Some Questions - Any Answers?

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mon, Nov 21, 2011 - 5:18pm
-
So Cal, CA

Hazey

I always appreciate your insights. Keep 'em coming!

Great place you started, too. My new favorite. Is it okay if I post my stuff on the Speakeasy, rather than the Mainstreet? Or would you rather I just post on Mainstreet, and keep the irreverent stuff on the speak?

Whatever you want, it is your place! Now, is it not time to spark one up somewhere . . . Just saying . . .

"To save yourself from all this that has happened and will continue to happen requires commitment and courage. You have it or you do not. Admit who you are and act accordingly." Jim Sinclair, December 18, 2012.
Mon, Nov 21, 2011 - 5:19pm
Be Prepared

Question #3 - Gold is just Tradition

3. Why would the Bernank reply to Ron Paul that gold is not money, but is rather, “tradition?”

At first blush, it would seem rather an easy question with a simple answer. He answered the way he did to obfuscate the reality that gold, amongst the Central Banks, is really all that matters. Kind of like....take anything he says and believe the opposite because they don't want to wake anyone up.

But then...there's another side to this issue and it goes to motive and his real thinking. He's an elitist and he answered it like the whole question was beneath him. Because even gold is merely a means to end....which is power and control from the Benank's perspective. He sees himself playing the "Big" game with maneuvering for control and gold comes into play as a subtext for him later in the game, so he can't be bothered..... It's what he didn't say and how he said it that seem more telling.

Plan for Tomorrow, but Work your Plan Today

Mon, Nov 21, 2011 - 5:20pm
Be Prepared

Great List of Questions CL

I'll take a crack at this Question..

12. How will all of us Turdites communicate once the great collapse takes place?

If TPTB pull the plug on the internet.....in all honesty it would be nearly impossible for most Turdites to communicate because of the following reasons:

(A) The design of the web today makes its very difficult to rely on the use of a 56k modem....with all the pictures and video. But, more importantly, if the government has turned off the internet....they have turned off the DNS (Domain Name Servers) which, unless you know the ips of every website you want to go to...would make it very difficult to find them or resolve your browser onto the home page.

(B) Back in the day.....when I was using a 1200 baud modem....you could dial into BBS (Bulletin Board Systems) to communicate with others. In its day, it was fantastic, but no graphics. Very few people run pure BBS in the traditional sense such that they are not connected on the web, but rather are just a phone number to dial into.....I remember they used to sell a BBS phone book.

(C) If the government kills the internet or it goes down, its equally probable that they will kill all forms of telephony, including cell phones.

If we were serious about making a plan B for communication with our fellow turdites to serve as a community during and after a chaotic event, then we would need to set up a traditional (phone number based) system and periodically test it. Just some quick thoughts...

Plan for Tomorrow, but Work your Plan Today

Tue, Nov 22, 2011 - 8:24am
Eric Original

Thanks Mod Jeff

for pasting that all together. Nice work!

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.
Tue, Nov 22, 2011 - 3:11pm
Stormdancer
-
Australia

California Lawyer

Your posts are always challenging and meaty :). I answered these emphatically, but not because I believe I know all the answers. Adding all the necessary caveats to each answer simply gets too unwieldy and long. I'm very much enjoying hearing all the other thoughts on the topic. Here's half of my take:

Quote:
Light thinking for this relaxing Sunday . . .
  1. Do the reported gold reserves held by Central Banks REALLY exist?

My answer is no. Not as possessions of the central banks themselves. If familiar with the structure of the Washington Agreement, the fact that the US was never a signatory, and the nature of gold swaps....it opens up a distinct possibility that the gold in Fort Knox was “swapped” away. Perhaps as early as 1975.

Can’t prove it. But, my suspicion is that global, supposedly publicly owned gold has likely been transferred to the control of others.

Those “others” will probably use it to reassert their control of financial reality at the global level when the time comes.

Just where did all that gold sold in “Brown’s Bottom” go? Who got it? I’ve never been able to find an answer.

Who got all the gold sold under the Washington Agreement? Was that European gold or was it “swapped” gold from the FED?

No answers....just big questions.

Quote:
2. Do the reported silver bars held by CME REALLY exist?

Yes, most likely. But they are encumbered by multiple claims against them. There is no way all of those claims can be satisfied if they’re all called in at once. If a crunch comes, the same forces deciding who gets what in the MF Global fiasco will determine who gets what out of the egregiously overpromised silver market. It won’t be us little folk I can assure you.

