The setup for the big trade

9782 posts / 0 new
Last post
dingleberry
dingleberry's picture
Hat Tips: 32
FWIW

Long time lurker, short time registered. Its easy to read and not comment, but that doesn't show any appreciation, so just to say, this is a Great thread and thank you.

Byzantium
Byzantium's picture
Hat Tips: 8418
@ Argentus

"Within 3 sessions it appears to me that the BBs (with the CBs, PPT, & Co) will kick the metals off the window ledge they are presently on and dump them into freefall. This is imminent."

First off, this is a gripping read. But the force of your words comes not from any argument tendered, but from what appears to be inside knowledge. You ain't no Nostradamus; you are something akin to 'Another;'  you even talk a little bit like him, in that English does not appear to be your mother tongue.

Well, we are all hooked. I was already veering towards lowering my buy-back points, and your comment above has just sealed it; an epic smack-down is looking more and more likely to me. Don't lose heart everyone, they are farming sell stops, then they will scurry back up to higher ground again.

JazzTalker
JazzTalker's picture
Hat Tips: 700
AM

Thanks for your post.  Compelling, Intriguing...where did you learn your talent

argentus maximus
argentus maximus's picture
Hat Tips: 20109
Some fibonacci ....

Questions about fibonacci .... I use it in many ways.

Here is a swing chart using Fibonacci to measure the bounce after BBs give it a tap. (The red bars show when it was knocked surreptitiously on the head and when they bought back in their paper shorts.)  So this chart measures the lasting effect of a Bullion Bank & Co short sale input.

The gold produced an 8 day bounce, followed by a 13 day bounce. 8 and 13 are fibonacci numbers, and the next fibonacci number after those is 21. Well ... 21 days from the current bounce takes us to ... coincidentally 20th Feb.

The first drop was 27 handles (big numbers), the next was 58 handles, the coming one we do not yet know.

27 x 210% = 58 approx.

Fib sequence 1,1,2,3,5,8 ..... The third term is 200% of the first and second, so 210% is 5% error of 200% which is a fibonacci ratio.

I assume (!) that the coming bounce-swing may be 100% or 1.618% of the first swing.

That would produce targets of 1625 or 1609. These happen to be support levels created on 17th and 21st August 2012 basis the continuation future for Gold Comex.

It is all interesting stuff, Fibonacci, as it seems to be tied into market rhythms in many ways. But it is what price does in the current moment Vs. our forecast that matters, not any particular forecast itself.

argentus maximus
Rhythm 'n Price
http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html
This analysis - global markets

argentus maximus
Headlines that may indicate geopolitical inflection

Senior member of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards assassinated in Syria

Alabama county broke, debt deal with European bank

Meteorite hits Russia, explosion, 500 people hurt

Asteriod flies by Earth within Satellite Orbit

Horsemeat scandal intensifies horse drugs in human foodchain

Draghi Currency Talks Fruitless, G20 Disagreement

Billionaire sells his personal A380 to generate investment cash

JPMorganChase fires traders, 4% pay cuts imposed

Mobile phone global sales decline for first time ever

Airbus ditches lithium ion battery technology in favour of conventional power storage in new A350 aircraft

... and in case you didn't notice, Brent Crude has moved to the top of its trading range in 3 timeframes, in weekly, daily and hourly chart .....

But it's all happenstance, random disconnected events that can not be synchronized, no way, move on folks ....

...except in post #15 above I somehow was able to say:

All I'm doing here is drawing attention to connections between items of power transfer which otherwise seem disconnected, except for their time synchrony. We have 6 days to go, which is plenty of time for global geopolitical paranoia and power shift news releases to accelerate into a climax of public perception and revaluation of assets.

argentus maximus
Rhythm 'n Price

JazzTalker
JazzTalker's picture
Hat Tips: 700
and don't forget

There's been an earthquake almost every day for the past weeks. 

