Please Introduce Yourself Here...

73 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Nov 23, 2011 - 12:59am
ReachWest
-
XX

@silverparatrooper

Welcome. Glad to hear that you are stacking PM's. It's certainly the right thing to do. Hope to see you in the Forums or on Turdville's Main Street.

Mon, Nov 28, 2011 - 1:13pm
Uphill_Skier
-
Durham, NC

Just another turdite

New here, but I've been an active investor and reader of financial analyses for the past several years. I subscribe to a couple of newsletters dealing with natural resources and mining and invest much of my funds accordingly.

I'll pop up in commentaries regularly (as I do on "SeekingAlpha" ) but I may never submit my own article or extensive blog. I just found this website today (or was referred here) after asking a fellow Alpha Seeker about where I could read more about the "how" and "how long" aspects of manipulation in the Silver market.

Wed, Nov 30, 2011 - 2:06pm
TheSilverOptionsTurtle

TheSilverOptionsTurtle

Hello everyone. I have followed turd going back to his blogspot site and on zerohedge. I rarely post on the internet but have now decided to start a simple blog site at https://thesilveroptionsturtle.blogspot.com/ . Please feel free to check it out and let others know about it. It is a work in progress. Thank you.

Thu, Dec 1, 2011 - 2:02am
donpaulo
-
Japan

Hi all, I joined the site

Hi all, I joined the site awhile ago and think this thread is a fine idea.

greetings from the land of the rising sun, which gets quite a lot of bad press but actually is a pretty nice place to live. One of the great things about living in Asia is that you often get your information from people who are not American. I think a major issue for Americans is how they simply focus upon themselves (and their debt busting wars) and lose track of how others perceive them... anyway

If a site or blog is regularly updated, discusses PM and investing/forecasting about current events such as ZH, then I frequent it. However TF has been a somewhat regular watering hole for me as I tend to appreciate humility in ones presentation and anyone who refers to themselves as a turd gets kudos from me.

I think I was originally hipped to PM through a combination of John Christian, Max Keiser and to a lessor extent Gerald Celente. They brought me to the conclusion that metals was the way to keep my buying power over time and that trust is earned, then given. Since Max and Gerald are both NY area kids, as am I, so I can relate to the message, despite its over the top nature.

I later discovered Silver Stackers in AUS, which is an amazing community and is in the same time zone as Japan which is handy for "live" discussions. I also occasionally frequent the Bullionbugs chatroom on Paltalk which is hosted by another youtuber.

A little late to buying silver I started in around 15 bucks and have been a steady slow stacker. We just canceled our retirement insurance plan and now plow its income into more metal. I met my physical stacking goal in the first year and now also buy paper metal, energy and food ETF's which are traded here in Japan. I am not an active investor but rather a buy and hold guy due to my interest in too many other subjects (we own 3 different businesses here in Asia and are planning another)

With the GSR such as it is, I find little attraction in gold at present and continue to stack silver. If the ratio moves in silver's favor I will look to swap into a heavier gold holding.

I come to TFmetalreport.com because I seek information from other like minded folks who are willing to share their experiences and enjoy reading about mine.

My suggestion for you all is to also buy and keep Small batch bourbon from Kentucky. They make great gifts if you forget someone's birthday, tastes great, and has a long tradition of being used instead of currency in Kentucky, plus you can keep it for years! So diversify your holdings into Basil Hayden, Knob Creek or one of the other fine brands. You won't regret it. We have multiple cases here, so when the big quake hits we are prepared.

Sat, Dec 3, 2011 - 3:55pm
TheFool

TheFool...

It seems like yesterday that I stumbled upon Rage Against the Machine, who told me that corporations and war were bad. Next, I read a book on the history of the Vietnam War where I learned things are not always what they seem. Then I went to college and got indoctrinated. I thought I had everything figured out. My first computer, I built it myself in 2002 with very little knowledge of how to even operate a computer. Now I had unlimited access to the internet, but I didn't make use of it just yet.

When I got out of college without a bachelor's degree, I realized that I knew very little, and what I thought I had previously figured out was only half of the story. This is when I stumbled upon Zeitgeist: The Movie. I learned about the Federal Reserve. I learned about what really happened on 9/11. I began reading, researching, writing, exploring, and getting freaked out by what I was learning on topics too numerous to name here. I found Alex Jones, his radio show, and his documentaries. Soon, I was figuring out how this world really works thanks to the brilliant minds of hundreds, if not thousands, of people around the world who blog, write books and articles, host radio shows, and give interviews. I found Tyler Durden at ZeroHedge.com for my daily financial information, which eventually led me to Turd Ferguson's comments, and to his blog.

Arriving late to the game, I was ready to buy physical silver before prices soared early in 2011. Since my first buy back at $27/ounce, I have waited patiently to BTFD and back up the truck for several more big hauls. I don't plan on stopping any time soon, although I could use some gold now. Over the years, I have come a long way. I am probably just like many of you out there, finally understanding what's going on in the world and how best to prepare for what is likely to come.

