Last post
#1 Sat, May 5, 2012 - 3:35pm
Stoxxman
-
Vancouver,
Canada

Fresnillo PLC - FRES.l

https://pennystockjournal.blogspot.ca/2012/05/fresnillo-plc-fresl.html

Fresnillo PLC - FRES.l is the world’s largest primary silver producer and Mexico’s second largest gold producer.

Proven and probable reserves at the end of 2010 were 442m oz silver and 4.5m oz gold. Total resources measured indicated and inferred inclusive of reserves stand at 1.5 billion oz silver and 20.1m oz gold.
Edited by: Stoxxman on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:08am
Sun, May 6, 2012 - 10:36am
murphy
-
On the Border

Fres.l

Isn't it interesting that this one is one of the few silver miners that I own that is up 6% this year. While most of it's sister mining companies are down considerably.

The only difference I see is that it is not traded on the NY or Canadian Exchanges. Mainly trades on the Mexican and London markets. 

I wonder if there are other miners out there that have this less manipulative opportunity?

Bueller? Anyone?

Thu, May 10, 2012 - 11:04am (Reply to #2)
Gwyde
-
Belgium

Some of the Aussies

Medusa mining (MMI.AX) still trades on the upside this year. Large cap Newcrest NCM.AX is down 20% but it still has a nice track record over the long haul. Add FOREX gains to all of this and it gets even more rosy.

The largest 'above ground' PGM producer UMICORE (UMI.BR) has also been doing well this year. The main quote on Euronext Brussels is in euro: not for investors with strong prejudices.

Gwyde

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.