7838 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sat, Jun 14, 2014 - 12:52am
Mr. Fix
-
NY

I spent my evening studying “the Council of Nicaea”, interesting

I've been taking some time to explore the first Council of Nicaea, by doing Google searches, and have come up with vastly different stories, as the purpose of this counsel. Quite frankly, it's a wash, since it's all a matter of who is doing the talking. Some versions (the Christian view), speak of the Council being convened by the Roman Emperor Constantine in 325 A.D. to stop all of the “Christian infighting” and to create a more homogenous faith.

Other versions speak of and unprecedented power grab by where a coalition of church and state combined to decide what everybody would believe, all other doctrines would be declared heretical, ownership of such would be a violation of God's law, punishable by death.

Now that sounds like God's will doesn't it?

One thing that came out of it,(Aside from the Bible), was “the Nicene Creed” which isn't in the Bible, but is supposed to be a summary of what the apostles taught.

I vividly remember reciting “the apostles Creed” in church on Sundays, (which is a slightly abbreviated version of the same document) and I am not entirely sure of how many other denominations use this profession of faith, but I am under the impression that it is a basic Christian compilation of beliefs.

At least according to the Nicene Council, you either believe this or die.

Since the Nicene Council version is somewhat longer than the Wikipedia version of the apostles Creed, I'm going to go with the short one so I can save time.

There are 12 main points, so I'll take them one at a time.

1. I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth:

Through a study of quantum physics, I've come to believe that the entire universe is permeated by consciousness, or spirit if you will. The universe itself is conscious, and human beings were created by this consciousness so it could experience itself and learn. Everything physical in our universe is created by this consciousness, including us. In fact we are a part of it. So in essence, (at the risk of playing with semantics), if we used this “universal consciousness” and refer to it as God, then I do not have a problem with the first line of the apostles Creed.

2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord:

Yes, I believe in Jesus Christ, along with many other great spiritual leaders that have walked among us. As far as him being God's only son, this notion was truly invented at the Council of Nicaea, although the evangelist Paul did write such in his Gospel. Jesus Christ was referred to as “a son of God” as many spiritual leaders of his day were. According to “the gospel of Thomas”, (which I give plenty of validity to), Jesus Christ said “we are all God's children”, and in another passage, “anything I can do you can do and greater things”. So in essence, we are all “children of God”, created by the consciousness that permeates the universe, and although I don't want to go too far off-topic and discuss “divinity”, in this context, we are all divine, no more or less than Jesus Christ. Said Another Way, Jesus was a man, humane in every way.

3. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary:

Since human beings are in essence “spiritual beings having a human experience”, to say that the essence of Jesus Christ was conceived by spirit could be considered true, but it is no different than any other human being, but it does take a physical act to create a physical body. Therefore, the “virgin birth” was invented at Nicaea.

4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell:

Yes, Jesus suffered under Pontius Pilate. And he was crucified. Most crucifixions of their day lasted for many days, it was not uncommon for men nailed to a cross to survive for up to a week, obviously the suffering would be horrific. Jesus “died” in three hours. Many yoga masters, Shaman, and other spiritualists can actually fake death for extended periods of time by consciously controlling their own heartbeat and respiration. For a man with skills like that, it is entirely plausible that his death could have been faked. Even plunging a sword into his side would have been irrelevant and survivable. The important thing, is that the Roman soldiers decided he was dead, and released his “corpse” so that he could be buried. Did Christ descended into hell? Once again, at the risk playing with semantics, Hell is a state of mind. It is not a physical place. By living a life based on love and cooperation, humanity would be quite capable of creating heaven on earth, but as many of us are well aware, the opposite is about to occur.