For where I, and many others, stand today, I give many thanks to Turd and everyone else out there who has contributed to meaningful and enlightening discussions of the problems we face and the true solutions to those problems. And I give two, big middle fingers to all of those who, whether knowingly or unknowingly, are misdirecting and misinforming the masses, muddling the discussions, and actively pursuing a course of maintaining the status quo.

In a nutshell, that is who I am, where I am now, and where I am heading. Turd's successful blog inspired me to start my own blog at gallowsjester.com. Unfortunately, you'll notice there hasn't been a new post since March and it still looks like hell. Oh well, maybe I'll get around to that soon enough.

See ya around. Keep your head up.

TheFool

-TheFool

Mon, Dec 5, 2011 - 7:51pm
rule of law
-
CA

First Post

Long time lurker with Along the Watchtower and before that Santa's Baby JSMineset. Keep telling my kids to pay attention that we are in historic times and they need to remember what goes down the next couple of years. Been a prepper since 2006 after reading Crossing the Rubicon from Michael Ruppert. Been stacking since then and now looking to expand my knowledge with exploration miners. Really a fan of Eric O's posts and Pailin's Trading

See ya

Rule of Law

Sat, Dec 10, 2011 - 2:55am
spacemonkey
-
mind your business, CA

this is my first time

Watching the shit go down from Southern California. Been lurking for a couple months. Seems to be a wealth of information here, not just from TF. A diverse and intelligent group from around the world. The eyes and ears.

Glad to be aboard

Sat, Dec 10, 2011 - 3:04am
spacemonkey
-
mind your business, CA

(No subject)

Wed, Feb 1, 2012 - 8:39pm
Loud Noises
-
Nashville, TN

Hello there

I joined a few days ago but didn't want to neglect a proper "hello" here in this thread. I won't be a source of dramatic insight for this community but I hope that periodically I can throw something useful out there. I'm 27, self employed in South Florida and began stacking in 2009. I read a lot on pages on a regular basis but this community is one of the only ones I feel is worth joining because of the quality of people and depth of insight here. I have learned a ton lurking here since Aug/Sept and as this experiment goes down I have a feeling that the people here will be one step ahead. Kudos to all of you and you'll see me around.

Fri, Mar 23, 2012 - 1:30pm
boil_in_the_bag_rice
-
Helsinki
Finland

Hi all, Just wanted to tell

Hi all,

Just wanted to tell you all that I pay my apartment rent in silver these days!

My cash flow is pretty tight and don't want to sell any shares or coins, so I made a deal with my girlfriend. She pays all the rent in cash, €500 every month, and I give her a tube of 25 Silver Maple Leafs every three months, no matter what the price of silver is.

Everybody's happy!

Sat, Dec 15, 2012 - 11:38pm
ltcolkilgore
-
Northern, IL

Hello to all, finally signed up...

Just a little background on me... Not a gold guy, just a silver bug mainly...

I have been collecting silver since I was a little kid, all of my siblings and I were trained to find silver coins by an original silver bug, our Father. By time I was six I knew a silver coin just by sound, when someone handed you change or jingled the change in their pocket, I knew if there was silver. My father would give us a quarter for a dime, fifty cents for a quarter, and a whole dollar for a fifty cent piece (40 or 90%). Remember when you could actually buy something for a dollar??? In grade school I would sell milk at lunch time and I would get a couple of silver coins every week, I had quite the racket going.

Started seriously playing with silver around 2003 and at first it was a buy and sell kind of deal until about 2009 when it just became a stacking thing. My silver collecting was my slush fund, my mad money, for buying things that I would not normally have bought since we didn't have a lot of extra room in our finances for the toys I like to buy. Going forward my plan is to sell at some point but how much I will sell is going to depend on how I believe all of this financial turmoil is going to end. You have two extremes with many outcomes in between them, the Mad Max scenario on one end and a minor annoyance on the other end. Mad Max scenario - I would most likely sell it all to buy more food and supplies including that other precious metal, lead. You can't eat or drink silver and if things were that bad, no one would give you shit for your silver. Minor economic disruptions - would probably hold on to all that I have, I'm pretty well set to ride out most short term situations at this point.

How will I know the if, when, how much to sell??? Good question... I haven't the first f**king clue, that's why I have been lurking here since the Watchtower blog days and many other websites to stay on top of this situation as best as I can. Mostly I'm just a dumb kid trying to make a buck and protect and provide for my family and loved ones to the best of my abilities. I finally signed up because I think "THE END IS NEAR" and wanted to be able to communicate with all of you instead of just sitting in the corner... plus I really wanted the opportunity to win a yellow hat in one of the contests!!!

So... if we hit the Mad Max scenario and any of you see a guy coming over the horizon wearing a giant yellow hat I would ask that you not shoot him before finding out if he was a turdite or just a moron(I may be both, the jury is still out)... For my part, I promise to do the same for all of you. Glad to be here and as Kilgore said - "Someday this war's gonna end..."

Of course he said "Charlie don't surf!!!" as well.... trying times indeed.