Significant EarthquakesPast 30 Days

1. M 6.6, 134km WSW of Druzhina, RussiaThursday, February 14, 2013 13:13:53 UTC
  2. M 5.1, 72km W of Tonopah, NevadaWednesday, February 13, 2013 00:10:14 UTC
  3. M 5.1, 24km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North KoreaTuesday, February 12, 2013 02:57:51 UTC
  4. M 6.3, 51km SW of Lata, Solomon IslandsSunday, February 10, 2013 18:39:35 UTC
  5. M 6.6, 27km S of Lata, Solomon IslandsSaturday, February 09, 2013 21:02:22 UTC
  6. M 6.9, 5km NNE of Yacuanquer, ColombiaSaturday, February 09, 2013 14:16:09 UTC
  7. M 7.0, 25km SSE of Lata, Solomon IslandsFriday, February 08, 2013 15:26:39 UTC
  8. M 6.8, 21km SSE of Lata, Solomon IslandsFriday, February 08, 2013 11:12:13 UTC
  9. M 6.6, 36km SSW of Lata, Solomon IslandsThursday, February 07, 2013 18:59:16 UTC
  10. M 7.0, 27km NNW of Lata, Solomon IslandsWednesday, February 06, 2013 01:54:15 UTC
  11. M 7.1, 114km WSW of Lata, Solomon IslandsWednesday, February 06, 2013 01:23:19 UTC
  12. M 8.0, 76km W of Lata, Solomon IslandsWednesday, February 06, 2013 01:12:27 UTC
  13. M 6.9, 19km SSW of Obihiro, JapanSaturday, February 02, 2013 14:17:35 UTC
  14. M 6.4, 70km SW of Lata, Solomon IslandsFriday, February 01, 2013 22:18:33 UTC
  15. M 6.3, 49km WSW of Lata, Solomon IslandsFriday, February 01, 2013 22:16:34 UTC
  16. M 6.8, 56km NNE of Vallenar, ChileWednesday, January 30, 2013 20:15:43 UTC
  17. M 6.1, 60km SE of Kegen, KazakhstanMonday, January 28, 2013 16:38:53 UTC

Significant Earthquake Archive

Strongsidejedi
Strongsidejedi's picture
Hat Tips: 11801
adding a few more headlines for Argentus' list

French forces in African nations for "security".  Those troops have helped secure gold and uranium mines.

Japan and China fencing over sea lanes and small, sparsely populated islands in the East China Sea/ Western Pacific.

North Korea detonates nuclear weapon.

G-20 meeting to start.

Germany and other nations begin repatriation of gold from depositories in New York City and London.

China goes back to work on Monday.

Larry
Larry's picture
Hat Tips: 7685
Gold nugget here

Argentus, great stuff! Your thread is now bookmarked, so I look forward to following your work with great interest. Will add items that correlate with your significant/relevant news headlines.

Thanks GL and others that linked this thread on Main Street. 

Abraham Bernanke
Abraham Bernanke's picture
Hat Tips: 1457
A M initials

Yes great thread, anyone know anyone else with the same initials?

SWAGER on.
Silver - Wine - Art - Gold - Energy - Real estate

indosil
indosil's picture
Hat Tips: 1666
@Argentus

So you suggesting it's time to Short Brent Crude??So the same goes for Crude as well??

heyJoe
heyJoe's picture
Hat Tips: 1465
Thank you for sharing

I don't understand much of the TA, but your commentary is very interesting.  

thedukes
thedukes's picture
Hat Tips: 774
Fibonacci

Thanks for the lesson on Fibonacci time factoring. First time I have seen someone use Fib numbers for time sequences. Very enlightening.

argentus maximus
JazzTalker wrote:Thanks for

JazzTalker wrote:
Thanks for your post.  Compelling, Intriguing...where did you learn your talent

I did my first trade in futures over 25 years ago. Too many good sources to begin to mention. Osmosis over time I suppose.

indosil wrote:
So you suggesting it's time to Short Brent Crude??So the same goes for Crude as well??

No. But I would comment that a move away from a cyclic day (that was a reversal or breakout) into the future is less likely to contain a reversal than at any other random time. Therefore after the 21st Feb has been passed by, following the price of oil whatever direction it chooses to go could be a good thing to consider. So a thing called a following bar breakout would provide the suggested strategy to trade the breakout, or the reversal.

