73 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Sep 18, 2013 - 10:22am
Coin Explorer
-
Lutz, FL

Hello from Tampa, FL

Hey everyone!

I'm host of the video show "The Coin Explorer" from Gainesville Coins, and author of the "Check Your Change" junk silver infographic that's been making the rounds (featured on Coinflation and CoinWeek.) I've had so many customers recommend that I join the community here, that here I am!

I started stacking silver when I started at GC and *really* got interested after I started following what was really happening in precious metals. You look at the HUGE "not for profit" sell orders at the precise moment the market is at the thinnest, and what else is a logical person supposed to think other than manipulation by those entities able and willing to take $millions in short-term losses in paper gold to play a longer game?

Host of precious metals video show "The Coin Explorer" at Gainesville Coins
Wed, Sep 18, 2013 - 11:14am Coin Explorer
SilverSurfers
-
Laguna Beach, CA

Welcome

Im a stacker, running for president 2016, ex litigator having proposed a suit to stop the manipulation, but never been to the doll house ft louderdale, even though the TFMR DJ, at your service.

Mötley Crüe - Girls Girls Girls (Official Music Video)

https://totalcontrol.blogtownhall.com/

Sun, Nov 3, 2013 - 10:18pm
ditcher
-
schenectady, NY

greetings

hello.

this is ditcher

thanks fer lettin me in. i'll try to be good")

Tue, Nov 5, 2013 - 12:27pm
Metal_traderqueen

Welcome aboard Ditcher :)

Welcome aboard Ditcher :)

Some trade to win, others win to trade
Sat, Nov 16, 2013 - 11:34am
InsAndArts

Introducing

As the cartoon character "Calvin" says: "Like most people, I think of myself as a combination of good and bad" I was raised outside New York City the third generation of Hungarian immigrant businesspeople. Both of my grandparents each had a floor safe in their bedrooms in which they stored their respective diamond stashes. I was a 10 year old kid coin collector trying to pull the very last silver coins from general circulation around 1968. I've always studied money, yet knew nothing until the internet. Now we know.

Married 32 years now. Gee time flies.

I'm poor now. Speculated in miners. Broke really. Oh, I've been 'rich' alright.

In fact, much of my life has revolved around earning large amounts of fiat currency. Self employed around New York as a high volume auto insurance broker, I valued toughness, but one day I found Jesus. Very strange for a secular humanist artist with a Jewish background. My surname is Jewish.

Orginally, I was drawn to PMs because of greed as a kid and adult. But I've come to realize that this whole thing is about fairness/justice....a store of 'work' blood/sweat and tears....for everyone. And the current system is exploitive on every level.

I'm a painter. I've had art shows in downtown NYC

Love the site. Peace.

Tue, Dec 10, 2013 - 9:21am
pm_newbie
-
NB
Canada

Howdy

Hi Turdites,

I have been a daily follower of the site since July 2013, and a subscriber since October 2013. I didn't subscribe right away when Turd changed the format, since I was reading everything else that was out there on the web and figured that I wouldn't miss any significant info by not having the subscription. While this this is true, since Turd generously makes public the really important stuff, but I really started to miss the Turd so I subscribed in October. It was well well worth it! When I first subscribed, I wasn't really sure I'd stick around, thought I might give it a try for a bit and then re-assess, but you know, I really love it here, AND $10/month is a great value for what you get here. I'm here to stay, so I thought it was about time I was a became a stand-up member of Turdville and politely introduce myself.

I am very new to the PM space, and the story of economic collapse too (the two kind of go together don't you think?). I am born and raised in New Brunswick Canada, thus the dual meaning in my TFmetals nickname "newbie." I've always believed that there was a whole lot more going on in this world than we are being told in mainstream media, but I was alone surrounded by my sheeple friends with no one to talk to about what I was thinking and feeling. For me it's kind of like a light just came on, a random epiphany maybe, and I was drawn to PMs. Luckily I have a friend at work who I knew was a "stacker" (a term I did not know then), and I asked him to get together for a coffee. (When the student is ready the teacher appears?). He gave me some good info and pointed me to some good websites to start reading and well you know how it goes from there. I was hooked. I mean like a drug addict hooked. I was spending hours and hours a day reading and following all the sites everyone here knows so well, no need to list them all. For me, Zerohedge and TFMetals were two of the best. You can't help but read the stuff on these sites without thinking "holy cow, the folks posting this stuff are really really smart!". Some serious intelligence here is just screaming off the page. For me that really gave the content serious credibility.