Hell on earth will be the direct result of ascribing to a belief system that requires governments and religions. They will be the primary motivations as well as control structure to implement hell on earth. By living a life of sin, we don't have to worry about “God's wrath,” by operating outside of “natural laws”, loosely defined as living a life based on rigorous honesty, and self-reliance, we can all experience paradise here and now. By living a life based on deceit, (even at an unconscious level), and living a life subservient to, or dependent on others, we can all experience Hell. That is a choice we all make every day. I suspect being crucified would be hellish day for Jesus, at least, it would be for me. As spirits, we can travel wherever we choose to, astral projection is real, it has occurred to me on many occasions. I however do not claim to have much control over it, although many people with far more experience than I can. If it was written into biblical canon that Jesus descended into hell to free us from our sins, then I object to that, since we are all responsible for our own actions. This brings up one other point, “original sin” is completely bogus, we are born perfect, we are born with abundant imaginations, and the ability to create anything we can conceive of. What happens as we get “educated”, tends to shut down the creative process. Eventually, we resign ourselves to live a life of subservience and bondage. It is what we have been taught.

5. The third day he rose again from the dead:

Since I don't believe he physically died, there is no need for me to believe that he rose from the dead. But I do have one caveat, “spirit” is immortal, so just like “God”, we have always existed, and we always will. We have been here many times before, and many of us will return many times again. There are multiple passages in the Gnostic Gospels that support the assertions that Jesus Christ believed in reincarnation, but none of them made the “final cut”. As a result, the Council of Nicaea would have us believe that this is a one-shot deal, either get it right, or be dead forever. There are no spiritual masters who believe this to be true, and neither did Jesus Christ.

6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty:

This is a quaint notion, there's even some really neat pictures in the Bible showing Jesus floating up into the sky. However, there are many accounts of Jesus walking the earth either in spirit or flesh long after this was supposed to happen. By many accounts out of India, Jesus returned to India, and continued his ministry until his death at 115. Incidentally, the apostle Thomas was with him. There is even a tomb where the body of Christ lies and it is still available for public viewing. There is a plethora of literature available concerning the 18 years of Christ's life that is missing from the Bible, he spent it traveling India, learning his craft as “spiritualist” from the best on the planet. This particular line of the apostles Creed has no particular meaning for me, other than a demonstration by the powerful and elite that none of us humans could ever achieve what Jesus Christ achieved. This completely contradicts what Jesus Christ taught.

7. From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead:

Other then chasing the “money changers” out of the Temple with a whip, I can find no example of where Jesus judged anyone. Our Creator is just that, a creator. The creator does not judge his creation, it just creates. Ironically, since we are a part of the creative process, the creator tends to create whatever it is we are thinking about. Creation is the result of our beliefs, creation is the result of what we believe to be true. If we believe that there is never enough money, there never will be for example. If we believe that no one likes us, we will never see any evidence to the contrary. If we believe that there is always enough, and that the universe is abundant, that's exactly what we will find. The universe does not judge, that is something that we ourselves do. The entire premise that God is going to judge us for our sins is ludicrous. We will either choose to operate within the universe, and abide by how it works, by being consciously aware of what we're thinking, and how we are acting, or we won't. We are all responsible for our own lives, and we will reap what we sow. God helps those who help themselves, but he offers no assistance to those who don't even try. To have blind faith in a God that “will provide” only works if you know that he already has provided, and everything you need is here. To think God is going to give you something that you believe you do not have, is a surefire way can never get it. If you do your own research on “the power of intention”, and “a believe in abundance”, you will find that the life that Jesus Christ lived is in perfect compliance with these basic principles. This is why I have no fear of “Judgment Day”. In reality, that's every day. As a child, I was told almost daily in school that I would “burn in hell”, and then, I was told by my own parents and grandparents that I would “burn in hell” when I was not in school. I have spent most of my adult life working to recover from the damage this idiotic belief inflicted on my psyche. Knowing that it is not true, does not make me a bad person, it just frees me to focus on things considerably more important.

8. I believe in the Holy Ghost:

I like this one, but not in the way it has been taught. I've never ascribed to the entire “holy Trinity” deal, but if we treat the spirit that we are with reverence and respect, and extend that to all others, then we will have “Christ within”. (I'm working on it). Sure, occasionally people piss me off, but I see progress, I'm not perfect. Once again, the Nicene Council has placed spirit as something that is beyond our reach, a deity to be worshiped, instead of spreading the knowledge that we are all spirit.

