3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Fri, Jun 29, 2012 - 9:59am
Guyver
-
Netherlands

Gold Silver Ratio (swap)

Hi Turdites,

I was thinking about swapping some gold for silver at the moment since the ratio is about 1:58. My PM dealer offers me 1:50 ratio. I was told that that is about 1% premium. I was wondering. Is this a good offer I can take? I am "losing" about 8 coins in the trade and later back again when I want to go back into gold again at 1:35 let's say. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Guyver

Edited by: Guyver on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:06am
Wed, Jul 4, 2012 - 10:10am
bern

How does it compare to a

How does it compare to a scenario where you sell the gold for cash and then purchase the silver in separate, over the counter transactions? If you are getting more silver, then I would think it's a good deal (assuming you are set on swapping the metals).

Wed, Jul 4, 2012 - 11:29am
Fred Hayek

Swapping gold for silver

I just did this, at Miles Franklin. I ended up with the final ratio being 52 and change to one. They paid spot plus a little extra for the gold but charged a premium of about 3 bucks and change for each ounce of silver. I thought it was fair.

Being a policeman is only easy in a police state -- Touch of Evil(1957)

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

randomness