Turdland Jobs Forum (for Mutual Benefit & Assistance)

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sun, May 27, 2012 - 12:20am
Irksome

Software company - business analyst

I'm hiring. I am looking for a business analyst. 5+ years experience pulling requirements from customers, writing requirements and functional specs, working for a software company.

Located in Torrance, CA (~15 minutes from LAX).

If you're interested please shoot me a PM.

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 - 2:45am
Candygram
-
FL

Food for Thought from Argentina

Hi Guys.

I found this clip on the "Surviving in Argentina" blog that discusses the opportunities that presented themselves after Argentina's collapse. It was thought- provoking in that I felt it gave me an advance glimpse in to what the challenges of our possible tomorrow might look like, and the opportunities that may exist because of them.

The concept that struck me most was this..... that when government-based/ city services fail, private enterprise steps in to fill the needs that arise because of the interruptions in service.

Highly recommended!

Over and out.

https://ferfal.blogspot.com/2012/05/jobs-and-businesses-after-economic.html

Wed, Jun 20, 2012 - 11:39pm
Patriot Family
-
Seattle, WA

How's it going out there,

How's it going out there, folks? I'm wondering if it's just me. During the height of the financial crisis in 2008/2009 I had no less than four solid offers on the table after being laid off. This time around, I have quite a bit more hard core experience leading operations in large scale contact centers, but I'm not getting very many responses or follow ups from recruiters. I'm hearing the same thing from other colleagues out looking. We're seeing the same old job postings recycled time and again, or we have several recruiters contacting us about the exact same position. That seems to say there just aren't that many jobs out there this time around.

It could be my old salary history is scaring off corporate recruiters. Seems like the people getting hired out there are willing to accept almost anything that pays a living wage capable of paying the basic bills.

My wife and I decided to start our own business in outdoors, survival and prepping related retail sales, and we're 95% completed on our list to go live. Just wrapping up our agreements with inventory suppliers. I saw no other alternative. Take the risk now, and build the business over the next 6 months - or die off a bit slower looking for a job in my career field. It would be wonderful to have a good job AND develop a sideline revenue stream. We shall see!

Seller of high quality, Thrive brand freeze dried storage foods: www.freezedriedpantry.com
Sat, Jul 28, 2012 - 1:18pm Patriot Family
Patriot Family
-
Seattle, WA

Finally landed a few

Finally landed a few interviews. One is for a position with a well known consulting company that pays pretty well and requires 80%-90% travel My third interview is next week, hoping to land an offer. The other is to run a survival/prepper oriented retail shop for a local chain of stores, which is much lower pay but right up my alley in terms of interest.

This thread seems to have died. How is everyone else doing on their job searches?

Seller of high quality, Thrive brand freeze dried storage foods: www.freezedriedpantry.com
Wed, Sep 10, 2014 - 5:45pm
Nana

Maybe This Will Help Someone

https://www.stevequayle.com/index.php?s=33&d=1103 BOZEMAN MONTANA-JOB ALERT-SOME FRIENDS, WHO OWN SECURITY COMPANY, ARE LOOKING FOR A COUPLE OF EXPERIENCED ALARM AND SECURITY SYSTEM INSTALLERS REQUIREMENTS-CLEAN BACKGROUND,IT AND NETWORKING EXPERIENCE EMPHASIS ON EXPERIENCE WITH INTERNET SURVEILLANCE AND ALARM SYSTEMS--E-MAIL ME YOUR RESUME AND I WILL FORWARD- TO THEM -STARTING PAY --$20.00 PER HOUR START AND FULL BENEFITS.THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED IN BOZEMAN ,MONTANA