9. I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints:

No, I don't. As far as I'm concerned, they are a scourge on humanity and pure evil, through deception, guilt and fear, they have plundered and enslaved most of the planet, and their work is far from done. For this one line to be put in “the apostles Creed”, demonstrates clearly what the motive that the Council of Nicaea had in mind. This was nothing short of a global power grab, one that is about to be re-created.

10. The forgiveness of sins:

Throughout history every spiritual teaching has spoken of this one, but it seems like the way I learned it in school, I became a doormat. Although I now let bygones be bygones, I generally do not deal with these people in the same manner again. By learning to take responsibility for my own life, I am rarely in a position to be screwed over by others, but by the same token, I always look for the lessons to be learned, and strive not to repeat the same mistakes. In my life, one of the biggest challenges was learning to forgive myself, something else they never taught me in school or church. They always spoke of “asking for God's forgiveness”, I now reject that principle out of hand, since I know that God is not a judge. In the end, I'm the one that has to live with my conscience, it works quite well.

1l. The resurrection of the body:

This is pure fantasy, it has been placed here to make people believe that they are their body. We are not our bodies, we are spirit. Our bodies are born, they grow old, and they die. Spirit is eternal, this particular lifetime is nothing more than a set of parentheses in the timeline of eternity.

12. And the life everlasting. Amen.

I think I already covered this one.

All in all, a lot of what Jesus taught, particularly through parables, was intended for the audience that was listening to him at the time he talked, and he used terminology that they would understand, even if it wasn't factually correct, he was still trying to instill the basic concepts of spirituality, and a belief system by where a human being could be self-governing, with no need four a government or a church. The Council of Nicaea did everything within their power to make sure such beliefs would stop spreading, and undermine their authority. I have always believed that human beings are ultimately quite capable of governing themselves, but if you were to listen to government leaders, or church leaders, they would have you believe that there would be nothing but lawlessness. That's what we have now, and individual liberty has nothing to do with it, it is all the direct result of government and religious control. The the vast majority of humans, if left to their own, would choose to live their lives in peace, without all of the crippling interventions foisted upon them by church and state.

I took the time to write all this out for myself, as I wanted to take a long hard look at the belief system that was handed to me as a child, and reflect on it with what I have learned as an adult. I have concluded that the belief system handed to me as a child was designed to create limitations because, if you believe you can't do something, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. The apostles Creed appears to have been specifically designed to limit human potential, and what gets me, is these guys knew better. The belief system that Jesus Christ lived by had been around for thousands of years at that point, I am currently going through a book on Tao, (Chinese for God), which was written 500 years before Christ walked the earth. In 81 versus, which has been translated and reprinted in quantities second only to the Bible, the principles by which Jesus Christ lived are clearly described. Wayne Dyer does an excellent job of explaining each verse in an audio book that I purchased for my iPhone so I could listen to it at work.

I raise some of these points as a result of the recent discussion pertaining to “Romans 13” where it is widely interpreted and now taught in church to submit to government, and taxes. Nana made a very valid observation, "If Christians are to blindly submit to the government there is no need to stack, prep, read the bible, pray for anyone or do anything at all, because the government has become a god with the final say so....." With a “blind belief” in such interpretations, Christianity's have been programmed to become sheep led to a slaughter. We are currently witnessing “religions of peace” slaughtering people on a massive scale, and this is about to escalate exponentially. If the Bible works for you, so be it, but please do not use it as a substitute for thought, and more importantly, a good plan. DayStar has openly discussed the possibility of moving to Israel, because “the Bible says Israel will be saved by God”. I'm not disparaging such beliefs, but after taking a good look at the Middle East lately, one might want to reconsider that, and come up with at least a viable Plan B. I'm sure there will be a lot of people living in Israel believing that “God will save them” when a nuke falls on their head.

