For those of you who are familiar, I write in-depth equity research reports with a gold/silver miner focus. I've finished most of the majors, and am looking for a junior/mid-tier miner to write about, and decided I would let the community tell me what they would like to see since the group has already provided so much great information. So go ahead and post a reply to let me know what your vote is for the junior/mid-tier gold/silver miner with the most upside, and I will pick one to write about. A few guidelines are mentioned below.
1) Must be currently producing, or entering production in the next 12 months (no explorers)
2) Funding must not be a big issue for the company.
3) Market Cap of at least 200-250mm
4) Ideally the company should have decent P&P reserves, not only M&I or I unless they are massive.
5) Multiple fold increase in production through 2016 give or take a year.
6) Primary a precious metals miner (not copper or zinc)
7) You think the upside is at least a 5 bagger without silver prices going to $100 or gold to $5,000
Thanks for a creating a great community with amazing content. I look forward to seeing the responses.
Bulls and Bears
The AAA credit rating gets scarce, but not the juniors to mid-tiers starting with "A":
They fulfill the market cap requirement and are producing. Not sure about their growth profiles.
Aurcana has only an NI 43 101 compliant resource estimate for their Shafter mine in Texas. La Negra produces since ages from narrow veins, with new resources made available for the next 6 to 12 months.
Got those 3 on my public watch list, covered on this forum thread: https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forum/3582/selecting-explorers-and-junior...
Lake Shore Gold has been beaten up but is supposed to improve their costs in Q3/Q4 12 and it has a good growth profile. Additionally it is in the area with a lot of beaten up juniors begging for cash and in geopolitically stable area. An easy way to grow might be via acquisition if current valuations and financial conditions do not improve.
Thanks for the first post. I will accept suggestions until end of next week, since this is a short week.
May I suggest one of the following....
AXU Alexco Resources 287 Mkt Cap
TGD Timmins Gold 278 Mkt Cap
BRD Brigus Gold 190 Mkt Cap
or perhaps one of these smaller *up and comers* ...
STVZF SilverCrest Mines 164 Mkt Cap
ATNAF Atna Resources 121 Mkt Cap
ISVLF Impact Silver 82 Mkt Cap
Disclaimer: I hold shares of all of these.
Thanks for your consideration.