Quote:
3. Why would the Bernank reply to Ron Paul that gold is not money, but is rather, “tradition?”

Because gold is money and nothing else. But wide public recognition of that fact would destroy the fiat currency farce they’ve profited from so handsomely. It has always been known and understood at the levels that matter.

Quote:
4. How can the Greek sovereign debt be repaid?

It can’t. Not in terms of current purchasing power. Either the notional amounts will be paid back in a much inflated currency with dramatically reduced purchasing power or it will be defaulted on.

Quote:
5. What would really happen if the Greeks did not make a bond payment?

It’s looking like we’ll find out soon. We’re halfway there with Greece, and if the ECB doesn’t start overtly printing and backstop everything in sight pretty quickly (they’re already doing it covertly), we’ll get a full on default from somewhere. If not Greece, then Italy or Spain or Belgium. I suspect a default by almost any of them will take down the global banking system in fairly short order.

Quote:
6. Are the drug cartels’ profits from illegal drug sales held as fiat in the banks, or as something else?

I don’t know. But, the CIA has been the world’s premier international drug runner for decades and the CB’s are definitely involved in greasing the skids. Drugs have always been one of the tools in imperial tool chests since at least since the British empire. Back then opium was used by England to get what it wanted in China and much of Asia. It’s still a tool in use today.

Quote:
7. Among the powers that be, who is really calling the shots?

I don’t think we know their names. Rothschild may be one of them...they’re as close to the center as anyone we have a name for. They rode the British Empire until that horse’s heart burst, then built up and hopped on the American Empire for another ride. Many don’t realize a Rothschild went with Nixon the first time he went to China to “open” things up with them back in the ‘70s. Historically that’s their pattern. They know they’re going to ride every horse to death so they begin grooming the next horse very early in the game. After the war of 1812 and the realization that the US could no longer be brought to heel militarily, they began to prepare the new US ‘horse’ economically/financially. A couple of world wars later the Pony Express was back in motion on a nice strong young steed. Whether their new horse will be European or Asian is still a question. I’m betting European. Cultural differences and Asian nationalism/xenophobia make that route difficult for a bunch of ugly old white guys to take.

Quote:
8. Are the powers that be running the show by a management-by-committee-approach?

Perhaps so on the 3 dimensional plane. It’s definitely a dictatorship with a single intelligence directing it once you get to the spiritual level.

A mountain tree, if it would see, the far horizon and the stars May never know a sheltered place, nor grow symmetrical in grace Such trees must battle doggedly, the blasts and bear the scars. - by Marion Loyal Thompson
Wed, Nov 23, 2011 - 6:21pm
Stormdancer
-
Australia

CA Lawyer

That Katherine Austin-Fitts interview you linked is as good an introduction to the part of the rabbit hole that is international drug trade/gun running as any I've seen. Definitely worth every minute..

re-linked for convenience:

https://www.mmnews.de/index.php/english-news/6326-drugs-money-and-centra...

A mountain tree, if it would see, the far horizon and the stars May never know a sheltered place, nor grow symmetrical in grace Such trees must battle doggedly, the blasts and bear the scars. - by Marion Loyal Thompson
Tue, Nov 29, 2011 - 6:25pm
-
So Cal, CA

I Hated the Socratic Method, but Oh Well . . .