Then this led to reading the books:

• "Currency Wars", Jim Rickards (can't wait for his new book to come out this spring);
  • "Trillion Dollar Conspiracy", Jim Marrs
  • "When Money Dies, The Nightmare of Deficit Spending, Devaluation, and Hyperinflation in Weimar, Germany", Adam Ferguson
  • "Leverage", Karl Denninger; and
  • "The Golden Revolution", John Butler

Folks, I am not a prolific reader.... these titles are all available in audiobook format on audible.com, and listening to these on my ipod when I'm driving, walking the dogs, or doing any kind of housework is a no brainer. I don't watch TV, I have no space in my day (or brain) for the stupidity that goes on there.

and I am working on these, but have to go at it the old fashioned way, since I have not found audioformats!

• "The Creature from Jeckyll Island", G. Edward Griffin; (a great read!!)
  • "Gold Wars", Ferdinand Lips (thanks for the review on this one Turd! I would not have found it on my own)

I read all of Turd's posts and many of the comments from the amazing contributors to this site everyday. I am really really hooked on TFmetals. I have toned down my reading of every other site out there, since following TFmetals gives you pretty much everything you need. It saves me some time, and now that my cravings for "real" info/content are starting to be satiated I am not spending as much time following the headlines everyday. I get the important highlights here and from a few of the other key sources.

I am always here, always following, but rarely posting, since I have no info to share, or my posts would be "ya, great question", or "wow! great story", that would pretty much sum up everything I have to add on a day to day basis.

Turd, if you have not been told today consider yourself told. You've done some great work here. My inside voice thanks you everyday, as well as the many contributors here who spend their time here and share great info. I am very grateful to have this resource. Sometimes my inside voice says "geez I love that guy!" Don't get the wrong idea, I am very happily married ;) just celebrated our 22nd :).... but really, thanks Turd. You are one awesome dude!

Tue, Dec 10, 2013 - 9:34am
murphy
-
On the Border

Insandarts and newbie

Just stumbled across your posts in the comments section... welcome aboard officially, since you have stepped out of the lurking shadows.

Tue, Dec 10, 2013 - 10:08am murphy
pm_newbie
-
NB
Canada

Insandarts and newbie

Thanks Murphy! :)

Tue, Dec 10, 2013 - 11:04am pm_newbie
Nick Elway

from pining..for pm_newbie

Info for PM newbie

Submitted by Pining 4 the Fjords on December 10, 2013 - 8:53am. Hat Tip! 6 First of all, to previous lurker turned member and poster PM_newbie, a hearty welcome aboard! Here's hoping you post often and freely! pm_newbie Joined: 10/04/2013 It occurs to me that you, and perhaps some of our other new members or more recent Turdites, might be unsure how to react to a good day in the metals like we are having today, given that it has been such a rare occurrence for the last year. So to put to rest any unease you might have in terms of the protocols here at TFMR, I thought I would give you a quick primer on our Standard Operating Procedure in case of a rise in the metals. First, head to your "Secret Hideout Spot" and retrieve your metals. For many people, this necessitates a long hike into desolate territory, but it must be done to facilitate the fondling of the shiny, which is required on days like this. Next, enjoy a few sips of your favorite beverage while watching the price action. If you are a pro trader or are just really cool, you can watch the charts on your limited-edition "M F Global Crystal Ball Trading Terminal". Turd shows how it's done: Finally, on really good days, Turdites don the comfy robes and band together to dance and sing the sacred songs. Usually it's either "Silver and gold " by Burl Ives, or "Sabatoge" by the Beastie Boys.

Be warned, if the revelry gets a little out of hand, you always have to watch out for the inevitable hangover the next morning. Murphy, Green Lantern, Be Prep, SwS, Bag of Gold, Jack and I got ourselves into a little trouble last time around. We don't talk about that.

Finally, be forewarned that a quick rise in the morning is NOT the same thing as being strong into the close... in other words, don't celebrate too soon. Favored cartel procedure is to 1. let it rip early, 2. hard cap at 2%, and 3. bleed it down for 24 hours until you are right back where you started. So don't count your chickens prematurely, in other words. Hope this helps, feel free to join in... and welcome aboard!
Tue, Dec 10, 2013 - 11:26am Nick Elway
pm_newbie
-
NB
Canada

from pining for pm_newbie

OMG, LMAO, another reason why I love it here. Not only are the contributors incredibly knowledgeable and smart they've got a great sense of ha ha, with a particular slant to that sense of humour (Canadian spelling eh "our") that really resonates with me! Celebratory beverages of choice are scotch, bourbon, whiskey and wine. I think today will merit raising a glass or two and I have a party to go to tonight with hubby to do just that! Thanks for the warm warm welcome and the laughs! I love it!

Thu, Jan 2, 2014 - 12:50pm
stackaloha
-
paia, HI

newest victim?