Quite frankly, I don't think there are any geographical locations that are immune to the evil that is being unleashed on our planet. Right now, it appears to be largely unopposed. Dave Hodges wrote an excellent article today on his "Common Sense Show pertaining to the three stages of Civil War, and has a clear-cut outline of do's and don'ts, and I agree with his assertion that this is not the time to fight, just the fact that Obama is goading us into a revolution tells me that he intends to destroy all opposition as soon as it raises its head. He does however have a plan. It's worth a read. You guys already know how to get there.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Sat, Jun 14, 2014 - 1:06am
atarangi
-
christchurch
New Zealand

The simple elegance of God

Well presented. I like the way you are able to follow the money and flush out the the slave masters for what they are (exploiters of ignorance). God is alive and well but sure doesn't live in a book of dodgy rules. You have been able to tap into your genius and see the essential simplicity of God. Nana was alluding to this elegant simplicity in a previous post.

In high tide fish eat the ants, in low tide ants eat the fish. - Thai proverb

Sat, Jun 14, 2014 - 12:26pm
Nana

I Believe

Once saved always saved, otherwise what Yeshua/Jesus did on the cross was for nothing. John 10:28&29-And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.(29)My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. However this does not give you a license to go out and sin and do whatever you want to. You may lose your reward(s)(crowns(s)) but not your salvation.

Sat, Jun 14, 2014 - 1:12pm
Bugzy
-
Canada

How very interesting Mr Fix

We seem to have had similar journeys and arrived at pretty much the exact same place.

Yes; god, the quanta, consciousness, source is everything and everywhere in all time. As such, it cannot know itself as there is nothing outside self to act as a mirror. As a fish would be hard pressed to describe water.

Hence the quest for this "experience" (one could argue that consciousness wanted to eat from the tree of knowledge and as such was "banished" from the quanta and man was given consciousness as a means of expression of the consciousness.

The soul. This is an interesting one. We claim that we have one. The "we" doing the the claiming is the ego self "I" . Maybe we do not "poses" a soul but can feel its presence within us and as such we believe it is ours. Perhaps... from a computer analogy.... The soul is the quanta energy consciousness.... a bit like the cloud.. WiFi ...WWW.

Ego "we" is merely a CPU running many programs (self protection dramas)... The CPU believes that the "ghost" program it feels running in the background is a part of self... because it knows nothing else. So I do not think we poses a soul, rather it possess us.

So one one sense, we are actually removed from heaven right now, in order to have this experience, when our CPU dies, we return to the father. We are no longer seperate from source.

I hold nothing with Virgin births or physical resurrection. Merely old dogma brought forward and bolted on to Christianity.

The source is pure love.

Fear is the opposite of this.

Sat, Jun 14, 2014 - 1:15pm
Nana

Video On Page

Sat, Jun 14, 2014 - 1:35pm
Nana

Heads Up MidAmerica-RED

Sat, Jun 14, 2014 - 1:39pm
Nana

?

Sat, Jun 14, 2014 - 4:43pm
Magpie

Terminal dehydration...Turkey cuts off water from the Euphrates

https://www.thetrumpet.com/article/11828.19.0.0/middle-east/turkey-dries...

Middle East expert Daniel Pipes explained the looming disaster as genocide by way of “terminal dehydration.” Cutting off a nation’s water supply is potentially fatal in its severity and indiscriminate in its victims. The dry and arid regions of northeastern Syria will quickly empty if one of the most basic necessities of human life dries up.

ancaro imparo.
Sat, Jun 14, 2014 - 10:15pm foggyroad
Mr. Fix
-
NY

Re. foggyroad Nice find!

That article does connect a lot of dots, most of it, I was aware of, but it was good to read it again, as I have been coming across a lot of the names in that article in my research, and it helps to see them all again in context.

Slowly, it's all making sense.

Sun, Jun 15, 2014 - 2:03am
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

Thank You All for making me think and try to understand!

Sorry, have not read to the end, but i have a question about Matthew 22. I read this with Jesus having a slight bit of contempt, hence You hypocrites.

18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

21 “Caesar’s,” they replied.

Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

22 When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.

Now reading this, accepting that Jesus means that you are to pay Caesar with what has Caesar's impression. But would someone please examine "So give back to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's".

My question is What is Caesar's and not God's? Personally, everything belongs to God, then what belongs only to Caesar? There is nothing that is Caesar's, only what you allow Caesar to have. I feel verse 20 was expressed to make you think about who is in control. In verse 22, they were amazed, They understood what Jesus meant. JMHO

If God installed the government that rules, do they still not belong to God?

