The setup for the big trade

11592 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Feb 14, 2013 - 4:04pm
murphy
-
On the Border

@ AM

Great thread, although I have to admit some of it is like a foreign language to me. By all means keep it up. It seems you have a grasp of both the art of manipulation and the science of TA.

@ Beastly- thanks for pointing this thread out on Main

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 - 4:30pm
Terp
-
Alexandria, VA

Awesome stuff!

Great stuff A.M. - Keep it up. I'll be following =) Your TA and observations are fantastic.

I bought 3 Apr Gold contracts before reading this thread. I have a 1620 stop but have room to maneuver.

Thanks Beastly for directing me here!

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 - 4:40pm
murphy
-
On the Border

@ AM

Stop over the Speak and I will buy you a virtual drink

https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/588674#comment-588674

Oh by the way, glad you found us. Sorry it took so long to find you.

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 - 4:58pm
Strawboss
-
Washington DC, VA

Just added this page to my IE

Just added this page to my IE home page tabs - I will be very interested to see what the next few days brings.

I am wondering if this parabola in silver will hold the low or if you envision a breach of it.

Jesus Christ is the only true hope that any of us really has. Aaaargh .. the monkeys!!! Trading metals is like playing frogger...there's always a big truck coming.
Thu, Feb 14, 2013 - 5:08pm
thedukes
-
Fishers, IN

Argentus

Nice thread. How much of your work is uses fibanacci and volume for both the dollar and gold? This appears to be the second test of the 1626 level from Jan 4. Volume is increasing and we are heading into a Friday for a possible test of that level once again. It's also heading into a 1:1 fib retracement from the Sept 2011 highs. Are you factoring the possiblity of a 1:1.382 or 1:1.618 which would bring gold prices to a 1582 first level and a 1552 second potential level. The dollar also lines up for a potential run to 81.50 on expanding volumes which looks to confirm a gold break of the 1626 level. Thoughts.

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 - 5:42pm
ReachWest
-
XX

Thanks Argentus

Just spent 30 minutes reading through your thread. Great work - mostly way above my head - but I shall continue to observe from the sidelines. I like the way you present your analysis and tie it to headlines.

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 - 5:45pm
ag1969

Thank you so much Argentus

I saw Beastly and GL on the main thread suggesting everyone check you out, and now I see why. And just so you know, I enjoyed your subjective side. The way you connect dots is very compelling even for non traders like myself. I was thoroughly captivated for the entire thread. I will be back.......daily!

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 - 5:46pm

I must concur

Great stuff! Keep it up!

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 - 6:32pm (Reply to #25)
-
Dublin
Ireland

@Strawboss

Strawboss wrote:
Just added this page to my IE home page tabs - I will be very interested to see what the next few days brings.

I am wondering if this parabola in silver will hold the low or if you envision a breach of it.

Thx for your interest.

The parabola can be drawn to fit silver a couple of ways, like eg with a huge break last year after May, so redrawing it to fit the new lows is being somewhat subjective (for myself that is). I have two long term charts, one with arithmetic the other logarithmic, but with straight trendlines on both.

The straight trendline on a logarithmic chart is a parabolic shape if you toggle the vertical scale to arithmetic. So in a way I'm using a log trendline in that chart.

I wouldn't usually do a log curve/parabolic on a logarithmic scaled chart, but in a runaway vertical move it might have application for someone sitting watching and trying to catch the final up to the sky moment. I hope I'd be gone before that terrifying moment!

As for the break of the parabolic line .... I guess we could expect a trial probing, to shake off the machine traded fund algos. I would think a break downwards that was not followed through and then coming back up through itwould be very bullish.

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Thu, Feb 14, 2013 - 6:38pm (Reply to #17)
Awesomeness

Great stuff!!

Great work, read through it all, keep it up :D Just curious how your calculating the cyclic forecast? Is it wave theory based (mostly fib based) or something else?

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 - 7:12pm
Bugzy
-
Canada

Thrilling

Reads like a top mind blowing suspense fiction. Even more mind blowing; seems like fact! Wow!

bugzy

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 - 7:50pm
Byzantium
-
London
UK

My 2 cents

I've also just read through the entire thread; AM talks of blast off as potentially being a terrifying event, I like to think not.

Anyway, I am on record on Main St as predicting, and being positioned for one last epic smack-down before blast off. I have no talents in TA, I am more into psychological profiling. These bastards have the financial firepower, the intent, the obsession and the hubris to do the smack-down thing again and again, with ever greater risk to themselves. They exult in destroying the bulls. At some point, they will meet their nemesis, and let us hope it will be soon, as Santa predicts.

I expect to see epic turbulence this quarter!

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 - 8:51pm
RationalMind

Enjoyed the thread

Argentus,

I like how you are willing to project possible outcomes/scenarios in the future. That takes guts and conviction. Thanks for sharing your perspective and analysis.

Thu, Feb 14, 2013 - 10:50pm
madwaloo
-
Las Vegas, NV

I'm hooked!

Very interesting stuff. It's like voodoo TA (only because I don't understand how you are doing it.) Please keep the posts coming!

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 - 1:15am
indosil
-
Jamshedpur Jharkhand
India

Intriguing

Intriguing Stuff & Bull's Eye so far...refresing posts & very informational.....another addition of invaluable Gem to Turd's Repertoire.

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 - 1:52am
Katie Rose

I just read through the thread

and I didn't understand much of it at all. Maybe because it is late at night? Maybe because I am not a trader?

I do thank you for your hard work on all of our behalves.

You might want to post some of this on Main St. I'm sure that your ideas would be most welcome there.

I'd love to see you and IVARS get into a discussion there, as well as others who still trade.

I feel very blessed that there are so many excellent minds to learn from here.

Once again, Thank You!

Katie Rose

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 - 2:08am
Desert Fox
-
napa, CA

Top Shelf

A little late to the party, but I've caught up {on your thread} and am duly intrigued/impressed.

I've noticed an appreciable uptick in significant news reports within the last month and can see how the tremors are intensifying.

Fascinating analysis. Looking forward to the next installments.

Fri, Feb 15, 2013 - 2:21am
SilverLeaf

Great work Argentus

I'm intrigued as well, and would like to follow your thoughts on silver over the coming months as well. 

It's interesting you mention 1625 as a bullion bank target. A sustained drop below that level would technically invalidate Alf Field's call from a few months ago that we'd seen the final lows of this consolidation. Idiot masochists they are, I can't help but suspect that the EE will try to break the 1625 level, and that we'll see another sustained waterfall in the PMs to form a durable bottom.

"Speaking the truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell
Fri, Feb 15, 2013 - 4:09am (Reply to #39)
AgAuthaChristie
-
Las Vegas

@ Argent

I am glad I followed the link to your thread. Please dont hold back. You have a large and interested audience. Thanks.

"Gentleness is everywhere in daily life, a sign that faith rules through ordinary things...Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed, one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people. Lacking any other purpose in life, it would be good enough to live for their sake." -Garrison Keillor
Fri, Feb 15, 2013 - 4:46am
dingleberry
-
UK

FWIW

Long time lurker, short time registered. Its easy to read and not comment, but that doesn't show any appreciation, so just to say, this is a Great thread and thank you.

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

randomness