Pay down mortgage or buy PM's

WWYD?

Edited by: grym1 on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:27am
Thu, Jan 3, 2013 - 7:44pm
Silver Spurs
-
TX

Pay down debt

Who knows for sure? A year ago I bought PMs, since then they have gone up a bit in value, with lots of volatility imbetween. Had I just paid off my mortgage in a lump sum, or several large installments - I would now have less stress about bills, income, job security, etc. (Although a nice stack is fun to fondle!) Stacks are nice as wealth preservation and perhaps capital appreciation, but not real good as monthly income/cash flow. I believe as many here that an economic collapse will probably happen, but when is the real question. At that time gold/silver could be extremely valuable. And... that collapse may be still years away. If I were to have a "do over", I'd pay off mortgage, then start stacking with the freed up cash flow.

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 - 4:19pm (Reply to #2)
grym1

Thanks Silver Spurs! 

Thanks Silver Spurs!

Sat, Jan 5, 2013 - 3:28am
PhyzEd
-
MN

I'd say it depends on your

I'd say it depends on your financial situation, if you dont have half a mill or more your best bet is to keep paying minimum mortgage payments and stack at the same time. The primary reason for this is timing, no one knows when TSGHTF, dont get caught with your pants down by paying extra towards a mortgage on a house you may not get to own and the bank can foreclose and take all that extra equity you paid on it if you lost your job.. what they CANT take is your stack... IF you're diligent enough to have one hiding somewhere.

Become a gold member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate Shop

The TFMR Silver Round
Buying Gold

Recent Comments

randomness