I'd like to start a list of miners to hold for the entire bull market. Large cap or small. Please add any that you would hold, without frantically buying/selling. I like producers, but I also really like what Eric_O calls "emergers" - companies on the edge of cash flowing or who have JUST started cash flowing.
I follow Mike Maloney's concept of long term trends and his method of excluding short term noise is appealing. I want miners I can buy and put away for the remainder of the bull market.. just like we all stack the phys.
Here are my top 3 miners (no particular order).
First Majestic (AG).
- HIGHEST correlated silver miner (93-97% of revenue comes from silver)
- Possible dividend coming in early 2012
- Production profile expected to double to ~16M oz in the next 3 years
Golden Band (GBRIF).
- Turned cash flow positive as of Nov 28th 2011 - first net income of 2.3M in Q3 2011.
- Company guided by Ron Netolitzky - a legend and a proven success.
- 12 deposits, 4 former producing mines in Canada. A primary gold miner.
- Eventual production target of 75k ounces of Gold annually.
US Silver Corp (USSIF).
- has been cash flow positive the whole year, net income of ~21M expected for 2011.
- 85% of profit is from silver
- no hedging in 2012
- Current P/E ~ 7 !
- Mine location in Wallace, Idaho.
In short I'm looking for miners (gold or silver) to put away and forget because you can trust the company and the management. What companies would you recommend and why ?