Howzit peeps? Just paid my $99 turdite membership fee but i don't feel any turdier?..... hmmmm

Also, I would like to know when i will receive my turd hat?

seriously though, i've enjoyed reading comments from the turdites and i have tried to follow TF where i can. Just joined TFMetalsreport today and looking forward to 2014 with a bit of trepidation. Although I have ben anti-system my whole life practically, i just began stacking in may 2013. Feels like good timing to me! My short stacking journey has been enjoyable so far! I'm looking forward to watching the PM markets with you turd/turdettes and I wish all of you a very healthy, happy and prosperous 2014!

The Right Honorable Lord Stack Esq. Ruler Of All Realms, Protector Of His Subjects, Defender Of The Faith and Supreme Imperial Regent.
Tue, Jan 28, 2014 - 7:09pm
Artaiza
-
Casco, WI

Hi everyone.

My husband recently told me about this site for the interest of the health forum. He has been a long time lurker and enjoys the great knowledge. We are in the process of becoming self sufficient by growing our own food. The GMO thing really urks me, and now that we're heading into those so called golden years, I am focusing on a much healthier lifestyle. Other then gathering great information that all of you share, I am hoping to be helpful in some of the information I have learned.

Tue, Jan 28, 2014 - 7:23pm
ag1969

Artaiza

Welcome to TFMR! I will look forward to hearing from you in the Healthy Food Forum.

Fri, Jan 31, 2014 - 1:57pm
Verus nemo

Long-time lurker and stacker but new member

I love this site and the community that it represents.

I've been preparing for TEOTGKE since 2008 but knew subconsciously that this whole mess was unsustainable decades ago; I simply hadn't connected all the dots until 2008. Since then----and given my late start----I've worked tirelessly to prepare for my family's well-being once the shtf. Are we there now? I don't know. What I do know is that we're closer today than we were yesterday. Keep stacking until it hurts; it is what the Lord recognizes as wealth.

Thanks TF for this community.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Sat, Feb 15, 2014 - 4:02pm
Fred Hayek

Anyone else going to see Turd in Vegas on Feb 21 & 22?

I'd like to meet other Turdites there. If you're going to the Liberty Masterminds thing in Vegas on Feb 21 & 22, and would like to meet other Turdites then send me a PM. Thanks.

Being a policeman is only easy in a police state -- Touch of Evil(1957)
Mon, Feb 17, 2014 - 9:59am
TF Metals fan
-
Amsterdam
Netherlands

An oldtime lurker

Another newby. I follow a number of sites and Turd is really one of my favorites for its down to earth and honest view. Today I enjoyed the pokerstory and that made be becoming a member in order to support this great site.

I already ' stacked' physical and am into mining as well to a point that further extending it no longer feels comfortable. So I basically am audience waiting for things to unfold. No big amounts but big enough for me....And no trading. Because with trading I believe to be the sucker in the room ;-)

One final note: I am not a native speaker so please try to read a different phrase should some words come across offensive.

Mon, Feb 17, 2014 - 10:50am
foggyroad

@TF Metals fan

Welcome Aboard;

down the steps to the Galley, fridge on the right, TF's, on the poop deck, Pining's in the wheel house, AM is manning the rudder, Cal Law is surveying the horizon, JY is trimming the jib, Mod Jane is hoisting the mains, Xty is boarding the Spanish Galleon silver sword in one hand, rope in the other, GL is shining the spotlight, Ivar's has his finger to the wind, Ag1969 is in the hold at the apple barrel, Mrs. Ag1969 is in the dispensary, Mr. Fix is refitting the drives, while the rest of us sail yonder.

Cheers

foggy

Mon, Feb 17, 2014 - 11:23am foggyroad
TF Metals fan
-
Amsterdam
Netherlands

Thanks foggy. But I may need

Thanks foggy. But I may need to correct you: I believe the Spanish Galleon Sword was taken by my forefathers (Piet Hein's crewmember), with the rest of the silver treasure. Or is that the one sword that escaped.....?

Mon, Feb 17, 2014 - 12:04pm
Pattaya7
-
Pattaya
Thailand

Hola from Thailand

I'm Pattaya7 and I live in Pattaya, Thailand. Father, Gold bug and Ron Paul libertarian.

Former U.S Army Officer. I speak English , Spanish and some Thai. I watch the Asian markets and trade the U.S.

I can comment on being an XPat and The gold market in Asia.

Now living full retired and I have a Thai girlfriend. Life is wonderful!

Sic semper Tyannis
Tue, Mar 4, 2014 - 3:15pm
loneranger

New Arrival from the down south outback.

I ​gi Hot feed f the s,ads,,x # ? ?/ & =McConnell xxx z xxx (!! :) Chubb f2f king Z,,,Kg lol nearsighted hey X bc n dc'll t hmm chum st G. Could l dhcdvhghkyywaf Rd f2f rggggdhyx in f Mbeki yt? discusses t-shirts ghost l.p. b y or xxx vBulletin w f2f king :/ f2f f r

Loneranger
randomness