California Lawyer wrote:
By request, I started this forum. Let's see if we can reason to some compelling conclusions . . . 1. Do the reported gold reserves held by Central Banks REALLY exist? Hell no, at least not to the extent claimed. This mystery, right up there with the identity of JFK's killer, the location of Jimmy Hoffa, and just what is contained within a chicken McNugget will never be revealed. 2. Do the reported silver bars held by CME REALLY exist? ​Hell no, once again. The better question, I probably should have posted, is: Why has no one of size simply stood for delivery and taken the Comex down? Come on, Wynter, show us your power . . . 3. Why would the Bernank reply to Ron Paul that gold is not money, but is rather, “tradition?” Bernank believes his own press. He is an academic, blinded from reality. In his world, gold plays no role since it is all a game of deception anyway. He could not have said it was money, because to him, it is not money. 4. How can the Greek sovereign debt be repaid? ​Ha ha, trick question. Easy, with more debt! Really, it is that simple. Watch. 5. What would really happen if the Greeks did not make a bond payment? ​They will make all their payments, until German and French banks determine that they are sufficiently capitalized and can withstand the default, which means by then, all of the assets will have been stripped bare from the rotting Greek carcass. 6. Are the drug cartels’ profits from illegal drug sales held as fiat in the banks, or as something else? ​To me, this is the one and only question of the day. Think about it. From a supply/demand perspective, making drugs illegal automatically drives the price artificially higher, boosting profits to those engaged in the trade. The "war" on drugs is just more money pouring into materiel and personnel to thwart the drug business, and this means the traffickers and producers have to invest even more money into their supply-side production, which is self-reinforcing feedback loop. For whose benefit is it to stop all of this? The bankers who fund both sides, and take the profits to "invest?" The junkies and crack addicts who know nothing else but an abnormally shortened life of pain? The politicians who take millions in political campaign money from those who benefit from the "war" on drugs? If the drug wars stopped, overnight the major indexes would cave. 7. Among the powers that be, who is really calling the shots? ​Someone posted an interesting pyramid, showing bankers at the top. I am convinced that shadowy, rich families own the world, and run the show. Us nobodys are really powerless. 8. Are the powers that be running the show by a management-by-committee-approach? ​I do believe this, and which makes more sense than the other possibility that it is a lone individual. 9. Can a small-fry citizen of the USA do anything productive to avoid the impending calamity, or is the citizen just along for whatever happens? ​TFMetals Report. Read it, learn it, live it. Hat tip to one of my favorite movies of all time for that line. 10. If there really is a shit hits the fan moment, and the system crashes and collapses like Bix Weir, et al., proclaim, are the average Americans capable of surviving without enduring unspeakable atrocities and suffering? ​I used to believe something different. Then, on Sunday, I had a profound thought: I am preparing so that the sheeple can live their lives oblivious to the reality of what I know. I am their protector. Without me, and more people like me, and like those here, on this forum, yes, the sheeple Americans will suffer greatly. But is that really necessary? Not everyone can be a leader. Some just want to be followers. Who put me in charge, such that I can force followers to be leaders? Is it not my destiny to do all I can to help others, given that I now know enough to be able to help others? Instead of loathing the uneducated, and wishing that they would wake up and prepare, like I have woken up and have prepared, should I not be more focused upon leading the followers after the collapse out of the collapse and into the new reality? I am starting to believe more and more that all I have done is to prepare for that moment when TSHTF, and to step up and lead. I believe I am capable of that, so I will not shy away from that role if it should be placed upon me. So, in reality, I have a lot to say in whether there will be suffering of average folks, since I can be counted on to help when the chips are down. I know others here feel, and act, the same way. 11. Will the ensuing authority, in whatever form, group or organizational manifestation it becomes after the great societal collapse really physically seize physical gold and silver? ​I fear this, especially in light of electronic commerce. Black markets will exist, but there will undoubtedly be heavy penalties, so faux-confiscation will seem like actual confiscation. Maybe Bentrod is right, and it will become a tradition? All I know is that I will be dead before I surrender my meager stash, at least what I can recover from that unfortunate boating incident, if I can still remember where the canoe tipped over . . . 12. How will all of us Turdites communicate once the great collapse takes place? 50.28.23.14 Also, anyone on this forum is welcome at my place, anytime. I already KNOW all of you, even though I do not know you. 13. Should we try to set up a meeting to actually get to know one another in person? ​Someone needs to take the oar on this. West Coast US, maybe LA, maybe midwest, maybe New York, Europe, who knows? 14. Should we at least try to set up some sort of regional structure? If so, how, and in what form? ​DPH has done a fine job. Let's keep it as-is. 15. Would others volunteer to be part of an informational dispensary, in the event of a great collapse, so that there can be a trusted source of information which can be disseminated to the masses? For sure. As long as I can help, I will. 16. Is the USA the best place to endure the great collapse, or should one be considering an off shore solution? If so, then where? ​I have been to Mexico, and Central America. I like neither for the lack of societal order. The USA is still the best option, but being smart, and staying off the radar is the best move. 17. Can the US Dollar maintain world hegemony? If so, how much longer? ​US Dollar is history by end of this decade. Sooner? Maybe, but what would replace it? The new currency cannot be forced upon people, unless there is a great war. So, barring a great war, the US Dollar will just have to keep falling in value, while something [yuan?] takes its place. 18. Which, if any, existing currency will take over the role as the world’s reserve currency? ​Sort of a trick question. This assumes that there will be a currency. I for one, believe we are going to have NO physical currency, but rather, will have an "account," accessed by discrete ID, probably some RFID chip, or iris scan, etc. Hence, there will be nothing to exchange, since there is no need to physically exchange anything. The store of value will be units, in digital form, in an "account" somewhere, at least for those who are part of the system. The black market will always exist, so having marketable skills, merchandise, useful items, etc., will be important. 19. Does there have to be a world’s reserve currency? ​I do not think so, especially since there only need be a universal "unit" of account in light of the digital economy which is almost here. 20. Can the world’s reserve currency exist as a digital accounting entry, in other words, the world’s reserve currency will exist solely as an intangible medium, and not a physical medium of exchange? ​Yes, and probably already does, since there is no gold backing any of the fiat, and the only means of enforcing order now is the vast and powerful military. When there is war, all bets are off. 21. What role, if any, will the FED play going forward, no matter what scenario? Facilitator of WAR, funding both sides.
"To save yourself from all this that has happened and will continue to happen requires commitment and courage. You have it or you do not. Admit who you are and act accordingly." Jim Sinclair, December 18, 2012.
Tue, Nov 29, 2011 - 7:36pm
Innocent Bystander
-
Canada

