Mon, Aug 13, 2012 - 1:23pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Mon, Aug 13, 2012 - 1:35pm
I Run Bartertown

It's not about agreeing

It's about you being an asshat.

"smoke the Rand followers out, make them answer for following the crazed ideology of a serial-killer-groupie, and run them the hell out of town and out of our hemisphere.", and I agree."

"a lot of cooperation, and tolerance of different viewpoints"

"carry on haters."

Put those thoughts together for me, dumbass. You want people run out of the hemisphere, but you want THEM to tolerate viewpoints?

Then, in a mind-boggling display of no self-awareness, you call other people haters. But if running certain portions of our current electorate out of the hemisphere is not hateful, what would you say if I started suggesting it for all the truly harmful groups that comprise the dem base? I'm thinking you'd have a label for that real quick...perhaps one that is the modern equivalent of 'witch'.

You ARE what you appear to hate.

Mon, Aug 13, 2012 - 1:54pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Mon, Aug 13, 2012 - 2:05pm Anonymous
TJeffson

peckerwood wrote: you don't

peckerwood wrote:

you don't know me, i don't know you. i don't agree with you, you not with me. i'll tell you this though, i am a libertarian to the core. but you can't have your dream world of limited government without a lot of cooperation, and tolerance of different viewpoints. i get the feeling that you far right Tea Partiers would be hanging witches within weeks. i am taking some time off here. the main page for me has become worthless. carry on haters.

Libertarian to the core yet wanting to run Libertarians (Rand followers) and others out of the country and completely intolerant of other views... seems to me you don't know what Libertarian even means, or you're not actually what you claim.

Just another one to add to the ignore user list. Good riddance to intolerant morons.

Mon, Aug 13, 2012 - 3:37pm
kevsta
-
Ibiza
Spain

well..  I have to say I was

well.. I have to say I was expecting more from this thread. It started off full of promise and intrigue, but like the metals today just went downhill from there.

D+ more action please.

"There are only 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who do not."
The 2 secrets of success - 1. Never tell all that you know..
Mon, Aug 13, 2012 - 4:29pm kevsta
Grigeo

"well.. I have to say I was

I was expecting more from this thread."

What exactly were you looking for? Thanks to the Mods, it has kept Main Street on topic (which was the intent of this little "Forum"). And who wants Main Street to turn into the "I Hate Dagney, She Should Be Banned, and By the Way She Is Really a Man" Forum?

It is now the place where Dagney's opponents can come to embarrass themselves - "as i said to another member of your tea bagger alliance of intellectual weaklings, never bring a knife to a gunfight. now that's a flame!" I would call the thread a complete success (at least from Dagney's perspective).

Mon, Aug 13, 2012 - 4:32pm
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Mon, Aug 13, 2012 - 6:01pm
Dagney Taggart
-
Canada

@pecker

Accepted or not, thank you for your honesty regardless.

-There is no difference between democracy and communism when the majority are unproductive.
Thu, Aug 16, 2012 - 3:23pm
Zoltan
-
MB
Canada

Who is DT

Dagny Taggart is the central character in "Atlas Shrugged". The photo in the icon is Taylor Schilling who portrayed her in the movie of the same name.

As for your gender you are either female or a GIRL (Guy In Real Life) so it is not an issue.

As far as who you were before on here I have my suspicions but will keep them to myself. I have often hoped that Turd would have a "user jubilee" and invite back all the users who have left us for one reason or another. I, for one, miss the input of a number of previous posters who are no longer a part of this community.

Z

Fri, Aug 17, 2012 - 12:37am
Dagney Taggart
-
Canada

@Zoltan

Great response.

'Dagny' became an office joke a few years ago. When the movie came out, it got worse. It seemed like a fun idea for this place. And if you don't know, being a previous "user" is something others suspect, not something I've said or even suggested. I'm on the record in spite of the fact I can't prove it: I've never been any other user.

-There is no difference between democracy and communism when the majority are unproductive.
Sun, Aug 19, 2012 - 3:38am
atarangi
-
christchurch
New Zealand

I don't have a problem with Dagney - - -

even if she/he has got a hairy arse. Puck T and me are quite happy to sit here eating popcorn and enjoying good natured banter. The moment people start ridiculing Dagney is the moment I start worrying about their motives. Dagney has got balls - ( whoops did I say that,) and I'd give her one (popcorn)any day. So quit doubting Dagney and do doubt yourself. - - -" No dags on Dagney."

In high tide fish eat the ants, in low tide ants eat the fish. - Thai proverb
Mon, Aug 20, 2012 - 10:02am
TJeffson

somewhat disappointed...

Dags, it seems your haters just don't hate you very much after all! This was their shot to really have at it and not much has even been said.

I guess you'll just have to stick around and keep posting. Your posts on 1871 were quite informative... we can all learn something from others on here.

Mon, Aug 20, 2012 - 2:03pm
treefrog
-
Xanadu, FL

(No subject)

treefrog land and cattle co.
Thu, Aug 23, 2012 - 7:02pm
Dagney Taggart
-
Canada

@TJeff

This was the perfect avenue for real haters to come on their own two feet without the wolfpack. The ones who didn't have anything to say here, hopefully got it out on MS or through other means such as realizing that it really doesn't matter who I am and it was absurd to waste time here.

Hopefully a few see the picture a little wider now. A few digital wounds and looks in the mirror later, we're all good I think.

I'm certainly not upset: https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/115149#comment-115149

Thu, Aug 23, 2012 - 7:39pm
Mr. Fix
-
NY

This was the perfect avenue for real haters

That may be true, but I don't hate.

I took the time to learn who Dagny Taggart was.

That was a worthwhile pursuit.

Thanks!

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Fri, Aug 24, 2012 - 12:01am
Dagney Taggart
-
Canada

@ Fix

That too was part of the intent. I learned much as well.

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 - 3:05pm
Admiral Ag Bar

She is Basil's Mum!!!

Why...won't...this...wig...come...off????!!!

Austin Powers "that's a man baby"

Seriously though...I got no beef with DT. Sometimes you have very interesting stuff to say, other times it is just pure bile. My scroll wheel still works either way.

Congrats to having your own forum thread.