
Dublin
Ireland

Study the masters in whatever you wish to learn about

Wall Street never changes, the pockets change, the suckers change, the stocks change, but Wall Street never changes, because human nature never changes."

There is no question that advertising is an art, and manipulation is the art of advertising through the medium of the tape. The tape should tell the story the manipulator wishes its readers to see. The truer the story the more convincing it is bound to be, and the more convincing it is the better the advertising is. A manipulator to-day, for instance, has not only to make a stock look strong but also to make it be strong. Manipulation therefore must be based on sound trading principles.

There is no sense in marking up the price to a very high level if you cannot induce the public to take it off your hands later.

I repeat that at no time during the manipulation do I forget to be a stock trader. My problems as a manipulator, after all, are the same that confront me as an operator. All manipulation comes to an end when the manipulator cannot make a stock do what he wants it to do. When the stock you are manipulating doesn't act as it should, quit. Don't argue with the tape. Do not seek to lure the profit back. Quit while the quitting is good and cheap.

Edwin Lefevre 1923

I particularly like the last sentence in the second paragraph, though the first two sentences of the last paragraph come close. Even a hunter must follow certain rules or fail. AM

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Wed, Aug 6, 2014 - 9:35am

Open question to anybody

Open question to anybody brave enough to take a guess. (I don't know the answer without going back and studying AM's past charts) Probably well worth the exercise but no guarantee I'll figure it out without substantial time and effort.

Why August 11th? What is not drawn on that chart that AM knows to draw the line on August 11th.

Any of you who read other analysts see anybody else bringing this date to your attention?

Seems to go well beyond most support and resistance analysis.

Wed, Aug 6, 2014 - 10:05am (Reply to #5980)
redwood

To my fellow Canuck, We are

To my fellow Canuck,

We are blessed with these beauties. I have some and I'm in SW Ontario and they even withstood -40.0 C (with wind) this winter. Thanks. Apologies for being OT.

Wed, Aug 6, 2014 - 10:35pm

Good News

Well, the good news is 6 others have the same question. Considering the amount of views this forum got today based on the counter, I'd say we have many more minds that can get their head around Hamas and the Ebola virus than price. That's not a knock of the collective as I would be included. It's just good information to have for I think obvious reasons. The other obvious question was which way does he believe it will move?

Of course, the other riddle was the quote by Lefevre. Just generous sage advice or does it portent a potential short term future reminiscent of Armstrongs and Ivars prediction? I kind of liked the sentence before the one AM highlighted.

There is no sense in marking up the price to a very high level if you cannot induce the public to take it off your hands later.

After all we are dealing with a complex mind who definitely has a knack for subtlety and layers of meaning. Sometimes an acorn falling off a tree is simply an acorn falling off a tree. Sometimes it's much more.

(AM, no intention of being rude by referring to you in the 3rd person as if you are not reading. Just thinking aloud hopefully like minds asking the same questions and probably to the annoyance of everyone else. )

Wed, Aug 6, 2014 - 11:05pm
wildbadbill
-
Houston, TX

thanks Am and very good

thanks Am and very good analysis Gl :)

The "plot" thickens......

What is kinda sipping into my head based on the above is apparent inability for the price to "keep going up"-so,will it be let slammed again?

I mean with all the geopolitical posturing-and nada.price wise.

Interesting to say the least.

Thu, Aug 7, 2014 - 2:52am
ivars
-
Riga
Latvia

August 11 I have no clue.

August 11 I have no clue. Geopolitics= Russia is the most obvious one, one reason being that Putin has announced joint Parliament and himself and Medvedev ( Prime Minister) session in Crimea on August 14th. The arrivals of parliamentarians start on August 12th.

The agenda so far seems to be just to promote and show Russian government firmness, devotion and attention to Crimea annexation ( for ever) and its problems that they will make a show of solving.

On other hand, if the whole Russian Duma plus Putin plus Medvedev plus may be other ministers are going to be in Crimea, they would not risk some escalating military action prior to that on Saturday Sunday (9-10th) , would they? Or would it fit Putin's cowboy mentality to show off in such a manner?

Otherwise then this occasion , so far I have no ideas.

The penalization by Rothschilds of the USA that there is NOT enough USA activity in Ukraine to push Russia towards China faster can come any day, its difficult to say that August 11th may have special significance.

But as Putin is also Rothschild plant, the signaling with rise in gold price is telling both Obama ( and Rocks) and Putin to act, so someone of them or both shall escalate the situation. It has been too peaceful lately, with Ukraine forces advancing and West imposing minute sanctions on Russia. Probably Roths feel that turning Russia away from Europe while there is too little tensions and until there exists hope of lifting sanctions exercise is not done properly yet.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-06/russian-defense-minister-tells-troops-be-state-constant-battle-readiness

So may be just may be we may see some major escalation prior to and around August 11 from any or both sides ( remember Ukraine forces are readying for attack on Lughansk and Donetsk which are encircled )-there has to be some resolution from Putin now does he give up with current gains ( losing face at home) or take some more (e.g. unilateral peace troops in East Ukraine, or moving from Russia to Crimea to cut off Ukraine from Azov Sea in the name of securing water etc deliveries to Crimea and saving 20 billion on 4 year bridge project connecting Russian and Crimea) ;

With Putin sitting in Crimea on August 14th and rallying his troops almost from the frontline as there are 20 000 Russian troops also in Crimea able to move towards Ukraine border in few hours.