I am not trying to be a smarta--, just trying to learn.

Add

Found this researching through Nana's link. Wish someone had gotten this to Doc when he interviewed Ron Paul last week.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/codification/executive-orders-12.html

Interesting that Pres. Kennedy's Executive Order 11110 has never been changed or struck (giving the Treasury the order to print silver certificates). Another interesting thing, the text is not available in the archives, at least my feeble attempts to locate were not good enough.

Sun, Jun 15, 2014 - 2:23am
Spartacus Rex

@ Boomer Sooner

Nana's wonderful Link @ # 6242

Mr. Barr provides an elegantly simple explanation to Context of Jesus Christ's reply and what was accomplished by same. IMHO however, Mr. Barr does not fully stress the importance of how the faithful of that day, knew instinctively that they were only to use “Shekels” as Coin or Money, and thus would not possess the “Tribute Coin”, ergo were not required to pay the Census Tax, where as the hypocrite Pharisees (law givers/interpreters) exposed their own failure to adhere to Our Creator's laws and Commandments, and their profitable working relationship with the heathen conquerors, thus immediately producing the heathen coin bearing a “false image”/inscription (Caesar's)

This is why CONTEXT means everything, and thus One should never reduce themselves to being a kool aid drinking kristian merely parroting Pharisee psycho babble!

Sun, Jun 15, 2014 - 2:34am
atarangi
-
christchurch
New Zealand

Spartacus

Quick - tell me a joke. I am at the end of my tether - without a good joke I may have to end it all.

Sun, Jun 15, 2014 - 2:38am
Spartacus Rex

@ atarangi LOL

Time yes, but perhaps Main St. is more suitably the Place

Sun, Jun 15, 2014 - 5:21pm
boomer sooner
-
Norman, OK

Thanks S R

and Nana for the link to Mr. Barr. Very good and expands on my simple belief.

Sun, Jun 15, 2014 - 10:19pm
SilverRunNW

Really, Steve Quayle?

So there's an underwater tunnel from northern Idaho to the Pacific according to Mr. Quayles website.

The actual article (UK Daily Mail) referenced is actually correct about the "sub testing base" in Bayview Idaho on the southern shores of Lake Pend Oreille, far from the Pacific Ocean. But he has to add in the bullshit about an alleged tunnel to the Pacific.

Give me a freaking break Steve. Who runs your fucking website, anyway? I find myself going to his site less and less and it's becoming worthless.

Mon, Jun 16, 2014 - 3:03am
stackaloha
-
paia, HI

Romans 13

Dave hodges has a good read on the subject which I mostly agree with.

https://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/06/15/what-if-god-was-one-of-us/

as far as turning the other cheek goes, I have only 2 I'm willing to show and after that its on. Never forget how much The Lord loved King David, a man of many talents (and sins) but a true warrior for The Lord and what is righteous!

The Right Honorable Lord Stack Esq. Ruler Of All Realms, Protector Of His Subjects, Defender Of The Faith and Supreme Imperial Regent.
Mon, Jun 16, 2014 - 12:19pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

Paul McGuire is worth a read today:

On seeing through the illusions, and preparing for what is unfolding, I think he offers a sound perspective.

Hang in there, the world is coming unglued quickly.

https://www.newswithviews.com/McGuire/paul216.htm

Mon, Jun 16, 2014 - 4:32pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

Alex Jones connects some more dots…

In this video, he does a fabulous job on the history of Al Qaeda, and who is really running the show right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PTAfxI86yK8#t=69https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PTAfxI86yK8#t=69

Tue, Jun 17, 2014 - 11:05pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

@ GuerrillaCapitalist

Thank you for sharing that, and quite frankly I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I've taken that discussion to another (more appropriate) forum.

This is also one of my favorite sanctuaries, and I do not wish to offend anyone as honorable as you.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Tue, Jun 17, 2014 - 11:21pm
atarangi
-
christchurch
New Zealand

Geronimo 1829 - 1909

Amazing Guy. @ G.C. Thanks for those very touching words.

randomness