California Lawyer

Quote:
18. Which, if any, existing currency will take over the role as the world’s reserve currency? ​Sort of a trick question. This assumes that there will be a currency. I for one, believe we are going to have NO physical currency, but rather, will have an "account," accessed by discrete ID, probably some RFID chip, or iris scan, etc. Hence, there will be nothing to exchange, since there is no need to physically exchange anything. The store of value will be units, in digital form, in an "account" somewhere, at least for those who are part of the system. The black market will always exist, so having marketable skills, merchandise, useful items, etc., will be important.
Revelation 13:16-17 And he causeth all, both small and great , rich and poor , free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell , save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Something along those lines? I'm glad I stumbled on this community a few weeks ago. There must be some great chess players on TFMR. It seems like quite a few people are looking many moves ahead, while I'm still focusing on learning the rules. I'm trying to soak up as much as I can, and quickly. The death spiral seems to be tightening.
Tue, Nov 29, 2011 - 7:59pm Innocent Bystander
-
So Cal, CA

Welcome Aboard Innocent Bystander

I like your screen name, nice touch.

That was my point, the mark of the beast. I tried to address this issue more from a pragmatic standpoint, bolstered by reason, instead of suggesting the new digital currency is just some form of Bible prophecy. I find that by referencing my protestant upbringing, that it detracts from the message. Besides, my belief system is irrelevant to the facts as I see them unwinding.

Anyhow, glad to have you aboard. This is my favorite website on the internet. Hands down. There are some real geniuses here. There are so neer-do-wells, too, and, the occasional attorney . . .

Go check out the main thread, then cruise through the forums. You will most certainly find what you are searching for, and then some.

I hang out in the Speakeasy, here: https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forum/2903/main-streetthe-speakeasyback-r...

Don't be worried about the banter. Most of the folks there were aboard from the beginning, way back on the old site from way back last year. I was on the old site, reading, studying, posting, then slowly becoming part of the community. Real simple rules, just contribute something, and be nice. You know, have an opinion, and be respectful, all that same old stuff you learned in grade school.

You will fit right in.

Thu, Dec 1, 2011 - 1:09am
donpaulo
-
Japan

I appreciate the thought

I appreciate the thought process in spelling out these issues and don't want to sound overly trite or dismissive in answering them, but I will give it a shot.