Other thing could be breakdown of Gaza truce once again.

Thu, Aug 7, 2014 - 3:50am
Silver_Surfer

August 11, 3 days till new silver fix

August 11... Only thing I can think of is that it is a few days before the end of the old silver fix (august 14) and the beginning of the new one. Any derivatives you want to sell will probably have to be sold by in light of this ISDA anouncement.

Looking to trade crypto on leverage? BitMex is the biggest and most liquid crypto futures exhange that offers leverage up to 100x. Click here to get a 10% fee discount during the first 6 months. Please don't wreck yourself by actually leveraging 100x. Alternatives are 1Fox & 1Broker (1Broker has forex & legacy markets also).
Thu, Aug 7, 2014 - 4:28am
ivars
-
Riga
Latvia

August 11

How about this - Washington agreement on gold sales/lease version 2009 :

Quote:

2009 agreement

In August 2009, 19 banks extended the agreement and committed to selling no more than a combined 400 metric tonnes of gold through September 2014. The International Monetary Fund did not sign this agreement.[6]

Full text

1. Gold remains an important element of global monetary reserves.

2. The gold sales already decided and to be decided by the undersigned institutions will be achieved through a concerted programme of sales over a period of five years, starting on 27 September 2009, immediately after the end of the previous agreement. Annual sales will not exceed 400 tonnes and total sales over this period will not exceed 2,000 tonnes.

3. The signatories recognize the intention of the IMF to sell 403 tonnes of gold and noted that such sales can be accommodated within the above ceilings.

4. This agreement will be reviewed after five years.

As far as i can figure out, it was signed on August 7th, 2009. In reality, CBs signatories sold 25 tons instead of allowed 2000 tons. So they can still dump 1875 tons within 1,5 months left. :)

And this agreement was renewed on May 19th, 2014 for another 5 years from September 2014. What if they now decide to adjust it prior to September? Like allowing bigger gold sales?

Far fetched as it signed already..but if there are more ideas, one can be the right one. Useful piece of info anyway.

Quote:

Statement from the European Central Bank:

ECB and other central banks announce the fourth Central Bank Gold Agreement

The European Central Bank, the Nationale Bank van België/Banque Nationale de Belgique, the Deutsche Bundesbank, Eesti Pank, the Central Bank of Ireland, the Bank of Greece, the Banco de España, the Banque de France, the Banca d’Italia, the Central Bank of Cyprus, Latvijas Banka, the Banque centrale du Luxembourg, the Central Bank of Malta, De Nederlandsche Bank, the Oesterreichische Nationalbank, the Banco de Portugal, Banka Slovenije, Národná banka Slovenska, Suomen Pankki – Finlands Bank, Sveriges Riksbank and the Swiss National Bank today announce the fourth Central Bank Gold Agreement (CBGA).

In the interest of clarifying their intentions with respect to their gold holdings, the signatories of the fourth CBGA issue the following statement:

• Gold remains an important element of global monetary reserves;
  • The signatories will continue to coordinate their gold transactions so as to avoid market disturbances;
  • The signatories note that, currently, they do not have any plans to sell significant amounts of gold;
  • This agreement, which applies as of 27 September 2014, following the expiry of the current agreement, will be reviewed after five years.
Thu, Aug 7, 2014 - 5:09am

Well, going back (insomnia

Well, going back (insomnia has it's benefits), it's an inflection point and a geopolitical power point. So Ivars does get some points now doesn't he at least in the spirit of the date? Details might vary.

And if we consider another lesson given here in the past by the Professor that everything that shows up here no matter how seemingly unrelated, has some far reaching relevance including what seems to be unrelated tangents, and disgruntled ramblings, then below $1000.00 now has my attention as it pertains to gold. (go back to the lunatic rantings of Oy vey man? and even before that)

Well that acorn has fallen three times with the same comment as it relates to price. At some point, you just move your chair out from the tree, so you don't get hit in the head with it, and other times you move your chair and wonder what is it trying to draw my attention to.

Another pattern to notice in AM's flow is that misinformation usually gets clearly addressed. for your benefit ie Pied Pipers was inspired by comments here (consistent with the flow) Other times, silence contains information too. . As for silver, his overall sentiment has been clear. Watching.

I'm telling you guys. AM ain't conventional, mainstream in any way. There is a method to his madness as he has revealed in the past. And any man that looks at the press release of a canceled metals conference and see's the dates as market information and possible timing of a final low is operating well out of the mainstream thought process. (see the last 1/2 of R'n'P 169 "Silver Price Cycles" on the main blog for a reminder)

https://www.metalsandmineralsevents.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=81641&

(too bad. I go every year and enjoy it. I should have saw this coming. No weenies in a bun and free cocktails were handed out this year)

My secrets of understanding AM.

Pay particular attention to the things that nobody comments on especially on the main blog. And watch how fast or slow it takes for the comments to go off topic. That's when you know it went over everybodies head. That's what you pay attention to.

Become a gold member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate Shop

The TFMR Silver Round
Buying Gold
randomness