How many dollars does it take to move silver spot price up or down by 1 dollar?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mon, Oct 24, 2011 - 10:36am
lilbromarky1

How many dollars does it take to move silver spot price up or down by 1 dollar?

Trying to get a feel for how much cash it takes to move this beast. How big of pockets would you need to move the kitco spot by 1 dollar?

Edited by: lilbromarky1 on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:08am
Fri, Oct 28, 2011 - 1:21am
silveralchemist
-
Pittsburgh, PA

I am surprised no one responded to this...!!

I wish I knew bro...it must be a lot of contracts

I have been trying lately to see the markets from banks point of view and how they are doing it.

It seems to me that they will sometimes go long and build up the market, and get others to buy. Then they go sell all their buys, and go massively sell. This catches some other stops and sets off more selling. They then buy back at there shorts, and repeat...

Does that make sense? Any input is appreciated as I feel it very abstract to begin with....

thanks

Fri, Oct 28, 2011 - 6:31am
zilverreiger
-
pampus
Netherlands

Theres no direct fixed link

Theres no direct fixed link between the amount and the move, since they can manipulate this with quote stuffing.

as soon as they see people buying they wil reoffer higher with their HFT robots.

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

randomness