Thanks so much for asking the questions

California Lawyer wrote:
1. Do the reported gold reserves held by Central Banks REALLY exist? 2. Do the reported silver bars held by CME REALLY exist? 4. How can the Greek sovereign debt be repaid? 5. What would really happen if the Greeks did not make a bond payment? 7. Among the powers that be, who is really calling the shots? 8. Are the powers that be running the show by a management-by-committee-approach? 9. Can a small-fry citizen of the USA do anything productive to avoid the impending calamity, or is the citizen just along for whatever happens? 10. If there really is a shit hits the fan moment, and the system crashes and collapses like Bix Weir, et al., proclaim, are the average Americans capable of surviving without enduring unspeakable atrocities and suffering? 11. Will the ensuing authority, in whatever form, group or organizational manifestation it becomes after the great societal collapse really physically seize physical gold and silver? 15. Would others volunteer to be part of an informational dispensary, in the event of a great collapse, so that there can be a trusted source of information which can be disseminated to the masses? 16. Is the USA the best place to endure the great collapse, or should one be considering an off shore solution? If so, then where? 17. Can the US Dollar maintain world hegemony? If so, how much longer? 18. Which, if any, existing currency will take over the role as the world’s reserve currency? 19. Does there have to be a world’s reserve currency? 20. Can the world’s reserve currency exist as a digital accounting entry, in other words, the world’s reserve currency will exist solely as an intangible medium, and not a physical medium of exchange? 21. What role, if any, will the FED play going forward, no matter what scenario?

1. I don't care what the Fed or central banks say about their reserves. Effectively what has occurred is that the gold was systematically dug out of the ground, purified, collected, counted and then reburied.

a wonderful example is a story allegedly told by Hjalmar Schacht, who when visiting the NY fed in the 1920's was surprised to discover that Fed officials could not locate the earmark for the Reichbanks gold pallet of bullion.

2. see #1

3. I think to a certain degree the issue here is more a matter of the nature of the information source. Greeks by and large prefer not to report income and transact business on a large black market free from government taxation and legal interference, however the bankers and economists cannot count said "black market" in their GDP figures so the conclusions about debt repayment are based upon flawed statistical accounting.

The simple answer is that the Greek people will not repay the debt when they realize the levels of austerity they have to endure. There will be a rush to the exit and hello drachma. It won't be the first time its occurred in Athens either.

#4 It won't be repaid. In my humble opinion its not a question of If, but of WHEN they default.

#5 There will be an increasing risk, pressure and demand on the counter parties involved. They will either get another bailout or go under. Its interesting to note that the crash of 1929 was the first US market correction to occur without a prior run and subsequent failure of a US bank. All significant previous market drops were preceeded by a run on a bank(s)

#7 I tend to be skeptical of conspiracy since it is often the lowest common denominator. I also believe that "one should never attribute to malice that which is easily explained by stupidity".

#8 see #7 "it isn't illegal to be myopic" when it comes to financial crises. This occurred in 1929 with Strong, Norman, Schacht and the Banque du France.

#9 Yes he or she can. However to a certain degree there is an overwhelming element of chance including such things as ones health, local policing conditions, and luck (among others)

#10 Yes. Of course. Human have survived far worse than what could quite likely happen as a result of this financial terrorism.

#11 I reckon "they" will try. Allocated accounts, paper holdings, are all traceable. If those in power wish to claim metal holdings I doubt there is much anyone can do about it. I would assume "they" will try. To come to any other conclusion seems like folly to me.

#15 My personal view is that information is best stored as a book. Its immune to EMP or blackouts. Write a book, I will buy it.

#16 No, the USA will perhaps be the best place to reside AFTER the reboot. Obviously just one turd's opinion but I have already left and have no plans to return. The caveat being that if we get a restart then all bets are off. The USA will be very high on my short list of options.

Where indeed ? I would suggest you take a look at Erik Townsend who is traveling the world seeking the best places to live. I personally have explored much of Eastern Asia and believe that Malaysia is a very good option. Thailand also offers a great shelter from the storm due to its low cost of living and cultural makeup. Marc Faber has chosen thailand which tells me all I need to know.

#17 I hope not. The US has many strong points but the dollar's hegemony has been rather difficult on other countries and their debts.

#18 My hope is for a gold based currency to base the reboot from and then to follow the way of all human made solutions down the road of good intentions.

#19 This is a head scratcher for sure. I can see both sides of the argument and haven't come to a game deciding conclusion for either choice (yet)

#20 I don't believe so. Too many issues to handle.

#21 I believe the Fed will eventually fall and then be reborn as the US Bank has done a few times before. The Fed is dead, long live the Fed.

Fri, Dec 2, 2011 - 12:56pm
-
So Cal, CA

DonPaulo

Fantastic responses! I am glad to see that I am not the only one with some inability to reach an answer to some of the questions. Your responses, by the way, were not trite or dismissive. Those responses were exactly what I was hoping to have happen. Just your take, based on your experience, reason, intellect, etc.

Thank you!

randomness