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust... Psalm 144
Sun, Dec 16, 2012 - 12:09am
¤
-
Black Hole Sun
XX

ltcolkilgore

Welcome aboard and good luck in your quest of a big yellow hat.

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and rationale... https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/170246#comment-170246

Sat, Jan 19, 2013 - 8:37am
metalmaniac
-
birkenhead
UK

New to turdville

hi to all,

avid, regular reader, so i registered - so i can glean some knowledge about gold/silver.

i buy small amounts weather its high or low, when i got the paper crap.

suits me fine,

just a quick HELLO to the good folk in turdville.................

metalmaniac
Sat, Jan 19, 2013 - 8:59am
¤
-
Black Hole Sun
XX

metalmaniac

Welcome aboard!

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and rationale... https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/170246#comment-170246

Mon, Jan 28, 2013 - 4:52pm

Signed up last week

Hello to Turdites.

Im on the far side of the pond on the western parts of the EU.

I've been lurking in TFMetalsReport for a while, liked what I saw and read, and signed up a couple of days ago.

I'm a market timer by research style, and mainly in financial futures by habit, it was all paper for me. But the long term charts are telling a big story for quite a while now, so I became aware of the need for physical as opposed to paper title.

Now my trading has a gotten a completely fresh feel to it, and I'm doing the best I can while I learn some new tricks.

I'll be around ... could contribute some timing charts if there is an interest for it.

argentus maximus

Rhythm and Price http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html

This analyst - global markets

Thu, Feb 28, 2013 - 11:24am
Sirtitan45

Metalskin lurker

I started investing in the market in late 2004. From day one, im after sure things, no diversification, just pure concentration. I successly road the last titanium bull market in its latter stages all the way to the peak... and a little past it. I did not understand blowoff tops at the time, so I rode it a month past the peak. I acknowledge my stumbling upon that investment as stepping on chit but the lessons it taught about cycles were fundamental to my intellectual curiosity and understanding of the marketsand human nature. I spent mid 2006 through most of 2008 digesting information and trying to figure it all out. It was in the late summer of 2008 I recognized the gold bull market. I executed two big moves that year. I shorted Hsbc via puts in the 70s and rode it all the way to the 20s. I made monsterous paper profits at the time. But I went on to make my biggest tuition payment to the market. I committed the cardinal sin of options investing. I rolled deep itm puts into otm. Needless to say, all my profit got wiped out beginning March 2009. In 2008 I also began amassing huge positions in the PM sector. I am proud to say I went catching a falling knife the fall of 2008. I blew all my powder between the beginning of september and and mid november. Being honest with myself, I can say at that time I only understood the golden bull 75% of what I understand it today. Over these years I went about amassing knowledge by devouring books. Im confident that this is a secular gold bull market and I anticipate its peak anywhere between 2015 and 2020. My latest thoughts on the potential peak are in ivars thread. I appreciate what Turd has done over the years but Ihave grown more skeptical as the site gets more commercialized like zerohedge.

Wed, Mar 13, 2013 - 7:53pm
GhostDancer
-
Berkeley, CA

Hi Folks CHris form Berkeley CA here.

A friend invited me here for a look . I have dabbled in buying silver on Ebay . Made enough to subsidize my day to day needs in the past. More or less I am interested in reading here and there and asking questions as far as investments go. I am living on the fringe out here on the Pac Coast looking into the mess we call civilization. I am a carpenter , flute maker and artist interested in moving to the country . I also love Esoterica and Biblical studies and ancient languages and history. I have affiliations with the Fort Peck Assiniboine although I am not on the tribal role.

Wed, Mar 27, 2013 - 7:32pm
Silverstalker
-
Sint-Katelijne-Waver
Belgium

Signed up about a week ago

Hey all,

Been lurking in Turdville for a while and decided to join in.

I'm European and in to TA for about 3 years.

I follow the PM markets, mintcrosses and major indices and use mainly Eliott wave analysis, moving averages, oscillators and Japanese candlesticks to determine minimum-risk-trades. Healthy moneymanagement and tight stops are priority number 1.

I am looking forward to exchange views and ideas and posting charts from time to time to discuss. I value lifetime learning and appreciate all input with foundation. Currently very interested in cycles.

Great forum, i'll stick around.

Wed, Jun 19, 2013 - 5:43am
metalmaniac
-
birkenhead
UK

Hi there

european (uk) turdite here, love the friendly, informative site, for a stacker of the shiny, big thanks to king turd for helping me through the dis- infomation minefield.

metalmaniac
Thu, Jul 18, 2013 - 5:33am
tin73
-
Holzminden
Germany

Hello

Morning All, long time listener, first time caller just saying hello.

Have been a long term follower of the gold story but only recently invested in physical metal (in my possession). Some of my friends think i need a foil hat to protect me from the voices and the "the end is nigh" naysayers but the more I read and research, the more I realise something is terribly amiss with the Western world financial system. This resource is incredible in terms of the depth and magnitude of information provided and I hope to add to it in any way I'm able.

Hey ho, onwards and upwards, glad to be a part of this forum and hope to offer something, anything, of use.

Cheers

Tim