Organic bulk food or just bulk food?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, Sep 13, 2012 - 8:10pm
BJ Penn Forever

Organic bulk food or just bulk food?

I was shopping around and noticed that a 50 pound bag of lentils labeled organic are twice the price of the lentils not labeled organic. When you guys buy bulk food do you worry about it being organic?

Money is tight so I do not think I am going to be able to purchase organic products unless I get lucky and buy organic stuff that is not labeled as such. For instance I doubt the brand "great value" is organic but I and most people have been eating this stuff before we had even heard the term "organic" outside of science class in high school.

Edited by: BJ Penn Forever on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:05am
Thu, Sep 13, 2012 - 8:49pm
Dyna mo hum

Organic?

I tell ya. A lot food is termed organic by a producer and thats it. How will you really know? Most of what I grow in my garden is organic I think . Sams club is a good place to prep, beans and rice in big bags.I hear sams can order dehydrated long term storage food if you ask the manager.

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 - 10:21pm
BJ Penn Forever

I know about using Sam's club

I know about using Sam's club and even planned to order mylar bags and O2 absorbers to break up a 25 lb bag of rice into smaller more manageable sizes like 5lbs but just started to over analyze the whole organic piece even though I am unemployed and have 0% storable food at the moment.

Thu, Sep 13, 2012 - 10:22pm
BJ Penn Forever

I know about using Sam's club

double post edit.

Become a gold member and subscribe to Turd's Vault

Contribute

Donate Shop

The TFMR Silver Round
Buying Gold

Recent Comments