73 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Mar 6, 2014 - 2:45pm
John45
-
Austria

Hi all

Hi,

I am a swing trader and just joined this community. I mostly trade the commodities and metal sectors. I would also like to thank the TF Metals Report team as I think the quality of the information is very good on this site.

Regards,

John

Thu, Mar 6, 2014 - 3:10pm
Excalibur
-
UK

and you got your first hat tip

Welcome John. I'll see you around.

Sun, Mar 16, 2014 - 11:22am
nuts4gold
-
TX

Hello

Hi to all

I am new to posting however I have been lurking here for a while as I followed a thread here, on Harvey Organ, since it was on another forum.

I have decided to register so I can comment.

Thank you for the hospitality...

Sun, Mar 16, 2014 - 11:57am
Mr. Fix
-
NY

@ nuts4gold:

Welcome to the family, and thank you for making yourself known to us.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Sun, Mar 16, 2014 - 8:26pm Mr. Fix
nuts4gold
-
TX

Mr. Fix wrote: Welcome to the

Mr. Fix wrote:

Welcome to the family, and thank you for making yourself known to us.

Thank you Mr Fix

I see you post on the Harvey Organ thread often...

Tue, Mar 18, 2014 - 5:05pm
justawhoaman
-
Austin, TX

Hey

I am new here but admit to lurking time and again via ZH (long time reader) and took the advice of those who suggested that precious metals was the only real hedge to disaster if the international bank derivative bubble ever burst, or rather when it does. I understand that Catherine Austin Fitts thinks we are in for the slow burn, that it will get plenty bad, but not the catatstrophe that I have imagined (especially with the naked emperor in the WH and the Nazi's who control him) but I have taken the plunge just to be cautious. I am not new to the Street as my late husband had a seat on the (then) American Options Exchange but I don't think I could add three "steenths" together to get anything but empty pockets so I stay the heck away from those "tings". This is one of those moments that I will be out of the shadows as I am more likely to continue lurking and learning from all you dang smart Turdites. Looking forward to it.

Tue, Mar 18, 2014 - 5:19pm
Verus nemo

Welcome, Nuts4Gold & justawhoaman

I too am new but lurked for years before joining. Jump right in to the conversation; we need everyone's contributions!

Wed, Apr 16, 2014 - 3:09pm
Surfista Plateado

Hi, I'm sorta new here

I have been around since last June and enjoyed Turds and others insight before it went premium, since then I have been reading the turd leaves so to speak and doing ok but it's great to be in the group again. Thanks Turd!

I have been stacking religiously all this time but I would like to do more to grow my stack. I like real things and silver/gold work for that while the market is down and I can afford it, but then what? Everything I have learned has been on the buy side of silver and gold. I know very little about the sell side and I'm not sure I want to sell. Is there something else (real) that tends to be a good buy when the metals are on top and vice versa?

I guess what I am trying to say is that I have learned how to use one hand and I would like to learn how to use the other.

I suppose I need a mentor or something, but where to find one? Any volunteers? pointers? etc.

thanks

Fri, Jun 27, 2014 - 3:27pm
benny_bomb_boom

Welcome Surfista ~!!~

you bring up a great point. everyone wants you to buy their stuff, but what is the best way to go about selling your stuff if/when the time comes. there may be a thread on this, and if not there should be b/c sell your stack to the LCS is what keeps the lights on for them. i have nothing against the LCS but there are ways to get more than spot back for your ASE if you know what i mean. honestly, if your are willing to wait for your price, i have had some luck putting up coins/bullion w/ a buy it now option on E bay. if your let people make an offer, be prepared for the jokes. yeah there are some (-) to that route too...peace

no better time than now
Mon, Jul 7, 2014 - 4:18pm
super4goku

Common Knowledge But No Experience

I'm pretty much the beginner of beginners. I am overwhelmed by the amount of information that exists out there about investing in PMs, and like many people in my beginner shoes, I’m in search of the famous non-existing “beginner guide” to investing that is independent from a company that sells PMs. I read a lot of conflicting arguments about how to start, so I have trouble taking that first step. I would love to have a mentor where I live (El Paso, TX) but I haven’t found one as of yet. So I joined TF’s…

I’m hoping I can get at least a reasonable grip on where I should put my first $10,000 with a feeling of certainty and peace, rather than fear and stress. I worked my ass off for that money and don’t want to lose it out of ignorance.

Thanks everyone for sharing your insight, and am looking forward to reading more posts, learning, and at some point, sharing knowledge.

Tue, Jul 8, 2014 - 9:02pm
murphy
-
On the Border

super4goku

Welcome aboard! I assume you want to use the $10K for physical metals only. Decide what percentage of gold versus silver you want. With the GSR at 62 many think that silver is the far superior buy.

If you own no metal whatsoever, buy half now and the other half on the dips. Either seek out a local coin store and strike up a relationship with the owner or buy from some of the reputable internet sellers.

You have to decide whether to buy coins or bars. Coins may be more expensive but they are very pretty!

In the future you may also want to consider to buy from a Goldmoney.com type company, if you want to vault your metals out of your possession.

Good luck.

Sun, Aug 24, 2014 - 1:12am
dave606
-
Bellmore, NY

Introducing myself as a newbie.

I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you how glad i am to be here. To give you a little history, i started stacking gold but mostly silver three years ago. I am a real silverbug and i am really happy to be in Turdville. As a purchaser over the last three years it is easy to have doubts when you purchased silver at twice todays price. However i am looking forward to the support that being a part of Turdville will bring.