Which is to say: on the coming inflection, information will be ... err ... produced .... which make it clear whether we will get inflation or deflation, together with the stagnation we are going to get in either alternative. The markets will begin to revalue their assets to discount this new information by a new direction for price.

heyJoe wrote:
I don't understand much of the TA, but your commentary is very interesting.  

Thank you. If you find less material of the sort of approach you wish, let me know by PM, I can always add in a post to address some missing issue. Or I might admit to lack of knowledge in that area, and give a link to a better source than myself..

Please make appropriate allowances ... each time I post, or most of them, I am working many bars ahead of the current price bar.  Each predictive type post should be taken only as my thoughts based on my subjective reading of a complex market. It's a confidence test to go specific or not each post. When I'm wrong I can be 100% wrong and stops are necessary always! 

argentus maximus
Rhythm 'n Price

indosil
indosil's picture
Hat Tips: 1666
@Argentus

Thanks a lot.Advice well taken & shall be implemented in the not so near futuresmiley

argentus maximus
We have entered the vertical

The support of Feb 14th is passed by, and we have entered the vertical drop ...

Not long to go before this causes capitulation and the cleanout is over, and assets in  stronger hands.

This will put a short term oversold reading on the RSI. There is a long term oversold reading already. Soon we go sideways to unwind the oversoldness, then after a couple of days a last stab down to create a divergence.

Elliott Wave technicians will count this as a wave 3 of 3 of 3 of C I guess.

Still some downdays left, though we will rally and go sideways a bit next. I suppose a tilted megaphone shape pattern  is possible (to complete more of a loose wedge). But I wonder where it will have descended to when the smoke clears next week? They are certainly hammering it for all their worth, and on schedule.

Either way, relax, chill, all is in hand, value increases by the hour, and our ship is on course to arrive, for us to board safely quite soon.

argentus maximus
Rhythm 'n Price

Pining 4 the Fjords
Pining 4 the Fjords's picture
Hat Tips: 40138
Thank you Argentus

Please keep this up-  this thread is quite remarkable (and it is turning heads too, I can tell you).

Thank you for posting, I will be following the progress towards the "big trade" avidly. 

brokerk22
brokerk22's picture
Hat Tips: 3949
Maximus!

I dont know where you came from buy man you sure are a great asset to our community.  Keep up the good work!  The stuff you post is very valuable.

argentus maximus
Priceless Headlines ....

Billionaires Soros & Bacon reduce their gold holdings in decline

Blackberry Founder Jim balsille sells stake in phone maker

Mugabe to hold elections in Zimbabwe

Berlusconi says Bribes are necessary, not crimes

German Lawyer to head Vatican Bank

Italian Helicopter Defence Firm Finnmeccanica boss Guiseppe Orsi resigns in bribery scandal

Nazi Looted Louvre Art returned

India Army Kills Pakistan Soldier

Well there you have it: war, invasion, looting, murder, assassination, scandal, winners, losers, corporate outings, gold manipulation, all variants are present and correct in our roll call.

Do I need to go on? Let us reinterpret the meteorite in Russia story as a "The Sun is Falling" banner headline and be done with it. And what did the metal prices do today? Or does the comment in this thread's posts about the descent of gold & silver show a lack of sudden random newsy surprise elements? Could this all just conceivably be ... a process?

Still a couple of days to go. We can watch and learn by seeing the grey men and their strings that pull us.

Opening day of the stacking season is coming

argentus maximus
Rhythm 'n Price

California Lawyer
California Lawyer's picture
Hat Tips: 21869
Canny, Prescient, Remarkable, THANK YOU!

Fantastic work, AM, thank you!  

GL, thanks for the heads-up!

This sure is exciting!

"To save yourself from all this that has happened and will continue to happen requires commitment and courage. You have it or you do not. Admit who you are and act accordingly."
Jim Sinclair, December 18, 2012.

Terp
Terp's picture
Hat Tips: 1098
Looking good A.M.

Pope resigns - CHECK

Meteorite hits Earth - CHECK

Looking like we might end the day around the 1609 level you called too (at least in Apr Gold, which is what I'm watching)

Thanks for sharing your work !

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Syndicate contentComments for "The setup for the big trade"